• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Begin, Again (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Two well spent hours *gives cookie and Lillipup*

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Cookie, you say? *takes cookie and shoves it in mouth*

Part 2 will be posted the day after tomorrow, I guess. Although I'll still try my best to post tomorrow ^^'

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No rush~ The story gets more interesting if you take your time.

Just... if you feel one day like not writing a complete novel chapter each time you post, it's perfectly fine to write something the size of Marina's or Diamond's first post (in chapter 1) xD

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
Years
You are allowed to make trades between you and other players in the chapters where I state that you are allowed to meet other players :) So if somebody else who has a Sentret wants to trade it for your Pidgey, you may!

I've got to give you some kind of challenge here ;p it's not a completely free RP! You make your choices.

Only, on this route, you are pretty much allowed to make as many posts as you want, if you want to battle made-up trainers or explore the farmland or find another wild pokémon to catch. Note that trainers you make up can only have pokémon who are previously catchable by you.

And, some pokémon will probably appear in several routes.

Sounds good! I have a hard time choosing just which pokemon I'd want on my team so I don't think I'll be trading all over the place or anything, but I figured I'd ask just so people would know. :)

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
Years
So many choices! D: I'm terrible with choices, being chronically indecisive D:D: I'm debating on getting a Lillipup but I kind of want her team to be small to start with.

CHOICES D:

But I'll start my post now, it'll be heaps better than the last, don't worry. My first post kinda sucked because I was out of inspiration at the time, so apologies for that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Don't worry, you can always trade with someone later, or catch several pokémon now but not train all of them actively... Choices can be hell xD But it might also give more diversity to your teams, since there are 6 players here. Aaand, some pokémon will come again.

Years
I'm going to have another post up either tonight or tomorrow, probably the latter since I'll be out for tuition at night. I think I'll catch some more Pokemon and train. Lillipup is cute and good at the start but there are other Pokemon that out-best it later on, so I'll just catch one for Pokedex reasons. :>

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You may, of course~ Looking forward to it :3 I realize now why Doctor Who says it's fun to read your players' posts. I almost want to enter a character myself, but that would be a bit weird, since I know all that's going to happen already :p

Doctor Who

Years
Oh yes definitely, posts are very inspiring aren't they? Its why I got so hardwired to get into a roleplay myself xD Reading so many awesome posts makes you aspire to be equally as awesome. Note the aspire >.>

Hmm, happenings huh? Now you got be curious!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You should be curious~

I hadn't realized this, but an RP like the Johto one of yours (or this one?) seems to fit me really well. I can't seem to write short posts >.< When you've got a good character going, you just can't stop yourself!

Doctor Who

Years
Oh I'm much of the same way sometimes I just can't top writing D: Which is why I'm glad that you can appreciate long posts (:

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
Years
I have to agree about this chapter-style thing being awesome for the way some people RP. I personally totally cannot keep up with those fast-paced ones where everyone's SUs are interacting all the time--it gets too confusing for my poor brain. I marvel at the RPers who can sort out all the posts!

And I like seeing people write out long posts... it feels like they have more time to show us what their character's about. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, I will let you interact with each other in shorter posts as well. In cities, I will at least give you the option/opportunity to. Then you can trade, battle each other or anything. And in some events, you will probably be forced to interact through shorter posts.

But there's only 6 of you and you can't skip ahead until at least almost everybody are done with a chapter, so this isn't an RP you'll ever be in a hurry in, I hope :)

EDIT: Marina has dropped out. Which means one spot is open. I'll tell people as soon as I've.... slepty a little. Or maybe now. Maybe.

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
I have just posted part 2 of my chapter 2, and I was just wondering, how many words does a post need to have to be considered long? I use an online word count tool to check how many words I have typed in.

EDIT: And yes, I am reusing names. x3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, I think 2 pages in Microsoft Word (or something similar) with size 11 is the least you should do in this RP (apart from the possibly shorter interacting posts in the cities and such). Look at this post for example. About 700-800 words.

But to be be called "long", well that's a relative term, isn't it? Overall, your posts here are pretty long, over 1100 words. But if you compare it to posts I make in another RP here, it's maybe not so "long". This example is about 2500 words ^^ You don't have to write posts that long here. Unless you want to of course xD

Years
Well, I think 2 pages in Microsoft Word (or something similar) with size 11 is the least you should do in this RP (apart from the possibly shorter interacting posts in the cities and such). Look at this post for example. About 700-800 words.

But to be be called "long", well that's a relative term, isn't it? Overall, your posts here are pretty long, over 1100 words. But if you compare it to posts I make in another RP here, it's maybe not so "long". This example is about 2500 words ^^ You don't have to write posts that long here. Unless you want to of course xD
You linked moi post. xD
Should I be feeling very honoured? xD *starts to feel honoured* XD

Ok, I have a teeny weeny question. When Pokemon battle and train against wild Pokemon and instead of fainting it, the Trainer captures the Pokemon, does the Pokemon used in the battle gain Exp. Pts? Cos if you use logic and common sense, EXP points is just a measurement system for the number of encounters and experiences of the Pokemon in battles, so technically, even if the foe has not fainted, both Pokemon involved in battle should gain Exp. Ok, this doesn't seem teeny weeny now right? That's why I asked. XP

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I already answered that.

They will level up whenever they participate in a battle. Otherwise, you would never want to lose, or your pokémon would grow realllly slow. You will level up more when winning a Gym Leader battle, or rival battle later on.

Because, if you look past the mechanics of the games and think for a while... if a pokémon fights for a while, don't you think that gives some experience, even though it loses at the end?

Everybody needs to get their head out of the game mechanics xD Rather think about how the anime does things, than the game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
of course. I guess, since Doctor Who is the only one left to post at least once more in this area, I will get the next chapter up tonight.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
If you may, can you tell me what time is "tonight" in your time zone? I want to know when you will xD

And also, sorry if I'm disturbing you in any way...

Back