• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
  • OOC: Sorry for the delay in posting this.

As you enter Fallarbor Town, you receive a message from Officer Jenny on your pokédex.

After your performance in Meteor Falls, my officers and I could use your help. Rendezvous at the Trainers Rest House on the Northern part of Route 111, 9 o'clock sharp on Wednesday night. Please bring the card you managed to retrieve at Meteor Falls. More details will be revealed at the meeting. Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Officer Jenny

To get to the Trainer House, you will need to go through Route 113.

Route 113

Number of Posts: 2-4

Description: Connects Fallarbor Town and the Desert in Hoenn. The entire route is covered in Volcanic Ash, making it difficult to travel through.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area
    Spinda

Level: 13-16
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Attacks: Tackle, Uproar, Faint Attack, Psybeam (Level 16)
    Nature: Random

Sandshrew

Level: 13-16
    Type: Ground
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Attacks: Scratch, Defence Curl, Sand Attack

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area
    Skarmory

Level: 10-13
    Type: Steel/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye or Sturdy
    Attacks: Leer, Peck, Sand Attack, Swift (Level 13)

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

Years
  • (my trainer info hasn't been posted on the OOC title page yet, but here's my post nontheless)

It was moderately foggy down in Fallarbor Town, and also quite small, which didn't bring much to Carl's imagination. There were a few places of interest, such as the Pokemon Center and PokeMart, that and a few small houses. Therefore, Carl decided to follow Officer Jenny's command and follow through Route 113.
    Carl shook his head from side to side as he crossed thr footpath out of the town, and it appeared to have been deserted of any people his age. To him, this place was already considered 'Grannyville'. He only just reached the gate to Fallarbor, when he could feel a sudden blast of dusty, unclear air.
    "What the... what's this?!" he choked, not expecting this cloud of ash to blow in his face. A bypasser turned over to Carl and explained briefly.
    "Hehehe, you aren't from these parts are ya?" he was a rather old man, who seemed jolly.
    "No, I'm from the other side of Meteor Falls. I'm trying to cross this route so that I can reach the Trainer House." Carl explained.
    "Well you'll be waiting a couple of days to get to the Trainer House sonny, you've got to cross this route!" he explained, still seeming to be very cheerful. However, Carl sighed to himself.
    "Oh, well that's alright, I have to be there for Wednesday at 9pm, and it's Monday so bring it on." Carl wasn't worried anymore.
    "That's alright, then. Just go straight through this route and don't make any turns. And don't worry, as long as it stops getting windy, you won't get ash blown into your eyes!"
    "'ll try my best not to, thanks!" Carl thanked him and ended the conversation, taking a further step onto Route 113.
    A few steps further in, and Carl could feel heaps of ash mounded into the grass, aside several cactus plants so he had to be careful of falling and getting punctured. Step, by step, by step through this ash-flooded grass was like trying to get your feet out of quicksand, and Carl's shoes were already covered in the stuff.
    As Carl got further through the route, he could see many children running through the ash and even making castles with the stuff. This bemused him, and he thought that this stuff would be dangerous. And if the ash wasn't, the temperature certainly was. About an hour into the path, and Carl was parched. The sun's rays had dried his throat up like a sponge, which didn't help at all. He needed some refreshment as soon as possible, before he would pass out.
    The path didn't seem to be getting any shorter as Carl kept going forwards, all he could see were brown trees, brown bushes, and hardly much else as the ash scattering from the sky was dimming the atmosphere, making it hard for Carl to see anything in the distance. However, to the left, Carl could see something, which was not brown; it was big, red and yellow. Then, he could see that this thing had windows and a door, which meant that this would be a house. This could just be the heat stroke taking an effect on Carl, as he was stuck in the middle of a path in a climate which would have been at least 50 degrees centigrade, but it looked so real. Feeling relieved to finally have a chance of getting refreshed, Carl ran forward in order to get closer to the house, although stupidly forgetting about the huge volume of ash plunged into the grass, Carl tripped over himself and fell flat into the wide grass.
    "Ugh..." Carl panted, not having the energy to get up. Everyone had gone, even the children who were playing before, so he was deserted until someone would take it upon themselves to help him. Eventually, Carl turned his head as he heard a flock of birds. However, these birds did not sound like regular birds, their cries had some sort of echo, as if they were speaking through a metal can. This cry neared closer and closer to Carl's ears, before he could then notice three big, silver birds with red wings squarking directly at him. Suddenly feeling more alert, Carl slowly got up, taking his Pokedex out of his bag to examine these strange birds.
    "Skarmory, the Armor Bird Pokemon. Despite being covered in armor, Skarmory can fly at speeds over a hundred and eighty miles per hour." the Pokedex had read out.
    These Pokemon seemed interesting, although strange to Carl. They didn't look like regular birds at all, except that they had beaks and wings. They also didn't look happy at all with Carl, as they all stpeed closer to him.
    "What are you doing?!" he shouted, as they began to flap their wings, gathering a lot of ash together off the grass and then pummeling Carl with the ash. This was Sand Attack.
    "Argh..." Carl fell back to the grass, this time completely buried in sand, except from his face. The Skarmory weren't ound to leave him alone yet, either. It appeared to be as if these Skarmory ruled this part of the path. Carl got back up, getting a Poke Ball from his shoulder bag.
    "Okay, Houndour! Come out and use Roar!" a red ray zapped out of the Poke Ball, and then Formed Houndour, who also looked ready for a fight.
    "Hou-" it brought it's throat back before then expelling an immense bark, "-dour!!!" the noise coming from Houndour was immense, and even Skarmory began to feel scared of it. Admitting defeat, the three of them had flew off in the direction they came from, leaving Carl alone.
    "Good work, Houndour." Carl smiled at his Houndour, thanking it for saving him from he flock of Skarmory. It smiled straight back towards him.
    Both Carl and Houndour toook a couple of steps towards the house which he had seen before, before straight away, some bald, yet skinny looking figure had came rushing out of the door in Carl's direction, who then stopped as soon as he stood in front of Carl, wondering what was going on.
    "What just happened?" he seemed to have been worried from Houndour's loud Roar.
    "Oh, that was just my Houndour. I was just ambushed by a group of Skarmory, so I figured that Houndour would have been able to tail them away." Carl simply explained.
    "Fair enough, good work, kid. Skarmory can be a real pest to anyone who crosses their path. They're also pretty fast, so if you encounter anymore, don't try running."
    "Don't worry, I've got my little Pokemon repellent right here!" Carl joked, looking towards houndour who also barked, looking really cute and hyper, ready for more action.
    "Excellent! Say, do you want to take a rest in my house for the night?" he offered.
    "If possible, thanks so much!" Carl felt grateful to finally be taking a rest after walking down this ash-drenched path to the Trainer House, especially considering that it was now the night time, continuing the path at this time would be near enough impossible. Everyone walked into the house, which looked very calm and relaxing, as if it were a hostel. The hallway connected a few rooms together, while the stairs were laid to the left.
    "There's a spare room upstairs, if you want to make yourself at home. There's also a refrigerator full of soda, so you won't be parched for much longer!" the man had continued to make Carl feel welcome here for the night, as he then took his first step onto the stairs with Houndour.
    "thanks so much, you're a saint." Carl thanked him quietly, seeming really grateful for the man's offers.
    "It's fine, don't worry kid! Have a good rest!" he wandered off into the living room, leaving Carl to continue heading up the stairs with Houndour, to then find the door which said 'Occupied' on the front of it. Feeling privileged to be staying, Carl opened the door steadily and switched the light on.
    The room appeared to had been very basic, not much stylish, although there was everything Carl needed to get through the night and refresh himself. First off, the single bed was placed right next to the window, which displayed quite a decent view as ash was falling from the sky like winter snow. Also in the room, there was a refrigerator as promised, which was laid right next to the rug where Houndour could sleep. Also beside the bed was a desk with an alarm clock, displaying the time '22:25' showing that it was quite late.
    Without further hesitation, Carl took out one can of Soda Pop from the fridge and sat on the bed, while Houndour had curled up on the rug. Feeling curious Carl, looked around the room to see if there was anything that Houndour could drink. He put down his Soda Pop and looked under the bed, to notice a silver bowl, which he had then took out.
    "Thirsty, Houndour?" he asked. Houndour quickly reacted, barking and wagging it's tail in excitement. Carl had then took his Soda Pop and poured out a fraction of it into the silver bowl for Houndour to drink, leaving some for himself.
    "There we go!" they were all feeling refreshed from the walk down what could have been the trickiest route so far in his journey, and there was more to come tomorrow. All Carl could hope for was that the weather would be better, and he would have more energy to walk quicker through the ash. Carl and Houndour were tired, so Carl turned out the light, closed the door, changed into the pajamas in his bag and then tucked himself into bed, the only light coming from the dusty brown sky outside of the window.
    "Goodnight, Houndour!" Carl whispered, before then closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep. Houndour doing the same.

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @RK9 - Welcome back to the RP. I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to putting your team up in the OOC thread yet, things have been a bit hectic recently. I'll try to get it up today if possible.

