• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Hacks That Have Been Abandoned/Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
  • This may as well be the fate of well over 90% of the hacks here. I like to call it the "Pokecommunity curse". A few of the most notable that I played that eventually got canned were Genesis, Identity, Toxic Purple, and Naranja.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    i played naranja found it awsome got as far as i could but i then found out no new betas were comeing as it stoped also qaurts that was stopped was good

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2018
    How about Pokemon Liquid Ocean ? Pokemon Naranja, Pokemon Mitic Island ? All pretty good hacks but all forgotten.

Years
  • Pokemon Azure Horizons by Frostbite seems forgotten. Last time I checked the thread was closed because no one was posting, and Frostbite hasn't made an update since January. Azure Horizons is better than many gen. 3 ROM Hacks. Pokemon WARPED seems to be an unknown ROM Hack and actually is quite good, with many changes and being comedic. I'm one of the few to give it Hack of the Month too.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Pokemon Azure Horizons by Frostbite seems forgotten. Last time I checked the thread was closed because no one was posting, and Frostbite hasn't made an update since January.

The hack may seem forgotten, but it definately isn't dead. I'm still working on it, I'm just not bothering to post any updates.

The hack will be finished in the future. :p

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Sienna, Turquoise, Marble, and Toxic Purple were some of the unfinished hacks that I was disappointed of not seeing anymore updates. I wonder if any hacks could match them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Naranja. This was the first hack I actually played, and while it isn't THE best hack out there, I still enjoyed it up until I couldn't continue. There are countless more, but I cannot think of any at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    well my top 5 would have to be.....i actually dont know i dont remember any i played....well i did play quartz...i HATE that game.. mainly cause i had it for gameboy advanced. (non comp) and it wouldn't let me in sotopolis.. now i know its because that was the last beta..... i do like so i guess i would say it would be pokemon times, mirage (translated one), orosol, and quartz.......my friend is extending quartz though.. but my first would have to be pokemon torzach

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2011
    The first hack series I played and enjoyed:
    Zel's Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X
    Remake of my favourite games (g,s,c)
    with some gen 3 pokémon in it
    The concept was great
    Nowadays people only care for gen 4 and 5 pokémon...

I've wanted to start my own hack once, but it's so much work...
    Just sticking with one concept is already hard lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back