• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Begin, Again (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Palmer! That's right. Well, disregard that and pretend Gary Oak looks like that when he's old :D Well, older. 40's maybe.

Hm, I made a mistake. In the OP, I said that professor Bill was in his thirties, didn't I? He should probably be in his 50's or 60's or so.

EDIT: I've been thinking and there's something in the "background" for this RP that should be changed. It's way too weird to have only graduated trainers being allowed to battle each other.

I'll change so that any person with a pokémon can battle others without breaking the law :p BUT the only ones who are allowed to do official pokémon gym battles and gain badges are the officially registered trainers; that means those who have graduated from either the Cedar Laboratory or the Cerulean Academy, OR an academy in another region.

Sounds fine? :) This way the RP gets a little closer to the canon pokéverse. *goes to change first post*

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I will tell you when your pokémon is ready to evolve. They evolve by level, mostly :) Or by stone if that's the normal way. Or if it's by happiness, I will tell you when I believe they are ready.

And of course you may choose not to evolve it.

And just to clarify: You are allowed to post as usual in Viridian City ^^' You don't have to interact with the others if you want to make this RP a game you play by yourself vs the GM. I'm thinking of forcing you to interact later on though...

And joint posts are always welcome, even in normal route chapters. Meaning, you create a post two on two (most often) by building a text together via PM or otherwise.

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
  • Hey, could I have Astrid visit Gary's gym and see someone challenge him? I was thinking she might spot a few pokemon that she might decide to look for down the road, but then I realized it depends what you're gonna have for us later. Does it matter if I mention specific pokemon (not going to mention legendaries or anything) or should I just keep it vague and have her take in some battle techniques instead?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You can mention any pokémon, as there will be pokémon from all regions across Kanto :) So go ahead. Astrid may want to look for certain ones, but she won't know if she'll find them ;)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thank you for using this thread for what it's meant for~ :3

Also, I've written up route 2. I will post it when you guys seem to run out of things to do in Viridian. Take your time *re-reads cute posts*

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I am lacking creativity skills today. >.<

& will you have the same pokemon in other routes later on in the roleplay? Because I think later on I think would like to catch a Tympole... but not right now. x3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    In Bursh's pokemon school, do the trainers in there have to have pokemon found in the city, or can it be anything reasonable? I was thinking of one of them having an oddish.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Beechlgz - You can let trainers have any pokémon that would be reasonable enough; from any region you like. Trainers in that school are pretty young and it wouldn't make sense if they had a Blaziken or Flygon, perhaps. But an Oddish is definitely alright ^^

Pony - Yes, some (most, probably) will be found again somewhere. And if you rrreealllly want a specific pokémon to reappear, you may say so and maaayyyybbbe I'll make it do so ;)

EDIT: Tell me in this thread when you want me to post the next chapter~

Last edited:

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
  • I had a sort-of idea that I thought of to use in Viridian, but it doesn't need to happen IN Viridian, so I'm good for whenever. Though if another bit doesn't go up til later tomorrow I might use Viridian after all. Either way works for me :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, you know you can still post in Viridian even though the new chapter is up :) One to three days from now, and route 2 will be posted~

Years
  • I'm might be able to post my last chapter for Viridian City which is just more training xD by tomorrow. My Internet connection is down so I can't write it up(I'm using phone to access the Net now). And another thing from Tuesday to Thursday, I won't be online as I have examinations. Just letting you know. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That's probably a good idea, focus on your exams, Dia~ I'll be studying more for exams this next month, but I'll still be posting new chapters :)

Virusuan City, Vermilion City... Viridian gets called a lot of things these days ;p

Since a lot of people posted now, I'll go read those, rate them and then post route 2.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I will have the rest of my Viridian City post up tomorrow. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    great, Pony :)

I will however post route 2 today, in case somebody wants to move on.
    You are still allowed to post more in Viridian City.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Rowena is a pokémon collector~! Nice.

And I hope somebody wants to do a joint/combined post with Beechlgz. It'll be fun to see your characters interact! Diamond, you should try it.

Good luck with your exams , by the way :)

Back