Just something I noticed in your post. The trainer house is located North of the desert, at the end of Route 113. So you don't need to go through the desert to reach it as you mentioned in your post.

Years
  • The night had flown by as Carl had slept in the suprisingly really comfortable bed of the house which he had taken rest in. However, during the crack of dawn and Carl was only a few hours within his sleep, he had received a rude awakening from his Houndour, who was barking away.
    "Hound! Hound! Hound! Houndour!" it kept barking and running around the room, seeming really energetic considering that it was only 4:00am, according to the alarm clock.
    "What's up, Houndour?" Carl seemed calm, considering the rude awakening. Just then, Carl remembered that Houndour's special ability was Early Bird, so it'd always wake up early after a sleep.
    "Oh, that's right, Early Bird." Carl looked over his shoulder to see Houndour still jumping around, whereas Carl could barely keep his eyes open. He was able to reach his bag from his bed, so he was able to grab Houndour's Poke Ball.
    "Return, we'll get going later." he clicked the Poke Ball, then contracting a red ray which touched Houndour and absorbed it inside the Poke Ball, then placing it back in the bag.
    Just as Carl placed his head back onto the pillow, Carl could then hear another shout coming from outside the door. This time, it was the man who owned the house.
    "What was that?" he seemed comfused about the barking.
    "That was Houndour. It's special ability is Early Bird, so it always wakes up earlier than others. Sorry about that." Carl apologized for the noise, still too tired to speak out loud.
    "Oh, doesn't matter then. Try and get some more sleep!" he then walked back off.
    Sleep was exactly what Carl had in mind at this moment, feeling really drowzy. His head touched the pillow once again, and he closed his eyes, no further distractions to interrupt his night sleep. It didn't take him but a few minutes to drift off into a refreshiing sleep.
    This time, the sleep lasted a whole lot longer. Many more hours passed and the sun had rose, although this didn't contain the ash which could still be seen scattering down from the sky. Without any interruptions, Carl had woke up feeling much more refreshed and raring to go.
    He stood up in his pajamas, and took his clothes then got dressed slowly. Once all of his clothes were on, he grabbed his bag and all of his other belongings, and then left the bedroom.
    After he left the room, Carl walked down the hallway and then down the stairs, the home owner was just passing through and was noticing him leaving.
    "Are you going to be alright?" he questioned, still appearing really caring.
    "Yeah, don't worry. Thanks for letting me stay, also. I'm so grateful." Carl thanked him.
    "It's my pleasure, just stay safe, okay?"
    "With my Pokemon here to protect me, I don't think danger could possibly get in the way." Carl explained, smiling.
    "Good! See you!" the man wandered off into another room, leaving Carl to leave the house through the front door and back out into the ash-drenched Route 113.
    Today was Tuesday, so it would be a good idea to get going through the route as quick as possible, because from the view at the moment, the Trainer House could not be seen. The constant scattering of ash was blocking the sight of any building, all that could be seen were patches of tall grass and rocks, so Carl had to be careful where he was going.
    He continued to walk down the path alone once again, feeling slightly bored and unmotivated seen as it just looked as if he wasn't getting anywhere for now. Therefore, while he was walking, he took out his phone to call Lucie to ask where she was. He took his mobile phone from his pocket and began to call her.
    "Hey Carl, what's up?" she replied after a few rings.
    "Where are you? Are you coming to the rendezvous at the Trainer House tomorrow?" Carl questioned her.
    "Yeah, I'm on my way. Just chilling in Fallarbor Town at the moment." she explained.
    "Nice, I'm in the middle of Route 113 right now, man is it boring."
    "It looks really dusty down there... is it safe?" Lucie asked, feeling a little conscious.
    "It's not as dangerous as it looks, you've just got to be careful of-" whilst Carl was busy walking and talking at the same time, he was interrupted as he wasn't paying attention to the path and bumped into a bypassing small girl with pink, tied up hair. While bumping into her, she also accidentally tripped over the tip of Carl's foot and fell to the ground, face first. Carl was startled.
    "Uh... I'll call you back." Carl hung up his phone, put it in his pocket and turned his attention to this girl.
    "Oh my, are you alright?" he felt sorry. However, she felt enraged, as while she fell, she dropped a blue object which she was holding. This object was now in pieces, which enraged her even more.
    "Do... I... LOOK ALRIGHT?!" she immediately got up and yelled directly in his face.
    "Wow... easy..." Carl took a couple of steps back in fear; she clearly seemed to be angry.
    "Look what you just did!" she pointed to the pile of blue pieces on the rocky floor where she just fell, "Do you know how much time it took to make that?!" she was still shouting.
    "Do you know how hard it is to see where you're going in this weather?" Carl shrugged defensively, although the girl still wasn't showing any mercy.
    "I don't care! That Blue Flute took weeks to create, you're going to pay for that!" her voice was still echoing into his ear.
    "Calm down! Listen, I don't have much money, so what do you want from me?" Carl just seemed confused.
    "If I can't make you pay me, then I challenge you to a 1 on 1 Pokemon Battle! I'll make your Pokemon pay!" she sounded like she meant business, but Carl just giggled to himself.
    "Ha! Is that what you think?"
    "Shut up! My Pokemon will destroy yours!" she folded her arms.
    "Alright then, if you're willing to show yourself up, so am I." Carl smiled confidently, ready for a quick battle that he was certain about winning, after all, he had nothing to lose.

King!

better
    Years
  • Chapter 2: Beauty of the Beast part 2

Sharon squealed and covered her large hair with her hands.She hadn't expected the FISHERMAN to be doing the battling. Of course, that'sprobably what she would have done if her Pokemon sucked as hard as theirs.Still flinching, she squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the worst. Henryrolled his eyes and stepped in front of his sister. "Okay you two, are youreally going to hit a girl?" he asked, rolling his eyes at them. The two menstopped and stared at Henry, scratching their heads.

"Uh…no?" Feebas man replied, tilting his head to the side.The other man just stared.

"Good. Well then let's settle this the mature way," Henrysuggested, a smile starting to form on his face. "How about your Feebas battleshis Magikarp?" This should be good! Unfortunately, the guys shook their heads.

"It won't work, we've tried. The must like each other toomuch, since all they do is flop around." Henry smacked his forehead and sighed.That was all they did period.

"Um, well then how about they battle…Sharon's Pokemon?" Hegestured towards his older sister. "They don't even know her Pokemon!" Thefishermen nodded eagerly. Hearing her name, Sharon immediately snapped out ofher 'ready' stance.

"You want me to battle THOSE buffoons!?" she exclaimed,looking back and forth between the fishermen and Henry.

"Yep! Unless, of course, you'd rather stay here until theydecide which of their Pokemon is better THEMSELVES." He smirked at Sharon, whogrunted in response.

"Whatever…" she sighed, grabbing two pokeballs from herbelt. "Silk, Spoink, let's do this!" The fishermen called their Pokemonforward, both of which were flopping around uselessly. "Okay Silky, get 'emwith your Poison Sting!" The spider leaped forward, sending a spray of needlestowards the fish.

"Use Splash!" the fishermen called in unison. Magikarp andFeebas dove into the water, avoiding Silk's poison needles. They continued toflop around, sending water over the edge of the bridge and splashing Silk andSpoink. As they were now in the water, Silk's attacks couldn't do much to thefish – and unfortunately, Silk couldn't swim himself. Luckily, she still hadSpoink.

"Two can play at this game. Spoink, use Splash!" Sharoninstructed.

"Wow, I never thought I'd hear you say that one," Henrycommented, and Sharon shot him a nasty look. Henry smiled back in return.Spoink jumped up high, and then landed in the water, sending waves crashingthrough the river. The two fish Pokemon were thrown a bit off balance, andstopped flopping around quite as much.

"Now use Psywave, Spoink!" Spoink concentrated on one of thewaves, turning it into a bright rainbow-like color. The wave zoomed towards thefish, picking up speed along the way.

"Splash!" one of the fisherman yelled, and the Feebas hoppedback onto the bridge. But it was too late for Magikarp – who caught the wavehead on, and was thrusted under the water.

"Spoink, go after it with Splash! Silk, use String Shot onFeebas!" Before the brown fish could flop away, Silk's web surrounded it, pullingthe fish closer to Sharon and Spinarak. "Poison Sting!" This time, the needlescaught Feebas head-on. The fish squealed and jiggled some more, hurt. Suddenly,Spoink and Magikarp arose from the river, crashing onto the wooden bridge.Sharon screamed and jumped. Taking care of two Pokemon at once was lots ofwork! However, the Magikarp appeared to be knocked out. For once, it was lyingcompletely still.

"Darn…" Magikarp's trainer said, calling the fish back into itspokeball.

"YYYYYES!" the other fisherman exclaimed, jumping up anddown. Sharon was sure that the bridge was about to collapse under him at anymoment. "I WIN! FEEBAS RULES! HAHAHAHAHA! IN YOUR FA- what's up with you?" Theother fisherman's eyes had grown wide as he stared at Feebas. The tiny fish,still in Silk's clutches, was glowing. It grew longer and bigger, breaking outof Silk's web, and slipping off of the side of the deck. "Feebas….you're….beautiful!"

