• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bay's Alolan Diary

Bay

Years
  • Bay's Alolan Travel Diary
    Night One

Hey, so this is Bay's Alola Diary of my playthrough of Pokemon Moon. I think I'll go for simple entries, in which I might just say I feel worthy what has happened and some thoughts on the plot. Okay, let's go.

I got Popplio as my starter and oh my gosh he's such a cutie. I named him Wright after Phoenix Wright from the Ace Attorney games, and yes for this game I'll name Pokemon after those characters haha. We got Gumshoos already, sooo. I'm liking the new characters so far. Hau is such a sweetie and while Lillie is kinda reserved she still has this charm to her. Professor Kukui is fun so far, especially with this meme line of his, haha.

I was training a bit before going against Hau the second time, and caught myself a Pikipek and Grubbin. Let me tell you, Pokemon Refresh has me going "awww" over Grubbin, lol. And man, Pikipek keeps getting dirty, lol. When I went against my rematch with Hau, I forgot to switch my roster so Grubbin went against Pichu and that didn't go well, lol. Switched out soon enough and then rest of battle easy.

I heard some folks got a bit of trouble going against the trainers in the trainer's school, but I didn't have that much trouble except for the kid with the Alolan Grimer. Hate Poison Touch, bleh. Then again, my Popplio was a few levels above the other trainers heh.

Went to the clothes shop and got myself a simple black shirt and some socks. Tempted to get a hat, but I'll wait haha. Will wait a bit until I get a new hairstyle too.

Trained a bit more until my Pikipek evolved into Trumbeak, and at this part I'm overlevled haha. Went against Team Skull and then Ilima. Ilima's Yungoos was somehow tougher than I thought while his Smeagel I got through easily with Trumbeak's Rock Smash.

That's all for tonight I think. My next agenda is trying out the first trial and thinking of getting Crabrawler and a Drifloon at the cemetery.

Team
    Popplio (Wright), Lv 15
    Baby Doll Eyes
    Aqua Jet
    Water Gun
    Disarming Voice

Trumbeak (Blackquill), Lv 14
    Rock Smash
    Peck
    Echo Voice
    Supersonic

Grubbin (Apollo), Lv 13
    Bug Bite
    Bite
    Vice Grip
    Mud Slap

Plus several captures. I've been thinking my team will be those three, Crabrawler, and Fomantis/Lurantis. Not sure my sixth spot, probably either Drifloon or a fire type.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    Night Two (Part One)

Made some progress, woo. Before I go on, want to say that I think I'm liking Team Skull so far. I feel they're more charismatic than, say, Team Galactic grunts. Looking forward to checking out the higher ups.

I went to the first trial and pretty much my Grubbin was able to get through the Rattata and Raticate fine due to Bug Bite. There's then the totem Raticate and he was pretty easy due to Brionne's Disarming Voice. Brionne then did a cute victory pose, haha.

After going through Route 3, was walking through Melemele Meadow and trained my Grubbin while making my way towards Cosmog. At one point I stumbled upon Pom Pom Oricorio and wanted to catch it. While doing that, the Oricorio called for help and another Oricorio appeared, drats. Both of them ended up defeated. I then gave up and continued the story.

While going through the berry fields in Route 2 and 3, wasn't able to find a Crabrawler. Not sure if it's random or have to shake the trees? Oh well, I'll figure it out. I did get Drifloon in the cemetery and then showed it to the lady in Hau'oli City later on.

Did another rival battle with Hau, wasn't too hard. Grubbin vs Pikachu, then Brioone vs Litten.

Went against the red card guy in Route 3 and his Slowpoke and Stealth Rock ahhhhh. Had Drifloon go against Slowpoke and it took a while because of Slowpoke's Yawn bleh.

Before attempting the Grand Trail, evolved my Grubbin into Charjabug since it was close o evolving, yay. The first Grand Trial itself was easy for me when Trumbeak kept using Pluck on Hala's Pokemon. Much easier battler than red card guy, that's for sure.

Went with a haircut and got the hat since I have some money to blow off lol. Could be a chance I'll change my look again lol, but I'm warming up to my haircut now. Will take a break and play more tonight, first by checking on Ilima again.

Some pics of my new look:

jXA9A6Q.jpg

EIBpT0s.jpg

Closer look at my face. Do I rock in that orange lipstick?

