• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
  • As the nurse healed his worn out pokemon, Kliff saw to clearing all of his things out of the room he was using. Lauren still had some things lying around, so he would have to meet up with her and give her the key.

Ziping up his jacket, he left the room, locked the door, and proceeded into the main waiting area. Nurse Joy was still in the back, presumably nursing his pokemon. He took the time to just sit down and daydream. Remembering the badge case he bought in Rustboro, he took the Cobble badge from his inside jacket pocket and placed it in next to the Stone badge. Kliff admired his little collection - so far so good.

"Kliff Carterson?"

Kliff looked up and saw Nurse Joy with Gella and Zabe, both out of their pokeballs and happy to get some fresh air. He got up and walked over to the three,

"I noticed your Tangela's vines got snapped," the nurse said, "it's nothing to worry about. Tangela have a natural ability to grow their vines back in a couple of days." Kliff smiled, that was a relief,

"Thanks very much," he said as he retrieved the two pokemon to their pokeballs. He left the centre and checked his pokenav,

"Right... where the hell am I going..." he mumbled as he pressed numerous buttons, "Apparently the third Gym's in Mauville City, so my best course would be to go to Slateport City from here." He pocketed the device and headed for the dock. The first thing he needed to do when he got there was train Tok - she was still pretty weak and didn't have a great amount of battle experience.

As he approached the pier, Kliff suddenly halted and changed direction. He had a key to deliver first.

The cave remained dark and eerie looking. Kliff sighed as he realised he might need to go inside in order to find Lauren. Luckily for him, she could be seen leaving the place. They both caught sight of each other and quickened their pace,

"Hey Kliff," Lauren said, "How'd the match go?"

Kliff smiled, "It was a close one, but Zabe eventually pulled through and won the match,"

"That's great!" she exclaimed, "I've been busy too, while I was training I found a new pokemon!"

"Oh?" Kliff replied as Lauren released her new catch. It was a small, tan pokemon with a bandana - or a jaw?

Mawile: the Deceiver pokemon. Its giant jaws are actually steel horns that transformed. It fools foes into complacency with its adorable gestures, then chomps them with its huge jaws.

"She puts up a great fight," Lauren began, "Lotad was lucky she didn't get eaten!"

Kliff simply stared with a queer look at the wierd thing infront of him - it had an extra mouth on the back of its head? Hoenn was just freakin' wierd,

"If that's so then Brawly's in for a treat," he laughed, "Listen, I'm done here on this island, and I've cleared all my stuff out of the room." he brought out the yellow key, "Your stuff's still there, so here's the key." Kliff plopped the key into Lauren's hand,

"Oh, thanks!" she said gratefuly, "Well," she began to walk back to the centre, "we'll catch up later!"

Kliff waved, "I look forward to it. Good luck!"

With all that out of the way, he once more set a course for the pier.

(OOC: My last Dewford post :P)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles was sitting in the Pokemon Center, trying to figure out where he was supposed to go to next. Then, he ehard hsi name being called. "Miles Rail?"
    Miles looked and saw that it was Nurse Joy who was calling him. Miles walked over to her and said, "Yeah, what is it Nurse Joy?" Nurse Joy looked at him and said, "Professor Maple told me that she wants to have a Ferry Pass to be downloaded into your pokedex." Miles blinked. "A Ferry Pass? What's that?"

"It's a pass that allows trainers to ride ferries to the diffrent cities around Hoehn. It's quite useful." Nurse Joy said. Miles nodded, pulled out his pokedex and said, "So, what do I do to get the Ferry Pass?" Nurse Joy replied, "If you just give me your pokedex, I'll download it into your pokedex. Professor Maple had other things to attend to, so she can't do it right now." Miles just nodded and handed her his pokedex.

He sat down and relaxed in the lobby until she called him and gave it back to him.

"Now all you have to do is go to Route 115 and you'll see the port that ahs the ferries. The one you need to take to go to your next gym will be the only one running at this time." Miles nodded and said thanks to Nurse Joy and exited the Pokemon Center to go to Route 115 to the port.

"Wow..."

There were several ferries in teh water around the port. Some were small, while others were huge. Miles looked around at all of the ferries, trying to find the only one that was running, just as Nurse Joy told him. So far, he hadn't seen any that were running. Then, he saw a line of kids, which he assumed were trainers, going into a ferry, showing a man what Miles guessed was the Ferry Pass. He walked over to the ferry and went to the man.

The man looked at Miles with a raised eyebrow. Miles guessed that was because this man might be mistaking him for being younger than he really was. "Ferry Pass?"

Miles pulled out his pokedex from his pocket and showed it to the man. "It's in here," Miles said. The man stared at the pokedex, and Miles guessed that the Ferry Pass must have automatically popped up on the screen because the man said, "Go ahead."

Miles entered the ferry and looked around. There were several trainers around him, some talking about pokemon, others talking about battles, things like that. Then, Miles heard someone yell, "Heey!! You!!! With the bandanna wrapped around your arm!!"

Miles looked over to see the owner of the voice, he knew whoever it was was talking to him because he was the only one who had a bandanna wrapped around his arm.

A young boy, probably 101 or 12 years old, ran up to Miles and said, "Hey, weakling!! Battle me!! And don't say no because you're to weak!!" Miles said, "Sure, I'll battle you." The boy only laughed and said, "I sure hope you're ready to get humiliated when I beat you!!" Miles just smiled and said, "Sorry, but I don't think I'll lose this battle."

The boy led Miles to a battleground, where there were several courts. Some had trianer sand pokemon battling each other, while others were emtpy. Miles and the boy walked into an empty court, and the boy yelled, "How about a 2 on 2 battle?!"

Miles pulled out a pokeball smiling and said, "That's fine with me."

The boy pulled out a pokeball yelling, "Alright then!! Go, Poochyena!!"
    "Poooch!!"

A small black and gray puppy emerged from the pokeball. Miles recognized it from the route he went through on his way to Rustboro City.

The boy beamed, and said "Scared now, aren't ya?!"

Miles just smiled and said, "Nope. Not really. Come on, let's go, Taillow!!!" The small bird pokemon came out form it's pokeball and flapped it's wings in the air. "Taaaailllowww!!"

The boy seemed angry at Miles comment and yelled, "Alright, Poochyena, Tackle that dumb bird!!" Poochyena jumped and tried to hit Taillow, but Taillow simply glided away from Poochyena, making it miss. Frustrated, the boy yelled, "Try again, Poochyena!!" The puppy pokemon once again jumped in the air to hit Taillow, but Taillow moved out of the way again, avoiding the attack easily.

"Use peck while it's still in the air!" Miles yelled. Taillow dived down to the falling puppy and pecked it before it hit the ground. Poochyena yelped in pain and hit the ground.

"HEY!!! That's CHEATING!!!" The boy yelled, obviously frustrated. "No it's not, Taillow just avoided your attacks and I attacked back." Miles said.

The boy, now seeming somewhat embaressed and frustrated yelled, "Poochyena, use Howl!"

"Taillow, use Focus Energy then use Quick Attack, and follow it up with Peck!!" Miles yelled. Poochyena howled, but Taillow had an orange energy gather around it's body, and he divided down with great speed and hit the Poochyena. Then, Taillow pecked at Poochyena before it had time to react and flew back up into the air.

"Now, use Quick Attack again!!" Miles yelled, and Taillow divided down again and hit Poochyena before the boy could yell another order.

"P-poochyena...!" Poochyena shook for a bit, then collapsed to the ground. The boy returned Poochyena silently, and Miles did the same with Taillow. The boy took out another pokeball, saying "You're gonna get it now!!"

Miles just smiled and said "Give me all you got!!!"

"Go, Dustox!!" the boy yelled and a weird, moth looking pokemon came out of the pokeball. "Dussstox."

Miles blinked. He hadn't seen that pokemon before. He heard a beep from his pokedex in his pocket, and he pulled it out.

It said "Dustox, a nocturnal pokemon. It violently flutters its wings to scatter a tixic dust when attacked. It becomes active after sunset."

The boy yelled, "This Dustox is my strongest pokemon!! I raised it from a Wurmple!"

Miles just said "Well, it'll be a good fight then! Go, Ponyta!" Ponyta came out of teh pokeball and whinied. Miles saw the boy make a look of worry, but then he yelled, "Dustox, use Tackle!!"

Dustox tackled right into Ponyta, who whinied in alarm. Miles yelled, "Ponyta, use Ember on it!!" Ponyta opened her mouth and small flames shot out of her mouth onto the moth pokemon.

"D-Dustoxx!!" Dustox flew around, paniced from being hit by flames, it's weakness. "Now Ponyta, use Tail Whip and Tackle!" Miles yelled.

Ponyta galloped towards Dustox and smacked it's fiery tail on Dustox's wing, panicing it even more. Then, Ponyta tackled the moth pokemon. Dustox fluttered around in the air, pretty much beaten, but the boy yelled, "Dustox, use Gust!!"

Little whirlwinds of air appeared and hit Ponyta. "Poonyta!!"

"Ponyta, use Ember to finish this battle!" Miles yelled, knowing that this would be the final blow since the Dustox was nearly knocked out. Small flames shot out of Ponyta's mouth and gathered around Dustox.

"Dussstox!!!" The moth pokemon cried in pain. It crashed to the ground, defeated. The boy returned Dustox and looked over at Miles, saying, "You win..."

Miles just nodded, told Ponyta that she did a good job, which made her give a happy whinnie, and returned her.

After that, he went to go find the Pokemon Center on the boat to get his team healed and to get a room to relax in.

Last edited:

Zeph.

Years
  • Vs. Feebas

(OOC: Dammit! Sly slls putting the next route up there xD)

Kliff grinned as his timing was near perfect - there was a small ferry at the pier setting sail in five minutes. Walking past an usher, showing him his Ferry Pass, Kliff made his way up the ramp and into the boat. It was pretty similar to the one at Rustboro. First thing he did was find an empty cabin and dump his stuff off there. He noticed how hungry he was, and set out in a serch for lunch on the ship.

----------

With a satisfied stomach, Kliff walked onto the deck, letting the open sea air catch his face. The boat had long left Dewford behind at this point, and there was nothing but open waters to see for miles.

"Hey there sonny!" an old voice said from next to him. Kliff turned and saw a man in his fifties sitting on a small chair, fishing rod cast out over the side of the ferry, "Tell me, ever tried your hand at fishing?"

Kliff shook his head, "To be honest no. Can't say I have,"

The man laughed, "Well today's your lucky day!" he held out a second fishing rod, "Here, you can borrow this!"

Kliff hesitantly took the rod from the man and stood at the railings,

"Why don't you try catching a pokemon with that rod there?" the man said. Kliff nodded - that appealed to him. He threw the line out and waited. That was the thing about fishing - too much waiting. After a few moments there was a tug and Kliff immideately reeled his catch in.

Only to see the famous red karp at the end, flailing helplessly,

Magikarp: the Fish pokemon. Magikarp is virtually useless in battle as it can only splash around. As a result, it is considered to be weak. However, it is actually a very hardy Pokémon that can survive in any body of water no matter how polluted it is.

"Oh look," the fisherman said, trying to sound enthusiastic, "...a Magikarp."

Kliff scoweled - if he'd wanted a Magikarp then he would have just stayed in Kanto. Reeling it in and freeing it from the bait at the end, Kliff tossed it back into the water.

"No worries kid, we all gotta start somewhere!" the man said, "Have another go!"

Kliff repeated the same actions - tossing the line out and resting the rod against the rails. He sat down and waited again. However it wasn't too long before the rod began jumping about. Quickly, he grabbed it and began reeling the catch in. With a pull, he hauled the thing onto the deck where it flopped about like a... well, a fish.

There were a number of oohs and aahs from the passengers nearby - especially the fishermen. Kliff scanned this one,

Feebas: the Fish pokemon. Feebas's fins are ragged and tattered from the start of its life. Because of its shoddy appearance, this Pokémon is largely ignored. It is capable of living in both the sea and in rivers.

"Kid, you don't know how rare that thing is!" the fisherman exclaimed, even standing up off of his seat, "This could well be the catch of a lifetime!"

Kliff stood in disbelief - that thing? The 'catch of a lifetime'? It looked like Hoenn's shoddy version of Magikarp. Nonetheless, if what the guy said was true,

"Okay Tok! Time to start training," Kliff said as he released the Togepi.

"Tokiprrrri!" The small pokemon hopped up and down in excitement, scars still visible on its shell,

"Ready Tok? Start off with..." Kliff checked her on the pokedex, "Growl!" Tok stopped bouncing and growled cutely at the flailing Feebas, causing it to stop,

"Now use-" Kliff began, before realising the only attacking move Tok had was Mirror Move, "...never mind. Just wait until I say what to do."

