• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best things in life are free

Best things in life are free

• No way

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Yes they are

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Were are these free things I cant find them.

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Best things in life are free,,

How stupid must the guy who made that up have been, whats your take on this,

My opinion is "No way!!"

Seriously I wanna hear it, I keep hearing that line, Only in Icelandic and I don't agree with it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Maybe,

It depends on what your opinion on the best things in life are. If you're materialistic, like many of the teenagers, adults, and children living in today's society in a few countries are, then this quote will never mean anything to you. Now, this quote has absolutely nothing to do with materialistic things, and if you think that, you really need to do some research about it before saying something like that.

We all share many things that are free in a sense of using them. Sure they are all somehow linked to having spent some money on it, but regardless.

From my research, this quote came from a song written by B.G. DeSylva, Lew Brown, and Ray Henderson for a musical. And I strongly believe that these lyrics do mean everything.
    The moon belongs to everyone
    The best things in life are free,
    The stars belong to everyone
    They gleam there for you and me.
    The flowers in Spring,
    The robins that sing,
    The sunbeams that shine
    They're yours,
    They're mine!
    And love can come to everyone,
    The best things in life are free.

But honestly, things aren't always so direct. Learn the metaphoric terms of these quotes and you'll see that they are precise.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    There are a lot of good things in life. Some of the are free, some of them aren't....So I'll say maybe =P

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I find that love and companionship seem to be the best thing in my life and was free.

And if I buy 3 more coffees/hot chocolates/teas I get one free
    7 more bubble teas and I get one free :D

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    The sunlight, nature is terribly miserably.

None of the best things in life are free. They require an unimaginable originality to reach.

=]

This post is a lie.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    family is one of the best thins in my life. I know it sounds corny but I wouldn't trade off my mom or dad for all the money in the world. My sister mabye.....

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    family is one of the best thins in my life. I know it sounds corny but I wouldn't trade off my mom or dad for all the money in the world. My sister mabye.....
    :laugh: *claps* That was total ownage :P

Edit: P.S. I'll buy her for 2 cents :laugh: :x

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    It depends on who you are, really. And being myself, I can only judge for myself, so my answer would have to be Yes, the best things in life are, in fact, free. Yeah, a fancy new sports car would be nice, but would you trade your mother's love for one? I think not.
    If anyone answered yes to that last question, you... kinda need some help. ;_;

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    If you count finding love and companionship as free, then I would say yes. It doesn't cost you anything to find the right person, and when you do you'll be happier than any amount of money could ever make you.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Seconded with Gymnotide

Hey question, can you walk? Can you breathe? Can you wake up every day, possibly to the sunshine beating down on your face? That's free, and anyone should be extremely grateful for what they have that is indeed free.

Yes, in my opinion, the best things in life are free. So I completely agree with the saying.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I completely agree with the saying. Love, friendship, basic body functions and much more things we take for granted are free.

Of course, it depends on what your definition of thing is.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Well, some of the best things are free, some you must earn, thus I said maybe...

Actually, after seeing this post, I'm going to go back on my word. If I could change my poll answer, I would choose Maybe instead. As RyuKun says, you must earn some things. Sure, love, friendship and trust are some of the best things in life, but you must earn them.

It really goes to show how many people envision 'free' as 'not having to pay any money'. Including myself. As Oni says, it really depends what your definition of 'thing' and 'free' are.

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
    Absolutely nothing in life is free. Everything costs one thing, at the very least - time.

But, in the sense of the things that don't cost money being the best things in life...it would depend on how materialistic you are, I suppose.

Back