Team
    Brionne (Wright), Lv 20
    Baby Doll Eyes
    Aqua Jet
    Water Gun
    Disarming Voice

Trumbeak (Blackquill), Lv 19
    Rock Smash
    Pluck
    Echo Voice
    Supersonic

Charjabug (Apollo), Lv 20
    Bug Bite
    Bite
    Vice Grip
    Spark

Drifloon (Mia), Lv 17
    Astonish
    Gust
    Payback
    Constrict

Keeping Mia for now. We'll see if I'll switch her or not. For now, will keep hunting for Crabrawler.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    Night Two (Part Two)

So I got back to Hau'oli City to find Ilima and we battled. His Gumshoos used the Z move Breakneck Blitz and it almost fainted my Trumbeak gah. At least his Smeargle didn't give me too much trouble.

Next I went to Ten Carat Hill to get some items and check the Pokemon there. One of the Pokemon I found was Carbink and oh my gosh they kept asking for help lol. I then ran off back to Hau'oli City and to the port. Next island!

First city I stopped by in Akala Island was Heahea City. I then met Dexio and Sina, with Sina wanting to battle me. Her Delibird was easy while Glaceon took me a bit longer to deal with but I managed fine. They then gave me the Zygarde Cube.

I remember there was that one man that wanted to see Rockruff, so I went back to Ten Carat Hill and did just that. Besides that, caught myself Alolan Diglett and named it "Friend" lol. While on Route One, also found some of those Zygarde Cores.

iG955od.jpg

Friend.

I return to Akala Island, and went to Route 4. Over there, finally found a Crabrawler from one of the berry trees. After that, went to Paniloa Town and the ranch. Gimmepie is right it does has this Wild West feel. I also battled against Hau. I had Brionne against Pikachu and while Pikachu did a fair amount of damage, nothing too bad. Hau then got out his Torracat and had him used a Z move too. I thought Brionne was done for, but lol he only took some damage.

Went to Route 5 next, and got Fomantis. along the way, Also had my first battle against Gladion. He wasn't too tough.

Last thing I did for tonight was enter Brooklet Hill and do the second trail with the Wishiwashi totem. I decided to use Charjabug and it went against it and its ally pretty well. I love my Charjabug.

Team
    Brionne (Wright), Lv 26
    Baby Doll Eyes
    Aqua Jet
    Bubble Beam
    Disarming Voice

Trumbeak (Blackquill), Lv 24
    Rock Smash
    Pluck
    Fury Attack
    Supersonic

Charjabug (Apollo), Lv 25
    Bug Bite
    Crunch
    Vice Grip
    Spark

Drifloon (Mia), Lv 23
    Ominious Wind
    Astonish
    Gust
    Payback

Crabrawler (Larry), Lv 19
    Bubble
    Rock Smash
    Bubble Beam
    Pursuit

Fomantis (Franziska), Lv 18
    Fury Cutter
    Leafage
    Razor Leaf
    Growth

I think that's my full team atm, although the more I think about it the more I feel Sandygast would be better than Drifloon. I think next time I'll take a pic of my team so you guys can see the nicknames haha.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    Night Three

Short update today as I got fic reviews to catch up, some edits, whole bunch of housecleaning, and need to wake up early tomorrow orz.

Ok, so I first went through Route 6 after the Sudowoodo let me pass. After going against the trainers there, I was back to Heahea City and visited the Game Freak room haha. I then went ahead to the Royal Avenue and participated in the Battle Royale. I used my Charjabug, but forgot Hau has Torracat so my bug got hit a few times. I still managed to faint Torracat though before time's up. And oh my gosh it's obvious who the Masked Royal was.

After that, decided to find a Mudbray and trained it a bit. As you can see on my team below, I swapped Drifloon with her as I think it'll be a better choice in the end and I did fell for Mudsdale when its design was first revealed.

I went ahead with the third trial, and haha I love the photobombing there. There's then going against Salazzle. I admit to making several mistakes on this one. Brionne was going so well at first, but when Salazzle went to low health I accidentally fainted her ally instead. Brionne then got poisoned and kept getting Venoshock from the second Salandit, and because I forgot to use something to heal him from poison Brionne fainted. Tried Trumbeak next, but got smashed with Salazzle's Flame Burst. I then decided to use Mudbray even though they're slightly weaker than them, but when she used Bulldoze both of them fainted, haha. Mudbray for the save.

Last thing I did was going through Route 7 to go against some swimmer trainers, Charjabug able to defeat all of them easily. Also, my Trumbeak evolved into Toucannon woo.

Oh, something I noticed in my playthrough. Does anyone remember that guy with the Pelipper in the video after you cleared the demo's main storyline? I keep running into him, and he says when I get stronger to meet him, or something. What's up with that, lol.