"Seriously!?" Sharon yelled, glaring at the new Pokemon. Itreally WAS pretty, with a long, flowing body and majestic eyes. Henry lookedunimpressed.

"You mean that your Feebas was this close to evolving into aMilotic, and you never told it to use Tackle? Not even ONCE?" he asked, glaringat Milotic's trainer. The man rubbed his forehead and smiled sheepishly.

"Well…uh…you know…erm…"

"Enough with this!" Sharon exclaimed, annoyed. "Let's getthis battle over with so I can get home."

"Oh, right. Feeb- I mean, Milotic! Use…er…what…can it use?"The beautiful Pokemon glanced at her trainer and made a noise awfully similarto a sigh. Then it gathered all the water it could, and shot a huge liquid balltowards the bridge.

"Spoink, counter it with Psybeam! Silk, use Night Shade toget close, then Leech Life!" The Pokemon did as told – while Spoink's Psybeamstopped the Water Pulse, Silk zoomed towards Milotic, and hopped onto her,sinking his pinchers into the water Pokemon's side. Milotic squealed and triedto shake Silk off. The spider continued to suck the life out of Milotic, untilfinally, it was thrown back onto the deck. Before Milotic could do anythingelse, Spoink fired another Psybeam, which hit Milotic in the face. Enraged,Spoink's opponent lunged – right for the tiny pig. Sharon wasn't sure if sheshould yell for Silk to help, or for Spoink to do something. Instead, sheyelled, "Splink!" as Milotic sent Spoink spiraling into the water. Henry facepalmed once more, shaking his headin his hands.

"Really Sharon? 'Splink' is the best thing you could come upwith?"

"Oh shut it!" Sharon replied angirliy. "Silk, do something!"The spider jumped into action, firing more needles towards Milotic's back. Asthey reached the Pokemon, it shuddered – poisoned. Yes! With the damage frombefore as a Feebas, couple with Leech Life and now this… It was only a matterof time! They just had to hang in there!

With a flick of its tail, Milotic threw Silk off of it – andinto the water. Silk flailed about helplessly, and Sharon quickly recalled itinto its Pokeball. "Guess it's one on one now, huh?" she said to Spoink, whohad resurfaced into the bridge. "We're almost done, buddy, just a couple moremoves. We have to stay out of the way though. Odor Sleuth!" Spoink closed hereyes and stuck her nose in the air, sniffing. Meanwhile, Milotic was busytaking in water. As she fired the ball at Spoink, the tiny pig quickly hopped,sensing the Water Pulse coming. Milotic shuddered again, almost reaching itslimit. With one final try, it lunged at Spoink. But once again, Spoink's noseruled, and the Psychic type dodged Milotic's attack. The serpent kept going andcrashed into the water, shuddered one more time, and closed her eyes, defeated.

"AHA! Finally, I won!" Sharon exclaimed, scooping Spoink upand hugging her. "See? BOTH of your Pokemon STINK! Come on guys, let's go!" Herhead held high, Sharon grabbed Henry's hand and pulled him along the bridge,pushing pass the dumb-founded fisherman. As they passed, Henry shrugged at themen.

"She's crazy," he said, grinning.

slls81

Years
  • @R.K.9 - Looking forward to your first battle since coming back. Can't wait to see how Carl uses his team :)

@King! - That was certainly an... interesting battle, was definitely surprised to see the Fisherman's Feebas evolve halfway through. Glad to see Sharon pick up a win :)

Congratulations Spinarak (Silk) grew to Level 16
    Congratulations Spoink grew to Level 16 and learned Psych Up

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Vs. Skarmory I

The Pokedex was beeping. Over and over and over. Kliff grumbled in the bed, shuffling through the things on the floor until he found the device. With one eye still half closed, he brought the machine up and opened it.

"Finally..." murmured an equally tired voice. Kliff simply rolled his sleepy eyes at Lauren, before reding the message he got.

It was from the police. Kliff sat up almost instantly, immidiately awake now. Apparently, he was to meet up with them at a 'Trainer Rest House' on Route 111, and he was to bring a card? He didn't have a card... but maybe one of the others found one.

It was 8 a.m. Kliff decided to get up and make the most of the morning. He had three new pokemon to train too - so he had his work cut out for him. In a way, though, he couldn't wait to start using them.

He walked across the room to the other bed and shook his travelling comrade, "Something's come up. I've got to get ready now."

Lauren blinked rapidly as she adjusted to being awake, "Why are you telling me this?" she asked, rubbing the side of her head,

Kliff walked to the door, heading for the showers, "Just incase you thought I'd ditched you," he said with a slight grin.

"Just relax. I'll come with I suppose..."

Once he was ready, Kliff sat on the bed, waiting for Lauren. He thought about his message again. From what he gathered, the police thought he and the other trainers were some sort of crime-busting group. He had stumbled into something quite big by mistake here. But he couldn't exactly back out now, could he? But then, why sould he be doing the police's job?

He double checked with his PokeNav. He needed to go in the direction of Route 111 anyway, so he might as well see what all this was about.

"You coming or what?" Laurne asked, poking her head into the room,

"Sure," Kliff said, pocketing his gear, "Can't keep the police waiting can we?"

Outside, the two trainers entered Route 113. What was striking about the route was the falling ash. It mimicked snowfall, but the temperature was quite tepid. Green prints could be seen here and there, where people had been walking (as well as pokemon).

The thought of pokemon reminded Kliff about the training. He released Colo first of all. If he was doing anything first, then he was going to toughen up a Lotad.

"Okay Colo, ready for some training?" Kliff asked the water/grass type. The lillipad pokemon looked at Kliff inquisitively, before blowing a single bubble.

"..." Kliff paused. That probably meant okay, "Good! Let's find an opponent then."

After a few minutes of searching, Kliff saw something in the sky, approaching them.

"Hey Kliff, look up there!" Lauren said, seeing it too, "I think it's a pokemon!"

"Yea, I see it..." Kliff said. It didn't really look like a bird pokemon, however as it got closer, its wings were clear to see.

And also sharp looking.

Kliff gave up trying to guess and aimed his pokedex at it. The machine showed the pokemon to be a Skarmory. And going by the picture on the screen, it looked fierce.

"That might be a bit much for Colo..." Kliff said. However, no sooner than saying that had Skarmory swooped in and grasped Colo with one claw.

Kliff swore as his new Lotad was being carried off, "Colo! Nature Power!"

The lillipad pokemon ceased panicking and used it's attack. Since it was in midair, a small tornado of air came billowing from its mouth, catching Skarmory off-guard. However the steel pokemon simply reassured its grip on Colo and continued to fly off.

"Kliff, we're gonna loose it!" Lauren gasped.

Kliff growled. Already something was trying to eat Colo. They had to follow it. The trainer ran on foot after Skarmory, who noticed and simply flew off faster.

"Use Mist!" Kiff yelled at his hostage pokemon. Shortly after, just as Skarmory was about to dissapear behing the trees some yards off, a stream of the mist began to flow from it. Now, once they landed, Kliff could tell where they were. He didn't stop running, and threw a pokeball out in front of him, releasing Viper.

"Follow me Viper! We'll need your help!" Kliff said to the snake as he ran next to him. Viper, more curious than anything, slithered alongside his new trainer. The Seviper was surprisingly complient when not in a Zangoose's company.

"Kliff!" Lauren called after, catching up with him.

[OOC: Sorry to keep you waiting :P]

