• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bands you cant stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I doubt you took a second to understand what Allstories wrote when you replied in that fashion.

That means that he dislikes average/mediocre/not-that-good bands that aren't really worthy of the outrageous number of followers they are supported by. Dragonforce and MCR are thoroughly fitting within such category together.

Nope actually, I understood it completely, and my comment still stands.

Dragonforce wasn't one of those bands for the longest time, from what I've noticed, up until they released TTFAF on GH3. Actually, most of the people I've talked to hadn't even heard of them up until that. Anyways, Herman Li is one of the fastest, and most consistant guitarists in modern day speed-Metal, so I'm not really sure why you mean by "not worthy of the outrageous number of followers that support them." Just because a specific genre of music might not appeal to you, doesn't mean they're not "worthy" of the people who appreciate them.

The point I was making is that, regaurdless of difference in style, Dragonforce and MCR still stand apart. I can see the point being made about MCR, seeing as they're pretty much marked as sellouts IMO, and lyrically they recieve more credit than they actually deserve, but bands like Dragonforce aren't noticed for their lyrical content, but more the overall style of music that stands behind that.

Regaurdless of what you think of the band personally, you can't deny that they are noticed *mostly* for Herman Li's amazingly fast guitar skills ._.

Years
    I really don't hate any genre. There are bands, however, which people like and I really don't see what the big deal is. Bands like Fall Out Boy, MCR and Dragonforce. I actually do listen to their music but unlike other people who think that every member is Jesus and that everything they make is godly I just don't see what the big deal is.
    Well, MCR and FaggotBoy (sp?) owe their number of fans essentially to fashion and a certain heartbreaker pseudo-guitarist, so don't worry-- People rarely even listen to their music. I don't like those either.

Anyways, Herman Li is one of the fastest, and most consistant guitarists in modern day speed-Metal, so I'm not really sure why you mean by[...]
    I don't know what the hell do you mean by consistant, unless you mean consistent-- if so, I disagree.

Yeah, Herman Li is really awesome, and as a fellow guitar player I admire him. He is not nearly the best guitar player in the world anyway, and likewise Dragonforce is not the best band in the world, which in turn does not deem the band worthy of their impressive number of followers. Dragonforce's followers are probably 50% formed of non-musicians/ignorant guitarists that believe agility is quality.

The point I was making is that, regaurdless of difference in style, Dragonforce and MCR still stand apart. I can see the point being made about MCR, seeing as they're pretty much marked as sellouts IMO, and lyrically they recieve more credit than they actually deserve, but bands like Dragonforce aren't noticed for their lyrical content, but more the overall style of music that stands behind that.
    You didn't make that point :/. At least your words didn't tell us so. You said that Dragonforce and MCR couln't be together in such category because of their stylistic ambiguities, while style was not even relevant within it. In fact, the whole comment quoted above this is irrelevant to my reply and to the topic at hand. So, instead of taking the risk of roaming offtopic here, I'll kindly ask you that if you wish to reply to me, please do so by PM.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I EFFING HATE HANNAH MONTANA.

Quoted for the truth! I can't stand her, including how fake her voice is....ARGH! HATE!

another would be the jonas brothers >_> my sister has turned my once "ok" opinion of them to I dont ever want to hear them again...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I've been waiting for this thread.

Now, I've hated music my entire life, every kind there ever was. Recently (as in about a year or two ago), I found my genre in Rock and Roll. But yuck,modern rock bands are so horribly "no" it isn't even funny (for the most part).

I don't get all the rage over Linkin Park. It might be my bias towards older bands which I like quite a bit more, like Led Zeppelin and Queen, but yuck. I found no value in Linkin Park and I'm really quite surprised people like them so much.

Fergie...I've never liked pop music, but Fergie took it to the level of unbearable for me. And what a good message to the little ones she's sending! Fergielicious? Glamorous? Is it just me...or is Fergie obsessed with herself?

My Chemical Romance...yuck. No mucial value I found in them at all. The fall under the Linkin Park category for me.

Hannah Montana...oh brother. I actually think she has talent, but wow are those songs worthless.

I've never liked Nirvana much, with the exception of Smells Like Teen Spirit and another song I don't even remember the name of.

Same way with the Rolling Stones, pretty much the only classic Rock band I don't like. Besides Paion it black, I just never really got the Rolling Stones.

I think I might have liked some of these bands had I not been exposed to raw talent like AC/DC, the Beatles, and Led Zeppelin before hearing the vastly overrated Linkin Park. It's a bit of a bias I'll admit, but I can't stand it when people go as far as saying Linkin Park is "The best ever" and anything that came out before the 90s "sucks," because I get a lot of that.

I also have a very weird and picky taste in music, as some Led Zep ot Beatles songs I absolutely despise. Maybe I've been hearing the wrong songs, I dunno. Either way, Linkin Park stands at the top, with Fergie and MCR in a close 2nd and 3rd.