Team
    Brionne(Wright), Lv 29
    Sing
    Aqua Jet
    Bubble Beam
    Disarming Voice

Toucannon (Blackquill), Lv 28
    Beak Blast
    Pluck
    Fury Attack
    Roost

Charjabug (Apollo), Lv 28
    Bug Bite
    Crunch
    Acrobactics
    Spark

Crabrawler (Larry), Lv 24
    Power Up Punch
    Rock Smash
    Bubble Beam
    Pursuit

Fomantis (Franziska), Lv 23
    Fury Cutter
    Leafage
    Ingrain
    Leaf Blade

Mudbray (Maya), Lv 23
    Stomp
    Rototiller
    Bulldoze
    Double Kick

Unless I find another Pokemon I like better, I think this will be my final team. Haven't used Crabrawler or Formantis in battle yet, but I've heard Crabrawler is a pain because he does't evolve until much later when you go to a colder place.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    Night Four

Before I begin, I actually did one more thing last night after I posted the Night Three update. User Decidueye mentioned they're willing to evolve anyone's Charjabug into Vikavolt because it'll be awhile until you can get to Electric Rock's location, so me and one other person took that offer. So yeah, that's how I got Vikavolt now haha.

1yAOkgV.jpg

Apollo says he's fine!

Back to my playthrough. Went through Route 8 and met Colress there. Well, well, well. I then battled several trainers and found a motel. Gladion is in one of the rooms, but he told me to get out. Welp.

Did the fourth trial next. Okay, it took longer than it was supposed to be because I was just getting used to Stoutland's sniffing feature and I didn't realize the Tiny Mushroom is in the first part of Lush Jungle until much later oops. Once I got all of Mallow's ingredients I then battled totem Lurnatis. I thought it would be a tough battle because everyone said so, but I one shot the Lurnatis with my Toucannon, haha.

I then went back to Heahea City and got properly introduced to the Aether foundation and info on Ultra Beasts. Met Kukui's wife, too, and she's a cutie. Please Guzma/Kukui shippers don't leave her out in your fic/art thank you.

It's then off to Diglett Tunnel, and did some battles there including one karate guy that used a fighting Z move that managed to faint my Toucannon bleh. I also did another battle against Team Skull, with Hau helping out. Easy enough.

Next city was Konikoni City and it has this Euruteak City vibe to it. I blew some more money on clothes, but I'm too lazy to take a picture of it lol. after looking around a bit, got a message from Probopass Olivia's new location.

I decided to catch a couple Pokemon for cash before heading for my second grand trial. First is to catch a Stufful, which only took me a couple minutes. I then got asked to find an Oranguru, and he's harder to encounter. For temporary, I actually set aside Brionne and Vikavolt into the PC because they're been getting loads of experience lately, especially Vikavolt because of him recently been traded back. But yeah, took a while to find Oranguru and when I did he asked for help with Trumbeak being an ally, so that was more annoying. I caught him at least and got my cash.

I noticed my Mudbray was close to evolving, so I was about to go to the outskirts to train a bit, only for Plumeria to appear. Mudbray did find against her Golbat, so woo snagged some extra XP. Couple more random encounters later, got myself a Mudsdale! Went and put Brionne and Vikavolt into my team.

Last agenda for tonight was going against Olivia. Her Nosepass did some hits on my Brionne, but he was able to stand on his own fine. Olivia's two other Pokemon weren't that tough either.

Seems next thing is more Ateher Foundation stuff, so I'll save that for tomorrow. There's also getting matches with Mallow and Lana, so I'll try to do those before going to the third island.

Team
    Brionne (Wright), Lv 33
    Sing
    Aqua Jet
    Bubble Beam
    Disarming Voice

Toucannon (Blackquill), Lv 33
    Beak Blast
    Pluck
    Fury Attack
    Roost

Vikavolt (Apollo), Lv 32
    Bug Buzz
    Crunch
    Acrobactics
    Thunderbolt

Crabrawler (Larry), Lv 29
    Payback
    Dizzy Punch
    Bubble Beam
    Rock Smash

Fomantis (Franziska), Lv 29
    Fury Cutter
    Leafage
    Ingrain
    Leaf Blade

Mudsdale (Maya), Lv 30
    Stomp
    High Horsepower
    Bulldoze
    Iron Defense

Poor Crabrawler still not strong enough yet. If I want to switch him, I'm not sure who. He'll still be there for the ride at the moment. Also, ahhhh one more level and my gorgeous boy will evolve.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    Night Five

At Achromatic, thanks! I bought some new clothes after that picture, but too lazy to take a picture, haha. I'll see about doing that soon, though.

Oh wow, I keep forgetting to update Wright's moves and that he had been Brionne not Popplio, lol. This is what I get for copy/pasting. Fixed that in previous entries.

