• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Batting Professor Sycamore

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Professor Augustine Sycamore is the Kalos Professor. He will, instead of giving you a Kalos starter gives you a Kanto one, and he will challenge you to a Pokémon battle. He is the first professor who you are able to actually battle without exploits and glitches.

That being said, which Kanto starter did you pick, and what did you think of Professor Sycamore and being able to battle him?

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I appreciated that he could be battled since we had never had a chance to battle previous professors, so it was a nice addition. I chose Hitokage/Charmander as my prize Starter after the battle.

Years
  • i absolutely detested the idea that pokemon professors are people who stuff themselves in a crummy old office all day and do research. like... i always thought that battling should at the very least be part of that research? and like... i would think that battling other trainers would expand their own perception and worldview and whatnot but nooo apparently that isn't a thing pre-gen 6, so...

anyway yeah i thought the sycamore battle was fun. i chose bulbasaur because it's my fav kanto starter (and in general one of my fav pokemon).

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I feel like because Sycamore and Kukui are younger (and the latter is a hothead), it makes sense that they'd be trainers and enjoy battles. I have played through X several times so I've picked all the starters.
    I'm okay with Oak having a past as a trainer but having retired so to speak and professor Elm is a chill dude who doesnt do much in the story. Professor birch is comically unable to fend for himself so it makes sense that he doesn't battle lol. Juniper and the gen 4 one are more unremarkable so I don't think about them much lol

Back