• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best Moment of FR and LG?

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I'm sure we all remember our days spent in the Kanto region. There was the (most important choice of our childhood) Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur dilemma, defeating misty with Charmeleon, Crushing your rival, and Catching Mewtwo. Out of your experiences, which one was your favorite and why?

:3 cya in RSE!

Discuss!

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • Best Moment of FR and LG?

The screenshot isn't from FR or LG, but it's the same in those games. I lol'd so hard when I first read that line. It even got me to chuckle when on my most recent playthrough of LeafGreen. Best dialogue ever :P

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Best Moment of FR and LG?

The screenshot isn't from FR or LG, but it's the same in those games. I lol'd so hard when I first read that line. It even got me to chuckle when on my most recent playthrough of LeafGreen. Best dialogue ever :P

Lol. FR LG are better just because it looks and sounds better

Years
  • Gotta be when my Raichu fainted against Blue's Blastoise and I only got my Charizard left, wich proved he is not over-rated when crush that Blastoise with a single Fly attack.

On the game in general I guess it was when I get to go to the remaining islands and catching G/S/C pokemon and listening to Jhoto's music once again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it's when I defeated Lance. My Pokémon weren't fully trained at the time, and it was very hard for me to get through all of his Pokémon. Especially Dragonite. It used to take out my whole team single-handedly with Outrage. Yes, I was that bad at Pokémon training. xD Catching Mewtwo was also my favorite moment. I used to spend hours trying to catch this Pokémon, and it felt great when I finally caught it.

TY

When i defeated the E4 with everyone underleveled except for my Rhydon... It was hilarious seeing this and i used loads of revives and healing stuff, and i thought i would never make it.

Years
  • Finding my first ever wild shiny, a level 47 Pidgeotto. It turned out I was quite lucky with it not using whirlwind.

Sirfetch’d

For me it was the Sevii Islands because it was the biggest expansion from the originals. The VS Seeker was also a nice edition!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • My favorite memory was when I returned to Pallet Town after beating the Elite 4, I ran into a shiny Pidgey. :)

Kyros

Watching carefully
    Years
  • My favorite part had to have been when my Charmeleon evolved into a Charizard for the first time. Never used a single pokemon after that, in that play through. Nothing like beating the E4 at level 82.

Mackenzie

Say Somethin'!
    Years
  • Favorite part? Exploring the Sevii islands of course. :)

Nothing like having a little side-story (err, if you needed to trade with your rse friends, then it's not a side-story at all :p). Exploring pattern bush, meeting new trainer classes, and even defeating the remnants of team rocket (when will they ever quit) and helping out Lostelle (who knew hypno would be so scary). All the more challenging and fun, and this also establishes a connection with rse, as well as the existence of johto pokemon in the islands.

Years
  • My favorite moment of FireRed had to have been learning about the Sevii Islands. I honestly didn't know about them the first time I played the game, thinking it was just a remake that didn't really deviate from the original. I was in for quite a treat finding there was a lot more to do, which really increased my playtime on the game.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • my favorite was defeating Sabrina with a level 3 Pikachu( well ok it was my final pokemon that was not fainted, so it was a lucky thing)

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • Well, I've played through RBY/FRLG so many times that it makes me sick. lol But pretty much in any game the most satisfying part of it is beating the champion of the region. It's especially satisfying in the Kanto games because Blue is so arrogant it's nice to show him who's boss. {XD} Plus he has one of my favorite battle themes in the entire series.

I did really enjoy the Sevii Islands in the remakes though. It was a nice addition and gave the game a little more variety in things you can do. Kanto is such a simple region.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    That moment I learned that Islands 4-7 existed, about a year after I thought I finished the game after beating the Elite Four...

Back