• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battling with Legendary Pokemon?

Prince_McCovey_Pika

Prince of Panada
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    What do you think of it? Do you think you should be able to use a legendary on your team?

My friends and I battle each other a lot, and I normally get critisized for using certain pokemon on my team (eg. Manaphy, Victini, etc) just because they are legendary. What makes it wrong to use say a Manaphy in a completely random team?

Do you use legends on your team? Or do you think that they're unfair to use? My opinion, they still faint so what's the big deal besides stats, you've got just as good a shot to knock out a Zekrom as you do your Garchomp, Gyarados, Dragonite, etc.

I'm talking non-competitive battling by the way if anyones curious.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2011
    I don't like to use Legendary, but after ash got defeated by ( I don't rememberer his name) in the champion league by Latios and Darkrai ( I feel like using legendaries)

I just think is cool and fair (In games Legendary are really not as strong as in the show)

also tell your friends to shut up and train his **** team !!!!!!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I personally don't use them. Not because they're overpowered or anything but because I'd muc hrather use pokemon that I've been training since the start of the game.

BTW, iirc Manaphy and Victini are not UBER, just legendary. Moltres and Entei are legendary but are stuck in NU forever it seems. XD

Prince_McCovey_Pika

Prince of Panada
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    I personally don't use them. Not because they're overpowered or anything but because I'd muc hrather use pokemon that I've been training since the start of the game.

BTW, iirc Manaphy and Victini are not UBER, just legendary. Moltres and Entei are legendary but are stuck in NU forever it seems. XD

I didn't know that Manaphy and Victini weren't UBER, that's good to know

Years
  • No way. I always imagine that Roar of Time destroys our perception of Time, same with Spacial Rend and Space.

Besides, Legendaries are pretty cheap to me, and I haven't the patience to get good natures for them, and since I can't breed them either...yeah no thanks, collectibles.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I Don't Use Legendaries All I do is Catch Them and Them Trade Them to some guy who's willing to take them or brag about it to my friends... Legendaries are overkills to me

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • There are two tiers of legendaries as far as I'm concerned. The kind that are banned in things like pokemon contests and the kind that are not.

I don't use the ones that are banned. Yet, ones that aren't I don't even think of as legendaries really. Ex, The legendary birds/dogs/horses.

There are two tiers of legendaries as far as I'm concerned. The kind that are banned in things like pokemon contests and the kind that are not.

I don't use the ones that are banned. Yet, ones that aren't I don't even think of as legendaries really. Ex, The legendary birds/dogs/horses.

Last edited:

Prince_McCovey_Pika

Prince of Panada
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    Yep. And just as there are non-uber legendaries, there are non-legendary ubers as well. (Garchomp, Salamence, and Wobbuffet)

Yeah, I've heard about the non-legendary UBERS. I've actually told my friends about their Garchomps and Dragonites being unable to be used in competitive play

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I never use a legendary on my main team in any game, once I've beaten the Elite four however I usually use a legendary.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2011
    I love legendary, but I don't use them (Maybe once my non-legendary is finish) I will train legends.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • I never use Legendary Pokemon on any of my teams.
    I think its kinda like cheating, I mean, you tackle the Elite 4 with your version Legendary, your gonna win, but if you take the time and train your "normal" pokemon, it makes the victory all the better.

Genetics

......................... .
    Years
  • If I feel like using a legendary i'll use them like I think tornadus and thundurus are really cool so i'll use them but I'm not a fan of things like groudon or dialga so I would never use them. To me its all about whats fun I don't care if somethings legendary or not I use whatever pokemon I like best.

Years
  • I don't like using legendary pokemon on my team because I feel like they're kinda cheap. Yes, there are non-legendary pokemon that are just as strong, but usually you have to raise them to be that way. I'd rather catch a pokemon and then train it to be strong than catch a legendary pokemon that's already super-powered.

When I catch legendaries I put them in a PC box and never use them on my team, whether it is for competitive battling or just in-game stuff. To me they are more like trophies/collectibles. I also don't like using them for in-game battles because they are almost never the right nature (not patient enough :P) and I'm veryyyy OCD when it comes to EV training.

If you use legendaries on your team, that's fine. It's your choice and you are entitled to it without criticism. I'll still battle you though and do my best to kick your legendary butt! ^^

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I've never once used a legendary in my team - I don't find it realistic (lol at realistic when I'm playing pokemon, but you know) as I wouldn't catch a legendary if I actually was a Pokemon trainer. I find it a lot more satisfying to play non-legendaries, and I'll be honest that I get a bit of a chip on my shoulder when I'm battling someone who does have one on their team.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I don't use the poweful legendaries like Lugia and Reshiram because I find them cheap. :l Plus, they're pretty useless because they can't be used in the Battle Frontier/Battle Subway, features I like to try out with my final team. I have used a Suicune in my Pokemon Soul Silver team, but the again, it's not classed as an uber. :)

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I used Victini in my run through of Black. I only used Reshiram to Have a DRAGON V DRAGON BATTLE with N, And to let Ghetesis know the truth! Yeah Uber legends are cheap in non competitive or when playing through the game.

Years
  • The only legendary that was in my team was Ho-oh in Heartgold because it's one of my faves. After about a week though I swapped it for a Dusknoir :3

-Totodile42

Back