Tok waited, as too did Feebas, before the latter pokemon suddenly used its tail to propell itself into Tok. A basic Tackle attack.

"Baaah!" Tok squealed as she was thrown back by the force,

"Don't worry Tok! Use Mirror Move!" Kliff called over to her. Tok regained balance and then a transparent square formed infront of it. It faded as the Togepi charged for Feebas, hitting it square in the head. Febbas bounced and slipped backwards numerous times across the deck, before coming to a gradual stop. It paused, before leaping high in the air and flapping its tail and fins about madly. Kliff nearly laughed at the Splash attack.

Unfortunately, Tok - thinking that it looked pretty fun - took it upon herslef to use Mirror Move. She too began to leap in the air, spinning and flailing about madly.

"Toki! Toki!" Kliff performed a facepalm,

"C'mon Tok, no time for games!" he said. By this time, Feebas was once more shooting towards Tok with Tackle,

"Feeebass!"

"Quick Tok! Use Charm!" Kliff ordered. Tok put on the cutest face possible and winked at the oncoming fish. Even the onlookers could be heard going, "Awwww,"

Feebas blushed, and when it came to Tok, it merely nudged it with its attack. Kliff smirked - both Growl and Charm lowered Feebas's attack dramatically. It had no chance,

"Now, Mirror Move!" he said. Tok performed the same action with the square and then rammed into Feebass. The fish pokemon slid back one more, looking pretty weak now,

"Well enough's enough," Kliff said casually as he walked over and picked up Feebas by the tail. He walked over to the side of the ferry and threw it back into the water, much to the dismay of the gasping fishermen,

"What are you doing?!" the man who helped Kliff said in disbelief, "You let it go!"

Kliff shrugged, "C'mon - it was pathetic," he said, "No better than a Magikarp."

With that, he returned Tok to her pokeball and headed back inside the boat.

(OOC: Yea... Togepower xD)

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • @Neku - I'm liking the enthusiasm you're showing so far :)

Congratulations Taillow grew to Level 9
    Congratulations Ponyta grew to Level 12

@Zeph. - Wow, Kliff hooks a Feebas then just lets it go???? He will be really pissed if he every comes across a Milotic... Still great post :)

Congratulations Togepi (Tok) grew to Level 5

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles heard Nurse Joy say "Miles Rail, your pokemon have been restored to full health." Miles walked over to the desk where Nurse Joy waited with the giant machine that healed pokemon. He took his pokeballs form her and said thanks.

Miles walked out of the Pokemon Center area of the ferry. He walked down a few hallways, passing several other trainers who were talking to each other. He stopped when he reached his room number, and opened the door.

The room looked simple enough, a bed, table, lamp... And a few other things.

Miles sat down on the bed and took out his Stone Badge.

Soon... I'll get my second badge,Miles thought. He put the badge back into his pocket, then laid down on the bed and shut his eyes.

"Heeeelllloooo passengers! We will soon reach our destination, Dewford City!! But, until then, just relax or battle!!" a voice from an intercom said.
    Miles opened his eyes and looked around his room. Maybe I should battle to kill time until we get to Dewford City, Miles thought.

He got up and then left the cabin. He walked down the hallways towards the battleground area of the ferry. There were quite a few trainers battling in the courts. He looked around, trying to find someone to battle.

"Looking for someone to battle?"

Miles turned to look at the owner of the voice. A boy, maybe his age, had a pokeball in his hand. Miles responded, saying "Yeah."

"Well, let's go then." The two of them went to a court that didn't have any trainers battling in it.

"2 on 2 good with you?", to boy said, still holding his pokeball staring at Miles.

"That's just fine with me," Miles replied, pulling out a pokeball.

"Then let's get started!! Ralts, you're up first!!" the boy yelled, throwing his pokeball. A small, little pokemon that ahd red horn on it's head came form the pokeball.

"Raalts..."

Miles threw his pokeball, yelling, "Come on, Zigzagoon!!" The little racoon appeared, barking "Zigzagoon!!"

"Alright Zigzagoon, start zig-zagging to confuse Ralts!!" Miles yelled.
    Zigzagoon zigged and zagged around Ralts. The small little pokemon started looking around in diffrent direction, saying "Ralts.. Ralts..."

"Zigzagoon, use Tackle!!" Miles yelled.

"Ziig!!" Zigzagoon made a quick leap from the last spot it had zig-zagged too, ready to hit Ralts.

"Ralts, use teleport!!" the boy yelled, and the small pokemon disapeared as soon as Zigzagoon was about to hit it. This suprised both Miles and Zigzagoon.

It can teleport...? Miles thought, and Zigzagoon looked around, panicing, trying to find Ralts.

Miles yelled "Zigzagoon, run!" But Miles was too late. Ralts had appeared behind the small racoon, and the boy had yelled, "Now use Confusion!"
    Zigzagoon yelped as a blue wall fo energy hit it, sending it rolling across the floor. But the little racoon got up after the attack. Miles frowned.

That teleporting would be a problem, but he was sure that the Ralts teleporting was probably because it couldn't take hit. If he just landed a good hit on that Ralts, he was sure he'd be able to beat it.

"Zigzagoon, use Tail Whip on the ground" Miles started and the boy laughed and said, "What's that going to do to my Ralts?"

But Miles wasn't finished, he continued as Zigzagoon immediatly followed Miles' first order and finished by saying "Use a Tackle then use Tail Whip again and follow up with Headbutt!!"

Zigzagoon launched itself off the ground with its bushy tail and headed straight for the Ralts. The boy, alarmed, yelled, "Quick, Ralts, use-" but it was too late. Zigzagoon ahd already tackled right into Ralts.

"Raaalts!!"

Miles smiled. He had been right. The Ralts couldn't take a hit. Then, Zigzagoon, remembering the last order, used another Tail Whip to launch itself off the ground and crashed into the Ralts head-first before its trainer could yell another order.

The Ralts collapsed to the ground, knocked out. The boy frowned and returned Ralts. He pulled out another pokeball, and said "Are you ready?"

Miles returned Zigzagoon after telling it that it did a good job and pulled out another pokeball. "Yup." Miles replied.

"Go, Shroomish!!" the boy yelled. The small mushroom pokemon appeared and grunted, "Shroom!!"

Miles yelled, "Let's finish this up, Taillow!!" The small bird pokemon appeared and squaked, "Taillow!!"

The boy frowned, but he yelled, "Shroomish, use Stun Spore!!"

Yellow dust came from the mushroom pokemon, and floated up to Taillow.

Taillow squaked in panic, it's wings flapping for a few moments, then freezing completly and flalling to the ground a bit before being able to flap upwards again.

Miles frowned, Taillow had been paralyzed. "Taillow, use Quick Attack!" Miles yelled.

Taillow dived down, and Miles hoped that he wouldn't freeze up, and luckily he didn't. Taillow hit Shroomish then flapped upwards the best it could.

"Shroomish, use Absorb!"

A green light came from Shroomish and went up to Taillow. The green light gathered around Taillow, then went back to Shroomish, giving it energy that it stole from Taillow.

"Taiilow, use Peck!" Miles yelled. Taillow dived down to hit Shroomish, but unfortunatley, it froze up at the last minute and fell into the ground, missing the mushroom pokemon.

"Shroomish, use Tackle!!" the boy yelled. The mushroom pokemon waddled over on its stubby little legs and tackled into Taillow, who was trying to recover from its fall to the ground.

"Tailloww!" Taillow cried in pain. Miles frowned, but Taillow managed to get into the air again. "Taillow, use Peck again!!" Miles yelled.

Taillow once again dived down to hit the mushroom, and Miles hoped that Taillow would hit the mushroom pokemon. And he did. Taillow had managed to hit Shroomish with it's beak, and it was a critical hit right to the face.

The little mushroom toddled a little bit back and forth on its stubby legs before hitting the ground, unconsious. The boy returned his Shroomish and Miles returned Taillow, proud that the little bird pokemon managed to win despite being affected by the Stun Spore.

Then, the intercom came on, saying "All passengers, we have made our destination at Dewford City. Those who are getting off should do so. Thank you."

Miles smiled, thinking, Finally, time to get my second badge!

Then he left the battleground to get off at the port.

Zeph.

Years
  • Vs. Riolu & Shuppet

After letting Tok rest up for about an hour, Kliff found that sitting in his room on the ferry was boring. These things usually had battles going on, so he decided to go check it out.

After walking down a few corridors, he found the main battle area. There were a few pitches marked out for organised battles. Within the crowds, he could hear two loud cheers,

"That makes four in a row!"

"Come on: anyone who thinks they can beat us come on up!"

Kliff pushed his way through to see two boys - one with blond hair, and a basic shirt and jeans, the other with a hat, baggy pants and a waistcoat. They each gave a Super Potion to their pokemon - a small, blue, bipedal dog and a purple floating... thing,

Riolu: the Emanation pokemon. The aura that emanates from its body intensifies to alert others if it is afraid or sad.

Shuppet: the Puppet pokemon. This Pokémon roams about deep in the night seeking such negative emotions as grudges and envy. It retreats to its nest when the sun begins to rise.

Kliff smirked. Why not? He'd been faced with worse.

"I'll give it a go," he announced, walking to the other side of the field. The two boys looked him up and down, not totally convinced,

"Okay, you and who else?" the blond asked,

Kliff paused, "No, just me." he said calmly. There were some murmers among the crowd, and the hatted boy laughed,

"Big mistake pal! Okay Riolu, you're up again!" he said. The Riolu nodded and hopped into battle position,

"Likewise, Shuppet!" Shuppet took its place, floating next to Riolu - both wore looks of confidence.

However so did Kliff, "Tok! Zabe! Let's go!" he announced, tossing his two pokeballs into the air. Tok and Zabe simultaneously burst out onto the field. Both were laughing, however Zabe was doing so menacingly, while Tok more innocently.

The hatted one laughed again, "What a wimp! Riolu, put that little baby out of its misery!" he shouted pointing at Tok.

"Riio!" the small dog growled as it ran in for Tok. Kliff grinned,

"Zabe, take the hit," he said calmly. Zabe chuckled as it jumped right infront of Riolu as it attacked with Force Palm. Being a ghost type, the move went right through the imp pokemon.

"Astonish" Kliff ordered - testing to see if Zabe could pull off its new move.

"Sableye!" Zabe blurted as it put on a menacing face, giving Riolu the fright of its life. It was hurled back in the process, sparking a reaction from the other boy,

"Shuppet! Use your own Night Shade on Sableye!" he called out. The floating cloth did so, and Zabe's attack ceased - however it stood strong against the attack,

"Perfect! Now Tok - use Mirror Move!" Kliff commanded.

"Prrrii!" the Togepi chirped as it created a square shape. Suddenly, a Night Shade attack fired out from its own tiny eyes right at Shuppet. The opposing Pokemon was struck,

"Peeetttt!!" it screamed. Kliff smirked - ghost was super effective on itself.

The boy with the hat growled, "Riolu! Use Foresight!" Kliff supressed a scream - he was really sick of that move!

Riolu glared at Zabe with two small lasers. They hit the ghost pokemon, coating it in red sparks. Kliff wasn't too worried - he'd got through this before,

"Don't worry Zabe! Use Leer on Riolu!" he shouted. Zabe's eyes flashed brightly at Riolu, who took a step back,

"Now use Scratch!" Kliff ordered. Zabe leapt in the air, bringing a clawed hand down on Riolu's head. The small dog wimpered in pain as it stumbled onto one knee,

"Shuppet! Knock Off on Togepi!" the blond boy called to his pokemon. Shuppet flew in for Tok, its horn glowing black,

"Roll Tok!" Kliff commanded. Many of the onlookers were confused, giving him funny looks - however Tok had a faint idea of the plan. Just before Shuppet struck, she tucked her limbs in and rolled to the side, dodging the attack. She stopped rolling directly behind Shuppet,

"Now use Mirror Move!" Kliff said with a faint grin - this would be another effective move. Tok performed her mirror actions, then slammed into Shuppet with a black fist. The ghost pokemon cried out and fell to the floor, gasping for breath.

"No, Shuppet!" its trainer cried, "Screech quick!"

"Shhhupaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

It was the most deafening thing Kliff had ever heard. He clenched his hands over his head as if it were about to explode, similar to everyone else on the boat. The Riolu trainer took the chance,

"Quick Attack!" he screamed over the piercing Screech. Riolu, fighting through the noise, shot towards Zabe at great speed - white streak behind it. Zabe, groaning with his hands over his ears - wherever they were - was struck full force, being sent tumbling head over heels.

