• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Behind The (Potential) Names

How are you going to decide your player/rival name(s)?

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well if the girl's name turns out to be Heart I'll name her that or my name. At first I thought the name Heart was a little lame, but I am getting used to it. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be Soul.

For the guy, I would either name him Gold or Soul.

ShinyFanatic

Torchic! SHINE!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2009
    What will you name your Character

Dont think that there is already a thread like this so...
    What will you name your character!

Mine...

Name:Sabre
    Why: Platinum Name

Not 100% sure though

Years
    Name: James

I don't know. Maybe it is my real name. The only time I don't use my real name is when I own the other version. I use a different name so I can easily tell which Pokemon came from which trainer.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • I most of the time just make up a name depending on how he looks like EX: In d/p i names him Timmy well i think he looks like a Tommy and in platinum i called him tommy just so wouldn't get confused.

Years
  • Since I'm my own name in Diamond and Alxprit in Platinum I don't really know what I will name him. I'll come up with something eventually.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • I sometimes just use my real first name: Kevin. But sometimes I use ones I like that I hear... ex: Dante (Like from Clerks). But sometimes I just ask my sister because i do not feel like thinking of names.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I might just name my player character Soul, since I find that a cool name and I'm extremely creative owo Or I might just stick with Eps for the continuity from my Platinum cartridge. :'D

Knowing me, I'll just come up with something on the spot, though. n_n;;

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    If I can't think of one, I usually name the character some obscene profanity word.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Boy: Michael (My name.)
    Girl: Micki (My mom's nickname)

That's how I go about my characters~

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I don't know. I don't like repeating the exact name and I already named myself Ellie in Pearl and ♥Ellie♥ in Diamond, and then I couldn't think of a name for Platinum, so I named myself Cupcake... which got me made fun of by some of my friends :[. I might just think of a random girl's name that I happen to like at the moment, which I do often for my games.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I'm getting HeartGold, and my person will be a guy... and his name will be "Fireheart"!.... if it fits. If it doesn't fit, then I'm naming my character.... "Dusk"!

Back