Years
  • Upon being confronted by what appeared to be a bratty child, Carl wasn't afraid. Matter of fact, he thought that this battle would go a breeze, and he could do with a bit of practice. On the other hand, this girl with pink hair and a blue tank top thought that her Pokemon, whatever it would be would teach Carl a lesson and punish him for causing her to fall and break her Blue Flute. Without much time being wasted, they both stood apart of the path and got things under way.
    "Let's teach this guy a lesson, Meditite!" she tossed a Poke Ball out from her purse, releasing a small, purple, child-like creature.
    "Medi-tite! Medi!" it jumped up with it's skinny legs, then landed on the ground and crossed it's legs and arms, in a sort of meditating position. Carl took this time to analyze this Pokemon with his Pokedex.
    "Meditite, the Meditate Pokemon. It levitates when it heightens its spiritual power through meditation." it read. Noticing this, Carl thought that it seemed to be quite a calm Pokemon, unlike it's trainer.
    "Well? What are you going to choose?" she questioned Carl, ready to battle.
    "Get ready to be shown up! Come on, Houndour!" Carl tossed the Poke Ball to the ground, unleashing Houndour.
    "Houn-Houndour!!" it barked, in a competitive mood.
    "Wait, you're using a Dark type against a Fighting Type? Ha!" the girl bragged at the sight of Houndour.
    "Yes, I am. Type means nothing when you've got a Pokemon as powerful as Houndour, ain't that right?" Carl shook his head.
    "Houn!" Houndour barked in agreement to Carl, and then concentrated back on Meditite.
    "If you say so. Let's prove these suckers wrong, Meditite! Use Confusion!" she commanded, of the top of her head, which was then when she realised that she made a mistake, "-no wait!" but it was too late, as Meditite had already began to focus it's Psychic energy towards Houndour.
    "Mediiiii-" it forced it's Psychic power towards Houndour, although nothing was happening at all.
    "Forget to do your homework? Psychic attacks don't work on Dark type Pokemon!" Carl chuckled.
    "Pfft! I wasn't thinking..." she folded her arms and stropped.
    "You can say that again! Use Howl!" Carl decided to take upon this oppurtunity to boost Houndour's attack power.
    "Houuuuuuuu!" it raised it's neck, opened it's mouth and then sat on it's hind legs before letting out a huge howl through it's throat in a mystic tone, boosting Houndour's attacking spirit.
    "Less talk, or bark... and more fighting! Use Brick Break!" this was more of a logical choice, seen as it would have a strong effect on Houndour, a Dark type.
    "Medi-" Meditite took a leap into the air off it's skinny legs and extended it's skinny right arm, with it's rather large hand pointed out at the end.
    "Houndour! Look out!" Carl alerted Houndour, who was standing looking from side to side and not focussing on Meditite's attack.
    "Houn-dour!" it noticed Meditite crashlanding from the sky with it's arm pointing out, and quickly leapt out of the way.
    "-tiiiite!" as it didn't have enough time to retain it's form and land smoothly, Meditite's arm hit the ground like a brick, which looked like it hurt for a second as it took a couple of seconds for Meditite to get back up of the ground.
    "Argh, you're crafty!" the girl commented.
    "I know, it's just my style. Use Bite, Houndour!"
    "Houn-dour!" Houndour ran off it's two back legs in the direction of Meditite, before it had then opened it's mouth, revealing it's sharp fangs.
    "Not going to let you do this! Use Bide!" the girl commanded.
    "Medi..." Meditite appeared to glow, as it remained in it's meditating position, not appearing to make any other movements. This was before Houndour had finally reached Meditite.
    "Hound!" Houndour lunged Meditite with it's pointed teeth. The attack appeared to have had a strong effect, as Meditite spent even more strength trying to absorb energy from Bide, causing it to glow further.
    "Keep absorbing it's attacks, hun!" the girl kept encouraging Meditite to take in energy from Houndour's attacks, and Carl knew what she was doing.
    "I know your game, I've had Bide used against me before. Come on Houndour, let's use Leer this time." Carl calmly said, using a new method.
    "Hou..." Houndour began to growl, it's eyes firmly centred towards Meditite's eyes, which were also wide open and not making a single movement as it was levitating. Then, Houndour's eyes began to glow as they fixed into an intimidating stare.
    "Medi... Medi..." Meditite was still levitating, although twitching slightly from the effects of Leer. All in all, it didn't appear to be affected too much as it was too busy absorbing energy.
    "Okay, now use Ember!" Carl didn't care about Bide, as Houndour had the strength to deal a lot of damage as it is, now.
    "Houuuuu-" Houndour leant back it's neck to charge up many small flares within it's throat, "-dour!" eventually, it hurled up all of these flares into the air and in the direction of Meditite, who was then slapped by this force of fireballs. This attack energy had not only agitated Meditite's concentration through Bide, but it began to glow even further.
    "Enough! Unleash, Meditite!" the girl clicked her fingers, eady to let Meditite to attack.
    "Medi-tiiiiite!" Meditite, opened it's arms, and unleashed all the attack energy which it absorbed from Houndour's attacks. This energy was huge, it bursted right across the ground and hit Houndour like a bullet.
    "Hou!" it barked in shock, and once the light energy had faded away, Houndour appeared to have trouble standing up.
    "Don't give up, Houndour! You've only been attacked once!" Carl was determined to motivate Houndour to continue, despite of how weak it looked. However, Meditite wasn't looking perfect itself, it was shiverring from the effects of the attacks which it was hit with while it was storing energy, and releasing the energy exhausted it. It looked frail.
    "Use Bite!" Carl was ready to carry things on, and Houndour could muster up enough energy to carry on as well.
    "Hou... Hound!" Houndour growled, and had then rushed off towards Meditite who was floating only slightly off the ground. As Houndour got closer, the girl had other ideas.
    "We can't let it attack! Use Detect!" she quickly interrupted.
    "Medi-tite!" once Houndour got close up, Meditite had the ability to sense what Houndour was going to do, and once Houndour began to lunge at Meditite, it slapped it's arms and legs out in a combat style to block out Houndour's attempts of attack.
    "It's no use, you're going to have to come up with something special to get past Detect!" she smiled deeply, with the thought that she had it in the bag now if Meditite just stalled Houndour out. However, Carl wasn't going to stand and let this happen.
    "Argh..." Carl was standing firm, thinking what sort of attacks could bypass Meditite's Detect, and then it came to him. He had a plan.
    "I got it! Houndour, listen closely, use Smog!" he announced the first part of his plan.
    "Houn-dour!" it quickly breathed in, and then exhailled a deep black haze which was painful to breathe in, and even more painful to see through. However, Houndour had the power to see through this black smog.
    "Good! Now, find Meditite and use Bite!" his plan was about to take action, and the girl didn't like what was going on at all, as she couldn't even see through the smog either.
    "Come on, Meditite! Use Detect!" she was still determined to try and get things right, although it was tough when Meditite was stuck in a smog and it couldn't make out where Houndour was. It's head shook from side to side, until it had then been started by Houndour who had launched it's sharp fangs onto the back of it's head.
    "Mediiii!" the shock was too much for Meditite, and the damage from the bite was even worse. Houndour let go of Meditite as it fell to the ground with crossed eyes. The battle was over, and Carl was victorious.
    "No! You can't!" the girl stood there, embarassed.
    "I just did." Carl winked at her.
    "Ugh! Return." she got out Meditite's Poke Ball, pushed the button and returned Meditite back inside, and turned around in a huff.
    "Excellent job, Houndour! Return." Carl had also returned Houndour to give it some rest.

slls81

Years
  • Nice to see this picking up again :)

@Zeph - Nice post. Not an easy start to life in Kliff's team for Colo. Can't wait to see how Kliff deals with the Skarmory :)

@R.K.9 - Nice battle from Houndour and Carl there.

Congratulations Houndour grew to Level 19

Years
  • (I know I said that I'd wait until someone else posted, but I don't want this to fall too back)

Moments after Carl's battle with this mad girl had came to it's climax, her confidence began to slide and she began to calm down, accepting that she was foolish, but didn't want to admit it. Things were quiet for a couple of minutes, until Carl had brought up a conversation.
    "Are you... okay?" he felt a little bad for her and felt that he may have embarassed her too much.
    "Uh, I think so... I was just stupid, I shouldn't have challenged you." she bowed her head with her eyes closed, but wasn't exactly crying.
    "We all lose a battle sometimes when we think we're going to win, no matter what. Your confidence just got the better of you." Carl advised her.
    "I suppose..." she lifted her head back up and opened her eyes in acceptance. Carl smirked.
    "I'm Carl."
    "I'm Anna. I live in the nearby town." the girl had introduced herself correctly.
    Both Carl and Anna were walking down the path and chatting, moving on from the battle they only so recently had. After a few minutes of walking and talking, they decided to stop and sit down at a picnic bench beside the edge of the path, free from tall grass. Feeling a little more eased into each other, they both continued their conversation.
    "So, Anna, what was that which you dropped?" Carl seemed interested.
    "That was a Blue Flute. I run around here a lot collecting ashes which scatter all over the path, and then hand them over to the Ash Collector who can make them into flutes." she explained calmly.
    "What does the Blue Flute do?" Carl continued to question her.
    "Well, once played, the Blue Flute sends a pleasent tune which awakens any sleeping Pokemon. However, after it's been used, it can't be played ever again."
    "Can't an Awakening do that?" Carl still seemed bemused by the point of the Blue Flute.
    "Yes, but the Blue Flute is a much more of a calm method of awakening the Pokemon. They love it - it makes them happier. That's what makes it special." she explained, remaining calm and cool.
    "Oh... well, I'm sorry I tripped you up... that must of taken a while to make, huh." Carl began to feel guilty as he looked sideways, now he knew how special the Blue Flute was. Anna didn't seemed to care, though.
    "There's no need to be, what's done is done. Besides, it's fun collecting ash." she sighed slightly. The mood was toning down, so Carl decided to change the subject.
    "You know what? I think we should take upon this chance to eat." Carl smiled, and lifted his bag onto the table. Anna grinned.
    "Suddenly I feel much better!" they both chuckled at the thought of brightening things up by eating.
    Seen as both of them were eating together, both of them had also decided to give their Pokemon a chance to eat as well. Carl sent each one of his Pokemon out of their Poke Balls, and filled up each bowl in his bag with Pokemon food, handing them out to each one. Anna also sent out her Meditite, who joined in.
    As all of the Pokemon were eating together, Meditite was attempting to bond with Carl's Pokemon.
    "Medi! Medi!" Meditite headed over to Surskit first, who backed away.
    "Sur.." Surskit was feeling shy as usual and clearly didn't want to communicate at the moment. Moments later, and Anna could see Meditite trying to talk to Carl's Pokemon.
    "Hey, Carl, look." she pointed to his group of Pokemon, who all did not seem to care for Meditite, except Ralts, who seemed to be laughing along with Meditite once they had looked at each other. Their Psychic abilities must have brought them something in common.
    "That's so cute! Ralts really does tend to make new friends easier than the others." Carl explained to Anna.
    The Pokemon all remained eating, as Ralts and Meditite sat with each other and remaining quiet, as if they were communicating through the mind. It didn't take long until all their bowls were empty, so Carl decided at this point to continue heading towards the Trainer House. He stood up.
    "I think I should get going. I need to be at Trainer House for tomorrow evening." Carl announced.
    "Oh, alright. You've been really understanding." she smiled back towards him.
    "It's all in a days work. Good luck collecting your ash!" Carl kindly told her.
    "Thanks! Hopefully it shouldn't take too much work. I'll have a chat with the Ash Collector and see." she also stood up, facing in the opposite direction to Carl.
    "Alright, see ya!" Carl waved her off, as she walked away. Standing by himself, Carl decided to get a move on.
    "Okay, all of you, return!" Carl returned all of his Pokemon back into their Poke Balls, and he was on his way.
    The sun was setting, and the ash was still drifting through the atmosphere at a steady speed, which made it slightly easier to cross through. This did not stop the problem of ash building up in the path, making it harder for Carl to keep walking down the path as before. However, step by step, Carl knew that he was getting closer to the Trainer House, even if he was travelling at a steady pace alone.
    Eventually, the Trainer House was in sight, but barely. Still, this was enough motivation to make Carl pick up the pace and tread through the ash much faster, so that he would reach the Trainer House in time. With this thought, he did then think about how he didn't have to be there for 9pm the following night, so he then went back to taking his time. Once he was close enough to get a good view of the Trainer House around the end of Route 113, he took his camping equipment out of his bag, and set up his tent among a grassy patch which appeared to be free from Pokemon.
    One by one, he assembled his tent until it was big enough to hold himself and all of his Pokemon. As it looked to be quite late, Carl sluck himself into the tent and changed into his pajamas, before slipping into his sleeping bag. The calm breeze of ash blowing against the tent was actually a soothing sensation, so it didn't take Carl to ease up and drift off into a night-long sleep.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • "Strike, please calm down. I know you're excited to get out of that dark cave, but still..." Katrina said, walking out of Meteor Falls. With its green fur rustling in the wind, a dog-like Pokemon rushed along the dusty main path of the route, oblivious to the blue-eyed girl. He had chosen not to obey his twelve year old trainer.

