• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
  • We get more people from around the community who might be interested in battling. The closest place to start would probably be the trade corner.

Also, somebody might have said this but hg\ss's release will bring people in. They will suck at battling, though.

Last edited:

Detox

We get more people from around the community who might be interested in battling.

Cept, if they were interested would they not already be here :/

The closest place to start would probably be the trade corner.

No Comment :/

Also, somebody might have said this but hg\ss's release will bring people in. They will suck at battling, though.

Yeas Because a new Metagame to adapt to (even if it is only slight changes like movests, egg moves etc.) will be so easy

Comments in bold.

IMO just do what S&M did and wipe everything add thread approval and start clean.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Battle Stadium should start making Shoddy leagues. Everybody knows that Shoddy is better than Wi-fi. Quicker battling, no hacks, and much more.

Detox

1. Leagues suck and only like 2 of them are active so ban those

2. Wipe EVERYTHING and start clean

3. Thread approval kthx (not mod approval, S&M type approval)

4. More tournaments k, those are nice

5. No dumb rules i.e. IUMMA BAN MENCE CUS IT BEETS MAH TEEM

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I seriously thought that Stadium was on thread approval. PM approval is rudimentary. Give me fresh food, please (okay, I believe this change is in the works~) :9

I didn't know Shoddy was banned here - who decided that, olol? The only downside of Shoddy would be Java issues or hax issues, lawl. However, in addition to the mentioned advantages, anyone could easily monitor the outcome of the battle (so no more lying about results, if that even is a problem, etc).

Wiiiiiipe, no, maybe... Left to rot, ekeke.

Dumb rules are fun though. D8

Detox

Yes because "You cant use a combo of Metagross and Scizor" is ultra fun happy time.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Shoddy isn't banned, although it might as well be with the lack of people who use it. I'm merely stating that fact, and if people want to continue battling, they're going to have to adapt to what's the most reliable way to get/report battles. Shoddy >> Wifi in many ways, and I believe that Shoddy 2 is adding in Double Battle and Animations, so those can't necessarily be used as an argument.

Anyway. A wipe is what I was trying to go for earlier. :( It would help. Thread approval as in, "Your post will appear once it has been approved by a staff member." as opposed to PM-ing a mod and asking. There really aren't that many threads being created, so this shouldn't be a problem.

People need to make a single league. *cough*Motisma*cough*

Detox

Yes and you dont ask to apply we come to you IF we want you.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
  • Okay heres a plan

1. Leagues suck and only like 2 of them are active so ban those

2. Wipe EVERYTHING and start clean

3. Thread approval kthx (not mod approval, S&M type approval)

4. More tournaments k, those are nice

5. No dumb rules i.e. IUMMA BAN MENCE CUS IT BEETS MAH TEEM
    sounds good. Also, allow shoddy in quick battle thread.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Rules about Shoddy announcement have been clarified for ya'll. Perhaps the link shall draw more interest to Shoddy.. God forbid any threads such as, "help me download dis," from popping up, ahah. :O

If I can download Shoddy, anyone can, because I am a tech noob, ekeke.

Lol suggest tourneys? @_@

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • Don't we want that to be restored?

Absolutely. We need to bring back not just changes in rules here but atmosphere. Back then we had 1 or 2 successful leagues going on at the same time in competition with each other, than people just lost interest. We need to find a way to bring back the fun in battling. From what I see it's too bogged down in rules here.

Also, even if it was just me i had several rivals at the same time I would battle on almost a daily basis. We need that too.

Now that I think about it, i do have a "championship" idea. So far we've only had ideas based on 8 gym leaders, elite 4 and a champ, and occasionally a battle frontier. What if we take a wrestling standpoint? A world champ, a regional champ, maybe a lower championship (depending on numbers) and a double battle set of championships?

We could have a tournament to decide the initial championships. 1st place gets the World Title, Second gets the Secondary championship, and a separate tournament for the double battles.

We can run it ourselves. We would need someone to track who the current champs are, someone to track standings, and someone for booking matches. No pre-set finishes though. You would just have to prove yourself to get a title shot.