"Tokiprrriprriprri!!" Kliff groaned - now Tok was crying because of Screech.

"For God sake!!" he cried, "Zabe! Make it stop!!"

Zabe, still wincing, fired a Night Shade attack, hitting the screeching Shuppet. The attack hit its mark, causing the ghost pokemon to stop - and then faint.

Everyone sighed as the terrible noise stopped. There was a wierd ringing in Kliff's ears now, and he rubbed them with his fingers in an attempt to clear his hearing,

"Riolu!" the hatted boy said loudly, still adjusting to the new noise level, "Force Palm that Togepi!"

"Ryou!" the Riolu grunted as its palm glowed blue and it ran in for a scared Togepi,

"Tok! Use Charm!" Kliff ordered. Tok put on her cutest face and winked at Riolu, causing the dog to stop in sympathy. Instead it turned to another option - Zabe. It threw its arm forward and launched the attack. Foresight's effects still lingering, Zabe cried out in pain as the attack winded him.

Now Zabe was on his knees, facing Riolu. Though it didn't go through with attacking Tok, Charm still lowered the attack power enough for Zabe to remain conscious. Kliff paused,

"Use Leer!" he called out,

"Sable..." Zabe muttered as it flashed its eyes at Riolu. The dog pokemon gave an intimidated look. Its trainer simply tutted,

"Riolu, use-"

"Mirror Move!" Kliff interupted. There was a thud, and Riolu's eyes suddenly went wide as it froze in pain. Behind it stood Tok, arm outstretched and glowing blue.

"Toki!" it said happily,

"Ryuuu..." Riolu collapsed. Leer had done the trick.

There were a few cheers as both Kliff and the hat wearing kid withdrew their pokemon. He stormed off, however the other boy threw something at Kliff's feet,

"I guess you won these..." he said before following the other boy.

Kliff picked up his prize - a sack of money and two Super Potions.

"Sweet," he mumbled.

Still fiddling with his ears, he walked in the direction of the on board Pokecentre.

(OOC: Woo! Teamwork pwns! :P)

Last edited:

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • Sam was growling in fury.

"Brawley, I'm going to destroy you…I swear…" Brawley backed up, almost in fear.

"Calm down, man. If I knew it was you, I wouldn't have done that, I swear!" For some reason this just added to Sam's fury.

"So you're saying you do this to ANYONE?! That's it, you're going down! Sableye, get in there!" He threw the ball in fury. The purple Pokémon appeared, looking around evilly. He then turned to face Sam, suddenly jumping back in fear.

"Sable?" it looked him over. Sam grinned in the same evil manner Sableye had.

"Sableye, I'm gonna need all of your power this time, alright? So let's GO!" he roared. Sableye backed up in fear before nodding nervously. Brawley looked at him, almost in worry.

"Umm…Sam? Are you sure you're okay?" he asked. Sam grinned.

"Totally! You're gonna be the one who isn't when I'm done with you! Sableye, get in there, Scratch it!" Sableye leapt forward, grinning wildly again. He swung his claw down on Machop, who naturally raised one hand to defend. Sam scowled. Even after everything Mime Jr. had done, it still had some fight in it. He would just have to change that.

"Grr…USE SEISMIC TOSS!" Brawley recalled the same cursed move he'd used to crush Mime Jr., but Sam couldn't help but grin, his face full of malice. Machop tried to grip Sableye, but his hands passed straight through the dark Pokémon. "What the hell?!"

Sam shrugged in a mocking manner. "Shoulda paid attention, Brawley. Sableye's a ghost type, too! That means no touchy! Go, Night Shade!" Two beams of pure darkness shot from Sableye's gem eyes, crashing into Machop, who jumped back, his hand coming out of Sableye. Brawley looked worried…much to Sam's content.

"How the hell am I supposed to…oh! Right! Foresight!" Sam filled with dread at the sound of the word. If that move performed according to plan, he was in hot water for sure. Sableye had also figured out what was going on, as he leapt into the air, avoiding the quick red beam.

"How does it…?!" Brawley demanded. Sam snickered; Brawley was really getting it rough this time.

"Does what, avoids attacks? It's strong, that's how! Go, use Leer!" Sableye's eyes flashed, causing Machop to blink, being stunned. Now was his chance! "And hit it, Scratch!" Sableye leapt forward, smashing Machop with his claw. The grey creature slid backward in pain.

"Ugh…why are you so GOOD?!" Brawley yelled. Sam grinned, more out of cockiness. He had to show his confidence now more than ever. He had to get Brawley mad more than ever now.

"'Cause I'm the best, Brawley! Go, Night Shade!" Sableye leapt up, firing two more bursts of darkness from his eyes, but these sadly missed, breaking the ground up. This gave Machop the opening he needed.

"Come on! Foresight!" Sam scowled as the red beams flew from Machop once more, hitting Sableye. Brawley grinned. "Not so untouchable any more are ya?!"

"…doesn't matter. I'm not losing! Go, Leer again!" Sableye's eyes flashed, but Machop was already charging.

"It won't matter how much lower my defenses go! Karate Chop it for the win!" Sam growled. With the ghost type immunity taken away, Sableye was in for major damage with that dark half of him. Sighing, he did the only thing he could.

"Scratch, go for the hand!" Sableye, moving so infinitely faster than Machop, swung a clawed hand and hit the creature hard in the wrist. Machop pulled back in pain, growling at Sableye. "Now hit it, Night Shade!"

"Quick, dodge it!" Machop leapt out of the way just in time to dodge the shot of dark energy. "Now Seismic Toss!" Machop charged and Sam quickly tried to think of something that might work for defense. One simple strategy seemed to come to mind…

Machop grabbed Sableye by the leg, spinning. "NOW THROW IT!" Machop was about to throw Sableye when Sam started his plan.

"Quick, Night Shade!" Another quick burst of darkness shot out, hitting Machop hard in the head. He threw Sableye, but it was weak and the creature landed easily. "Now finish it off with Scratch!" Sableye leapt forward, smashing his hand into Machop's chest. The grey, human-like creature went flying, eventually crashing hard into the wall. He fell to the ground, obviously knocked out.

"No…I really just…no. Machop's down?!" Sam grinned in another evil manner.

"Now do you get it? I'm not losing this fight…got it?" Brawley looked him over, almost with a new respect.

"…I see. Well then, fair enough. Go…Makuhita!" Sam sighed at the words; just like Matt.

The yellow Pokémon appeared, it was defiantly a Makuhita. Having fought one before, Sam remembered a couple of things. First, it was fat and heavy. Second, with Sableye's ghost type immunity beaten down, the fighting type moves Makuhita was known for were gonna be hell.

"Well, Sam! You're good but not good enough to beat Makuhita! You may as well just give up. Your Sableye's been struck and now I'll destroy you! Arm Thrust!" Sam recognized this move. This one would be hard to dodge.

"Quick, dodge it!" Sableye did a sort of back handspring to dodge the first thrust, then jumped back past the others. Makuhita put up a valiant effort while trying to smash the agile Pokémon but failed, breathing heavily after the last shot missed. Sam saw his chance.

"Quick, get in there with Scratch!" Sableye grinned and leapt forward at Makuhita, trying to smash the yellow beast under the claw. Unfortunately, Makuhita was better than Sam had expected.

"Catch it and use Vital Throw!" Makuhita moved with amazing speed, grabbing Sableye's arm. With a quick spin, he was sent flying for a wall. With a crash, Sam craned his neck to see Sableye standing up, growling. He was glaring over at Makuhita, who was looking at him in the way Brawley had looked at Mime Jr. earlier. It for some reason just annoyed Sam.

"Grr…GO! Use Leer!" Sableye's eyes flashed as Brawley chuckled.

"Won't work anymore! Use Bulk Up, now!" Makuhita's body began to glow and suddenly, Sam could tell it had suddenly gotten a tad more lean. Sableye growled as Sam suddenly realized this meant lowering Makuhita's defense was worth nothing anymore.

"Hit it with Fake Out!" Makuhita ran up to Sableye, then clapped his hands. Sableye jumped back in shock.

"…and what good was that?" Sam asked. Brawley grinned.

"It doesn't just boost my defense. Go, use Tackle!" Makuhita charged at Sableye, who barely managed to dodge out of the way. Makuhita crashed into the wall, exerting more strength that Sam expected. "It also boosts my attack!"

Sam growled. How was he supposed to beat an opponent like this one? He'd just have to find out. Still, Makuhita wasn't exactly fast or able to hit a moving target; maybe he could use that.

"…fine then! Go, use Scratch!" Sableye leapt forward, smashing his hand down hard. Makuhita was scratched across the face, then turned to look at Sableye.

"Show it again! Use your Arm Thrust!" Makuhita slammed one arm out, smashing hard into Sableye's gut. The purple creature flew in an arc through the air, crashing in the middle of the arena. "Now jump on it and use Tackle!"

Makuhita charged forward, leaping into the air. He flew in an arc, ready to fall on Sableye. Sam suddenly had an idea; maybe he could use the helplessness right now.

"Alright, use Night Shade!" Sableye shot out two beams of dark energy. Makuhita was struck, spinning at the sudden attack. "Now roll out of it!" Sableye quickly rolled out of the way, causing Makuhita to land hard on the ground. Brawley growled.

"Makuhita, get up and hit it with Arm Thrust!" Sam knew how to fend against this.

"Counter with as many Scratches as you need to beat it down!" Makuhita and Sableye began to exchange attacks, neither gaining any real advantage. They both simply deflected each other's moves. Both Pokémon leapt back, breathing heavily.

"Hmm…you're not bad, Sam. But you can't win! Use Vital Throw!" Makuhita ran forward, arms outstretched. He obviously was going to try and take Sableye down with this one move. He grabbed Sableye's leg, but Sam was already scheming.

"Hit it with Leer!" He knew that for Makuhita to use Bulk Up again, he would have to let go. Brawley obviously missed Sableye's eyes flashing quickly, as he grinned.

"Now throw it!" Makuhita was about to release Sableye and send the creature flying again when Sam decided it was time to fight back.

"Quick, use Scratch on its wrists!" Sableye slashed quickly at Makuhita's wrist, making him suddenly drop Sableye's right foot. "Now Night Shade!" Sableye shot further darkness, hitting Makuhita between the eyes. He quickly let go with the other hand.

"Now hit it with another Scratch!" Sableye, now free, smashed Makuhita across the face with his claw. He quickly jumped back, snickering.

"Grr…why you little! Arm Thrust!" Makuhita charged forward and Sam knew he had no time to evade this time. Makuhita jumped forward and swung with one hand…but nothing happened. The hand passed straight through Sableye. "…but…how…?" Brawley stuttered. Sam grinned.

"It was bound to wear off eventually…well then, finish it, Night Shade!" Sableye sent out another shot of darkness, once more hitting Makuhita between the eyes. Now that he was invincible again, this would be easy.

"Makuhita!" Brawley cried. The yellow creature took a step back, covering his eyes. Sam sighed.

"Finish it, Scratch." Sableye leapt forward, smashing Makuhita's head hard. The yellow beast fell to the ground, knocked out.

"…so that's it, then? I've lost…fair enough. Good battle, Sam!" Sam stepped back.

"Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Brawley?" Brawley laughed loudly.

"Because, that was a good battle. Here, take this, the Cobble Badge!" Brawley produced a metal badge from his pocket that Sam took willingly.

"…thanks. Anyway, I'm out of here…" Sam stepped out of the gym after returning Sableye. A short trip back to the pokecenter reminded him of one thing; he'd certainly have to mock Matt the next he saw of him.

OOC: And yet another instillment of my epicness is shown! I hope y'all enjoy it...oh, and I DO think that Foresight wears off, so...

King!

better
    Years
  • Chapter 8: Starting Off On A Rocky Road! (Part 1)

Jazmine woke with a start, sitting bolt upright in her bed. Something had woke her up- a crash. She was certain it had come from her room. Her head flashed in every direction. Finally, she found it. One of the maids had come to give Jazmine her breakfast, and, not knowing who it was, all four of her Pokémon had jumped towards the maid. This had caused her to drop the tray of food and huddle up in a corner. Jazmine's four Pokémon were cornering her. At this, Jazmine snorted. "Guys, lay off, she has food!" Her Pokémon turned around and looked at Jazmine. She smiled. Scooping up the tray, the maid sulked out of the room.

"I'll bring another…" She muttered. Once the door was closed and Jazmine heard the maid walking down the stairs to the lobby, she burst out with laughter.