"Ena Ena, get ahead of Strike and use Sand Attack to slow him down," Katrina commanded.
    "Poochy!" a grey dog replied, leaving her trainer's side to catch up with the Electrike. She rapidly sped forward, eventually catching up with Strike. However, she continued to run forwards, aiming to get in front of the Electric Type. Before Strike turned, Ena Ena managed to out speed it. The grey dog quickly spun, swiping some sand at Strike with her black front paws. The green dog grinded to a halt and flinched away, so as not to get hit by the sand.

"Ena," the Poochyena said, pawing her way closer to Strike with a menacing glare. Terrified, Strike dashed back towards his trainer.
    "Swablu..." a Swablu sighed, taking her focus away from flying for a few seconds to hit her head with one of her soft wings, the Pokémon equivalent of a facepalm. This Swablu, Cottoni, was the motherly Pokemon of the team, and the most serious one.
    "Strike, don't run off again, you hear me?" Katrina said.
    "Trike," Strike replied, hanging his head.
    "Good. Now, team, we can continue," Katrina said, leading the way. Cottoni and a Wingull, Sea Farer, soared above Katrina. By her side, an antlion Pokemon plodded along. The Trapinch was known as Twrappy, and was Katrina's starter Pokemon. A Fire-Type slug, known as Magmeo, slithered along behind Katrina. To finish off Katrina's team of six, Ena Ena and Strike trotted along next to each other, every so often glancing at each other as if they were hiding something.

Katrina was against the idea of keeping Pokemon in PokeBalls. She would really hate it if she was kept in a capsule the size of a tennis ball a lot of the time, so she thought her Pokemon wouldn't like it either.

"Viper!!!" a black serpent screamed. It was being backed into the bright blue water of a river by a white mongoose Pokémon with a red lightning-bolt-like marking on its chest.
    "Zan goose. Goose." The Zangoose deviously smiled. It continued walking forward, forcing the Seviper backwards into the river.
    Katrina glanced to the situation, and was immediately horrified. Why would a Pokémon try to drown another one?
    "Oy, Zangoose, what do you think you're doing trying to drown Seviper?" Katrina shouted, trying to get the Zangoose's attention. However, the Zangoose continued backing the Seviper towards the river.
    "Ena Ena, Strike, block Zangoose," Katrina commanded, her brown hair flying in the gentle summer breeze.
    "Ena!" "Trike!"
    The two canines rushed at Zangoose from behind, parting when they reached the mongoose Pokémon. Ena Ena came in from the left and Strike took the right. Side by side, they forced Zangoose to walk back, growling as they did so.

"Hey, little miss, what do you think you're doing trying to ruin my trap?" a fellow Trainer said, walking out from his hiding place around the corner. He was wearing a ripped black jacket over a black shirt, giving him a gangsta look.

"Well, you were trying to drown that Seviper!" Katrina responded, her face red. She clenched her fists in anger, despite her usual shyness. This boy have provoked her too much.

"I would've caught it as soon as it hit the water," he responded, smirking smugly. "Now, if I may," he continued, walking over to the river. Seviper was so focused and the two Pokémon protecting it that it didn't noticed the mystery trainer pulling a Pokéball out of his bag and preparing to throw it at the Poison serpent.

"Strike, catch!" Katrina's command was short, but the Electrike knew this strategy well. He and Ena Ena both knew typical dog tricks like sit, paw and roll over.

"Trike!" the green puppy exclaimed, leaping into the air and catching the Pokéball in his mouth.
    "It's good to see that your agility training paid off. Now, drop and come back." Katrina smiled. Strike dropped the Pokéball where he was, before returning to Katrina's side. Ena Ena did the same.

"I think you have something to say to Seviper," she continued.
    "Alright alright. I'm sorry, Seviper," the trainer said, frowning a little. Then the Seviper slithered back into the grass.
    "By the way, the name's Jonathan Taylor, or John for short,"

"I'm Katrina, Katrina Azula. Glad to meet you, John," Katrina replied.
    "Glad to meet you too. Anyway, would you like to help me wiTH a little project?" John asked.
    "I suppose I could," Katrina replied.
    "Well then, do you know the myth about Groudon and Kyogre, the Pokémon who created the land and the sea?" John asked.
    "Yeah, I studied it in school."
    "Well, there's supposed to be a third Pokemon to the myth; one that created the atmosphere," John replied.
    "Really? I never knew," Katrina replied, scratching her head.
    "Yeah, and it's called Rayquaza. The myth says that if Kyogre and Groudon were to fight, Rayquaza would quell the battle,"
    "And your project is?" Katrina asked. She was growing a little impatient.
    "Well, I've been tasked with getting proof that Rayquaza really exists. You see, people don't believe me when I say Rayquaza exists, and they want proof."
    "Well, how do I help you get proof?"
    "No, no, I don't want you to help me get proof. I just want to travel with you and pick up a couple of your strategies. I only started my journey to get the proof. You see, I never wanted to become a Pokémon trainer. I was happy at Mossdeep Space Center."
    "Ah, I see. And why would you need some strategies?"
    "To even get close to Rayquza, I need to be a good trainer. And by picking up few strategies, I'll become better," John replied.
    "Ah. I see. Well, I don't mind if you come with me," Katrina replied, smiling.
    "What would you say to a battle? The best way to pick up strategies from you is by watching you in action."
    "I guess so. Would you be fine with a double battle?"
    "Yeah, that'd be fine. I'll send my Pokémon first," John replied, unclipping two of the five Pokéballs on his belt. He walked back as far as he could, and Katrina stood opposite him.
    "Combusken, Taillow, I choose you!"
    "Ena Ena, Strike, show them what you've got!" the near-teen commanded. Her two canine Pokémon walked forward, growling. They were ready to face their opponents together. Katrina gestured toward John to make the first move.

"Okay then. Combusken, Scratch on Poochyena, and Taillow, Quick Attack on Electrike!" John commanded.
    "Tey!" the feisty swallow said as it rapidly rushed towards the green pup. It raced through the summer air low down, close to the grass on the floor.

"Strike, Thunder Wave," Katrina said, just in time. Strike's green fur stood up on end as static energy flowed through his body. He sent a bolt of electricity towards the Taillow, which was now drawing closer to the puppy. It continued forward, but only because of the momentum it had built up. It was paralyzed, unable to move.

Meanwhile, the bipedal chicken also rushed towards one of Katrina's Pokémon; Ena Ena. It wasn't as fast as the Taillow, but that didn't mean it wasn't fast. It readied its claws for hitting the grey pooch.