EDIT: Oh, the Jonas Brothers! Talk about worthless...

Also, pretty much anything rap or pop in general. I don't mind hip-hop in some cases actually.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    For me, I highly dislike Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Nirvana (actually, most classic rock, sans Queen). See, I understand that classic rock was the basis for the modern rock I like today, but that doesn't mean I like it. I also highly dislike Fergie, Hannah Montana, pretty much all rappers (specifically 50 Cent, Eminem, Soulja Boy, and Snoop Dogg), Sean Kingston, Gwen Stefani (but I like No Doubt ^^), Jonas Brothers, any Disney Channel "celebrity" who thinks they can sing, Hilary Duff, Rage Against the Machine, and most metal bands. I'm on the fence with Avenged Sevenfold, and I really like MCR, actually.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I'm surprised nobody has thrown Green Day out there. I absolutely can NOT stand their music. It's one of those bands, like FOB and P!AtD, that gets way too much hype that I can't really see.

Green Day is the only band I can think of that I truly hate. I tend to like one or two songs of most bands I hear, so saying I hate them doesn't quite work. I don't touch country and hip hop music, however. Rock and punk are my princesses.

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    For me, I highly dislike Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Nirvana (actually, most classic rock, sans Queen). See, I understand that classic rock was the basis for the modern rock I like today, but that doesn't mean I like it. I also highly dislike Fergie, Hannah Montana, pretty much all rappers (specifically 50 Cent, Eminem, Soulja Boy, and Snoop Dogg), Sean Kingston, Gwen Stefani (but I like No Doubt ^^), Jonas Brothers, any Disney Channel "celebrity" who thinks they can sing, Hilary Duff, Rage Against the Machine, and most metal bands. I'm on the fence with Avenged Sevenfold, and I really like MCR, actually.

like seriosly rage against the machine is so wierd they say the microphone explode in a song like what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    [B said:
    akaxrai[/B] ]I'm not a big hop-hop/rap fan. I love rock music, and I'm afraid that I've gotten oftentimes way too narrow-minded when it comes to rap and hip-hop. XD I highly dislike Hannah Montana, however.

Neko-Chan said:

[B said:
    Tentacruel13[/b]]OMFG, I EFFING HATE HER TOO!
    I will edit and post some hannah montana "Bad Days" pics.

EDIT:Bands you cant stand

We all HATE Hannah Montana =]

Warheart said:
    MCR is...Creepy music for socially rejected emo kids ._.

*sigh*

I've said this 100 times, and recently got into a fight with some guy about that. MCR is a Alternative Rock band. Emo (or as they truely called it, Emo-Core), is basically dead as all we know. Today alternative rock is the new Emo-core.

[B said:
    akaxrai[/B] ]For me, I highly dislike Fall Out Boy, Nirvana.
    I cannot believe you hate those two bands. Nirvana's song, smells like teen spirit, was the best song of the 90's (according to VH1). They had 3 songs on that list of the top 100 songs, including two that were in the top 10. To me Nirvana was the best band of the 90's and will always be the best Emo-Core or possibly any band to come out of seattle.

ANYWAYZ, for me as long as its not boring or RAP or R&B (i absoulutely hate those two genres), i'm all good with music.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Let's see. I assume that you loathe and despise AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, or Rolling Stones. You lump the likes of 50 Cent and Soulja Boy in with the likes of Eminem, 2Pac, Common, Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, N.W.A, Public Enemy, Run-DMC, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, and Wu-Tang Clan. You don't like Rage Against the Machine. I assume that you also loathe and despise Metallica, Megadeth, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Korn, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, and their ilk. Long story short, there's no hope for you.

I'm surprised nobody has thrown Green Day out there. I absolutely can NOT stand their music. It's one of those bands, like FOB and P!AtD, that gets way too much hype that I can't really see.

Green Day is the only band I can think of that I truly hate. I tend to like one or two songs of most bands I hear, so saying I hate them doesn't quite work. I don't touch country and hip hop music, however. Rock and punk are my princesses.
    You're letting American Idiot dominate your sensibilities. Green Day was actually quite decent ten years ago, back in the days of Dookie and Nimrod.

Funny that you mention Panic! at the Disco. I find its music to be bland, its members repulsive. But then again, this is coming from someone who can actually stand Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and the rest of their ilk, so who am I to judge?

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years

YEA! Same here. She makes the crappiest music ever and only little girls like her. Shes only there for her young fans.

I cant also stand is PANIC! At the Disco.....they are emo and they make the crappiest music. I seriously think they should be set on fire or go 1 month without razer blades, something sharp, skipping ropes or dark places. I would like to see them make music then.