"That was awesome! Did you see her face?" Her Pokémon ran up to her in delight, proud of their episode. "Come on, let's get ready. We're going to challenge Roxanne today." 'And we'll show that little freakshow Ziggy that I can beat Roxanne…' Her Pokémon nodded excitedly, and they all rushed into the large bathroom. They took turns showering and bathing, the Pokémon helping Jazmine decide what to wear, Jazmine putting on and taking off different bows and articles of jewelry that she'd either brought or that was left there. Finally, they each settled on something, a kind of theme. Since water beat rock, Jazmine had decided to wear an aquamarine-colored shirt and matching flip flops, which she knew she'd regret. Pyu had two bows of the same color, one in each ear. Shelly had the same colored bracelets, one on each of her branches. Queen had an electric orange necklace on, wrapped tightly around her so as not to fall off, and TaiTai's nails were painted the same blue as Jazmine.

"Perfect!" Jazmine exclaimed. Just then, the maid walked in with a new tray. Upon seeing the Pokémon's 'costumes', she nearly dropped the tray again. Catching herself, she gently set the tray on the nightstand, and quickly walked out of the room.

"Freaks…" She muttered. Jazmine smiled, then grabbed the tray, separating the food evenly among all five of them. They ate quickly, pancakes, eggs, smoky links, and hash browns, then they were ready to go. She put Queen and Shelly in their balls, and placed them in her newly bought backpack. She also put her other belongings in the pack, except for the basket, the blanket, Pyu, and TaiTai. Her plan was to keep them out, so Roxanne thought that was what she was up against. She stood up, slung her backpack over her shoulder, grabbed the basket, and was out of the door in no time. Walking down the staircase and into the lobby, she didn't pause once until she was out the door. From there, she looked left and right, scratching her head. Where had she seen that gym again? It must have been north, and definitely on the right side of the road. So she walked back towards Route 116, looking towards her right. She mulled over some tactics in her head. First of all was act weak, act like you are using weak types. The second, just keep firing, bubble after bubble. That would be her approach this time, offense. No growling or any of those shenanigans. Third was don't get hit, or at least for Queen, since she is part bug type. And lastly, stay strong. There is always a way, and nom mater what happens, don't get your head stuck in the clouds.

By the time Jazmine'd finished, she was at the gym. She walked inside, and instantly recognized the change in mood. While the outside was bright, cheery, and bustling with life, the gym was dark and creepy, and Jazmine couldn't even tell there was a gym leader inside until… "WELCOME!" Jazmine jumped about a foot off the ground as the gym leader boomed. 'I thought it was a girl…' She thought.

Suddenly, the leader stepped out of the darkness into a spotlight, and a bunch of other stadium lights turned on at the same time. Jazmine made a show of flinching at the light, then asked, in her most annoying, high-pitched squeaky voice ever, "Excuse me, are you th-the…leader of this gym? You gave me qu-qu-quite the fr-fr-fright!" The gym leader chuckled.

"Welcome to the Rustburo Gym, I'm Roxanne and you will be fighting me today. There are a few key rules. First, it's two on two, and you cannot switch out. Second, the person with both Pokémon unable to battle first is the loser. And third, please no flash photography or video lights. Thank you!" Roxanne said, in a tone even more annoying than Jazmine's. She sounded more like a flight attendant than a gym leader.

"Okay!" Jazmine squeaked. "Ready guys?" She looked at Pyu and TaiTai, and they both nodded. "Okay!" Both trainers took their sides at an opposite end of the arena, and Roxanne grabbed a ball out of her belt.

"Go, Geodude!" She said, her arm gracefully throwing the ball into the air. Out of it popped a creature that looked much more like a rock than a Pokémon, and wouldn't have been distinguishable if not for the two strong arms and pair of eyes. Jazmine giggled giddily, and spun around.

"Go, Queen!" She shouted, her tone much harder this time. Roxanne's jaw dropped in shock as the blue spider popped out of the backpack and scuttled onto the field. "Bubble!" Queen sprayed several bubbles at Geodude, and they popped on him, throwing him backwards into the wall. It was quite the effect, and Jazmine knew why- Geodude was super, super weak against water moves. But it got up nonetheless.

"Use Rock Tomb!" Roxanne ordered, smirking. Jazmine expected a harsh hit, but instead, Geodude aimed the rocks at the ground a few yards from the wall. Jazmine was confused at this action, much to Roxanne's delight.

"Erm…keep bubbling it!" Queen kept spewing bubbles upon the rocky Pokémon, who was obviously affected but didn't show it. Instead…

"Rock Polish!" Roxanne ordered, another confusing action, because Geodude ran up to the pile of rocks and vigorously started polishing them.

"What is she…?" Jazmine whispered, and then remembered, no signs of weakness. "Just keep up the bubbles!" Bubble after bubble popped on Geodude now, and he was starting to show signs of weakness. After polishing and polishing, bubble after bubble, Geodude finally gave in. He started skidding away from the pile, further and further, until he couldn't reach it at all. "Good!" Jazmine hollered. The Geodude was injured badly, and the spray wasn't stopping- it would be dead in no time. And no time came quickly, the Geodude plummeted face-first into the ground within seconds. "Out already!" Jazmine wondered aloud. And Roxanne didn't even seem worried, in fact, she seemed quite smug. Something was up… and Jazmine didn't like it.

(OOC: Short post, but it's only part one....so technically, I did good! ^_^)

slls81

Years
  • @Neku - Sorry this took so long to reply to, for some reason I didn't get an email notification that you had posted :(

On to the post, I'd recommend maybe taking a little longer over your posts. At the moment your battles are a little too short and need bulking up. Your posting very quickly, which is good, but I'd recommend working on maybe two or three more detailed posts a week rather than one shorter post every day.

That being said, the post itself wasn't bad. I just felt it could do with being a little longer...

Congratulations Zigzagoon grew to Level 12
    Congratulations Taillow grew to Level 10

@Zeph - Nice post. I'll have the next route up for you in about 10 minutes :)

Congratulations Togepi (Tok) grew to Level 7 and learned Metronome
    Congratulations Sableye (Zabe) Grew to Level 12

@Sasuneuchiha - Nice battle, I don't think Foresight does wear off... but I'm not 100% certain. Anyway well done for beating Brawley. :)

Congratulations Sableye grew to Level 11 and learned Astonish

@King - I know water is super effective against Geodude, but Gym battles really need to be longer than that. In future can you please bulk the battles up a little bit.

Congratulations Surskit grew to Level 8

edit: next town:

Slateport City

Recommended number of Posts: 2-4

Description: A port town located on the southern coast of Hoenn. The town's motto is "The Port Where People and Pokémon Cross Paths". The town is also home to a prosperous market, where many useful items are sold.

What can you do in a City?
    Heal your pokémon
    Buy items
    Explore the Town
    Note: You may not catch wild pokémon in the city, and you cannot have pokémon Battles, unless you're in a special area, for example a gym. This is basically a place to restore your health and relax.

Places of Interest
    Pokémon Center: A place where you may heal your pokémon and sleep all for free!
    Poké Mart: You may buy Items here: Potion, pokéball, Antidote, Awakening, and Paralyze Heal
    Slateport Market: A number of specialist market stalls are set up in the City.

TM stall
    TM's available: Hidden Power, Secret Power, Torment, Substitute

Doll stall
    Dolls available: Azurill Doll, Marill Doll, Skitty Doll, Pichu Doll, Togepi Doll

Note: Dolls can be used only for aesthetic purposes.

Various food stores
    While you're in town, feel free to sample local cuisine!

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • OOC: DAMN I hate exams DX

Granite cave was a natural wonder. Ribbons of pink and grey granite spread across the walls, creating a psychedelic effect that was amplified by the embedded crystals, glistening like miniature stars as the torch beams flickered across the tunnel walls. Warren grinned.

"This is amazing!"

"Keep your voice down, we don't want to scare off the Pokémon, Warren!" Liv hissed and Warren scowled, but dutifully shut his gob. Liv paused for minute, then flicked her torch downwards, casting the beam across the floor. Crouching, she frowned and Warren wandered up behind her.

"What've you found?"

"Footprints, looks like an Aron, maybe two." Warren frowned. All he could see was some slight dents in the mud on the floor. Liv looked up, tracing the prints to the opening of a tight tunnel.

"Looks like it might be a bit of a squeeze." Warren paused.

"Wait, you're going in there? Are you insane? What if you get stuck?" Liv looked up at Warren's face, his eyes bulging.

"I never knew you were so claustrophobic, Warren," she replied with a laugh and Warren swore under his breath.

"I'm not scared!"

"Oh, no, of course you're not." Warren grimaced.

"Fine, you think I'm scared? Watch this!" With a deep breath, Warren shrugged off his bag, stepped forwards and, bent double, crawled into the low tunnel. After a few metres, he paused.

"Y'know, it's really low in here. We'll need to crawl." Liv sighed

"Then stop talking about it and get moving!" Warren grimaced, then dropped to his belly and began to slide forwards, wincing as his back scraped along the rough rock overhead. He paused to take a deep breath, but found himself unable to, as the rocks jabbed into his stomach every time his lungs filled. Panicking, Warren reached forwards and, desperately, pulled himself along until the roof became slightly higher. Collapsing, panting on the floor, Warren lay there for a minute, taking deep breaths. He tried to glance around, but it was impossible in the tight confines of the tunnel.

"Liv? Are you still there?" He whispered anxiously, then jolted in shock as she nudged his elbow.

"I'm right here. Don't worry, you're doing fine. I think that's the narrowest point, anyway." Warren looked up.

"Okay….let's just keep going." A minute later, the two teenagers pulled themselves out of the crevice and sat, breathing deeply, against the rock face. They'd emerged into a small cavern, with a thin crack running through the roof. Light streamed through, reflected by the tiny crystals in the granite walls. A short distance away, two metallic Pokémon were lapping slowly from a small pool. Warren nudged Liv's arm as she dragged out the bags which she'd pulled behind them.

"Looks like we found your Aron." Liv nodded and slowly, stealthily, crept forwards slipping the camera out of her pocket, crouching behind a rock and raising the camera, quietly clicking away. Suddenly, the two Aron paused and, shaking droplets of water from their faces, slowly began to meander over to the rock which Liv was hiding behind. Liv ducked, hiding behind the rock as the Aron opened their mouth and, with a loud crunching sound, bit into the boulder. Warren frowned as the small Pokémon chewed slowly, pebbles dropping from their mouths. Liv, meanwhile had whipped out a small notebook and was jotting furiously. Warren sighed. This researching thing was pretty damn boring. Rolling his eyes, he leant back, then winced as his head smacked against the wall. The Aron looked straight at him. Warren froze. The Aron snarled.

"Oh, crap," Warren muttered under his breath as the two metallic Pokémon stepped forwards, stumbling to his feet and backing up slowly. Glancing over at liv, he raised his eyebrows.

"So why the hell are they so mad then?"

I'm guessing that they don't see many people. Also, if they're a breeding pair, then they might have a nest nearby." Warren suddenly paused as his boot knocked against something heavy and hard. Glancing down, he noticed a clutch of small, silvery eggs. Even though he'd just kicked one of them, it looked completely undamaged. The shells were made of the same metal as the Pokémon themselves.

"Warren! Step away from the nest, slowly!" Liv whispered and the trainer looked down at the two Pokémon, both of whom looked pretty angry. Slowly, Warren lifted a foot to step away from the nest. And then, rather predictably, he stumbled backwards and, arms flailing, kicked one of the eggs straight into a wall. It rebounded with barely a scratch but now the parents were mad and Warren ducked as one launched a flying tackle at his face. As he looked up, the other turned around and used its back legs to kick mud into his eyes. Warren swore as he wiped his eyes frantically, then froze as he heard a click.

"Are you still taking bloody pictures?!" he yelled and there was an audible pause.

"Well, I'm not taking pictures now." Warren swore again as he wiped his face, staring at the two tiny Pokémon.

"Look, I didn't man to hurt your eggs," he reasoned, "I'd really rather just leave now." The only reply was another spray of mud.

"Alright, that's it…Silver, you're up!" With a snarl, the wolf emerged into the cave, glaring angrily at the two Aron, who were now standing on opposite sides of the cavern.

"Howl!" Silver raised its hackles and raised its head, a blood-curdling holler coming from its throat. The Aron paused, then charged. Warren grinned.

"Wait for it…" They were getting close now.

"Just a second…" They were almost there.

"Now!" Silver pushed hard with its front legs, leaping backwards as the Aron collided head on with a loud clang.

"Tackle while they're stunned!" Silver charged and barged the two staggering Pokémon, sending them crashing to the ground. As they struggled to regain their footing, the mutt swung its head one way, then the other, teeth bared in a ferocious snarl. Warren frowned.