On my fifth day of playing I went ahead and did the battles against Lana and Mallow. Before my battle with Lana, I had to do a double battle against her sisters, which wasn't so bad. I then went Lana and managed fine. After that, went to the restaurant to find Mallow and she told me to battle her at Lush Jungle, and so I did. She was pretty easy, and thanks to Exp Share my Brionne evolved into Primarina!

With those battles done I headed to the resort and Fabe took me and Hau to Ather Paradise. There I met with Wicke and Lusamine. That's then ub-01 appeared. Used both Toucannon and Primarina for that fight before it went back to that wormhole. Lusamine's look after that, well that's worrisome.

Hau and I next headed to the third island and did our next battle. His Raichu and Torracat were easy while his Leafeon took a few hits but not too bad.

I wanted to go against the trainers at the beach resort so I did that. Used Fomantis for a while but she kept fainting when going against stronger opponents lol. Not long until she'll evolve. Also solved the mystery of that one guy I mentioned last update. Apparently he calls himself Future? Whatever. Battled him, then also went against two golfer ladies being creepy towards a guy in a Machamp. He didn't want my help in the end, er what. This resort man.

Oh one last thing in the resort is picking up Pyukumuku. Got 20,000 pokedollars out of that woah.

Before done for the night, I went to Malie Garden and did some sightseeing around Malie City. Lillie wanted to come to the library and so I did. Met Acerola and she tells me and Lillie the backstory of the legendaries which is cool.

You know, I smell a plotbunny relating to AZ from XY games meeting with the Alola kings. And maybe AZ and Acerola interacting oh my gosh Bay don't ahead of yourself until you play more of the game.

Team
    Primarina (Wright), Lv 36
    Sing
    Bubble Beam
    Sparkling Aria
    Disarming Voice

Toucannon (Blackquill), Lv 36
    Beak Blast
    Pluck
    Fury Attack
    Roost

Vikavolt (Apollo), Lv 36
    Bug Buzz
    Crunch
    Acrobactics
    Thunderbolt

Crabrawler (Larry), Lv 33
    Payback
    Dizzy Punch
    Bubble Beam
    Rock Smash

Fomantis (Franziska), Lv 33
    Fury Cutter
    Leafage
    Ingrain
    Leaf Blade

Mudsdale (Maya), Lv 35
    Heavy Slam
    High Horsepower
    Bulldoze
    Iron Defense

Man, I think I'll have to set aside Crabrawler or just put him away all together because I want him to learn Ice Hammer but he can't learn it unless he evolve, and well that won't be for a long while.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Seems now Digtrio becomes popular again! New ability and Type make it amazing

Bay

Years
    Night Six

For night six, what I actually did first was catch some Pokemon in the gardens and then used Wonder Trade. What I got was two Abra, Grubbin, Eevee, Crabrawler, and Raticate. I traded off most of them. I was hoping for something good, but Abra and Raticate will do for now. While doing that, Fomantis evolved into Lurnatis.

After done messing around, I trained a bit in both Routes 10 and 11. Too many Fearows popping up, though gah. It was then off to the observatory where the fifth trial will take place. Had to battle against Molyane, and while I switched around my Pokemon a bit overall not too bad of a battle. Next is Sophocles's trial and the Vikavolt took a while to take down. Pretty much all of my Pokemon have some sort of weakness against him and Mudsdale's Ground attacks won't be effective due to Vikavolt's Leviate. Only thing to do is keep using Heavy Slam ahhhh. Got through the trial in the end, though.

Next, I needed to return the mask to Kukui and hello it's our boy Guzma. I admit, love his battle theme. Set, game, match. Can't wait to see more of him.

Next thing I did was meet up with Hau where she gave me the Mudsdale Gallop rider, which was ironic considering I have my own Mudsdale, lol. Oh well, I'll imagine calling up Maya. Made it to Tapu Village and the Aether House where I had to battle a couple kids. Acerola then showed up and wanted me to go to the abononded supermarket, and so I did that. I can see why this is several people's favorite, taking pictures of ghosts haha.

Sixth trial against Mimikyu I thought it would be easy with my Toucannon, but not exactly. Mimikyu's Disguise ability gave it an advantage and then asked for Haunter's help. Luckily Sucker Punch did nothing, but Mimikyu's Play Rough did some good damage each time. Not only that, because I used Beak Blast both ghost Pokemon got burned. At one point Toucannon fell asleep due to Haunter's Hypnosis, but I used an Awakening. Toucannon then fell asleep again after I defeated Mimikyu. Let the sleep effect pass (because I forgot to check berries lol), and amusing Sucker Punch kept doing nothing. But yeah, got through the sixth trial in the end. Bye bye, cute Mimikyu.

Decided to then train my Stufful/Bewear for a while. I went back to Route Ten and thanks to the Fearows and an occasional Skarmory he went up a few levels woo.