"Sand Cover Left!"
    Each of Katrina's Pokémon knew a special strategy from training, and Ena Ena was no different. She kicked up sand, hiding her from view; like a thin veil. She then sped out from behind the cover to the left, towards Strike, leaving Combusken to rush into the sand and find no target.

"Bite!" Katrina's voice was as clear as a whistle. The Poochyena turned on her heels and ran back towards the Combusken. She bit the chicken's leg; the small pup couldn't reach much higher.
    "Think on your feet, John!" Katrina called out. She was taking this battle seriously, but she wasn't above helping her opponent.

"Scratch!" John commanded. Ena Ena was so close there was pretty much a guaranteed hit.

Combusken reached down with shown claws and slashed Ena Ena. Strands of her grey fur flew around, onto the grass and some onto Combusken.

"Both of you! Howl!" Katrina shouted. Both dog Pokémon threw their heads back and howled to the sun, like a werewolf would to the full moon. They felt a sudden burst of courage rush through them, powering them up.

"We have to try combination moves too! Try Ember, backed up with a Gust Attack!" John shouted. Both of the bird Pokémon retreated to John, before the Fire Type cast small balls of blazing hot fire out of his mouth. The Taillow flapped his wings, sending a wind behind the Embers to speed them up. Thery were going so fast Katrina's Pokémon had no time to dodge. Strike and Ena Ena were both burned and damaged by the intense fire.

"Poochy!" "Elec!"

Both of Katrina's Pokémon whelped in pain. Their fur was now on fire ands they needed help - fast. If they contnued battling, they would surely be in serious pain. Katrina had no choice.

"I forfeit the battle. My Pokémon need to heal from their burns," Katrina quietly said. "By the way, you battled quite well. Am I right in thinking that Combusken is your starter Pokémon?"

"Yes, that Combusken was my starter. I chose it because I've been a Blaziken fan ever since I knew what a Blaziken was," John answered.

"Oh, I see. I started my journey late, so I went to a laboratory where children who started late could start their journey. They don't have any of the traditional starter Pokémon available, so I settled for a Trapinch," Katrina said, smiling.

"I think that the house just up ahead will have someone inside that can heal your Pokémon, Katrina. If you want, I'll wait here while you go inside," John said, while pointing at a small, white-bricked house up ahead. The red roof protected whoever was inside from rain, hail, and other things and also kept them warm.

OOC: This RP isn't dying just yet! >:] Also, I know this post is lo-ng!

Note: I'll get the egg next post then do Route 113 the posts after that.

slls81

Years
  • Sorry I took so long to get round to replying to these. I'll try and keep on top of things a bit better in future. :)

@R.K.9 - Nice post. Good to see you trying to get across the various personalities of Karl's pokemon, I look forward to you developing these further as we go forward :).

@dragonite149 - Nice to see you back. Nice to see Katrina protecting her pokemon there. Will be interesting to see the dynamic that develops between Katrina and John as they begin their travels together :).

Yeah that's fine, I'll add the egg to your profile when you collect it :)

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Route 114

It was early morning and Sally woke up from a bad night's sleep. So many nights sleeping outdoors and she still got an aching back everytime she woke up on something less soft than tall grass. She rolled up her big sleeping bag to fit in a tiny tiny sack, strapped it onto her bag and started to make some breakfast. Sandwiches. Like so many mornings before. Almost every morning she woke up in the wild, actually. When she was in towns, she bought food, and she bought ingredients for making very nice sandwiches. So she actually didn't mind much having sandwiches every day.

Sin stretched out beside her as well, yawning to get awake. Sally kept her out of her pokéball some nights, when she was moderately sure of that it wouldn't rain. Sin didn't like rain, of course. Sally pulled out the others from their pokéballs as well, to have some breakfast. Break, Strike, Clash and Fade. Break and Fade started nibbing on the rocks near the camp instead of the actual food though. Typical. Break preferred steel and Fade preferred minerals or gems though, so neither were pleased and came up to Sally to beg for some real food after a while. She gave it to them with an "I told you so before"-look. Bad rocks in this place. It had been much better inside the Meteor Falls, at least according to Fade and Break. Even Clash had taken a bite out of a rock in there. But now they were out on route 114, on their way to Fallarbor town.

Though, Sally wasn't really on her way anywhere. She took the day as it came and was mostly searching for new challenges. To get stronger. To prove her worth. But Fallarbor was a pretty good goal for now. Her sister Cindy might be there, since they had a contest hall. Sally wanted to surprise her.

She packed her things up and started going north, looking for wild pokémon or trainers who were up early, on their way. All pokémon were inside their pokéballs. And the first encounter of the day... was a Lotad. It sat in the grass calmly, probably stretching out after a good night's sleep or something, like Sin always did. Sally got a mischievous smile on her lips and sneaked up behind it. Lotad noticed it though, and turned around.

"Hello there," Sally said with a silk voice. "Fancy battling it out in the morning?"

Lotad actually seemed to frantically shake its head. Sally, of course, ignored that.

"Break! Go!"

The Aron came out of its pokéball, newly fed and ready to make his trainer proud. He spotted the scared Lotad and got a happy grin on his steel masked face. Now, this would be a fun warm-up!

The Lotad sprayed a kind of fog out into the air as a defense. Sally grabbed the pokédex from its place on her belt and flipped Lotad's page open. "Mist attack," she mumbled. "Nothing to worry about. Break, just break through that fog with a Headbutt."

Break happily obliged and rammed the Lotad, who hadn't moved from its spot, head on. Lotad was seriously hurt while Break just giggled in a sadistic Aron kind of way. He had way too much fun hurting others when there was no risk of himself getting hurt.

That was what he thought. Lotad hadn't fainted yet. It suddenly used another attack and used a ghostly power to come up in front of Break's face eerily quickly. Break flinched and Sally checked the pokédex again. Astonish. Aha. But it didn't seem to hurt Break much, at least. "Break, snap out of it and use Mud Slap!"

Break shook his head and focused. Lotad was running off. No way. Not yet. Not being quite as quick, Break took some heavy leaps forward until he was in range, and fired the Mud Slap by throwing up a good portion of the mud beneath the grassy ground towards Lotad. He hit and Lotad tumbled over, allowing Break to catch up. Sally jogged behind him.

"Great work!" she said.

Lotad desperately used Absorb now. It got back on its feet, struggling somewhat, and fired a red beam towards the Aron. It hit, and Lotad displayed a struggling face for a few seconds. Aron twitched a little and noticed energy being drawn from him. "Absorb..." Sally said without having to check the pokédex. She had run into Shroomish before, with that attack.

Lotad was finished, but didn't look much stronger. It couldn't absorb much from a steel type, even though Aron's second type was rock. Sally smiled. "Sorry, not your day today. Break, use Tackle."

And with the simplest of attacks, the Lotad was knocked out. Sally patted her Aron gently. No need to be harsh toward your allies, even though he could have moved a bit more swiftly. You should only be harsh towards your enemies. Very harsh. She looked down upon the fainted Lotad. It twitched slightly. It would wake up, soon. Just another victim of her path towards power and recognition.

---

Daylight shone down on route 114 as Sally kept walking towards Fallarbor town. She wasn't in a hurry. She spotted a few trainers but they seemed busy capturing pokémon. Must be a popular route for doing that, she thought. What pokémon could make it be so?

She only had to ask in her mind, for the answer to appear in front of her. A Zangoose was suddenly crossing the road. Its mighty claws gleamed in the sunlight and its face had a tough look on it. It wasn't young, that's for sure. It suddenly turned and spotted Sally. Then it stopped. For some reason, it looked like it wasn't going to let her pass. Not on its watch. Sally smiled her usual dark smile. That fit her perfectly.

"Strike, go!" she said and let the Sandshrew out of his pokéball. He rolled up from the ball he'd been curled up into, and landed with a loud thud on the road between Sally and the mongoose pokémon.

Zangoose wasn't as easy a target as the Lotad had been. It immediately started moving its arms around in an advanced pattern. Then it involved its whole body in the movement. Sally had to use the pokédex to figure out what it was doing. When she saw it, her mood sank. "Swords Dance. Ouch. Strike, use Sand Attack, quickly!"

Strike didn't waste any time. He knew he'd get scolded by Sally later if he did. He started digging up dirt from the road and kicked it straight into Zangoose's face. Zangoose was startled and interrupted the Swords Dance, but its eyes had a glow they hadn't had before. The Dance had still worked. Zangoose's attack would be dangerously well aimed and powerful now. Sally decided to be on the safe side.

"Strike, Defense Curl!" she called out. And just like she had feared, Zangoose was striking just then. His Scratch attack did scratch Strike's skin, but being curled up into a ball only exposed the hard part of his skin, so he didn't take much damage. "Strategy," Sally said to herself, smiling.

"Strike, next do Rapid Spin!" The Sandshrew took a leap up into the air and started spinning around while jetting towards Zangoose. The mongoose got hit in the belly and stumbled backwards. Strike was coming around for another attack, but this time Zangoose used Quick Attack and bumped into Sandshrew before the ground type could aim a good Rapid Spin round at it. Strike bounced backwards but was up on his feet rather quickly.