"Alright, Silver, chill." The two Aron glanced at each other then, slowly backing up, paused, then scampered back behind the rock that their nest was hidden behind. Warren sighed.

"Thank god. Now can we just get out of here?" Liv smiled.

"Sounds like a plan. I take it you're not that fond of the whole researching idea, then." Warren rolled his eyes.

"Are you kidding? The only exciting part of this entire trip was kicking those runts asses." He turned, but his smile dropped as his gaze fell upon the small crevice he was going to have to squeeze through once again.

"After you, I think."

About ten minutes later, Warren staggered out of the cave, muddy, dusty, scratched and tired.

"I never want to see another cave as long as I live," he moaned. Liv ignored him.

"Hmmm, didn't know you had such a big fanclub, Warren." The trainer turned.

"What are you talking about?" Then he saw it. Just outside the entrance, crudely scratched into the rock face, were a handful of words.

"Sam was here, Warren is a…" he paused.

"Ok, that does it. I'm going to the gym. Next time I meet that snot-nosed brat at the league, he's gonna be sorry." Liv raised an eyebrow.

"You might have something else to do first."

"What now?" Warren glanced down, then gasped as he realised that his bag was shaking. Carefully putting it down, he reached in and pulled out the shuddering object – the egg. Grinning, he set it down carefully on the floor, then stood back.

"Whatever's in there….it had better be good!"

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles exited off the ferry and stepped onto the docks. Miles walked on the dock, toward the town. Soon, he would get his second badge in the Hoehn region. Miles smiled,moving his hand toward his pokeballs in his pocket, thinking, There's no way I'll lose to that gym leader! As long as I have these guys... I can't lose!!

As soon as Miles stepped off the dock, he heard a man yell, "Hey, kid! Welcome to Dewford!! What are you here for, training, sight-seeing..."

"Oh, I'm here to fight Brawley to get my second badge." Miles said.

Somehow, this gave the man a shocked look, saying, "Wow, a little kid like you takin' on Brawley? Whoa, what a brave little kid...!" Miles knew that the man obviously mistook his age, like other people have already done before, but him being so shocked about taking on Brawley made Miles wonder.

"Why are you so shocked that I'm going to take on Brawley?"

The man frowned, then said, "Well, you see, Brawley's the big guy in Dewford. He's tough. While he trains his pokemon, he trains with them... He's one tough dude, kiddo. Not that many pokemon can take down his pokemon... We've seen all kinds of challengers pouring into our little island, yet most of them are beaten down by Brawley's pokemon. Some barely stood a chance. If I were you kid, I'd think twice about challenging him, eh?"

Miles stayed silent for a few moments, but then, he just smiled brightly.

"Wow! A gym leader who's beaten alot of his challengers, huh? That means he'll be tough to beat... But that'll just make it more fun! Alright mister, thanks for the information!!" Miles said cheerfully. The man seemed to be suprised by this, and just as Miles turned and began to walk in a diffrent direction, the man called out to him, "Hey, kid! If you're seriously going to take on Brawley... Then go and train at Granite Cave!! Be careful though, it's pitch black in there!!!"

"Granite Cave...? Alright, I will!! thanks, mister!!" Miles yelled back, and walked along the beach, starting to look for the Granite Cave.

Miles was looking around for a big hole in the wall, or a big sign that said "GRANITE CAVE". So far, he hadn't seen either. Then, he saw a big opening in a sloid rock wall. Miles didn't see a giant sign claiming that it was Granite Cave, but Miles was pretty sure that was Granite Cave. He walked over to the opening in the rock wall and looked inside. It didn't seem too dark inside.

"Huh... It doesn't seem that dark... Maybe he meant if you go really far into the cave, it gets darker... Oh well! Time to train!!"

He walked inside the cave, looking at several rocks and at the stone walls, with a few crystals here and there on the walls or rocks. He looked around for some pokemon to battle. He didn't think that he would need to train too much, Ponyta and Zigzagoon were pretty strong enough after their fight with Roxanne. The only one that might need some more battle experience was Taillow.

He continued down the cave path, then heard a flapping sound. Miles looked around, trying to figure out where it was coming from. Then, he heard and earsplitting screeching sound. Miles immediatley put hsi hands around his ears, and looked up. A blue bat pokemon was the cause of the screech, and it swooped down over to him. Miles stumbled a bit, startled, then he pulled out a pokeball and yelled, "Come on Taillow... Get that Zubat!!"

The small bird pokemon emerged from his pokeball and into the air, falpping his wings. "Tai?" it squaked. The Zubat made another screeching sound, then dived towards Taillow and tackled into it. Taillow squaked in pain, flapping his wings to recover form the hit. "Taaai!!" It squaked in anger.
    "Taillow, use Quick Attack!!" Miles yelled. Taillow flapped his wings for a few moments, then flew with great speed to Zubat, bashing right into it.

It screeched in pain, and flew away from Taillow.

Zubat opened its mouth and then a few rings emerged from it. The rings hit Taillow, causing him to squak and flap his wings furiously. Miles heard his pokedex in his pocket beep, "Supersonic attack. It causes confusion."
    Then, the bat pokemon flew to Taillow, opening it's mouth and biting it, causing Taillow to squak in panic, trying to get away from Zubat. Miles stared at Taillow, and noticed that Taillow looked more tired than before. Once again, he heard his pokedex beep "Leech Life. It steals the health of the pokemon its used on, and is given to the user."

Miles frowned. If Zubat kept using that, then Taillow would be knocked out while it would be in full health.

Taillow had been freed of Zubats attack, but he was looking much more tired now, while Zubat was flapping its wings, looking perfectly fine.

"Taillow, use Focus energy!!" Miles yelled.

"Taaai!!" Taillow had a bright, shining orange light gather around its body.

"Now, use Quick Attack to get close to Zubat and use Peck!!" Miles yelled.

Taillow flew with great speed to Zubat, with his beak pointed out, ready to peck it. But, Taillow, confused, had ended up gliding away from Zubat, missing it completly and crashed his beak right into the cave's stone wall.

"Taaaaaaai!!!" Taillow cried in pain. Miles flinched, that had to hurt...

The Zubat seemed to make some kind of screeching sound that Miles guessed was supposed to be laughing.

Taillow had flapped his wings uneasily in the air, recovering form the run-in with the wall. Then, Taillow whirled around and had used a Quick Attack to smack right into the laughing bat pokemon. This time, Taillow didn't miss. The run-in with the wall must have snapped Taillow to snap out of his confusion. The Zubat, not expecting the hit, took it head on. It screeched in pain, and Taillow began to peck at the bat pokemon in rage.

Taillow was mad.

Zubat tried to escape from Taillows' barrage of peck attacks, but whenever it got away, Taillow would use a quick attack to smack into it again and continue his revenge for the run in with the wall.

Miles cheered for Taillow, yelling "Alright Taillow! Keep it up!!"

Then, the Zubat made a screeching sound that echoed off the walls in the cave. Miles saw more blue bat pokemon emerge from the dark depths of the cave. There were about 2 more of them. "Taillow, look out! there's two more!!" Miles yelled. Taillow had just used another peck attack on the Zubat that cried for help, causing it to fall to the ground, knocked out.

"Tai?"

Taillow didn't react fast enough, and one of the two new Zubats used Astonish on Taillow, catching Taillow form complete suprise. Taillow squaked in pain, and the other Zubat, taking advantage of Taillows' shock from the hit before, used a Leech Life attack.

Taillow squaked in pain, and then used a Quick Attack on the Zubat that had used Astonish.

"Taillow, quick, use a peck attack and don't let up until I tell you to!" Miles yelled. Taillow seemed to like this idea completly, because he just continued to peck at the Zubat and it screeched in pain. Miles watched the other Zubat, and then saw it get ready to use a leech life on Taillow.

"Taillow, quick, use a quick attack to get away from the Zubat you're attacking!!" Miles yelled. Taillow, after giving the Zubat one more peck, used quick attack and just barely dodged the leech life attack from the other Zubat. The Zubat that had been pecked, however, wasn't so lucky.

It screeched in pain as the leech life attack ahd hit it instead, and it flapped uneasily for a few moments, then crumpled to the ground, defeated.

The other Zubat, enraged, screeched in anger.

"Taillow, use Quick Attack!" Miles yelled. Taillow smacked right into the Zubat, but the Zubat opened its' mouth and bit Taillow, causing Taillow to cry in pain. It was another Leech Life attack.

"Taillow!" Miles yelled, concerned for the small bird pokemon. It had taken on 3 Zubats so far, and he knew he was already tired and wouldn't last much longer. Miles moved to his pocket, ready to grab Taillows' pokeball to return the tired bird pokemon and send in Ponyta to finish the job.

"TAILLOW!!" Taillow squaked in anger, obviously not wanting to go back into his pokeball yet. Taillow gave a glare at the last bat pokemon. Miles stared at Taillow.

"You want to give that Zubat one more hit...?" Miles guessed.

"Tai..." Taillow squaked in agreement.

Miles nodded, saying, "Fine, one more hit... Then, you deserve a long rest... Alright, use Quick Attack!"

Taillow, even though he was tired, dashed towards the bat pokemon, crashing into it. The Zubat screeched in anger and pain, and just before it got ready to use a leech life on Taillow, Miles whipped out Taillows' pokeball and returned the tired bird pokemon.

Zubat, realizing that its prey had dispappeared, screeched in anger. Miles smiled at Taillows' pokeball for a few moments, proud of the little bird for taking so many hits, then, he whipped out Ponyta's pokeball and yelled, "Go Ponyta!! Let's finish this!!"

Ponyta emerged from her pokeball, her flames lighting up the cave. Zubat screeched again, and swooped down for a leech life attack. Zubat bit Ponyta on her snout, and she snorted and tossed her head around, causing the bat pokemon to lose its grip and be tossed into the air.

"Ponyta, use Growl, then Ember!!" Miles yelled.

"Poonyta!!" She growled at Zubat, lowering its attack power, and then opened her mouth and released small flames, hitting the bat pokemon.

"Zuubaaat!!"

The Zubat screeched in pain, flapping its wings furiously, trying to stay in the air.

"Use Ember again!!" Miles yelled. He knew that the bat pokemon had already been weakened by Taillows' attacks from before, so even if it tried to use leech life to recover, it wouldn't get a very big amount of health. It wouldn't last much longer now...

Ponyta whinied, and opened her mouth, the bright flames shooting out, lighting the cave as they hit their target, the bat pokemon.

Zubat screeched again, falling to the ground, but not completley defeated yet. As it neared the stone path of the cave, Miles yelled, "Ponyta, finish it off with Tackle!!"

Ponyta whinied, and began to gallop towards the falling bat pokemon, the clopping sound of her hooves echoing throughout the cave as they hit the stone floor.

Then, she hit the bat pokemon with her head, sending it spiraling before it hit the cold stone floor. It let out one final screech, then when it hit the floor, it layed limp in defeat.

Miles cheered and told Ponyta that she did a good job, and she whinied happily and troted back over to him. He gently pat Ponyta and took out Taillows pokeball again, saying, "You did a great job, Taillow."

Then, he and Ponyta walked through the cave back to the entrance, their steps echoing throughout the cave...

Back in Dewford, Miles had returned Ponyta once they had reached the cave entrance and exit. Now, he was inside the Pokemon Center. He handed Nurse Joy his pokeballs, so she could restore them back to health on the machine, but then he noticed that the ball containing the egg he got from Devon Corp. was shaking. He quickly opened the pokball and watched the egg begin to shake around on the counter, with Nurse Joy with him watching as well. He stared at it, smiling, excitment welling up inside him.

"I can't wait to see what you are...!!!"

OOC: I hope this post was long enough... If it isn't, I can add more to it.

slls81

Years
  • @You Just Lost The Game - Only Warren could go into a cave aiming to observe pokemon, and end up in a battle xD Great post :)

Congratulations Poochyena (Silver) grew to Level 8

As Warren looked on, the egg continued to shudder more and more violently. Suddenly the egg erupted into a bright light, which was harsh against Warren's eyes after spending so long in the darness of Granite Cave. Warren momentarily looked away from the bright glare, and when he looked back he was faced with what looked like a small pot plant....

Congratulations Warren hatch a Level 1 Bonsly

@Neku - That post was fine, no need to add any more :)

Congratulations Taillow grew to Level 11
    Congratulations Ponyta grew to Level 12

Miles looked intently at his egg, which suddenly burst into a bright light. A second later a pokemon was sitting where the egg had previously been. The most noticeable feature of the new baby pokemon was her tail, which was as large as the rest of her body. The young pokemon was sat on her tail, looking up at Miles with an intrigued look on her face....