Last thing I did was going back to Aether House and Plumeria showed up. Got the battle over with, but my next obeject is to go at the base and get the stolen Yungoos. That's next time!

Team
    Primarina (Wright), Lv 42
    Hyper Voice
    Bubble Beam
    Sparkling Aria
    Disarming Voice

Toucannon (Blackquill), Lv 42
    Beak Blast
    Pluck
    Drill Peak
    Roost

Vikavolt (Apollo), Lv 41
    Bug Buzz
    Zap Canon
    Dig
    Thunderbolt

Lurnatis (Franziska), Lv 41
    Fury Cutter
    Slash
    Petal Blizzard
    Leaf Blade

Mudsdale (Maya), Lv 42
    Heavy Slam
    High Horsepower
    Bulldoze
    Iron Defense

Bewear (Edgeworth), Lv 37
    Hammer Arm
    Payback
    Take Down
    Brutal Swing

Yeah, so decided to switch Crabrawler with Stufful and see where that goes. Also I think Edgeworth is the perfect name for my Beware if you get one Ace Attorney reference, lol. Bewear's Pokedex, tho... wow. Hopefully this will be the last time I'll switch off the last slot.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    Night Seven

So the next few events have been a rollercoaster. First thing was going through Route 15 and I met Grimsley there. I'm curious as to why he's wearing a kimino and visiting Alola in the first place. Took a screenshot along with a brief look at my new clothes (it's a white and black blouse and I have a black skirt too).

PAy0W1c.jpg

Uncle Grimsley comes to town. Or beach.

After Grimsely gave me the Sharpedo pages, gone through the next couple routes until I made it to Po Town. Met up with Nanu and hm, has this mysterious vibe about him. Got through the grunts and then found Guzma. Toucannon for the win. Still love his battle theme, lol.

Next up, went to Aether House and had to battle Gladion. Found out Lillie was taken to Aether Foundation.

Was about to go there, but Nanu wants to battle me first ack. My Primarina was able to get through two of his Pokemon, only for his Persian to faint Primarina. Bewear then came in for revenge lol. I'm still curious about Nanu, like since he's Acerola's uncle is he from her mother or father's side? If father's side, what are his thoughts concerning his ancestors being leaders of Alola? Did he and Grimsley met?

...Bay has too many fic ideas and I'm not done with the game yet orz.

Anyways, once I was done with that off to Aether Foundation. There were quite a few employee battles and back to back battle with Fabe. Hm, Wicke seems to be more sympathetic of us, though. Not only that, Team Skull came too and they've been working with Aether Foundation. Round three with Guzma and this time he brought himself a couple more Pokemon. His Masquerain is stronger than I expected, nearly fainted my Vikavolt lol. Otherwise, got through him fine.

Once that was over with, off to see Lusamine. And oh boy, while I already heard about her being the main antagonist, seeing that one cutscene of the Pokemon frozen left me going, "oh my gosh what." The cutscene with UB-02 Beauty and Tapu Koko was nice too. After some revelations of both Gladion and Lillie being Lusamine's chldren and her using Cosmog, time to battle Lusamine. Saved for her Clefable's annoying Metermome, I was able to defeat her easily.

The first few big events now and over with, off to the final island. Met with the seafolk village's chief (SO that's the guy from the demo trailer lol) and then Hapu and her grandmother. I already know about Hapu's later grandfather being the former kahuna, but seems strange to me she didn't say anything about him. Ah well. The Machamp rider, though, lol. There was a cutscene where Hapu was accepted as the new kahuna after helping out with the Ultra Beasts invasion (game could have showed that too aw man).

Lillie and I then went to Exeggutor Island and I had to battle one of those dudes pffft. We then found the other (Moon) flute and one bittersweet cutscene where Lillie mentioned about the time when her mother was caring.

Before Lillie and I went to Poni Canyon, Hapu wanted to have a kahuna battle. Able to get through her Pokemon easily, and when it was Hapu's Mudsdale against Primarina, I had Primarina used his special Z move, Oceanic Operetta, for fun and oh my gosh I'm so sorry Hapu hahaha.

It's then off to Poni Canyon. It was a long trek and going through several trainers gah, but at least my Mudsdale's happy kicking their butts lol. along the way I also met with the last captain that likes to paint and she already gave me the Fairyium. Oh, thanks. I then went to my final trial and had to go against Kommo-o. Had Primarina tried out the Fairy Z move this time and haha it bypassed Kommo-o's protect. Done.