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Not really, back then there were only a couple clans that actually did anything. Seeing as those are banned, there's no way to compare activity. And back then, there were much less noobs in the game. No offense to anyone, but back then we would actually have weekly clan events and such.

A couple examples:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=97909 (Akuchiki Byakuya = My old account btw)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123831 (And as you can see here, we even attempted to educate the new members with proper clauses, instead of filling their heads with crap, which is another thing that kept it active)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132275 (And yet again, you can see that still yet we were attempting to teach members how to play correctly, instead of using stupid rules.)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122417 (And as you can see from this thread, everyone used to agree with standard rules. There was never a problem with the Battle Stadium back then because people didn't create one. All these new rules are what's ruining everything. Seriously... :/)

So yeah, basically, the answer to everyone's problems is:

1. Don't make leagues with stupid rules to try and spice up gameplay. The game is best left as is.
    2. Educate new members with proper information, don't tell them Cresselia is OU when it clearly isn't.
    3. Don't just chat in threads that you actually make. It's such a turn off. Keep regular events going on, they keep up interest in the game more than stupid rules do.

It was successful before, and didn't fail until new members with new stupid rules *coughhg/sscough* came along. I've been doing this for a long time (As well as Aero, and even Alakazam17 [You know, the one that still to this day keeps the PC Tourney up to date] and ABYAY as you can tell from the threads posted above)

So if you don't take a hint from that, I don't suppose you ever will, and I believe that's about the end of me trying to show you guys what should really go on. Also, just realized, lol, Uman just came back, and I'm sure he remembers how nice it used to be to find standard rules everywhere, and easy access to information. We kept events going to spice up the game, such as special tourneys, while only changing the rules for something like a dumb movesets event or something.

I really hope everyone takes the time to read that.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • I personally like Ooka's idea better, but that's mainly because I'm not a fan of the "LETZ GET RID OF EVERYTHING COZ DEY ALL SUX" approach. Also, if we expect to get newer battlers, Shoddy is not the way to go. Probably at least 85% of new battlers wouldn't even know what Shoddy is, much less how to use it. For hacked stuff, it's generally obvious when someone is hacking. Ban them from the League. It's that simple. And if you're really so desperate to see the match to confirm who won, honestly, just use the video section in the Wi-Fi Terminal, as that is why it's there.

stavross

I WANNA RAPE YOU WITH MY STICK
    Years
  • ok simple as that.. pokeladder has ONLY one league with huge activity. why that? because the leaders have prove thereselves to be the best on that site.. so i suggest make that league here too...
    how to choose the leaders and the elite 4?
    well thats simple.. for the leaders we can make a tourney for each gym(E.g. tourney for the uber tier gym -uber tournament)
    for the e4 spots. we can just make an OU tourney and the 4 members who pass to semimfinals can be the e4. thats my suggestion to keep the forum alive

by the way.. recover clans is a good idea too

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
  • by the way.. recover clans is a good idea too
    What the hell? Do you know why we do not have clans? (i havent been here long enough to see them, but i read ooka's examples.)
    Clans never did challenge each other very often. They were just a bunch of talk threads, with no actual battling. Leagues are do not really have very many differences, except they never challenge each other, and you have to be a certain type to get in. Yes, leagues are a bad idea for the current status of the battle stadium. Leagues thrive on challengers. Most people in leagues make complicated rules, and have mix tier battles. If we get new battlers, do you think they would want complicated rules like that? I say we should have a compromise, leagues should be banned until we get more battlers.

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • Ooka's right. We all used to have the rules clearly posted somewhere. I remember when i first showed up someone gave me a link to the rules, and if i did not understand somthing i would ask and someone would show me what it ment. And you can change the rules if you want per battle, but dont make your own set of rules, it just makes things difficult.

Ooka does that bring back memories

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Yeah, I really wish it would have stayed nice around here. Just sucks that the battlers like Ichida, Richard, Lumine, Lady Nicole, Aragorn, etc. left. They really made this place interesting. Now it's kind of full of noobs, lol.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • dr4g0n12, no offense, but banning leagues until we get more challengers is stupid. Leagues need to get their act together. Banning them leaves NOTHING in the battle stadium except personal battle threads that are rarely challenged.

Back