• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Best Music From XY?

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Diantha's theme is so pretty and upbeat. I used to have that song on repeat a lot.

Years
The music in XY was awesome because they could finally make the jump to fully-produced/recorded soundtracks and weren't limited by MIDI anymore (although damn it if Game Freak don't nail the music every time).

I'm going to be potentially unpopular here, and say I did not dig the Gym Leader track in XY.

Prior to this gen, almost all battle themes are about 170bpm and above. Standard drum-and-bass tempo; keeps things and energetic, exciting. It's the same reason I didn't like a lot of Colosseum's music (genuinely.. what were they going for exactly?).

The Elite 4 and Champion themes successfully slap, though. Totally nailed them both. As for the town/city themes, I think Snowbelle City is my favourite. Its got this wistful feel to it that makes an otherwise ordinary town a little more interesting.

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
No one gives credit to minor town themes such as aquacorde (fun and bouncy.) and campfhire town themes (chill.) (they used these twice to prove how good they're. Ambrette and couriway town themes are these.) I mean are you kidding me, I listened and remembered each and every route theme! All of them sound like an epic quest. Route 1 is forgettable though, since it's just a pathway to aquacorde. Route 2 and 3 sound like new beginnings. Santalune forest, route 20, and the various caves that use this make it sound whimsical, fantasy like, and quite icy cold. Santalune city sounds like a spring polka. Routes 4, 5, 6, 7, and 22 use an amazing trumpet composition sounding like adventurous yet chill at the same time (possibly springlike?) . Let's admit, even if some play with the sound off, we always used the route 7 daycare path or lumiose city's prism tower plaza to hatch eggs. Lumiose sounds bright ,cheerful, and full of life since it's based off Paris France. Routes 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, jagged pass, and azure Bay sound like a rough journey ahead and a midway point in your quest. (Possibly summer like?) Cyllage city sounds like urban and modern in contrast to geosenge town sounding like an archaeology expedition. Shalour city despite having the longest town theme in the game, if I'm not mistaken, is mysterious yet evokes power and strength. Courmarine city with it's jazzy relaxing music. Route 14 is the only theme to use cave theme 2 to make it atmospheric as it rains a lot in this section of the map and supposed to make it sound creepy. Laverre lives up to it's theme in being a fairy tale book setting. Underappreciated routes 15, 16, and 17 sound like a hard struggling task, but there is hope, the twilight of your journey. (Sounds very autumn like, despite route 17 being completely covered in snow?) Anistar city theme possibly my most favorite theme from kalos. It's so mysterious yet so comforting. Routes 18, 19, and 21 sound so out of place. It really doesn't sound like the end of your adventure is near and in my opinion should've sounded wintery, but yet another spring like soundtrack. It sounds more like railroad way tracks, funny terminus cave has minecart tracks and that courtesy town has an abandoned train station. Not sure if this location play a role in legends 2, but that's a little off topic. Back to the rest of the soundtrack. Snowbelle city sounds wintery, snowy, icy, and cold. Very fitting, although wulfric is responsible for all the snow in this city, maybe Olympia and wulfric should've switched locations. There probably be no snow city though without wulfric being there. Victory road sounds less epic with tricks and tribulations ahead. Oh, but the elite 4 background theme is truly the peak of epiciness, sounds of the end time's are near. Then for the post game kiloude city and friend safari sound somewhat like a tropical vacation, why though? There are many trainer, important npc, atmospheric, and battle themes I recall as well, but my message rant is long enough to justify that the OST is not that forgettable. I play with sound on to listen to what the composers from Nintendo, game freak, and pokemon company have concocted. As well as to find my new favorite music from the games, which I find plenty of. Not all of them are my favorites and some do seem out of place for their settings. Hopefully with legends 2 will provide good remixes and reimaginations to this OST.

Last edited:
Years
Route 15, Diantha's theme and Snowbelle City are among my favorite; Route 15 especially is one of my favorite Pokemon themes of all times. It perfectly captures the triumphant and determined feeling of the late game with a subtle hint of bittersweetness thrown in.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
Route 15, Diantha's theme and Snowbelle City are among my favorite; Route 15 especially is one of my favorite Pokemon themes of all times. It perfectly captures the triumphant and determined feeling of the late game with a subtle hint of bittersweetness thrown in.
I was gonna mention I loved Route 15 but this just sums up everything I had to say. Exactly.

Maybe it's cheating but the inclusion of a piano track for Jubilife City that you can find in a random house in Snowbelle City brought me to tears when I heard it. It's a memory I associate very fondly with XY.
The themes for Santalune and Cyllage are some of my favourites, and I've always thought the more intense version of the Gym Leader theme when battling Korrina at the Tower of Mastery was really cool.

Back