• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    acrof iz a whiner *slit slit slit*

no **** your a girl

Sexist much?
    Shut up about baseball now, cuz this isn't a sports thread. And stop insulting Viksu just because she's a girl.

Last edited:

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    I think girls can't play baseball, because they're girls and I don't need any girl robots getting in my way.
    Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Also, pokedemons.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    What the hell is this now? Official National Baseball League thread? Back on topic of "how much dem grafics suk roflrofl"

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    Although Nintendo could've done a bit better on some of the pokemon's models, remember the old saying, graphics don't make a good game...well, sometimes.
    I think PBR has some decent graphics for the trainers, and other stuff.
    Off topic: The thing i'm worried about the game is the announcer. It sounds really annoying after a while. Is there an option to turn it off?

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Off topic: The thing i'm worried about the game is the announcer. It sounds really annoying after a while. Is there an option to turn it off?

Options menu on the main screen, then turn the voice "off".
    I did that LONG ago...

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    Spoiler:

Either you're an elitist or a pessimist but this game is FREAKIN' AWESOME!
    (The Wii is a 256-bit system, whilst the GCN is 128.)

I agree he may be pessimist, but for the record, the wii is a 128-bit as well, there's no graphic improvments whatsoever. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the high point of both the wii and Game Cube Graphics.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I don't know if it's like this in BR, but there are unneeded scenes that only is a waste of time. The camera moves around when you select your attack, but when your going to attack there is a scene of your Pokémon doing NOTHING. Afterwards a scene when the pokemon attacks. It's only for a short time, but still it is useless. I hope it is gone in BR. And I also hope the animations of attacks that miss have returned from Stadium.

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    @RileySox, Viksu, and OT_Ian: Shut up. You're dumb. If you don't have anything smart to say, don't say it.

And now, my rebuke for every stupid comment that has been posted since I last did so.

RileySox: Okay, so you're a spoiled brat. Saying things like "I have a PS3, and I got a Wii for Christmas," makes people hate you. And FYI, Sakurai has been quoted, MANY, MANY times that GRAPHICS ARE NOT THE FOCUS OF THE WII. So shut up about baseball, your stupid waste of money that Sony calls a gaming console, and get back to the topic on hand.

Arcof:

1. The only negative thing about Arcanine was about his paws. Get glasses. Or actually learn how to read well.

Sims796:
    Look, your all staring to sound like fanboys. Graphics in games are imporant. If my $250 NEXT-GEN SYSTEM Pokemon looks choppy and blocky, then there's a problem. I still think that the game is great, and I also say that it looks great, but it coud look better.
    Once again... THE WII IS NOT ABOUT GRAPHICS. If you want graphics, go waste 1000 dollars for the "good" PS3. And get out of this topic.

I think its worth the money, but if graphics are a deciding factor to some people, so be it.

One person's opinion. I, for one, who has played at least one game in each generation and has also liked Pokemon since it first came out, really like the fourth generation of Pokemon. And as for the old ones being "horrible", I think they all look fine. Arcanine? Sure, his paws aren't the greatest, but it's not like he hasn't been seriously improved from his 3D debut in Stadium. All of the models are absolutely stellar compared to their previous ones. Please. Pleeeeeeassee. PLEEEEAAASSSEEE STOP COMPLAINING.
    Imaging if they had the same graphics then. That would not be acceptable on Next Gen. I don't care about the graphics, but there still nice.

HIPPOCRITE. You can't say that "blocky graphics are not acceptable in the Next-Gen," and then go back and say you don't care. Retard. And once again... THE WII IS NOT ABOUT GRAPHICS. SO SHUT UP ABOUT THEM.

The end.

*overdoses on 50-Calibur aspirin*

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Everyone, just stop posting in this thread and replying to Acrof, okay? He's a tard without learning capabilitys, and he will never figure out that the graphics he's whining about are hardly noticed.

Cookies and [partybox] for whoever actuallly ignore him and his thread from here on.

Viksu

Hmm..?
    Years
    Ugh, girls can play baseball if they wanna.. But let's forget it.

I really like the Wii, it's great consol, and Battle Revoltion is one of my must-to-get games. Graphics doesn't tell anything. That's it. The most inpontart this is what game holds isnide of it.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    "It's not about power, or graphics, or how real you can get it. What counts about a game is originality."
    Nonsense, everything in a game is what produces the final result.

Just look at FFVII, terrible graphics in our modern world, but the game kicks ass.
    Your are just forgeting about one thing: FFVII IS A 11 YEARS OLD GAME!
    and don´t forget that it was released in a 32 bits system wich has blocky graphics in every game.

