• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Possible False swipe pokemon?

Darux

Its ya boi Guzma
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 25, 2017
    So I've decided to actually complete the full pokedex of S/M. It's my first time doing so and I have a perfect strategy for doing so: Quick balls, Great balls and False swipe. The only problem is I need a good pokemon to teach false swipe for lower level pokemon and In case I don't want to actually knock out the other pokemon. I'm looking for a pokemon with moves that can also cause status conditions, as this makes it easier to catch. I gave away my copy of OR so I only have pokemon bank with Y.
    I also probably need a guide too but I'll figure that one out myself

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
    Years
  • I usually go for a Breloom with Spore and False Swipe, but since Shroomish isn't available right now Parasect is an ok second choice, though make sure it doesn't have Effect Spore for an ability, that can be pretty annoying especially when S.O.S chaining.

Though ya, like pretty much anyone will say, Smeargle can fill almost any role you need at the cost of having abysmal stats.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I would say get that munchlax present from the GPL, it knows the moves happy hour and hold back. Hold back does the same as false swipes. And let munchlax, or when it evolves into a snorlex learn body slam and yawn.
    You get the following moveset:
    - Yawn
    - Body slam
    - Hold back
    - Happy hour

The first two are the status moves, hold back leaves with 1 HP and Happy hour is just their for stretching time, for SOS calls.
    I used this snorlax for completing my Pokédex.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I use a Lurantis as my False Swiper for Shiny Hunting

Whilst a disappointingly small number of Pokemon learn False Swipe I use Garchomp from time to time. Gabite isn't the easiest Pokemon to get hold of though.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • As for me, lately I rely on Ran the Lurantis to do the job. On occasion, I rely on either the event Munchlax (which is a Snorlax now) with the move Hold Back, or Rowlet lines as well.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • I'd have to agree Smeargle is where it's at. But mine is only level 35 so sometimes I use a random Pinsir for that. Good luck.

Vexingking

Complete Form
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    I filled my dex using the free munchlax. Darkbirts build is better than what I ran (didn't thoink to use body slam). It is especially great at sos chaining thanks to yawn. Yawn the target, faint the summoner then hold back the target and toss a pokeball!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I used Kommo-o, but Smeargle is probably a good option. If not, I think Kommo-o is pretty good as well. You can catch Jangmo-o at level 43 in Vast Poni Canyon and it evolves at level 45 and it's high enough level where it doesn't take too much damage from lower-leveled Pokemon

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Apart from the common False Swipers, some others to look out for are Fearow and Sneasel. They have Keen Eye so they're accuracy won't drop due to Sand-Attack which can be a big problem when SOS chaining certain Pokemon

Years
  • Right now I'm using Lurantis, but I've also used Pangoro before because of its hidden ability of Scrappy so I can catch ghosts.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    In OR I bred a Breloom called 'Catchoomall' just for this. False swipe, spoor and ability poison heal means hes good to go and survive well for catching stuff. Subsitute and another attack I believe I have cant remember what.

Im not going collecting fully until bank is out and I can transfer all my main bred teams across and my breeding mons.

Darux

Its ya boi Guzma
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 25, 2017
    I would say get that munchlax present from the GPL, it knows the moves happy hour and hold back. Hold back does the same as false swipes. And let munchlax, or when it evolves into a snorlex learn body slam and yawn.
    You get the following moveset:
    - Yawn
    - Body slam
    - Hold back
    - Happy hour

The first two are the status moves, hold back leaves with 1 HP and Happy hour is just their for stretching time, for SOS calls.
    I used this snorlax for completing my Pok?dex.

Didn't even think about that, Thanks!

Back