Now off to the plot's climax. Lillie and I went to the altar and played the flute, leading Nebby turning into Lunala ahhhh. The portal to the Ultra Space opens, and upon our first entry we see Guzma looking very rough. We then find Lusamine and welp, Guzma's right in that she went insane. I love Lillie's callout to her. Oh, Lusamine mixed herself with the Ultra Beast oh dear. Another battle with Lusamine and this one went out just as smooth as my last encounter with her.

There was then Lunala taking everyone back to the altar. After Guzma took Lusamine away, Lunala wanted to join me! So Legendary battle time. Had my Lurnatis slowly took down its health, and when she fainted I had Bewear take her place. It's great as Lunala's ghost attacks did nothing lol. One Ultra Ball later, boom caught it. Having caught Lunala, Lillie said farewell to me (it was cute how Lillie kept telling me ways how to take care of Nebby) Really gonna miss her. Nanu then showed up and took me to Mount Lanakila.

I decided to leave Lanakila for tomorrow since there are a few other things I want to do first, like catch Ditto and Mimikyu. Before heading out for the night, I did check out that desert on Route 13 but kept getting jumped on by the Pokemon there lol. Bought some Max Repels, but deciding if I should save trekking through the desert for post game since that's when you get to battle against one of the guardians. Either way, very close to the main story's ending now woo.

Team
    Primarina (Wright), Lv 56
    Hyper Voice
    Bubble Beam
    Sparkling Aria
    Moonblast

Toucannon (Blackquill), Lv 56
    Beak Blast
    Hyper Voice
    Drill Peak
    Roost

Vikavolt (Apollo), Lv 56
    Bug Buzz
    Zap Canon
    Dig
    Thunderbolt

Lurnatis (Franziska), Lv 55
    Fury Cutter
    Sunny Day
    Petal Blizzard
    Solar Blade

Mudsdale (Maya), Lv 57
    Heavy Slam
    High Horsepower
    Earthquake
    Mega Kick

Bewear (Edgeworth), Lv 54
    Hammer Arm
    Payback
    Take Down
    Brutal Swing

Bewear is starting to pull through, especially with Fluffy as his nature and him wearing Sunglasses for some boost on his Dark attacks. Pretty good against Psychic and Ghost Types so far.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    Night Eight

Before I went forward with the Pokemon League, I decided to go through some trainers I haven't battled yet in the fourth island. After that, went to the abondoned supermarket to see if I can find a Mimikyu, but after some encounters I decided to catch the Pokemon I want post game. That, and I realized False Swipe wouldn't work on ghost types, so I need to think a different way to get Mimikyu lol.

But yeah, might as well push through the very end. Was about to go to Mount Lanakila only for Gladion to show up, this time with his Silvally. Since his was grass type, my Toucannon one shot it. After the battle, Gladion mentioned me being a great trainer and appreciated me watching over Lillie before leaving.

Trekked through the mountain, and huh no trainers but an abundance of Pokemon. Kinda similar to Johto's Victory Road. Poni Canyon was pretty rough, though. Anyways, before heading to the league Of course, haha. Pretty easily once I switched around my Pokemon and such. He was a good sport, which was refreshing compare to Calem/Serena from X/Y.

Off to the Pokemon League! So first Elite 4 battle was Hala and his fighting types. I was doing fine and defeated 2 Pokemon of his easily until he sent out his Bewear. One of Bewear's ablities was Fluffy, so direct damage only half and I have no Fire attacks oops. His Bewear hits hard, and so did his Primape. There was then his Crabrawler that KO'ed my Toucannon thanks to his Ice attacks lol. So yeah made some blunders but pulled through.

The next two Elite 4 battles were Olivia and Acerola. Olivia's was easy using Primarina and Mudsdale. Acerola took a bit longer but nothing too bad thanks to Bewear's Dark attacks. I was amused at Acerola telling me Nanu's words of how he refused to be in the Elite 4, though.

Last Elite 4 was Kahili with her flying types. Oh my gosh I hate Skarmory's Sturdy. Poor Vikavolt almost losing his Thunderbolt. Oricorio's Air Slash and Teeter Dance was pretty annoying too, and so was Mandibuzz's Brave Bird. Her Toucannon also managed to use a Z move, ho ho. Yeah, hers was the toughest match.

With the Elite 4 defeated, time to face the Champion, Kukui. Noooo Lycanroc used Stealth Rock. And did I already mention hating Sturdy? Saying that again because of Magnezone. Otherwise, I think I had an easier time with his match than Kahili's. Oh, I found it amusing the last battle was my Bewear against his Snorlax. Big bear fight going on, lol. Hammer Arm did the trick.