Years
    Jack O' Neill said:
    Let's see. I assume that you loathe and despise AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, or Rolling Stones. You lump the likes of 50 Cent and Soulja Boy in with the likes of Eminem, 2Pac, Common, Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, N.W.A, Public Enemy, Run-DMC, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, and Wu-Tang Clan. You don't like Rage Against the Machine. I assume that you also loathe and despise Metallica, Megadeth, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Korn, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, and their ilk. Long story short, there's no hope for you.
    Presumptuous assumptions like those are senselessly partial and your whole post is out of topic. Please only reply if you've got something directly relevant to add to the prompted argument.

The same goes for everyone else.

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    2 bands i hate are system of a down and disterbed for some reason. but i dont know why.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I hate Country Because the music is all about religion and square dancing.
    Well my hatred of rap has taken me far.
    I basically listen to some pop, mostly metal and rock,and a little of James Blunt.
    But i basically hate rap because they're just saying random words that rhyme which are usually about "pimps and ho's" and money/gold teeth.
    With the exeption of Beastie boys and Gorillaz i hate hip hop too.
    Maybe we should put A doll of Hannah Montana on a stake and burn it.
    My god you can even tell her voice is fake!
    I was flipping through channels when i saw her show and she couldn't even lip sync good.Not only that but i don't see why they put in fake laughing.No one would laugh at that country trash.
    And armageddon you don't like those bands because you don't like rock.
    Your like a goth at my school who doesn't listen to KORN.
    And only those stupid one toothed country hicks would say stuff like mettallica and Nirvana sucks.
    They are basically the most known metal bands and i wouldn't believe that you listen to any kind of rock because as i said before "only those stupid one toothed country hicks would say stuff like mettallica and Nirvana sucks."
    Country and rock are the exact opossite of each other.
    Country is all about religion while most rock, metal, etc. bands are Anti-christ.

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Basically, I could never really come around to liking Country, Rap/R&B, 'emo' (or apparently 'alternative-rock) and whatnot. Then again I don't follow them at all so I don't really know. I guess I also don't like pop either. xP

I used to like Green Day in the good ol' Days. Green Day and Nirvana were the two main bands I grew up listening too, then Metallica. I was big on those bands, then my brother introduced me tomore punk music, which then evolved into him showing me Mustard Plug (Ska band) and that evolving me into finding my own ska bands (both English and French Ska) and I've really enjoyed listening to Streelight Manifesto and Les Caméléons - if anyone likes ska I really suggest listening to those bands (even if you don't understand French, its still darn good music).

Years
    Country and rock are the exact opossite of each other.
    Country is all about religion while most rock, metal, etc. bands are Anti-christ.

No human mind can comprehend how much I disagree with you.

Ever heard of Eagles? Country-rock. That's all that's needed to be said.

Country is not all about religion. Rock or metal is not all about anti-christ. Those are facts and you shouldn't waste your time denying them as I won't waste mine elaborating on your silly reply.

Please start thinking before you post again and get on topic. This is about BANDS you dislike, not genres you dislike.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I'm starting to get annoyed more or less by Hannah Montana. I like her show and some of her songs but all of the madness she is getting is so pathetic. I mean sure, she's a great singer but she's just like all the rest and she gets too much publicity half the time.

I dont hate any bands actaully, I'll listen to anything as long as it has good lyrics and a nice beat to it, you know? XD

Cloud_85

Templar Patriarch
    Years
    Okay, um..to put Dragonforce and MCR in a list, followed by "etc." doesn't really give anyone a clear point as to which "etc." means; They're two entirely different bands covering different lyrical expression, as well as their performance and overall genre being..completely different. IE Draonforce is kick-ass speed-Metal, and MCR is...Creepy music for socially rejected emo kids ._.

(Also, once you've heard one Dragonforce song, you've..pretty much experienced everything of theirs; They're fast, but alot of their songs sound really similar. If you've heard "Through the Fire and Flames," you've pretty much heard the entire "Inhuman Rampage" CD xD)

THAT BEING SAID!! I hate MCR. Strongly. With a Burning passion.

..Oh, and also ICP, Kottonmouth kings..anything on "Psychopathic Records," and Avenged Sevenfold. ^_^

I agree with the 2 points, You can't make a comparison between DragonForce and MCR.
    And yes Through the Fire and Flames is awesome.

dylandutra

Cap'n Jazz
    Years
    This thread seems like a bad idea, it will just explode into a giant flame war soon.

That being said, I second Dragonforce (although I guess I can STAND them).

Nickelback, Good Charlotte, 50 Cent, and anything my girlfriend likes hahaha.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    Nickelback.
    Fall Out Boy.
    AFI.

Never mind with my list.

If it's modern rock and it's not Weedeater or a couple of other bands, I probably hate it.

Most of my favorite bands broke up years ago.

Here's a disclaimer, actually.

If it doesn't have the name Ozzy Osbourne, Merzbow, Buzz Osborne, Kevin Shields, or Bob Mould on or around it (let's give a safe distance of 3 feet or less), then it is probably not worth buying.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back