• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle of the Fire/Fighters!!

Which Fire/Fighting Pokemon is your favorite?

• Blaziken

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Infernape

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Emboar

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Infernape can easily conquer any blaziken if he's used smartly. Especially since 90% of blaziken users open with protect so speed boost kicks in, giving infernape time to use buffing moves. Emboar, meanwhile, is one of the few fire type pokemon I actively hate.
    Also Monkeys > Chickens

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I actually never really liked Blaziken all that much when I was younger. I'm starting to appreciate it a little more now. But still, Infernape's design appeals more to me. Apes are awesome and as far as final evolutions go, he's not too bad! Emboar's design is pretty weak, in my opinion. Also, as others have mentioned already, I'll probably always secretly be bitter that we were given a third Fire/Fighting-type.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
    Infernape. Great design, the starter I chose in my first runthrough of any Pokemon game, great movepool, great stats, etc etc etc. I like Blaziken, but Infernape outshines it and I don't care for Emboar at all.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Unpopular opinion I would think, but I'm not a fan of Infernape. It was my least favourite starter in DPPt, and it seemed really overused as well which I wasn't a big fan of at the time. My favourite would probably be Blaziken; the Torchic line is pretty cool in general and served me well in Ruby, and Blaziken has a nice design as well. I like Emboar overall as well, though I was pretty disappointed when it turned out to be part-Fighting rather than part-Dark, like I was hoping.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    So much hate for the bacon brawler.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Inferape because it's the only one that doesn't have a completely terrible design.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Easily Blaziken for me.

Infernape is my least favourite starter, just never warmed to it at all.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Oh Blaziken, without question. In fact I'd go as far as to say Blaziken is the coolest Pokemon design ever. He's like a fire bird Goku! And he has the distinction of being the only starter Pokemon to be banned to Ubers on Smogon. And goodness me, don't even get me started on Mega Blaziken :D

Years
    I don't like any of them too much. xD;;;; But if I absolutely had to answer then probably Infernape solely for how useful it was in the games for me. I highly preferred Chimchar in his first stage but Infernape grew on me after finally trying him out.

Blaziken is neat in its mega form and Emboar.. well, I never saw the appeal in him, especially the low speed stat.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    I like Infernape best, because it's adaptable, balanced, and faster. Or it may just be bias as I prefer Sinnoh to Hoenn and Unova.

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Definitely Emboar without question. Pigs are awesome and fierce in real life! I don't have a problem with it being the third fire/fighting starter in a row; it's not like I've hated other Pokemon for sharing the same typing, so I can't really hold it against him. Besides, when you think about the animal it's based off of, the fighting type makes sense. And have I mentioned pigs are awesome? Because they are.

Monkey Pokemon just don't do it for me, and and Blaziken is alright.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Blaziken because it's an overall cool hot Pokemon. :d It's strong and has a cool design as well. Design-wise though, I prefer Combusken.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Definitely Blaziken. I really loved the in-game power bashes Blaziken produced with both Flamethrower and Sky Uppercut, and it was nice to see somebody not bad in using both attack and special attack. But with the introduction of Speed Boost... well, you may see now how Blaziken becomes a deadly Pokémon, or a Baton Passer armed with Swords Dance. Perhaps the Speed Boost boost could have been avoided for fair play.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Blaziken is already a fan favourite. He's also my favourite. :D

I mean, the original Fire/Fighting type Pokemon, an Ubers Pokemon, and the only one out of the 3 to have a Mega Evolution, which is just amazing. I mean, those flaming hands. Speed Boost is a great ability, too. I mean, now Blaziken can do what it does best even better, which is hit enemies hard. Now, with its speed upped, it can do that a lot easier. :)

Also, KFC.

Back