• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Banned :(

aki1

forget your fears
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Arcanine said:
    Well the Admins made a board (dont matter how small it is) so thay can do what ever thay want. Thay can ban a member for nothing, the members wont like it but the Admins made it so thay can do what ever thay like (even if its not right at all).

Well of course its their forum, but it just makes them look bad as a person. It shows they are selfish, only want to think what they want to and everyone else should agree. *Shrugs* But whatever. o_o

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    aki said:
    Well of course its their forum, but it just makes them look bad as a person. It shows they are selfish, only want to think what they want to and everyone else should agree. *Shrugs* But whatever. o_o
    Yeah, if the and was unreasonable, or even close to unreasonable, some negative opnions about the Admin will arise. Especially if it's better for the forum that the banned person is unbanned and free to post. :P

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Well, most forums ban people because they flamed, cursed, etc.

But some forums are buttholes and just ban people for no good reason, examples, cus they're racists, think they are so high and mighty, competition, etc. Those forums suck, avoid them and find forums that are nice and fair. Like PC ^^

I never got banned actually, either because I didn't post often or sumthing =P

*Dies*

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    An example is recently on Serebii...we were having a major spam problem so what we did was just banned people for a week for an offense starting Saturday and sent an e-mail informing them of why they were banned

Now SPAM is more or less gone...we made examples

Sorry if you were part of it but you did break the rules...just dont do it again ok?

If you cant actually log in then that is because you havent re-registered since we were forced to reset about a month ago

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    maybe there was some retarded glitch in the forum and it spewed you out...hmm, or an admin is being an idiot like the others said perhaps...ya never know

or DO you? Hmmmm...

BOO ya!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Serebii said:
    An example is recently on Serebii...we were having a major spam problem so what we did was just banned people for a week for an offense starting Saturday and sent an e-mail informing them of why they were banned

Now SPAM is more or less gone...we made examples

Sorry if you were part of it but you did break the rules...just dont do it again ok?

If you cant actually log in then that is because you havent re-registered since we were forced to reset about a month ago
    Well Serebii with all the rules, spam rules and banning rules on SPPF dont you think that will just encourage spamers to come and spam up SPPF?
    Its rare that PC gets any big spamers, maybe its over not all the rules (PC has rules but we dont say how many colors you can have in your sig or you cant have all caps). You could say SPPF is bigger but I have seen a lot of times there is more on PC then SPPF, so I dont know how far you could go with that. To me if a forum has a lot of rules its just asking some spamers to come and spam (thay are out looking for some fun and thay dont care if thay get banned, well thay are looking to get banned).

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    I dont wanna start a site war here

But from what I have seen of Pokecommunity...the only times you do get more people on is with loads of guests, who...no offense, are undoubtebly Search Bots whereas SPP has a almost always above 20 Member count...sometimes A LOT higher

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Yesterday we had about 40~50 members online, though SPP is sometimes better saturated during non-peak hours. =\ Personally, I?d be afraid of L_X too much to really post though.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Dont worry, LX wont do anything unless you break the rules

SPP usually has like 50-70 Members Peak, 20-50 non peak

And the same with guests usually

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Maybe we don't get all the members you guys do, but that's since we aren't a well known site like Serebii.net.Just give us time, we will get there soon enough

Back