• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Begin, Again (OOC)

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
Years
RHCP, now I'm REALLY curious as to what you posted when you had a bit too many of those free beers xD

Dangit I hate being the last one D: I'll get a post in ASAP.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You are not disturbing me, Ace :) Why would you?

My timezone is GMT+1, but I think I'll wait for Doctor to post though ^^ I ensure you there's no rush.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Sure sure :3 I'm the one who's a bit in a rush, and I'm really sorry about that :(

So far, this RP is going great! I hope this one lives for a year or something xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
For a year... and beyond 8D Well, we'll see. There's a spot open already xD I'll do my best to keep it alive.

And you are allowed to post as much as you want in this chapter, so no worries. Many posts (as long as they are qualitative) are rewarded with many levels for your pokémon, obviously~ The good thing is that you can't really rush ahead since I haven't posted the next chapter ^^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
I'd just like to quickly point out that the pokedex numbers haven't been updated in the OP, just in case you'd forgotten.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks ^^ I appreciate when you point out my lazyness/forgetfulness. Will fix.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015

Is there still a spot available?

Never mind, I saw your add. :3

Name: Ryan O'Brien

History: Ryan O'Brien has your average family, a dad who is a construction worker, a mom who is an accountant, and an older brother who everyone else thinks is just perfect. Her parents were known for their sick sense of humor and thought the name Ryan O'Brien was just down right hilarious... just as funny as their eldest child's name, Bryan O'Brien. Ryan considered herself luckier though, I mean really, who wants to be named Bryan O'Brien?(no offense to anyone named Bryan O'Brien) But, her parents seemed to love Bryan... maybe even more than Ryan. Maybe it was because Bryan was a straight A student? Or because he seemed to get all the ladies? Or because he was an accomplished Pokemon Trainer, who had received numerous badges, and TV show appearances, and was well known around the entire Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Region? Well which ever way it was, Bryan always got the attention, and Ryan was just the annoying little girl who had trouble in school, and was not good at anything.

Ryan entered the academy, Professor Cedar's laboratory, at eleven years old. But sadly, since she didn't have her parents to help her with her work, and her lack of wanting to learn, she failed her first year. Someone at the laboratory thought that Ryan had the ability to do better, so they talked them into letting Ryan retry when she turned thirteen. So Ryan studied the entire year that she was twelve and it payed off. She passed the written test with flying colors. The battling test though, it wasn't as pretty, but it was good enough to pass her! Ryan still doesn't know who that person was, but she appreciates them very much.

Personality: Coming from a family that seemed to be obsessed with her older brother, Ryan tried to make herself well known in school, no matter what the cost. She would hang out with the "cool" kids, which meant skipping school to go hang out at one of their houses and well.... you can figure out the rest. After she realized how much of a screw up she was during her first year at school, she decided to try and change her ways. It took a lot of hard work but Ryan almost managed to completely change, even though it caused her to loose all her friends.

Even though Ryan changed, her "ex-friends" thought she was pathetic, so they started to make up rumors, tell all of her secrets, and just tried to do anything to try and make her be friends with them again, because Ryan had the best place to hang out at. Ever since then Ryan had came to the conclusion that she just can't trust anyone.

Ryan's a fighter, not a "legit" fighter, but she fought through all the constant rumors, causing her to become more stronger, emotionally.

Looks: Ryan, even though she isn't a "cool" kid anymore, she still kept her same style, giving people the impression that she was a bad kid. Her clothing style consists of lots of skinny jeans, skater shoes, and well, just any type of shirt. Ryan's favorite outfit is a plain gray t-shirt, dark skinny jeans that had rips all along the legs, and checkered canvas slip-on shoes. Ryan is always wearing a charm bracelet, that her brother had won in a Battle, and decided to give it to her has a present for passing. The charm bracelet is how Ryan will hold her pokeballs, so the "charms" are actually Pokeballs.

Her skin is just normal, pale in the winter and tan in the summer.

Ryan has long red hair, that is pin straight. Her bangs glide across her face, and her hair has many layers, giving it a messy look. It is usually kept down with a yellow flower clip placed on the side.

