• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Being bullied? Just act less gay, advise teachers

Years
The remark was implying that in general it's more difficult for minorities living in a state that's known to still hold on to some level of racism (If you'd like I can replace that with Texas where I have personal experience with it).

I think the difference between what you're saying and what I'm saying is that I'm not saying that people can't handle it, or anything about emotional states or what students to to deal with hardships. All I'm saying is that to assume that everyone has an easier time in school than they do in the real world is false and projecting your own experiences onto other people. I'm only objecting to the quote "being in school isn't that hard, it's actually quite easy in comparison to later life".
I would like to back up this point by using myself as an example. I had a very hard time in high school, but once I was out I found I had more going for me, more freedom, and I generally feel a lot better now than I did then.

I'm not saying that my life right now is a breeze because there are plenty of things that I have to do that are hard, but on the whole I'm handling everything much better, I'm happier, etc.

Back