Woo, Alola Champion. Went back to the village and there was some celebrations. And oh, Lillie's back. She wanted to go to the ruins and thank Tapu Koko for watching over us. Bam, another legendary battle. Brought out Lurnatis as she had False Swipe for this very reason. I then switched to Mudsdale due to her immunity to electric and so I kept throwing Ultra Balls at Tapu Koko. I think it took me almost 20 Ultra Balls until I finally caught it. The deed has been done, and then Lillie said her goodbyes this time. I would mind hearing her journey in Kanto!

So, this has been a very enjoyable ride from start to finish! I did more detailed thoughts on the game over at Tumblr so that this post doesn't get too long haha. I know there's a lot of post game stuff I'm excited to dive into, so I'll continue with those events next time.

Team
    Primarina (Wright), Lv 62
    Hyper Voice
    Hydro Pump
    Sparkling Aria
    Moonblast

Toucannon (Blackquill), Lv 62
    Beak Blast
    Fly
    Drill Peak
    Roost

Vikavolt (Apollo), Lv 62
    Bug Buzz
    Zap Canon
    Dig
    Thunderbolt

Lurnatis (Franziska), Lv 61
    False Swipe
    Sunny Day
    Petal Blizzard
    Solar Blade

Mudsdale (Maya), Lv 62
    Heavy Slam
    High Horsepower
    Earthquake
    Mega Kick

Bewear (Edgeworth), Lv 60
    Hammer Arm
    Payback
    Dragon Claw
    Brutal Swing

The MVPs. I admit, I think this is the first in a while I totally winged it on my team selection. Pretty much except for Primarina and Toucannon, the rest of the Pokemon I took along the way. Bewear was the last addition even though I caught him close to the end of second island, but I thought I could hold out Crabrawler a little while longer but gave up on him.

Bay

Years
    Night Nine (Ultra Beast Missions Part One)

Okay, so I think I'll continue like two/three more proper journal entries as I go through the Ultra Beast Missions. Other stuff, like Battle Tree and getting some Pokemon I might do it at my own time. Let's do this.

After leaving my house, I got a card to inform me I should head at the motel in Route 8. I did that, and met with two special guests, Looker and Anabel. If any one of you remember what happened to Looker in ORAS, he lost his memory. I guess his mission was finding the Ultra Beasts and he's continuing it? Anyways, Anabel wanted to battle me and how her Pokemon kept hitting me hard lol. I wasn't satisfied where it was going, so I restarted the game and did a round two. Her Pokemon still did good damage, but the battle went much smoother than before. I then accepted the mission to finding all the Ultra Beasts.

I needed to go to Aether Paradise, but first I decided to check up on Guzma on Route 2. Yes, he has a house there. He mentioned having some unfinished business and so we battled. I admit, I should have switched off Toucannon when he brought out Masquerain because it learned Ice Beam. Instead I waited until his Pokemon ran out of Ice Beam and kept using Max Potion lol. Managed eventually, though.

Off to Aether Paradise next. I met Gladion there and he gave me a different Type Null, and then I talked to Wicke who gave me the Beast Balls. I got informed the first Ultra Beast at Diglett Tunnel, so I went there. Pretty easy catch.

Next Ultra Beast I needed to get was U2 Beauty, and wah four of them? D= She was very fast, so it took me several team shuffling until I got Bewear in front. Sometimes Bewear does critical hits, though, so I still often faint it ack. Took longer than it should be. Oh yeah, Nanu showed up before all of this and seems he and Looker used to work together, hmmm...

U3 Lightning is next, but before that Mina appeared once again and wanted to battle me. Her battle was much easier than Anabel's. after that, needed to find two of the Lightning. Accidentally fainted one or two of them, but otherwise managed fine in the end.

Decided to end here for today. Will try to get the other two Ultra Beast tomorrow, yay.

Team
    Primarina (Wright), Lv 64
    Hyper Voice
    Hydro Pump
    Sparkling Aria
    Moonblast

Toucannon (Blackquill), Lv 64
    Beak Blast
    Fly
    Drill Peck
    Roost

Vikavolt (Apollo), Lv 63
    Bug Buzz
    Zap Canon
    Dig
    Thunderbolt

Lurnatis (Franziska), Lv 63
    False Swipe
    Sunny Day
    Petal Blizzard
    Solar Blade

Mudsdale (Maya), Lv 65
    Heavy Slam
    High Horsepower
    Earthquake
    Mega Kick

Bewear (Edgeworth), Lv 63
    Hammer Arm
    Payback
    Dragon Claw
    Brutal Swing

Bay

Years
  • Nice you're documenting the post-game stuff. Good luck getting the rest of the Ultra Beasts!

Haha some funny stuff happened while I was trying to get the Ultra Beasts, so I thought why not I'll talk about those. My documents on the last two Ultra Beasts I'll post now!

