• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad or Good memory?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    So, do you have a bad or good memory? Do you forget things all the time, or do you remember everything you do? As for me, I have a bad memory when I put something somewhere and forget where I put it. I also forget if I did something, like when I posted a thread here once.

Years
    Baaaaad memory, really really bad memory...haha..yeah. ^^;
    I can't seem to help it, but luckily it doesn't affect my grades, just other stuff. >.<'

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    Hmm... It varies. Some bad memories are so bad I'm semi-traumatized for awhile, usually causing me to remember them for quite a bit. Some memories are good (and some are just random), and I remember them for a looooooong time.

And I forget important things most of the time (except things we learn in school, sometimes...), and I usually remember unimportant things (like how to beat a video game completely after not playing it for years, that sort of thing). I'm a strange person, really.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    My short-term memory can be rather lacking sometimes, like when I'll set something down and almost immediately forget where I set it, or when I'm talking about something and then forget the point I was trying to make or the reason I was talking about it in the first place. I'm also terrible with names/faces. Sometimes people wave to me or say hi, and I'm thinking "Wait, do I know that person?" or sometimes I'll mistake someone for someone else.

My long-term memory is very good, though. I remember things much longer than people are generally expected to, and don't forget things between quarters at school, or when I was younger, over the summer vacation. One thing that drove me nuts as a kid and still does today in college is that apparently the only way other people remember things in school is if they're repeated eight zillion times, and having a memory like mine, where usually all I need is to hear something once, it gets really old really fast, especially in higher-up classes where instructors seem to ignore that there was a prerequisite for the class for a reason, so that they wouldn't need to waste time with the stuff people should supposedly have been taught already.

Ack, I went off on a tangent. Well anyway, my memory can either be really good or really bad depending upon the situation or what is to be remembered, I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My short-term memory can be rather lacking sometimes, like when I'll set something down and almost immediately forget where I set it, or when I'm talking about something and then forget the point I was trying to make or the reason I was talking about it in the first place. I'm also terrible with names/faces. Sometimes people wave to me or say hi, and I'm thinking "Wait, do I know that person?" or sometimes I'll mistake someone for someone else.

My long-term memory is very good, though. I remember things much longer than people are generally expected to, and don't forget things between quarters at school, or when I was younger, over the summer vacation. One thing that drove me nuts as a kid and still does today in college is that apparently the only way other people remember things in school is if they're repeated eight zillion times, and having a memory like mine, where usually all I need is to hear something once, it gets really old really fast, especially in higher-up classes where instructors seem to ignore that there was a prerequisite for the class for a reason, so that they wouldn't need to waste time with the stuff people should supposedly have been taught already.

Ack, I went off on a tangent. Well anyway, my memory can either be really good or really bad depending upon the situation or what is to be remembered, I guess.

This is exactly how my memory is. When it comes to things that happened rather recently, I find it difficult to remember unless I found it important. But when it comes to things that happened months ago, I remember them pretty clearly regardless of their importance.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    My short term memory is terrible. I can literally take three steps and completely forget something someone told me. However, if it gets into my long term memory, I never, EVER forget.

Arukas

ラドクリフ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    I have more of a long-term memory, i can remember stuff from when i was like 4 years old but i can hardly remember what i even did last week lol

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Oh, wow. . Err. . XD Uhm, do you really wanna know? XDD My memory is awful, be it long or short-term. Shoot, I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast this morning. XP Mostly, my memory tortures me this way:

I'll wake up in the middle of the night and be thirsty. When I go downstairs to get something to drink, I completely forget what I went down stairs for. So I go back upstairs, lay in my bed, and then remember what I wanted. XDD​

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It's not as bad as some, but it's not the best either.

I might remember sometimes, but that might take a while.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have a good memory when i comes to things that I actually care or have cared about.

The Red Chain

I can hardly remember anything from a few hours ago.. >_>;

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    if it involes anything with food or vacations then yes i have a awesome memory.
    but other than that nope. its terrible. i forget a lot of stuff sometimes...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My memory is so good, I can remember -1 digits of Pi.

I've remembered 60 once, but that died after my coffee cut.

In general, my memory sucks. :P

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    trust me not many have a memory like mine. i literally forget what i am talking about in mid conversation. thats why it takes me a while to reply to threads. why at this point in the reply, its already taken 30 min to write this much. and i have had to reread this thing 10 times now. and see i am trailing off again.
    But as for long term memory, i can remember things as far back as 2. maybe 1. problem is, my mom was, is, and always will be a smoker/drinker (and i mean smoke smoke). i actually remember more of my childhood than she does. so a bad memory kind of runs in my family.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    i have really odd memory. I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday but I can remember that years ago some guy told me he was allergic to vinegar.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I remember nearly everything, which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what I'm remembering. XD

This is mostly apparent when talking with friends. I can just as easily point out something that happened ten years ago as I can with something that happened earlier that day. And most of the time with the former, I seem to be the only one who remembers. o.o

For example, an online friend was telling me that I did not know her name. I then proceeded to tell her what it was, explaining that she had told me two years earlier. XD

Back