• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bands you cant stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm just not a fan of political bands, they just don't interest me. That includes Rage Against the Machine and the new style of Linkin Park.
    I dislike most classic rock. Nirvana, AC/DC, most of them. I love Guns 'N Roses and Queen. But the others... they just don't interest me much.

P.S.: I used to like Green Day, but now, I can't stand them. They've gotten way too political with their music and it's all over-hyped.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm surprised nobody has thrown Green Day out there. I absolutely can NOT stand their music. It's one of those bands, like FOB and P!AtD, that gets way too much hype that I can't really see.

Green Day is the only band I can think of that I truly hate. I tend to like one or two songs of most bands I hear, so saying I hate them doesn't quite work.

And to think I respected you. Just kidden' XD

I can't stand McFly - just can't.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    There are, surprisingly, no bands that annoy me to the point of hatred.

I never pay attention to bands themselves anyway, I just abuse LimeWire. xD

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
  • This thread seems like a bad idea, it will just explode into a giant flame war soon.

That being said, I second Dragonforce (although I guess I can STAND them).

Nickelback, Good Charlotte, 50 Cent, and anything my girlfriend likes hahaha.

this thred wont break war people can change that and can people please stay on topic or my first big thread will get locked.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Green Day being brought up :) I remember when I was in 4th Grade when I "liked" them because they were quite popular. I like one song of theirs, and I haven't heard it in ages, so they kind of fall in the same boat as the Rolling Stones for me. Only I like the Stones better.

Nicholback ;) I believe I forgot that one. It's the only band I honestly don't even know why I hate, I just do. Their songs all song a little too similar for my liking and not too much value IMO.

then again, it's probably my bias against anything modern that is eating me up, but I still stand by my thoughts.

Cheez

Infinity©
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2021
    Any mainstream rap/hip-hop ex. Soulja Boy, T-Pain, Dem French-Friez Boyz, etc.

Green Day (They were awesome, but it all started going downhill when they made American Idiot)

The guys my parents like (Kenny Rogers >_>)

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • though she is not a band...and forgive me mods for posting this but...

I HATE BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is so effing great about her huh? NOTHING! all the stupid stuff she does is for friggin publicity!!! SHE'S AN IDIOT

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • though she is not a band...and forgive me mods for posting this but...

I HATE BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is so effing great about her huh? NOTHING! all the stupid stuff she does is for friggin publicity!!! SHE'S AN IDIOT

You're making fun of a mentally disordered girl. She has a bipolar disease, so the things she does have nothing to with her music (which is good in my opinion).

We all hate Hannah Montana because she just can't sing! Why kids like her is beyond my understanding... maybe because they like to scream sing they way she does? XD

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • And to think I respected you. Just kidden' XD

I can't stand McFly - just can't.

Speaking of McFly, weren't they that crappy band that did the crappy cover of the awesome song Don't Stop Me Now by Queen?

If you like that song, don't look up the cover, it'll hurt your heart.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Kids who like watching/listening to hannah montana are just blinded by the fact that she is rich and pretty and they think she is perfect at everything.
    And i don't wanna get banned be careful with that axe pikachu, but i said country not country rock.
    I listen Eagles of deathmetal all the time.
    And yes fob P!atd and green day are overrated(not overhyped but its basically the same thing)but i still listen to them. Except for panic!at the disco i heard their songs too often so i got sick of them.
    And its britneys fault(except for the bipolar thing)that she is in a mental hospital at the moment.And isn't bipolar disease caused by moms who drink/smoke during prgnancy or am i thinking of something else.DC you remind me of that chris crocker guy.You know"leave Britney ALONE!(starts crying)".But cloud strife is the coolest character.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Speaking of McFly, weren't they that crappy band that did the crappy cover of the awesome song Don't Stop Me Now by Queen?

If you like that song, don't look up the cover, it'll hurt your heart.

Don't Stop me Now was one of my favorite songs until I heard the McFly version...they killed that song so bad.

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
  • What bands can you not stand I cant stand SOAD for some reason post what bands you cant stand.

Aw, man. That's actually one of my favorite bands for the sheer absurdity of the lyrics until you dig into them for deeper meaning than "terra cotta pie"... also Serj's solo project is pretty sweet, I thought. *shrug*

Anyway. What can't I stand? Britney spears, pretty much all pop music that wasn't written by the singer. Also... post-american Idiot Green Day, Hannah Montana. And country. (Being from indiana, that might be self-explanatory. Hicks cause me contact embarrassment.) Aside from that, I respect all bands/musicians that write their own music and perform it for the love of music, because I know I'll never have the guts to do that.

Lil-Dill, please get your labels straight before you go calling names. Panic at the Disco is termed as being dance-punk/dance-rock, and not emo.

DarkChild? Yes, britney spears has a mental disorder. But her music sucked even before this was discovered.

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • FALL OUT BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! And similar pop punk nonsense. Because they can write a catchy chorus that people sing along to for ages, but kill it all with the simplicity of the actual music... and the vocals are generally horrendous. Stumpy (Patrick Stump) is one of a legion of singers who is famous despite a complete lack of singing ability. My Chemical Toilet are guilty of harbouring a poor singer, but carefully made up for this by filling most of their third album with inspired songwriting. Stumpy and the boys could learn from this, as could Panic! At The Disco (I AM PANICKING!!), Blink 182 and similar who sell a genre of music that masquerades under the name of rock and punk while slowly killing true rock. How these guys get airplay I'll never know.

Try bands like TNT, Harem Scarem, Gotthard, House of Lords, Journey... they'll give you a good chorus backed up with quality singers and musicians.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • DarkChild? Yes, britney spears has a mental disorder. But her music sucked even before this was discovered.

I'm not defending Britney's music. I know a lot of people hate it.
    I'm just saying making fun of her music is something and making fun of WHAT SHE DOES in her "personal" life is something else. This thread is about which "bands/singers" you hate, not the " who's personal life is messed up".

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Cloud Cult! I don't know if you've heard this band, but everyone loves them. With some band like, say, Sonic Youth, which just sounds like grungey noise to me, I can accept that I just don't, and have no desire to "get it".

But Cloud Cult's music is just BAD. It's amateurish and sloppy, the lyrics are bad, the melodies are disjointed and lame, and the singer CAN'T SING! AT ALL!

I like some pretty sloppy, amateurish-sounding music myself, but I can't stand the stupid Cloud Cult. It's made much worse, because everyone talks about how great they are and ignores me when I try and make them see the light, Cloud-Cult-sucks-wise.

Apparently they put on the best live show ever, but I've not seen it. And if they play their own material, I'm not so sure I would. Yeck.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • i hate soulja boy i mean RVERY BODY LOVES
    SOULJA BOY AT MY SCHOOL!!!!!!!!IT STINKS!

Yeah I'm in the same boat with Soulja Boy. Every single person I've asked to tell me meaningful lyrics in his "music" have failed to respond. Go figure.

I actually don't mind some hip-hop and whatnot but most of it is kinda junk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back