• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best Song in 3rd Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidenx2008

Beggining Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    I like Hoenn`s Verdanturf town BGM. IDK why? Just it`s so...SOFT.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    However, I'm a sucker for epic piano pieces that evoke emotion. The SS. Anne remix in the Oceanic Museum is one of the best pieces I've ever heard. It made me feel nostalgic when Emerald was the first Pokemon game I ever played. ;-; Verandturf Town is probably my favourite, although Emerald's ending song just made me shiver. It was just such an awesome song that just made me god "damn, that game was fun" when I finished.

I saw this thread and said, "Oh, I know this one! Oceanic Museum, Verdanturf, and the Credits ftw!" No joke. And then I got here and read this. o_O

Though if I had to add a track from FR/LG, I'd say the theme for Routes 11-15. It's makes me feel both nostalgic and adventurous at the same time.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Sometimes, I just love to kick back and listen to a tune or two from this generation. Then I go and play a popular Russian game on my computer. Beat the Golden DVD pack, FINALLY.

Really, you do know that Colloseum and XD count right?

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    I'm stuck between these:
    Cave of Origin
    Oceanic Museum
    Mt. Pyre Peak
    Frontier Brain Battle
    Shadow Lugia Battle
    Abandoned Ship (S.S. Cactus)

The Red Chain

I'd have to say the Regi & Weather Trio battle themes. 8D
    They fit the legendaries well, especially the Regi one.
    It sounds just like a robot operating. XD

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    I'm a fan of a lot of the RSE music. Mt. Pyre Peak, Ever Grande City, the Regi battle music, Cave of Origin/Meteor Falls, and The Elite 4 are among my favorites. GO HOENN!

Kelp

<3
    Years
    Well if I had to whittle all of the songs just down to three I'd have to say third place would go to the Regi's Battle music because the syncopated notes and awesome bass gives you a thrill while battling. Second would be the Sevii Isle theme just due to the nostalgia it gives off and the new instruments introduced as well, making it a personal favorite. Final my most favorite song of third gen would have to be the Abandon Ship music from R/S/E. I'm just a sap for song with a sense of distress and sorrow.

Close follow-ups were; Mt. Pyre (Peak), Pallet Town, and the R/S/E Champion theme.

This. I look forward to battling the Regi's all through the game. =)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like the R/S/E themes, especially the music in Slateport City (I sometimes leave the DS/GBA running so I can listen to the music). In FR/LG, however, I like to listen to the Kanto trainer battle music.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    i liked the lilycove and slateport theme.... and some routes like 104..... AND the music when u talk to a team aqua grunt ( before battling) so yea.. dunno about lg and fr...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmmm....the Sevii Isles where it's a remix of Violet City is nice...really good. Better than Hg/Ss version, in fact - less ott and irritating.

However, I also really like Slateport Oceanic Museum theme.

seocompany

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    I must say that it comes down to the Team Aqua theme Team Magma, Archie Maxie theme, the theme of Route 204, which sounds great and majestic. In addition, Victoria Road, Battle Elite Four and the Champion battle. Last but not least, Route 111. Favorite song of a generation.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, that's good to know, but it doesn't help your marketing strategy. Might try not reviving old threads next time, k? OH BUT WAIT. You're an adbot! So there won't be a next time!

I win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back