If you wanted to compare games, you should compare PBR with FFX-2(because they would be from the same generation)
    wich was released in a inferior system (graphically speaking), but still have better graphics than PBR.

Understand one thing about graphics:
    NES graphics were good in the 8 bits era.
    SNES graphics were good in the 16 bits era.
    NINTENDO 64 graphics were good in the 32/64 bits era.
    XBOX graphics were good in the 128 bits era.

The problem now is that Wii's competitors skipped the 256 bits era, and now are in the 512 bits era, while the Wii is still in the 256 bits era.
    Not only that, a lot of Wii games are being released with NINTENDO 64 GRAPHICS because they are supposing that originality is everything in video-games, and it's not, it may be important but it's not everything.
    THE SIMS, NIGHTS, and PBR (with the blocky models) are good examples of games released to Wii with this "little" problem.

the graphics in PBR suck but only because it a wii game. and it doesnt matter cause really... Pokemon in HD?? they arent even real.
    And since when FFX-2 characters were real? Or HALO characters?

The only negative thing about Arcanine was about his paws. Get glasses. Or actually learn how to read well.
    Jesus...
    Once again:
    The entire model is the same from stadium series, not only for my arcanne and my typhlosion, but a lot of them are like this.
    (Slowbro, Pidgeot, Exeggutor, Blyssey, Ledian, for example, are the same found on Stadium, check by yourself)

Imaging if they had the same graphics then. That would not be acceptable on Next Gen. I don't care about the graphics, but there still nice.
    They are only acceptable in retro gaming.

THE WII IS NOT ABOUT GRAPHICS.
    HOWEVER, the Wii is about 3 times more powerfull than a GameCube:
    *Large DVD discs with 3 times more storage capacity
    *3 times faster processor
    *Almost 2 times more RAM memory
    *512 Megabytes internal flash memory
    *Bios upgradable trough download
    *Motion senistive wireless remote control
    *Compatible with most of GameCube's peripherals
    *SD card slot

So the Wii is not about graphics?
    So why didn't they create a N64 with a high-tech controller instead?
    Why did they create a hardware more powerfull than it's predecessor?

THE WII IS ABLE TO RUN EXCELLENT QUALITY GRAPHICS, THE PROBLEM IS THAT GAME COMPANIES THAT CREATE GAMES FOR THE WII AREN'T USING THIS.
    But why? Because they are lazy? Because they don't want to waste money to create better games?

I don't care about the answer, but we could get games with grphics similar to those found on the X360 but with the benefits of the Wii (the remote control for example).

Everyone, just stop posting in this thread and replying to Acrof, okay? He's a tard without learning capabilitys, and he will never figure out that the graphics he's whining about are hardly noticed.

Cookies and [partybox] for whoever actuallly ignore him and his thread from here on.
    Wow.
    That's a good strategy!
    Trying to make people stop to post in this thread so that I wouldn't be able to post here because it would be a double post, and this thread would die and anyone would be able to post in it anymore after some time.
    Remeber me to do the same with your threads.:badsmile:

Last edited:

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008

Your are just forgeting about one thing: FFVII IS A 11 YEARS OLD GAME!
    and don´t forget that it was released in a 32 bits system wich has blocky graphics in every game.

If you wanted to compare games, you should compare PBR with FFX-2(because they would be from the same generation)
    wich was released in a inferior system (graphically speaking), but still have better graphics than PBR.

NES graphics were good in the 8 bits era.
    SNES graphics were good in the 16 bits era.
    NINTENDO 64 graphics were good in the 32/64 bits era.
    XBOX graphics were good in the 128 bits era.

The problem now is that Wii's competitors skipped the 256 bits era, and now are in the 512 bits era, while the Wii is still in the 256 bits era.
    Not only that, a lot of Wii games are being released with NINTENDO 64 GRAPHICS because they are supposing that originality is everything in video-games, and it's not, it may be important but it's not everything.
    THE SIMS, NIGHTS, and PBR (with the blocky models) are good examples of games released to Wii with this "little" problem.

And since when FFX-2 characters were real? Or HALO characters?

Jesus...
    Once again:
    The entire model is the same from stadium series, not only for my arcanne and my typhlosion, but a lot of them are like this.
    (Slowbro, Pidgeot, Exeggutor, Blyssey, Ledian, for example, are the same found on Stadium, check by yourself)

They are only acceptable in retro gaming.

*SD card slot

THE WII IS ABLE TO RUN EXCELLENT QUALITY GRAPHICS, THE PROBLEM IS THAT GAME COMPANIES THAT CREATE GAMES FOR THE WII AREN'T USING THIS.
    But why? Because they are lazy? Because they don't want to waste money to create better games?