"Sand-attack again!" Sally shouted and Strike obliged, sending another spray of dust up into Zangoose's face. Zangoose came in for another powered up Quick Attack and struck Strike hard. Strike whimpered on the ground but wasn't going to give up just yet. Strike normally didn't lose when there were only physical attacks involved. He had a terrible defense when it came to special-attacks though. But Zangoose wasn't the type to land those.

It prepared another Scratch and came in for the attack. Strike was quick but not as quick as Zangoose... but the mongoose pokémon missed! The Sand-attack had finally done its work. "Great, Strike! Now, finish it! Use Poison Sting and follow up with Scratch!"

Strike closed in and readied his claw, which was starting to glow purple. He missed the Zangoose once, dodged another misplaced Scratch attack and then hit the white pokémon on its back. It was unclear if the poison had broken through the skin and done damage, but Strike didn't wait to find out. He Scratched the Zangoose across its face and landed on the road, finally. The Zangoose landed too, completely out of it. It had lost and Strike had won.

"That's two wins in one morning!" Sally beamed and patted Strike. "That was good, but we'll have to train on your speed a bit more," she said. Strike was content with that and returned inside his pokéball when she told him to. Then Sally eyed the Zangoose on the ground. A persistent fighter with impressive claws... nah, she had a pokémon like that already. She tossed Strike's pokéball up into the air and caught it in her hand, before setting it onto her belt. Then she went around the fainted Zangoose and continued onwards to Fallarbor.

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @//ANDthen - First off, welcome to the RP! Nice opening post. Sally and her pokemon seem to have a slightly dark edge, it should be fun to see how that develops. Hopefully it will bring a new dynamic to the RP. :)

Anyhow, on to the fun stuff...

Congratulations Aron (Break) grew to Level 15 and learned Metal Claw
    Congratulations Sandshrew (Strike) grew to Level 16 and learned Swift

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Vs. Skarmory II

The steel bird of prey landed with it's catch in a small clearing within the thick blanket of trees which covered the hilly landscape. Like the grass nearby, the naturally green leaves were coated in ash, depriving them of their true colour. This particular clearing was just big enough for two, maybe three Skarmory, with broken trees, brances and whatnot lying on the ground. It was a nest.

Luckily, Colo had been releasing a steady stream of Mist whilst in Skarmory's clutches, and within moments Kliff was in sight.

The trainer peered through the trees, observing Skarmory as it dropped Colo on the ground and stood up. Not wasting any time, he whispered to Viper,

"Sneak round the back and wait for my instruction." The Seviper paused, looking at Kliff for a few seconds, before laying flat out and slithering away silently.

Kliff was asking a lot of a pokemon he'd just caught, but this wasn't an ideal situation to be fussy. Taking a gulp, he stepped into the clearing, just before Skarmory went to peck at Colo.

The steel bird looked at the young trainer, eyeing him up and down for a moment. Skarmory then spread its wings in a threatening manner towards Kliff.

"I can't let you do that Skarmory, this is my Lotad." Kliff said, seeing if he could catch a glimpse of Viper in the underbrush. Either the snake was very good at hiding, or he had wandered off.

Skarmory hissed, and went to lunge for Kliff,

"Viper!!"

At the command, Viper suddenly leapt out of the foliage behind Skarmory, wrapping himself around the bird. One of Skarmory's wings was pressed into its body, useless for now, however the steel type didn't hesitate, Pecking away at Viper madly and screeching in annoyance. Viper kept his grip, though, and soon both pokemon crashed to the floor, locked in some form of wrestle.

"Lick it Viper! Try and put it off!" Kliff ordered. The Seviper's long, snake forked tongue appeared, and it began slapping off of Skarmory's face in an attempt to paralyze. Skarmory though was having none of it, and suddenly seemed to dissapear in a blur, only to reappear above Viper, Kliff and Colo.

"What the-?!"

Kliff's pokedex kicked in, "That was Agility. It was just moving so fast that you couldn't see it move."

Great. It was stupidly fast too, "Try Biting on to it Viper!" He remembered Colo was still watching, "You use Absorb, too!"

Viper coiled up and lunged in the air, snapping its mouth shut over one of Skarmory's feet. This caused the bird to be pulled down just enough for Colo to land an Absorb attack - though the grass type move did little.

Annoyed more than anything now, Skarmory let loose a horrible, metallic grinding sound. The Metal Sound attack made Kliff and Colo cover their ears desperatley, and made Viper release its grip. With both opponents on the ground now, Skarmory's red steel feathers glowed white, and the bird swiped its wings hard. Before Kliff knew it, an Air Cutter attack had slammed into Colo and Viper, throwing them into the air themselves as well as kicking up the large amount of soot resting nearby.

Kliff coughed from the ash cloud, eyes watering as the particles got in them, "Wrap again Viper!" He couldn't see what happened, but it sounded like Viper had tried, but missed.

It was then he realised where they were now. Opening his eyes he could see the foliage nearby, and thanks to Air Cutter, it was no longer covered in soot - instead it was a lush green colour.

"Colo! Use Nature Power!" Kliff yelled. The Lotad concentrated, and soon it was surrounded by yellow spores being pulled from the plants nearby. With a cry, it sent the Stun Spore flying towards Skarmory, who was caught, and henceforth paralysed.

"Now use Wrap, Viper!" With another hgih leap, Viper managed to latch itself onto Skarmory and squeeze, rendering its wings useless and causing both pokemon to crash to the ground.

Skarmory, accepting defeat, cawed and flew off, jolting and flinching every now and then as the paralysis sparks kicked in.

Kliff sighed in relief as the steel bird retreated, "Thanks for your help Viper," he said, returning the snake. He then looked at Colo, "Hopefully next time something dosen't want you for dinner." He returned the Lotad too, before leaving the cluster of trees.

Great. Lauren was missing. He had places to be, urgently. He couldn't wait around for her. For now, they travelled their own seperate ways again. At least that would let him train his three new pokemon more efficiently.

[OOC: Bleargh. Sorry for not posting before, but I've been on and off all summer xD Plus I had a bit of writer's block, but then so does everyone these days ^^' Anyway I'm here now :3]

slls81

Years
  • @Zeph - Nice to see you back :) Don't worry about being missing recently, the RP's been moving pretty slowly so you haven't missed much. Hopefully things will pick up once again from now on though.

Nice post. I was surprised that Kliff didn't try to catch the Skarmory, seemed like it could be a useful addition to his team.

Congratulations Seviper (Viper) grew to Level 13
    Congratulations Lotad (Colo) grew to Level 15, learned Natural Gift and is now ready to evolve!

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Fallarbor Town

After your performance in Meteor Falls, my officers and I could use your help. Rendezvous at the Trainers Rest House on the Northern part of Route 111, 9 o'clock sharp on Wednesday night. Please bring the card you managed to retrieve at Meteor Falls. More details will be revealed at the meeting. Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Officer Jenny

Sally blinked at the message she had just gotten on her pokédex. Meteor Falls? She hadn't been doing anything special there. Sure she had heard about some ruckus between some others... maybe it was the other Maple trainers who had done something and Officer Jenny sent out a message to everyone just to make sure?

Trainers Rest House... northern part of Route 111. That was a long way ahead. Sally wrinkled her nose. Did she really have to go there? Well, come to think about it, it was in the same direction that she had planned to go after Fallarbor town anyways. Maybe she should make her way to the Trainers house by Wednesday and see what the fuss was all about. She didn't have any 'card' from Meteor Falls but whatever. Maybe the other trainers had.

As she finally entered Fallarbor Town, she rather quickly spotted the bright pokémon center in the middle of it all. It was a rather gloomy town. Maybe it was because there was nearly no grass at all on the ground. She entered the center and turned in her pokémon for healing at the counter. Then she went outside to take another look at the city. She approached an elder man who sat on a bench with his eyes closed.

"Excuse me," she said. She was still polite, even though some of her manner had disappeared from traveling Hoenn's countryside.

"Hm?" the man said and looked at her.

"Do you know why there is nearly no grass at all growing here?"

"Oh," the man said, eyeing the city. "It's the strange climate. Ashes often blow this way from Mount Chimney and as such it gets pretty cold here. Because you might have noticed that there is not much sunlight here either."

Sally looked up and only saw a faint silver light through a white cover of thin clouds above them.

"It's a rather permanent weather here, you see," the man said.

"Ugh. Why would anyone want to live here?" Sally said.

"Well, it's calm. It's a rather dramatic and beautiful nature in other ways," the man chuckled.

Sally rolled her eyes and walked away, back to the pokémon center and collected her pokémon. She let Sin out to stretch her legs. The Quilava yawned and stretched out like a long cat outside the pokémon center. Sally now started looking for the contest hall... and it wasn't long until she found it. A bright building in the gloomy town, just as visible as the pokémon center if you only looked for it.