Ryan has an awkward body shape. She has very long legs, but they are incredibly bony, and she has a short torso. She has scrawny arms, and a thin stomach. But don't judge a book by its cover, Ryan loves to eat!

Ryan believes that her best feature is her large green eyes.

Starter choice: Tepig

Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzgkfS4gxa0 I just think this is an epic song all together... and I just image Pokemon when I listen to it. xD

But this part describes Ryan the best;
"We'll never stop! Cause we're only getting better"

Last edited:
Years
@Iwasapony
It seems that Ryan has both sexes? He/She/It keeps switching between boy and girl. Judging from the name, Ryan should be male, but judging from the personality, it could be a tomboy-like girl. Transvestite, much? O.o

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
@Iwasapony
It seems that Ryan has both sexes? He/She/It keeps switching between boy and girl. Judging from the name, Ryan should be male, but judging from the personality, it could be a tomboy-like girl. Transvestite, much? O.o

Dude, I just noticed that. She does seem very guy-ish now that you mention it. :/

But what do you mean by switching between boy and girl?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
xD Diamond, I think I know why you're confused.
History: Ryan O'Brien has your average family, a dad who is a construction worker, a mom who is an accountant, and an older brother who everyone else thinks is just perfect. Her parents were known for their sick sense of humor and thought the name Ryan O'Brien was just down right hilarious... just as funny as their eldest child's name, Bryan O'Brien. Ryan considered herself luckier though, I mean really, who wants to be named Bryan O'Brien?(no offense to anyone named Bryan O'Brien) But, her parents seemed to love Bryan... maybe even more than Ryan. Maybe it was because Ryan was a straight A student? Or because he seemed to get all the ladies? Or because he was an accomplished Pokemon Trainer, who had received numerous badges, and TV show appearances, and was well known around the entire Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Region? Well which ever way it was, Bryan always got the attention, and Ryan was just the annoying little girl who had trouble in school, and was not good at anything.
The word in bold should be Bryan, not Ryan, right? :) Personally, I love the name Ryan.

Accepted, and that song really feels pokémony in some way xD It should so be the English theme song for B/W or something!

Are you ok with starting in Pallet Town? You'll have to write 3 posts to catch up with the others (or 2, where the second one is longer than usual and has both necessary events in it), but take your time :3 I'll post chapter 3 today, but it doesn't matter if someone is a little bit behind.

Years
Can someone teach me how to replace a long URL address with just one or a few words or image? Thanks in advanced.

@RCHP: I wasn't expecting Amber to level up anyway, since I was more for the capture of Shinx. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Dia, do you mean how to put links in a post?

You copy the url address you want, then you highlight the text, or the image, you want the link to be in. Then you click the
createlink.gif
icon and paste the url address into it. Tadaa~ The text leads to that address.

Eh, maybe that wasn't what you were wondering xD

Years

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
xD Diamond, I think I know why you're confused.

The word in bold should be Bryan, not Ryan, right? :) Personally, I love the name Ryan.

Accepted, and that song really feels pokémony in some way xD It should so be the English theme song for B/W or something!

Are you ok with starting in Pallet Town? You'll have to write 3 posts to catch up with the others (or 2, where the second one is longer than usual and has both necessary events in it), but take your time :3 I'll post chapter 3 today, but it doesn't matter if someone is a little bit behind.

Oh... that's embarrassing. :p

& I'll have my first(maybe even second) post up today, but tomorrow I have horse riding lessons, so I might not be able to make a post.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
NOOOO!

I was still in the middle of writing one for Route 1! Do I have to discard it and start afresh?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nope, you can stay in a chapter for as long as you want. You can move on when you feel ready.

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
Years
Hahahahaha I read the Viridian post and reached the gym description, I was like "eh you put Gary but not his pokemon!" and then got to the part where he won't let us battle him yet, lol--I am imagining him being an extremely patient man, since he does have all the Academy kids funneling right through town, all gung-ho...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Exactly ;)

Also, forgive me for putting a sprite of a Sinnoh character up as him xD I haven't played the Sinnoh games, but I guess most have. But I couldn't have the usual sprite, as Gary is all grown up now :p

Back