Congratulations Miles hatched a Level 1 Azurill

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles stared at the small, little blue baby pokemon who was sitting on her tail. "Azu...?" Miles smiled at the baby pokemon, but wondered what it was. "Oh, what a cute little Azurill!!" Nurse Joy said.

"Azurill?" Miles pulled out his pokedex from his pocket and it beeped, "Azruill, the Polka Dot Pokemon. Its tail bounces like a rubber ball. It flings that tail around to fight opponets bigger than itself."

Miles put the pokedex back in his pocket and looked back at Azurill, who was staring at him with wide eyes curiously. Miles smiled and said, "Hey Azurill! I'm your trainer!" Azurill stared at Miles for a few more moments before letting out a happy "Azu" and bounced, using her tail, into Miles arms.

Nurse Joy said, "It'll take some time before your pokemon are fully healed."

Miles shrugged, saying, "No problem." He walked over to a chair and sat down, holding Azurill was was amusing him. Then, they both heard a squealing sound. Miles and Azurill both looked around, and saw a girl racing towards them. "Wha-" Miles started, but couldn't finish because teh girl had snatched Azurill out of his hands and started squeazzing her. This completley caught Azurill by suprise, but this scared her and she started shaking.

"Ohhh!!! It's an Azurill!! It's sooooo cute!!"

Miles, annoyed that the girl had just grabbed Azurill like that and started scaring her, said "Hey! Stop that!! Azurill is..." He couldn't finish however, because just then, Azurill burst into tears and brought her tail up to hit the girl right in the face, and mud had materialized out of nowhere and got all over the girls face. It was a pretty good hit, plus, it was kind of funny too...

The girl dropped Azurill and started crying, and she ran out of the Pokemon Center. Azurill, who was still crying, had safely landed by using her tail as a cushion, and she started waddling over to Miles still crying. She bounced into Miles' arms and Miles tried to calm her down. He did after a few minutes, saying "Don't worry, the crazy girl is gone now..." He did feel kind of bad for the girl who got hit in the face, which was pretty funny, but if she hadn't scared Azurill then it wouldn't have happened.

Then, he heard Nurse Joy say, "Miles Rail, your pokemon have been restored to full health." Miles went over to where Nurse Joy was, with Azurill bouncing behind him. He grabbed his pokeballs and thanked her. He left the Pokemon Center with Azurill bouncing behind him. He said, "Alright... Time for my second badge!"

"Azu?"

Miles looked over at Azurill who looked at him curiously. Miles said, "Oh, that's right. I need to get you in a pokeball..." He pulled out a pokeball and when he tried to get her inside the pokeball, Azurill jumped out of the way. "Azu!!" Miles blinked. "...You want to help me get my badge?" Azurill nodded, and Miles smiled at the her enthusiasm, but he knew she couldn't fight yet. "Azurill, you're not strong enough to fight yet. But don't worry, you'll be able to fight soon!" Azurill seemed dissapointed for not being able to fight, but Miles was able to get her into a pokeball. Then, he started searching for the gym.

After searching for a few minutes, Miles had found the gym and was now standing infront of the doors to the gym. He opened the doors and stepped inside. The gym seemed normal enough, with a regular battlefield that all gyms have. This gym though, looked exactly like some kind of dojo. "Ah, a new challenger?"

Miles truned to the owner of the voice, a young man with blue hair. "I'm the gym leader, Brawley! Who are you, kid?"

"I'm Miles. Miles Rail."

"Well Miles Rail," Brawley started, "Our match will be 2 on 2, same with all the other gym leaders. I wish you luck kid, I'm not easy to beat! All my challngers barely put up a good fight!!"

Mile smiled, pulling out a pokeball, saying, "We'll see... Alright, let's go, Taillow!!"

Taillow emerged from his pokeball, and flapped his wings in the air.
    Brawley raised his eyebrow saying, "Ah... I see you've come prepared..."

Miles thought, Hey... This looks like some kind of dojo...and he said that I've 'come prepared' after I sent out Taillow... His pokemon must be...
    His next thought was proved right, as Brawley threw his pokeball yelling, "Let's beat this kid, Machop!!"

The gray human-like pokemon emerged from its pokeball, yelling "Machop!!"

Miles's thoughts drifted away from the battle when he saw the Machop. A Machop...? Sis had one, but then it evolved into a Machoke...

He snapped out of his thoughts, though, when he heard Brawley yell, "Alright Machop, start with Karate Chop!!"

Machop ran towards Taillow, who was just flapping in one place in the air, and jumped to try and hit him. But, Taillow just glided away, causing Machop to miss and hit the ground.

"Now Taillow, use a Quick Attack and then use Peck!!" Miles yelled.

"Taillow!!" Taillow replied, and dived down with great speed and hit Machop. At first, the hit didn't seem to do much damage because it was a normal type move against a fighting type, but then, Taillow pecked Machop right in the middle of its head. Machop cried in pain, and Brawley yelled, "Quick, Machop, use Karate Chop on Taillow now while it's close!!" Before Taillow could get away, Machop smacked Taillow with its arm, causing Taillow to hit the ground.

"Taaai!!" Taillow squaked in pain.

Brawley yelled, "Quick, Machop, use Karate Chop again while it's on the ground!!" Machop raised its arm into the air, ready to bring it down on Taillow, but Miles noticed that it wasn't being as fast before.
    Miles yelled, "Taillow, use Quick Attack to get away from Machop to avoid the attack!!"

Taillow had struggled up to its feet, then started flapping his wings. Brawley saw this and yelled, "Now, Machop!!" Machop yelled and brought its hand down to hit Taillow, but right at the last second, Taillow had pulled off the Quick Attack, gliding through the air and causing the Machop to hit the ground instead, causing a few cracks to appear on the floor of the battlefield.

Brawley frowned, and looked annoyed. "Hmph... Not bad, I guess... But once I take out your flying type, you'll lose!!"

Miles smiled, saying "Well, let's just wait and see!!"

Taillow flapped his wings in the air, the karate chop had been a good hit, because it seemed to do more damage than it should have.

"Machop, use Leer!!"

Machop gave a glare at Taillow, causing him to falter a bit and lose some of his defensive power. This caused Miles to frown. Machops' fighting moves aren't very affective against Taillow, but if Taillow loses alot of his defensive power, then Machops' attacks will do much more damage... I have to be carefull if leer is used to much on Taillow...

"Alright Taillow, stay low to the ground and use Quick Attack to get near Machop, then use Peck!!" Miles yelled.

Taillow dived down near the ground, then flew with great speed towards Machop.

Brawley yelled, "Machop, use Karate Chop when Taillow gets close enough!!"

Machop pulled one of its arms back behind it, its arm glowing, ready to hit Taillow when he came close. Miles bit his lip, watching as Taillow got closer and closer to Machop, with only one of them being able to land a hit. But the one thing that Machop didn't have was speed, and Taillow had that.

Taillow had gotten near Machop and pecked Machop righ tin the face. Machop cried out in pain, but despite Taillow landing the hit, it swung its arm out to hit Taillow.

"Taillow, watch out!!" Miles yelled. Taillow, alarmed at the arm getting closer to hit him, furiosuly started flapping his wings to get away. Then, Miles yelled, "Taillow, don't fly upward, just use Quick Attack and stay near the ground!!"

Taillow, following Miles' order, stopped trying to fly up into the air and used Quick Attack and stayed low to the ground. Taillow squaked in pain as Machops' hand had grazed his side, but he had avoided the full power of the hit.

Miles sighed with releif. If that attack had hit Taillow while his defense was down, along with the fact that he was right by Machop, which might have caused Machop to get a direct hit in would have done a pretty good deal of damage to Taillow.

Miles heard Brawley snort, saying, "You were lucky, Miles Rail! If Machop had hit your Taillow, it might have been knocked out."

Miles replied, "Well, luck is a pretty good thing to have, I guess."

He heard Brawley growl, and then yell, "Machop, use Leer again!!"

Machop once again glared at Taillow, causing the little birds' defense power to go down. Miles frowned. The situation wasn't very good. If Taillow got near Machop, then Machop would be able to land a hit on him, which would do even more damage now. But most of Taillows' attacks were meant for close-range, so there was no way Taillow would be able to attack Machop and not get attacked, unless he was lucky. The little bird was tough, but if he took to many hits with his defense power being this low, he would be knocked out.

Miles frowned, the situation was pretty risky...but he was sure that Taillow would be able to beat Machop. All he needed to do was to make his plan work...

"Alright Taillow, use Quick Attack, then Peck!!" Miles yelled.

Taillow did as Miles ordered, and flew with great speed towards Machop.
    Brawley yelled, "Come on, not this again!! All you've been doing is Quick Attack and Peck... If this is all you've got, then you might as well give up right now!! Machop, get ready!!"

Machop got into a postiton, ready for Taillows attack. Miles stared, knowing that Brawley was going to do this. He just hoped that Taillow would be able to take the hit that came next, or else his plan wouldn't work...

Taillow hit Machop with the Quick Attack, and got ready to prepare the Peck attack, but then, Brawley smiled, and yelled, "Now Machop!! Use Seismic Toss!!"

Miles stared with wide eyes. He didn't think that the Machop would use seismic toss, he thought it would use Karate Chop, like all the other times before. Machop threw Taillow into the air, causing Taillow to cry in panic.

"Taillow!!" Miles yelled.

Brawley smirked, saying, "Come on. You didn't really think that Leer and Karate Chop were the only moves I would use, did you?"

Miles ignored Brawleys comment, and watched in horror as Taillow still flew through the air. Taillow began to flap his wings a bit, and Miles thought that the little bird pokemon would be able to escape the blow. But for just a moment, Miles thought that Taillow seemed to be flapping upward instead of still being sent up into the air by the toss Machop had done.

Then, Taillow had hit the ceiling of the gym, and cried in pain. Miles probably should have been shocked as he watched Taillow fall back down to the ground, but instead, he smiled for a quick moment.

Brawley was busy smirking while watching Taillow begin to plummet to the ground and occasionally try to flap his wings to move, but he had been stunned by the hit from the cieling. As Taillow neared the ground, Machop pulled one fist back, and then, when Taillow got close to it and made weak little flutters with his wings, it threw its fist upward and hit Taillow.

"Taaai!!!" Taillow squaked in pain, then fluttered his wings weakly for a few moments, then fell to the ground on his side.

Taillow laid on the ground, and didn't move. Brawley started laughing, saying, "Ah, all flying types just crumble away after getting hit by leer and a seismic toss!!"

Miles just smiled, glad that Brawley hadn't noticed what had happened. Brawley was busy, thinking that he had just beaten Taillow, the same with Machop who had its back turned away from Taillow. But then, Taillow had looked over at Miles, and was gently waving one of his wings to signal that he was alright.

When Taillow had flapped his wings when he had been launched into the air by Machop, he could have easily escaped, but instead, he tricked Brawley and Machop by purposelly flying upward to hit the cieling, and pretended that he had gotten more damage and was stunned. Miles had noticed this because when Taillow had been flung into the air, he went at a fast rate, but had began to fall a little after only making it halfway to the cieling. It was then when Taillow had started flapping his wings, making it look like he was struggling to try and escape, but instead rose higher and higher to the cieling and had only hit it gently, but had made a cry of pain to fool Brawley and Machop.

Then, when Taillow began to plummet to the ground, when he neared Machop, he had only made those small flutters with his wings to avoid the full force of the blow. Miles thought, smiling, This was something that only a flying-type could pull off!

Taillow had hopped back onto his feet, ready to hit Machop. Brawley, finally noticing that Miles hadn't returned Taillow, stopped laughing and looked at him, smirking, and said, "Hey, aren't you going to return-" but Brawley stopped and looked in shock as Taillow got ready for a quick attack. "Machop, quick-" he started, but was too late and cut off as Miles yelled, "Taillow, use Quick Attack and follow up with Peck!!"

Machop, alarmed, tried to turn around to see what was happening, but Taillow launched off the ground and crashed into Machop, and causing him to crash head-first into the wall of the gym, stunning it.

Brawley, with a look of shock on his face, said, "What... How?!"

Miles grinned, saying, "Well, at first, all of those Quick Attacks and Pecks that I did were to get Machop closer and closer to a wall here in the gym. You see, unless Machop was stunned or couldn't mvoe, there would be no way for Taillow to attack it without getting hurt in the process, but now...Taillow can attack Machop all he wants until Machop gets knocked out!"

Brawley still had the shocked look on his face, and Miles yelled, "Alright Taillow!! Let's end this! Use Peck!!"