Inside, there were quite many trainers and pokémon. All wussies according to Sally and Sin. Sin who was pretty graceful after all, looked rough compared to these creatures. Sally asked at the registration counter if anyone named Cindy Silverstein had come by lately. The lady happily replied that it was the name of the winner last week but that she had probably moved on to Verdanturf by now. Sad, Sally and Sin went out again. Cindy wasn't here. Well, they might as well move on towards that trainer house though.

Cindy looked at the map she luckily had invested in. To get there... they had to travel route 113. It was a pretty strange area, according to the map. She guessed they would see what it meant when they got there. She loaded up on potions and stuff in the small shops of Fallarbor, and set off eastwards.

***​

Route 113

"Ashes? This is even worse than that town!" Sally groaned as she made her way through the strange snowfall... that wasn't snow. Ashes from the mountain kept falling down on her as she walked through tall grass that was white from it already. "This is crazy! Why haven't they made a proper road here?"

Finally she found some kind of road where the grass wasn't as tall anymore. But she couldn't see further than maybe 10 meters ahead. It really was surreal. Suddenly, she spotted something up ahead and jumped back from shock. A head! A giant head. With ears. Oh... a pokémon? It smiled at her.

She put up her pokédex immediately. A Spinda, it told her. "Hmpf. You are in my way," she said and tried to walk past the pokémon. But it dove down beneath the strange tall vegetation and jumped up in front of her again. Sally grunted and turned in another direction. The pokémon disappeared and showed up in front of her again. Smiling creepily.

"Maybe you like to live here in these ashes, but I don't! So let me pass!" Sally shouted angrily.

The Spinda reacted by sending a purple beam her way. Sally yelped and dove down into the grass. The beam passed over her head. The pokémon was attacking her! Stupid... panda thing. She was gonna show it.

"Sin!" she called and let the Quilava out as she stood up. The Spinda was gone. Sally and Sin watched the grass around them closely. The air was white from the ashes. It felt so strange. No sounds were really heard, except for the muffled sound of ash hitting grass. And a fizzing noise... Sally turned to Sin only to realize that ash was hitting the fire on her back and caught fire.

"Careful! Only light it up when you need to attack," Sally suggested and Sin nodded and turned out her fire.

That's when Spinda came up again, with another psybeam. "Dodge!" Sally shouted and threw herself to the ground together with Sin. "Good, now use Ember!"

Sin shot up and fired the ember in Spinda's direction. The bear pokémon wasn't as swift as the Quilava and didn't manage to dodge in time.

"Good! Now, Quick Attack! Take it down!"

Quilava set off blindingly fast and hit the Spinda hard. Spinda fell to the ground, hurt... and started an Uproar. Sally had to cover her ears and Sin was clearly in pain from the loud noise.

"Sin! Use... Ember again...!"

But Sin didn't hear her. And it got worse. Suddenly, two more Spinda heads popped up through the grass in front of them, surrounding the hurt Spinda. "Oh my god..." Sally said as their attacker finally stopped screaming. The other Spinda turned angrily towards the intruders. They fired one psybeam each.

Sally screamed and ran aside to evade the two rays, and Sin did the same. "Wait, we're not letting any wild pokémon chase us away!" Sally growled. "Fade, come out!"

As the trainer and the fire pokémon hid in the grass again, the ghost pokémon emerged from its pokéball and looked around. She seemed rather fascinated with their strange surroundings. Then she noticed the three Spindas. The hurt one was back up on its feet.

"Sableye?" Fade said.

"Fade, use Astonish!" Sally said. Fade looked down on her, as if she didn't really want to obey. She hadn't gotten any nice gems for snack today. "Please," Sally added annoyed.

"Sable!" Fade agreed and disappeared into invisibility all of a sudden. The Spindas seemed a bit surprised... and when Fade suddenly appeared in front of them again, much closer and with a nightmarish smile, they were all incredibly scared.

But one Spinda had courage enuogh to fire another Psybeam at the new intruder. Fade took the hit right on, not really having expected anyone of them to fight back. Sally crossed her fingers. She had used Fade because... yes. Fade wasn't affected much by psychic attacks. Her dark mind was way too focused for that.

"Night Shade, come on!" Sally got up and shouted. Fade, for once, seemed to agree on that it was a good idea. She smiled even wider and began the attack on the two closest Spindas. They got to see a big black shadow grow out from the Sableye and suddenly shoot towards them. Enough to make anyone sh*t their pants... but it didn't seem to hurt.

"Agh, what now?" Sally asked and picked up her pokédex. It didn't take long for her to realize... that sure, Sableye wasn't affected by psybeam, but the Spindas weren't really hurt by ghost energy either. Normal pokémon were too down to earth to believe that ghosts could hurt them. And the thing about ghosts is... if you don't believe in them, they can't hurt you.

"Darn it!" Sally swore. "Fade, use Scratch then! Give it all you've got! And Sin," she said to the pokémon beside her. "Use Quick Attack!"

Her pokémon lounged forward. One Spinda met Sin's Quick Attack with a Tackle. But the speed of the Quick Attack made it stronger, so the Spinda was thrown back down. The other two met Fade with Faint Attacks, that the Sableye stupidly enough fell for. She was thrown back by their double strikes.

"Fade! Up again! Use Scratch!"

But Fade shook her head and pouted. She didn't want to battle anymore. Sally clenched her fists and groaned... but very well. She diverted her attention back to Sin, who now had three opponents for herself. Sally could send out Clash. The Geodude would probably smack these pandas in bits before they could even say 'Uproar'. But... from challenges, you grow stronger.

"Sin, use Ember! Spray it all around you!"

The Quilava obeyed and hit all the Spindas a little... and she hit the grass, which caught fire. The Spindas went wild and afraid from the fire. Not Sin. It didn't hurt her.

"Time to switch the tables around. They can see in this ash, but we can't. Now, Smokescreen! You can see through smoke, but they can't!"

Sin blew out a black cloud over the battlefield and the Spindas ran around like crazed chickens.

"Hunt them down with Quick Attack, now!" Sally called out.

Sin did what she was told and when the black smoke settled, all three Spindas lay fainted on the ground. "Not very brilliant tacticians, are you?" Sally sneered at the bears and sent Fade and Sin back into their pokéballs. "You, on the other hand, were great," she told her own pokémon.

Then she left the place. Some fire was still burning in the grass, but Sally trusted the falling ash to put it out soon. Tch, battling wild pokémon wasn't enough of a challenge anymore. She needed to find trainers again. And battle for real.

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @///Andthen - Sorry I've taken so long to reply to this. My laptop decided to break on Monday, so I've had limited Internet access since then. I'm doing this off my phone, so I'll keep this short. Just so everyone knows, I probably won't get my laptop back until Monday.

Congratulations Quilava (Sin) grew to Level 17
    Congratulations Sableye (Fade) grew to Level 14

slls81

Years
  • When I started this in November 2008, I would never had believed you if you told me that I'd still be posting in this thread in August 2011. However over the past two and a half years, this RP has somehow managed to pass through an entire region, crown a pokémon league champion, move on to a second region and reach almost 1,500 posts while doing so.

However, activity over the past few months has really dwindled. This is in part due to me having some problems away from PC, but also some long term RPers dropping out and leaving some large gaps to fill. Because of this I have come to the decision to call an end to the RP. It's not really anyone's fault, the RP has just run its course. The RP Corner is a very different place now to when I started this, and when the RP was at its most successful. The section is now far more vibrant and far more varied, with some brilliant and original ideas coming through, and that seems to have affected how much new blood I can attract to the RP.

Having spent the last three years actively participating in this section I'll probably still lurk around a little bit to follow what's happening around here, but I probably won't be contributing as much, at least for a while.

I would like to take a bit of time to thank all of the RPers who contributed to this RP, I think there were around thirty of you in the end! I would especially like to thank I Laugh At Your Misfortune, who was actually the very first person to sign up to this thing back in November 2008, and has somehow managed to stick with this for over two years without resorting to maiming me. Also Sasuneuchiha, who stuck with this for 18 months and in doing so was crowned pokémon league champion at the end of our Kanto saga. Bulletproof/R.K.9 for his contribution across the two regions, and I'll also throw a special mention to Zeph, for managing to survive Hoenn when so many others didn't xD. I basically want to thank everyone who made it possible for this RP to survive as long as it did, and provide me with a lot more entertainment than I ever thought it would. You guys are really what made this RP as successful as it was, so I really am thankful to you for that. I can only hope it bought some of you a portion of the fun it has bought me for the past two and a half years.

I'm sorry if I've wasted anyone reading this posts time, but having spent so long making and running this RP I wanted to sign it off properly. This really did become a huge part of my life for a long time. If anyone wants to keep in contact, don't be afraid to ask. Like I say I'll probably lurk around the forums a bit, so drop me a VM and say hi! If anyone has gmail feel free to ask for my address and add me on there, and ILAYM, Sas and King hopefully I'll see you on there soon. J

So once again I just want to thank everybody who was ever involved in this, including Alter Ego for straightening me up a few times early on haha. Like I say I hope you guys enjoyed the ride as much as I did.

Cheers,
    Slls

Back