• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Beating Jasmine - Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Un_Escaper

Destroyer of Destroyers
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2008
    I want to beat Jasmine.. (well duh) but she has the steel type so I'm not sure what to use against her. Any recommendations?

My team is:

Totodile Lvl 24

Pidgey Lvl 23

Bellsprout Lvl 26

Kadabra Lvl 30

Onix Lvl 26

Flaaffy Lvl 23

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Level up your Totodile. Use the best Water moves it knows against her. Only challenge her when Totodile is in its 30s.

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
    Years
    Evolve your totodile first to croconaw and teach it surf.

Buy the TM for Firepunch in Goldenrods shopping center and teach it to flaffy.

Lead with Flaffy against the magnemites. When she is about to use Steelix, switch to Croconaw. Surf it to death. If it uses sunny day, you can abuse Flaffy cause of Firepunch.

That should be all that you need to do.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    If you need to level up, here's a tip: Pryce is at lower levels than Jasmine (Pryce is at 31 and Jasmine is at 35 IIRC). You don't have to take Jasmine on first, so you can always go to Mahogany, take care of business there, and head back to Olivine to take on Jasmine afterward. Your levels should be high enough to take her on by then.

Years
    Ummm, She has two Magnemites and a Steelix iirc, so have Onix take care of the first two then bring in Feraligatr on Steelix.
    Onix has high enough Def not to be bothered by Iron Tail, btw. Dig should take down Magnemite, as Earthquake is undoubtedly difficult to obtain at that point.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Evolve those Pokemon, first of all. Second, Feraligatr will be able to do most of the battling. Surf will decimate Steelix. The two Magnemites might be pesky and troublesome, but you could always handle them with repeated Digs from Onix, since electric doesn't affect him (unless I'm mistaken him)

-Unknown-

Wth Noob
    Years
    Well first of all evolve your totodile use onix to kill off the magnamites and maybe use bellsprout and totodile to take out steelix

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Search for and pwn any trainers you may have missed, otherwise just fight in the wild — get everything to lvl 30 or close if you have the patience for it.
    I have the feeling that your problem could've been averted in the first place if you had a four-member team from square one. Less Pokemon ultimately means larger shares of experience points for the individuals.

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
    It might be too late now, but if you get something with low kick it would work perfectly.
    Super effective and her Pokemon are extremely heavy so it does more.

Gold95

Am I really...? Gold?
    Years
    The important thing is TRAIN YOUR POKéMONS, Onix can beat the two Magnemites and EVOLVE YOUR TODODILE Teach it Surf if it does not know that, Croconaw will have to do 2 or 3 Surfs to defeat Steelix......,
    By I just beat Jasmine Yesterday with my LVL 31 Furret's Slam and Strength beat the two Magnemites and my LVL 32 Feraligatre's Two Surfs beat Steeelix easity.....

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I want to beat Jasmine.. (well duh) but she has the steel type so I'm not sure what to use against her. Any recommendations?

My team is:

Totodile Lvl 24

Pidgey Lvl 23

Bellsprout Lvl 26

Kadabra Lvl 30

Onix Lvl 26

Flaaffy Lvl 23

Do these things and it should help u :

1- Evolve ur Totodile into Croconaw
    2- Level up the Croconaw till Lv30 so it can Evolve into Feraligatr
    3- Like what other people said, TEACH IT SURF !
    4- U have Kadabra, ur highest Level Pokemon. im not sure if it Can Learn Fire Punch but if it can , then teach it Fire Punch
    5- The Magnemites cant beat Onix so u will have the use of Onix at the start of the battle

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back