I don't care about the answer, but we could get games with grphics similar to those found on the X360 but with the benefits of the Wii (the remote control for example).

Wow.
    That's a good strategy!
    Trying to make people stop to post in this thread so that I wouldn't be able to post here because it would be a double post, and this thread would die and anyone would be able to post in it anymore after some time.
    Remeber me to do the same with your threads.:badsmile:

I'll alert the mods when you commit kamikaze in "poll: Where's Waldo".

And enjoy the game. I've already gotten to Stargazer Colosseum (Thanks to a buddy of mine who's just as good as I am) and throughout the game, I had so much fun, graphics were just a blur compared to fun gameplay.

Years
    the grachics aren't every thing you just want a reson to whine about i don't care if they used the old dratini from the old games i love dratini and dragonair and there grachics mean nothing you are just one of those ppl who whine bacuas a poke ball disapper in the player hand

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    You know what?
    I give up, I´m tired of trying to deffend my opinion.
    However my decision stills the same:
    PBR is just an unfinished game, with tons of not remodeled pokes.
    A featureless game, that could be better, but you are able to battle wi-fi very well with it, so I´ll try it someday.
    See you there, and make sure to battle me, so I can show my stadium like pokemon, and beat you, of course! ;)

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Then go back to Stadium, when the designs were "new," and pointless minigames flourished. :D

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Then go back to Stadium, when the designs were "new,"
    No thanks.
    I´ll buy PBR for that already!
    It´s so new and original that I must play it!
    Arf.. Give me a break.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007

NES graphics were good in the 8 bits era.Except the Sega Genesis came out while the NES was out, and when people compared the two, lol NES had bad graphics
    SNES graphics were good in the 16 bits era.But Sega Saturn was out when the SNES was out, and it had better graphics
    NINTENDO 64 graphics were good in the 32/64 bits era.But the playstation 1 achieved better graphics because it used discs instead of cartridges, because cartridges have very limited sizes.
    XBOX graphics were good in the 128 bits era.Yes, Xbox had the best graphics of it's time, but it still lost out to an underpowered system, the ps2.
    The moral is, is that it's not the power of the system but the quality of the games, look at the gameboy versus the game gear. The gameboy had less power than an NES and the Gamegear was as powerful as the Sega Genesis (almost as big too), but the Gameboy won.

*SD card slot

What you fail to realize is that the statement they're making, that the Wii is not about graphics, is meaning that the Wii is not about being a graphical power house. Not that it isn't interested in graphics at all. The whole idea behind the Wii is that it's supposed to be non-threatening. It's not supposed to be a system that will kill you by it's name alone. It doesn't have all that machismo bullshit that other companies like Microsoft pour into their system like like syrup on pancakes. Not only that, but Nintendo actually wanted to turn a profit on their system. So they used older technology (in graphics chip and processor) because it not only would help them turn a profit, but it would help them sell the system for cheaper and it would fit their model.

twenty five bonus characters.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    NES graphics were good in the 8 bits era.Except the Sega Genesis came out while the NES was out, and when people compared the two, lol NES had bad graphicsWhen the Genesis was released they jumped from the 8 bits era, to the 16 bits era.
    SNES graphics were good in the 16 bits era.But Sega Saturn was out when the SNES was out, and it had better graphicsWhen Sega Saturn was released it was already the 32 bits generation, cause 3DO came first
    NINTENDO 64 graphics were good in the 32/64 bits era.But the playstation 1 achieved better graphics because it used discs instead of cartridges, because cartridges have very limited sizes.
    That I must say it´s false, PSONE graphics were only better than N64´s in the video CGs (wich N64 coudn´t handle in it´s cartridge)
    XBOX graphics were good in the 128 bits era.Yes, Xbox had the best graphics of it's time, but it still lost out to an underpowered system, the ps2.Only in the number of sold systems
    The moral is, is that it's not the power of the system but the quality of the games, look at the gameboy versus the game gear. The gameboy had less power than an NES and the Gamegear was as powerful as the Sega Genesis (almost as big too)(It´s true !!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:), but the Gameboy won.
    Curious no?
    Sometimes I think that something went wrong for Sega, 3DO, etc, because they made amazing games and systems, but they ended in a massive failure, most of the times because of stupid details (like GameGear´s high battery consuption, or 3DO F1 system being more expensive than a PS3 back that time)
    And now 3DO don´t exist anymore, Sega only produce software, etc.......

Last edited:

usami

biohazard
    Years
    RileySox, as it clearly states in the rules, you are not supposed to use that word in an offensive manner, therefore I'm giving you a warning. DO NOT, make a post like that again.

mudkib and acrof, please do not quote posts that break the rules, and also mudkib, do not post just to say you're reporting someone, just report them, thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back