Bay

Years
    Night Ten (Ultra Beast Missions Part Two)

This will be a short entry since I was close to finsihing with the last couple Ultra Beast missions.

The next Ultra Beast I needed to catch was two of UB04, Blaster. Went to that desert and the gardens to catch those, and they weren't too hard to get.

(Oh, in between the UB04 and UB05 missions, found out Anabel lost her memories due to being sucked in an Ultra Wormhole. Hm, made me wonder if a similar incident happened to Looker in OR/AS)

There was then the last Ultra Beast, UB05 Gluttony. Before I could do that, though, I had to battle against Nanu to prove I can handle the last mission. After that, I had to go through a couple new areas in Poni Island and battle some trainers before finally entering Resolution Cave.

So, Gluttony. My Bewear was able to stand on his own very well, but the problem is each time Gluttony's HP was low it used Trash and then accidentally fainted itself from confusion ahhhh. Took like three tries until I finally caught it. Once that was done, went to Aether Foundation to wrap everything up and say goodbye to Looker and Anabel, but not before finding out there was a new legendary Pokemon being sighted.

And I think this will be my last update in a while. I might do another time once I get around to capturing the other three Tapus, otherwise I'll be taking my time with the extra stuff. For those that followed my journal up to this point, hope you enjoy!

Team
    Primarina (Wright), Lv 66
    Hyper Voice
    Hydro Pump
    Sparkling Aria
    Moonblast

Toucannon (Blackquill), Lv 66
    Beak Blast
    Fly
    Drill Peck
    Roost

Vikavolt (Apollo), Lv 67
    Bug Buzz
    Zap Canon
    Dig
    Thunderbolt

Lurnatis (Franziska), Lv 66
    False Swipe
    Sunny Day
    Petal Blizzard
    Solar Blade

Mudsdale (Maya), Lv 67
    Heavy Slam
    High Horsepower
    Earthquake
    Mega Kick

Bewear (Edgeworth), Lv 66
    Hammer Arm
    Payback
    Dragon Claw
    Brutal Swing

Years
    Night Two (Part One)

Made some progress, woo. Before I go on, want to say that I think I'm liking Team Skull so far. I feel they're more charismatic than, say, Team Galactic grunts. Looking forward to checking out the higher ups.

I went to the first trial and pretty much my Grubbin was able to get through the Rattata and Raticate fine due to Bug Bite. There's then the totem Raticate and he was pretty easy due to Brionne's Disarming Voice. Brionne then did a cute victory pose, haha.

After going through Route 3, was walking through Melemele Meadow and trained my Grubbin while making my way towards Cosmog. At one point I stumbled upon Pom Pom Oricorio and wanted to catch it. While doing that, the Oricorio called for help and another Oricorio appeared, drats. Both of them ended up defeated. I then gave up and continued the story.

While going through the berry fields in Route 2 and 3, wasn't able to find a Crabrawler. Not sure if it's random or have to shake the trees? Oh well, I'll figure it out. I did get Drifloon in the cemetery and then showed it to the lady in Hau'oli City later on.

Did another rival battle with Hau, wasn't too hard. Grubbin vs Pikachu, then Brioone vs Litten.

Went against the red card guy in Route 3 and his Slowpoke and Stealth Rock ahhhhh. Had Drifloon go against Slowpoke and it took a while because of Slowpoke's Yawn bleh.

Before attempting the Grand Trail, evolved my Grubbin into Charjabug since it was close o evolving, yay. The first Grand Trial itself was easy for me when Trumbeak kept using Pluck on Hala's Pokemon. Much easier battler than red card guy, that's for sure.

Went with a haircut and got the hat since I have some money to blow off lol. Could be a chance I'll change my look again lol, but I'm warming up to my haircut now. Will take a break and play more tonight, first by checking on Ilima again.

Some pics of my new look:

jXA9A6Q.jpg

EIBpT0s.jpg

Closer look at my face. Do I rock in that orange lipstick?

Team
    Brionne (Wright), Lv 20
    Baby Doll Eyes
    Aqua Jet
    Water Gun
    Disarming Voice

Trumbeak (Blackquill), Lv 19
    Rock Smash
    Pluck
    Echo Voice
    Supersonic

Charjabug (Apollo), Lv 20
    Bug Bite
    Bite
    Vice Grip
    Spark

Drifloon (Mia), Lv 17
    Astonish
    Gust
    Payback
    Constrict

Keeping Mia for now. We'll see if I'll switch her or not. For now, will keep hunting for Crabrawler.

hi!

i was wondering...

how do you take those screenshots? :)

Bay

Years
  • Oh, I was taking them from my phone, haha. When I took the ones of my character's look, I zoomed the face and such. Took several tries until I got ones that are somewhat decent.

Back