• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • That's Smogon. They are ALWAYS having UU suspects. Like Cress and Porygon-Z right now.

It's not that they were just chosen as suspects, it's because their usage dropped them down into the UU metagame. Obvioiusly, they were chosen as suspects, but that's for legitimate reasons (Cresselia's defenses? Lol, the UU metagame just go way better defensively, yay more stall! P-Z? Seeing as it can walk through Chansey after a NP with Tri Attack, yeah...)

Detox

Hey sup, ima thunder wave you while you nasty plot in my face. Oh look its my good friend Scarf hitmonlee, say Hi

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Yeah, but even with just the 1 Nasty Plot, it's not a safe switch into Hitmon. I'm not theorymoning, just saying, you can't switch out of Chansey unless you go to Hitmon first. :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    Gyarados - Competitive Play

I had a question, is a gyarados a good pokemon for competitive play?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2011
    hey kids ima sound liek a complete and total nOOb but can you tell me the pokecommunity shoddy info? plz and thanks

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Depends on what tier you're playing.

Blissey is tops on OU.

There's Cresselia, Chansey, Venasaur, Mantine, Hypno, Regice....

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Well, me, Piplup-Trainer, and Painter are trying to keep the MMS and H&S Leagues alive. You can help us by challenging or filling an empty leader/E4 slot.

As for gaining new challengers, it will be tough.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Here's my suggestions for improving battle stadium.

1. We need you good battlers to get yourself out there on youtube, especially in the big tournaments. The more pokecommunity reps the better. There's several big tournaments going on right now. That could be a start. You see Killernacho, wilechase, etc advertising their boards.

2. Leagues..need to be focused on quality not quanity. Too many leagues were being allowed and they did hurt the more established leagues. I would suggest allowing H+S and Piplup's league to be the only two leagues allowed for now. H+S can really use some established battlers as gym/elites.

3. More cooperation between mods and people that battle around here. More brainstorming for ideas, etc.

4. Clans(might open up a can of worms here) I'd suggest a trial for clan formations so they can battle one another in tourneys, etc.

I'm throwing out stuff here. I'd love to see this place buzzing again. If you got better ideas or suggestions lets hear them. Its up to us to turn this place around.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • We have a kind of recession in battle here.
    I think that it will return to normal when HGSS english version will come out.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • crimson's got some good ideas. I think we should all put our heads together and come up with a gameplan to give the staff. I was considering a major tourney with prizes, but I'm questioning if it would work.

Any surge HGSS brings will be Chock Full O' Noobs

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • crimson's got some good ideas. I think we should all put our heads together and come up with a gameplan to give the staff. I was considering a major tourney with prizes, but I'm questioning if it would work.

Any surge HGSS brings will be Chock Full O' Noobs

Yeah, a lot of noob.
    But, some or many will try to learn how to do competitive battle and it will revive.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Neat suggestions, people. 2 or 3 leagues is what we need, each with different rules from each other, so that people find it interesting. And also, one thing that could help is a Mod that actually battles frequently and separate from DPPt. Horizon is quite good and would be perfect, but college is taking really most of his time.

I miss the old days whem this place was booming with activity... :(

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • hey kids ima sound liek a complete and total nOOb but can you tell me the pokecommunity shoddy info? plz and thanks

The Pokecommunity Shoddy Server is on the list of servers from the Shoddy start window. No info needed anymore. Usually at least 3 people are on at a time, so it's usually there without having to scroll and look for it.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
  • I just do not get why people left the battle stadium. This is like an economic depression. The battle stadium had great activity for a while, but now i see 2 or 3 on per day.

Back