Taillow flapped and flew high into the air, while Machop was still stunned. Then, with a cry, Taillow dived down to Machop with great speed, and pecked Machop right on the head with so much force from coming from the air, Machop ended up smacking its head against the gym wall again. Machop let out a cry of pain, then collapsed to the ground, defeated.

"Yeah!! We did it!! Alright, Taillow!!" Miles cheered. Taillow was flapping in the air again, and looked pretty proud for winning the battle, but he looked tried from teh fight as well.

Brawley stayed silent as he returned Machop, then he looked at Miles and said, "...I gotta admit kid... You're good. But, you won't be able to beat my next pokemon!!"

Miles smiled and said, "We'll see!!" Then, he pulled out Taillows' pokeball and returned him.

This seemed to suprise Brawley. "You're not going to keep using Taillow, even though you have the advantage with him...?"

Miles shook his head, saying, "Taillows done a great job with the first battle, so he deserves to take a break! Besides, types don't really matter!!"

Brawley grinned, saying, "Interesting... Well, let's continue then!!"

slls81

Years
  • @Neku - I have one piece of advice for you: Run your post through a word processor before you post it, and use the spell check. There are a few spelling mistakes in your post that could easily be avoided just by running it through a spell check.

Other than that nice post. Can't wait to see how Miles fares against Brawly's second pokemon!

Because it made me laugh:
    Congratulations Azurill grew to Level 2

Congratulations Taillow grew to Level 12

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles watched as Brawley grabbed another pokeball. "Well kid, this is one of my best pokemon! Come on out, Makuhita!!"

Miles watched as a small tubby form emerged from the pokeball onto the battlefield.

"Maku!!!" It cried.

Miles heard his pokedex beep, "Makuhita, the fighting type pokemon. It toughens its body by slamming into thick trees."

Miles reached and grabbed one of his pokeballs from his pocket. If this was Brawley's strongest pokemon, then this battle was going to be tough...

"Alright! Let's get him, Ponyta!!" Miles yelled. The horse pokemon emerged from her pokeball and whinied.

"Poonyta!!"

"Ponyta, use Tackle!!" Miles yelled.

Ponyta ran towards Makuhita and ran into it. The attack didn't seem to do much, however...

The Makuhita snorted, and Brawley smirked and yelled, "Alright Makuhita, use Tackle!!"

Makuhita launched itself at Ponyta and tackled right into her. Ponyta whinied in pain, the weight of the tubby pokemon helped with the tackle attack...

"Makuhita, use Arm Thrust!!" Brawley yelled, and the tubby sumo-like pokemon charged towards Ponyta and smacked its palms at her legs. Ponyta whinied in panic, her knees buckling.

"Ponyta!!" Miles yelled, alarmed. But there wasn't much she could do, she was paniced and Makuhita continued to hit her legs with its palms. Then, she fell to the ground due to the pain from the hits to her legs, and whinied in panic. Brawley smiled, and yelled, "Great, Makuhita!! Now, use Tackle!!"

But before the tubby, yellow pokemon could hurl itself at Ponyta, Miles yelled, "Ponyta, quick, use Ember!!"

Flames erupted from her mouth and soon covered the tubby pokemon in flames, stopping his attack.

"Maku!!"

Brawley yelled, "Makuhita, use Bulk Up!! Then, use Fake Out!!"

Makuhita shook its head, recovering from the ember attack, then tightened its muscles, making it stronger. Then, it got ready to hit Ponyta with fake out. "Ponyta, try and get up!!" Miles yelled. Ponyta, trying to recover from the arm thrust attacks to her legs, tried to get up, but it was too late. Makuhita had hit Ponyta on both sides of her head, causing her to whinnie in pain. "Ponyta, use Ember again and follow up with Growl!!" Miles yelled. But all Ponyta did was flinch, an after-effect from Fake Out, and she looked somewhat dazed from the attack as well.

Brawley smirked, saying, "Well, I guess you really aren't that good without your Taillow, huh?" Miles grit his teeth, and ignored Brawleys' comment.

The attacks to Ponyta's legs wasn't good. If she tried to get up, Brawley would just order Makuhita to use some other attack to stop her. Miles didn't like it, but the only thing that would prevent Ponyta from getting too much damage was to just have her stay on the ground, unless...

"Ponyta, use Ember on Makuhita!!" Miles yelled.

"Pooonyta!!"

Ponyta opened her mouth and small flames emerged and flew towards Makuhita, engulfing it in flames. Makuhita began to stamp furiously around the battleground, waiting for the flames to die out. "Now, Ember, again!!" Miles yelled. Ponyta once again opened her mouth and the flames shot out, hitting Makuhita once again.

"Now, quick, try and get up!!" Miles yelled.

If Makuhita is busy trying to get the flames to die out, then it might give Ponyta enough time to get up, Miles thought hopefully.

Brawley growled and yelled, "Oh no you don't!! Makuhita, use Vital Throw!!"

Makuhita growled, and didn't seem happy, but then it seemed to wince in pain for a moment, then began to run towards Ponyta. Miles smiled.

Yes! It must be burned from all those ember attacks!!

Miles wasn't the only one who noticed though, Brawley seemed to notice as well, but instead of being angry, he smiled. "Hey, thanks kid!!" Brawley called to Miles. This made Miles confused.

"What...?"

Brawley smirked, and said, "You see, Makuhita has the Guts ability!! That means whenever Makuhita gets hit by an after-effect of an attack like poison, paralysis, or in this case, a burn, his power is doubled!!!"

This made Miles' eyes go wide, and he yelled in alarm, "Ponyta!!"

She was still struggling to get on her feet, and was doing a pretty good job, but this only helped Makuhita. It ran under Ponyta, and grabbed her from under her stomach, and began to try and pick her up. Ponyta whinnied in panic, but she still couldn't move her legs that well yet, so she wasn't able to get away, and she couldn't attack Makuhita because it was underneath her.

Miles yelled, "Ponyta, use Growl!!"

Ponyta, still panicing a bit, let out a growl, which caused Makuhitas' attack power to fall. Miles heard Bralwey growl, obviously annoyed about Makuhitas' attack power being lowered because it was so high before from Bulk Up and the Guts ability. Makuhita grunted, it seemed to be struggling with Ponytas' weight a bit more now because its attack power had lowered.

"Maku..."

Wait, Miles thought, an idea forming in his head. "Ponyta, use Growl again!!" Miles yelled.

Ponyta obeyed Miles's order and growled once again, making Makuhitas' attack power fall once again. Makuhita grunted, and seemed to have even more trouble trying to throw Ponyta.

Makuhita can't pick and throw Ponyta that easily, she's bigger than most pokemon... So it needs to be strong to pick her up and throw her, Miles thought.

Miles, now with a plan, yelled, "Ponyta, keep using Growl!!"

Ponyta began to growl at Makuhita again, and Miles heard Brawley laugh. "You really think that Makuhita can't pick up Ponyta with his own strength? Those growl attacks didn't change anything!! Nice try, though! Now Makuhita, go and throw Ponyta into the air!!"

At first, Miles didn't want to beleive it, but to his horror, Brawley had been right. Makuhita had been strong enough after all. It hadn't been weakened from the growl attacks, it was only from the burn. Makuhita had thrown Ponyta into the air, causing Ponyta to whinnie in alarm.

"Ponyta!!!" Miles yelled, paniced.

Ponyta whinied helplessly, and she began to fall towards the ground. Miles' mind was racing. If Ponyta hit the ground, she would take alot of damage, and he doubted that she'd be able to stand again, or last that long in the battle either. There had to be some way to stop Ponyta from hitting the ground too hard, or at least slow down her fall...

Wait... Maybe...!

"Ponyta, use Ember towards the ground, and don't stop!!" Miles yelled.
    Ponyta, though still paniced a bit, opened her mouth and flames shot out of her mouth, hitting the ground. Miles heard Brawley laugh. "What will that do? Those flames aren't hitting Makuhita!! And once your Ponyta comes down to the ground, he'll finish her off!!" Makuhita smirked at this, but still winced. He was still being affected by the burn Ponyta gave him, which Miles had hoped for. Meanwhile, Ponyta seemed to slow her fall towards the ground from the ember attacks from the ground.

Ponyta continued to use ember on the ground, and got closer and closer to hitting the ground. Meanwhile, Makuhita was still wincing now and then from the burn. Then, when Ponyta was only a few feet away from the ground, Miles yelled, "Ponyta, start moving your hooves!!"

Ponyta whinied, and began to move her hooves like she was running, then, she hit the ground. Ponyta hit the ground hard, but she didn't fall. By beggining to run in the air, she had been able to land onto the ground with her hooves, then she nearly stumbled and fell, but Miles yelled, "Quick, use Ember on the ground to balance yourself!!"

Ponyta opened her mouth and small flames shot out, hitting the ground, and she nearly regained her balance, but then, she stumbled once again and fell to the ground, and she whinied in pain.

"Ponyta!!" Miles yelled, paniced. He hoped she would be able to get up, or she'd be defeated. Ponyta shook her head, then, attempted to get on her hooves. Unlike the other times, she had been able to get on her hooves. Miles sighed in relif, glad she had been able to stand. She looked pretty tired though, and Miles could understand from all the hits she had taken so far.

Brawley frowned and looked annoyed. "You...! Makuhita, use Bulk Up!!"

Makuhita grunted and winced, once again affected by the burn, then tightened its muscles once again, its attack power increasing.

"Now, use Sand Attack!!" Brawley yelled.

Makuhita winced again from the burn, then rushed over to Ponyta who was still busy trying to stay balanced on her hooves. Before Ponyta could react, Makhita kicked up some sand that sprayed her in the face, which made her accuracy fall. Ponyta whinied, shaking her head around after being hit by the sand attack.

"Now, use Arm Thrust!!" Brawley yelled. Makuhita winced again, then went over to Ponyta, ready to use Arm Thrust on her legs again.

Ponyta, however, had seen this coming and whinied before galloping, with a few stumbles now and then, away from Makuhita, avoiding the attack. She was much faster than the tubby pokemon, so there was no way it would be able to catch up to her.

"Now, Ponyta, use Ember!!" Miles yelled.

Ponyta whinied and opened her mouth and released the small flames. The flames, however, veered off course from Makuhita and hit the ground, missing Makuhita completley. Miles frowned. The side-affects from the Sand-Attack before had affected the embers' accuracy.

"Ponyta, use Tail Whip!!" Miles yelled.

Ponyta turned and ran towards Makuhita, then, smacked Makuhita with her fiery tail.

Then, Brawley yelled, "Makuhita, use Tackle!!" Makuhita grunted, then launched itself towards Ponyta and smacked right into her, causing her to whinnie in pain, its' weight helping the force of the blow.

"P-Ponytaaa!!"

Miles frowned, worried. Ponyta probably wouldn't be able to fight much longer, she looked exahausted.

"Ponyta, use Tackle!!" Miles yelled, hoping that if she used an attack that would make her closer to Makuhita, then she wouldn't miss. This plan however, backfired as Ponyta ended up veering away from Makuhita before she even got near it.

Brawley smirked at this, then yelled, "Makuhita, finish Ponyta off with Arm Thrust!!"

"Makuu!!"

Makuhita waited until Ponyta got closer to it, then, it launched its palm out near her legs, which caused her to whinnie in pain and trip and fall to the ground. She laid there, motionlessly, not getting up.

Brawley smirked, and said, "That wasn't bad, Miles. But you'll lose."

Miles pulled out Ponytas' pokeball and returned her. He looked down at her pokeball and said, "Thanks Ponyta, you did a great job. Taillow can do the rest..."

He put Ponyta's pokeball into his pocket and grabbed Taillows' pokeball again, yelling, "Come on Taillow, let's finish this!!"

Taillow emerged from his pokeball and was flapping his wings in the air. "Tai!!" The bird pokemon still seemed to be ready to fight, even after his battle before.

"Alright Taillow, use Focus Energy, then Quick Attack!!" Miles yelled.

"Taai!"

Taillow had the orange energy gather around his body, making him able to land critical hits more often. Then, the bird pokemon dived down, and hit Makuhita. The attack didn't do much however, as the tubby pokemon barely moved an inch. Then, Makuhita grabbed Taillow, causing Taillow to squak in panic.

Brawly smirked, then yelled, "Alright Makuhita! Now, hold it down and Tackle it!!"

Makuhita smirked, then pushed Taillow to the ground causing Taillow to squak in pain. Then, Makuhita jumped and threw its weight down on Taillow, crushing the bird pokemon.

"Taaai!!"

"Taillow, use Peck on Makuhita's hand to get out of its grip!!" Miles yelled.
    Taillow, still struggling a bit under Makuhita's weight, pulled his head back and jabbed at Makuhita's hand that was holding him down with his beak.
    Makuhita cried in pain and stuggled back onto its feet, letting go of Taillow, and grabbing the hand that had been hit. Taillow, having been freed from Makuhita's grip and weight, had flown back up into the air.

Brawley growled, then yelled, "Use Focus Energy Makuhita!!"

Makuhita gave an angry look at Taillow before having an orange energy surround its body, allowing it to land critical hits more often.

Makuhita is still being affected by burn, but its power has increased greatly because of its Guts ability, and it had been weakened by Ponyta for awhile... Now, it has a better chance of landing critical hits, which could end up knocking Taillow out witrh its increased power... I need to use some quick attacks and make sure to try and have Taillow avoid the full force of the blows, since he already fought Machop... Miles thought.

"Taillow, use Peck attack!" Miles yelled.

Taillow squaked, then dived down to hit Makuhita with his beak. Brawley smirked, then yelled, "Makuhita, use Sand Attack when Taillow gets close, then use Fake Out!!"

Makuhita immediatley kicked some sand right at Taillow, whioch was sprayed right into Taillows eyes. Taillow squaked, and began to glide left and right, the sand causing him to lose accuracy. As Taillow neared Makuhita, it smirked and brought its hands up, ready to bash them both into Taillow. Miles thought for a moment, then yelled, "Taillow, use Quick Attack towards the sky!!"

Taillow squaked, then just barely managed to fly past Makuhita's head, along with its hands which had tried to smack into Taillows body. Taillow was now flapping his wings in the air, squaking a few times. Miles sighed in releif. That was close...

Brawley frowned and growled, obviously annoyed that the attack hadn't hit Taillow. He couldn't do much else to attack Taillow, since Makuhita had no moves that he could use right now to reach Taillow from the height he was currently at. Now that Taillows accuracy was down, this was another disadvantage that Miles had, since if Taillow missed, he would be wide open for an attack from Makuhita unless Taillow got away fast enough.
    "Taillow, use Quick Attack!" Miles yelled.

Taillow swooped down with great speed towards Makuhita, but for a few moments, he swerved a little in the air before heading straight towards Makuhita. Brawley yelled, "Makuhita, use Arm Thrust when Taillow gets close!!" Makuhita grunted, then got into the position for Arm thrust, waiting for Taillow. Miles watched expectantly as Taillow neared Makuhita, then, he yelled, "Taillow, turn right!!"

This seemed o suprise both Brawley and Makuhita, and Taillow turned to the right and was on the side of Makuhita's body. Brawley growled, then yelled, "Makuhita, turn around and use Arm Thrust!!"

Makuhita began to turn around, but was too slow, and then, Miles yelled, "Taillow, use Peck and then Quick Attack to get away!!"

Taillow flew towards Makuhita to land the peck, but then Makuhita raised his arm to sheild the blow. That didn't mean that the blow didn't affect Makuhita though, Makuhita cried in pain as Taillow brought down his beak down onto Makuhita's arm. Taillow flew upwards once again.

Makuhita must be close to being knocked out by now... But if Taillow gets hit, he could be knocked out too, Miles thought, looking at Makuhita.

Then, he yelled, "Taillow, use Quick Attack and then use Peck!!"

Taillow squaked, then dived down with great speed straight towards Makuhita, this time, he didn't seem to be affected by the sand-attack. Taillow got closer and closer towards Makuhita, and then, Makuhita's hands slammed towards Taillows' body, stopping him in his attack.

"Taaai!!!"

Taillow squaked in pain, struggling in Makuhita's grip. Brawley smirked, and said, "Nice job Makuhita!!" He looked over towards Miles and said, still smirking, "Looks like I win, Miles Rail. It was close... But oh well."

Miles stayed silent, staring at Makuhita and Taillow, who was being held by Makuhita in a tight grip. Makuhita was smirking too, and brought Taillow a bit closer.

Taillows' body might be in Makuhita's grip... But not his head...! Miles thought. Brawley called, "Well, Miles Rail, any last words before Taillow gets knocked out?"

"Yeah... Taillow... USE A CLOSE-UP PECK ATTACK!!!" Miles yelled. This caused Brawley to give an alarmed look, along with Makuhita. Taillow squaked, then, brought his head back, and lunged with his beak forward, pecking Makuhita right on the forehead, a direct hit.

"M-Maaaakuuuu!!"

Makuhita cried in pain, and staggered a few feet in pain, still having his grip on Taillow. "Makuhita!!" Brawley yelled, alarmed. Makuhita swayed for a few moments, then stood straight before falling backwards, knocked out, its grip loosening and allowing Taillow to wriggle his way out of Makuhitas' hands. Taillow stood on Makuhita for a few moments, looking exahausted but proud too, then flapped his wings and flew a few feet into the air.

Brawley stared dumbly for a few moments at his knocked out Makuhita, while Miles was smiling and telling Taillow what a good job he had done fighting in his fight against Makuhita. Then, Brawley started laughing and said, "Hey, Miles, nice match, kid!! That was really close. Anyway... Here's your badge!" Brawley pulled out a badge and threw it over towards Miles, which he caught.

Miles smiled, and said, "Thanks!" He returned Taillow, then he turned and left the gym, now with two badges in his possesion.

slls81

Years
  • @Neku - Nice post, good battle with Brawly! Well done on earning your second badge :)

Congraulations Miles earned a Knuckle Badge

Congratulations Ponyta grew to Level 13
    Congratulations Taillow grew to Level 13 and learned Wing Attack

Zeph.

Years
  • Slateport City

Kliff waded trough the crowds as he got off the ferry from Dewford. He was pleased with the battles it had on board - and Tok managed to gain a healthy amount of experience too.

Slateport itself was very... Vermillion like. There wasn't much difference - there was a port, some buildings and it had the same salty air. Mind you, Slateport did have a nice beach - and no Diglett ridden tunnel.

For once, Kliff didn't have to go to the Pokecentre as soon as he got there - so he set about exploring the place. There was a marine museum. Bleagh. However, what did interest him was the local market. There were a lot of different stalls - selling things you wouldn't see in your regular Pokemart. Kliff was browsing the TM stall, slightly dissapointed at the limited selection. Just then, Tok managed to burst out of her pokeball,

"Prrrii!"

"Wait- what?" Kliff said in shock, "How did you-? Get back in!" he spat quietly at the small pokemon, pointing the pokeball at her.

However, Tok was out for a reason. Straight away, she walked over to a stand a few meters away, managed to climb up some boxes and onto the table. She sat down and poked at an object, laughing. Kliff, totally confused, went over to see what she had found,

It was a toy - her size, her colour. Infact, it was a replica of her. A Togepi doll. Kliff sighed,

"That's 20 dollars," the man behing the stall said, holding out his hand to Kliff, who jumped back,

"No, sorry! We're not buying..." he said in a rush. However Tok's eyes welled up as she was about to erupt into tears. Kliff sighed heavily and coughed up the cash.

----------

Following the signs located around, Kliff headed for the Pokemart - with Tok following behind happily lugging the replica of it around. Occasionally, she would drop it, and then look at it worriedly. However she would simply smile afterwards and continue lofting it around as if nothing had happened. Kliff eventually started to notice a few people staring and pointing at Tok and her new 'friend'.

"Okay Tok," he said holding out her pokeball, "enough for now. Back you go," Tok was sucked into the sphere, and Kliff stuffed the doll into his bag. With a slightly quicker pace, he walked into the Pokemart to buy some status healing items.

(OOC: Ack! Filler! :P)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles took in a breath of fresh air. He heard diffrent conversations of trainers as they walked past him on the ferry. After he had beaten Brawly, he had gone to the Pokemon Center for his pokemon to be healed, and he heard that a ferry was leaving soon, so Miles had went over to the pier and boarded the ferry before it had taken off. Now, he was leaning on a railway staring at the ocean. Miles put his hand into the pocket where he kept his pokeballs and pulled one out, then pressed the button releasing Azurill.

She blinked and then looked aorund and up at him. "Azu?" Miles smiled and picked her up, and said, "Look Azurill!! That's the ocean. pretty big, huh?" Azurill stared with wide eyes at the ocean, then she replied in a happy tone, "Azu!! Azurill!!" Miles laughed. Then, he heard some kids going past him say, "Hey, did you hear? That famous fisherman Tony is on board!! He's giving out free lessons!" "Whoa, really? We have to get over there!!"
    Miles thought for a moment, thinking, Well, I don't think I need a water type because I have Azurill... He stared down at Azurill, who had gotten out of his grip and was running down the hallway, near Miles, of course.

Miles shurgged, thinking, Can't hurt to check it out!

He said, "Come on Azurill! We're gonna go watch people fish." Azurill probably had no idea what that meant, but she let out a happy "Azu!!" and started waddling after him.

Miles watched all of the people who were on the deck casting out their lines, waiting for a pokemon to bite and if they got a bie, then they tried to catch it. One man, who looked pretty old and was sitting in a chair, was giving a few younger kids instructions. Miles guessed that this was the Tony fisherman guy that the kids had been talking about. Miles watched as a few people were waiting for their lines to get a bite, while Azurill was busy running around the deck letting out happy, "Azu's". Miles turned around when he heard one trainer yell with excitement, "I've got a bite!!"

Miles watched with intrest as the trainer was reeling in the line, and then the trainer pulled in the line only to have a Magikarp on his line. The trainer gave an annoyed look, obviously unhappy catching the Magikarp. Bute before the trainer could release the Magikarp from the bait at the end, the Magikarp who had been struggling to get free had managed to free itself, but sent itself flying onto the deck and landed on......

Azurill.

Miles gawked for a few moments as the red fish had landed on poor Azurill. The Magikarp flopped off of her and was now flopping on the ground. Poor Azurill had tears in her big eyes, and Miles thought she was going to run over to him crying, but he was wrong. Way wrong.

Azrurill made an angry "Azu!!" and pushed her tail down to the ground, and used it as a spring to fly and smack into the red fish. Then, she started smacking its' sides with her tail back and fourth, which Miles couldn't tell if the smacks of Azurill's tail had made it flop back and fourth on the deck or if it was just, well, flopping by itself...

Then, Azurill had pulled her tail back, and then with an angry cry, brought her tail forward, along with some mud that had materialized out of nowhere, and smacked it right into Maikarp. The Magikarp let out a "Karp!" before flopping over to the railing and fell back into the ocean. Miles hadn't been the only one who had gawked, as some of the other trainers who ahd been fishing had stopped fishing and started staring as well, some gawking with Miles.

Then, poor little Azurill burst into tears and started waddling towards Miles. She used her tail as a spring to jump into his arms and Miles was busy trying to comfort her. He turned from the deck, and started walking down a hallway of the ferry, saying, "Come on Azurill, it's okay! You beat up the red fish..." He wondered for a moment why Azurill seemed to have such bad luck, since the first time she had been scared by a crazy girl and now she had been scared by a Magikarp which had fallen on her. I wonder if this has to do with her egg being number seven, Miles thought for a moment, then, he shook his head. It was probably just some weird coincidenses that would never happen again...right?

Miles was now relaxing in the Pokemon Center, with Azurill sitting on the table, now calm after the 'freak Magikarp' accident. After thinking for a few moments, Miles said, "You know, I should give you a nickname, Azurill."

Azurill gave a curious look, saying, "Azurill?"

Miles thought for a few moments, saying, "Hm... Maybe... Zurill?"

Azurill seemed to think about this for a few moments, then, she let out a happy, "Azu!!", obviously happy with the nickname. Miles laughed, smiling, and said, "Well, Zurill it is!!" Then, he thought for a few more moments. Maybe I should give my other pokemon nicknames too... Hm...

His thoughts were interupted when he heard someone yell, "Hey, bandanna kid with the Azurill! You want to battle?"

Miles looked over to see a kid who looked about 14, maybe 15 years old. Miles stood up and said, "Sure, why not?" The boy nodded, then said, "Alright then, let's go." Miles told Zurill to follow him, and she hopped off the table, landing softly as she used her tail as a cushion and began to waddle after Miles and the boy who had challenged him.

(OOC: Possible nicknames for Miles's team in future posts, if that's alright. Hope this post was long enough, too...)

slls81

Years
  • @Zeph - Haha nice post, made me laugh. Now Kliff has to lug that doll all the way around Hoenn...

@Neku - Yeah nicknames are fine by me :) Technically Azurill isn't meant to battle until Level 3, but i was going to level her up anyway so that's fine.

Congratulations Azurill grew to Level 3 and can now battle!
    Congratulations Azurill learned Refresh, Splash and Charm

n.b. I'll add Zurill's new nickname to the OOC thread :)

Back