• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Beyond Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    lol, people are squabbling whether Arceus is ultimately God, if He created the universe or not...

It's just like real life.

Aw, I find that kind of sad. I think it's cool because he's based on the qilin.

Also: Just because I thought it fit into this topic for some reason:

I wonder why he seems to need the Unown to make them though?

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    I'm actually against the idea that Arceus created the universe, especially since the Canalave Library book that involves Arceus says that there was a chaos that its egg was in. I'm pretty sure Arceus must have dispelled the chaos or something, because something had to create that before Arceus even came along. Also, remember that it might just be part of the Sinnoh people's myths, not actually what happened.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm actually against the idea that Arceus created the universe, especially since the Canalave Library book that involves Arceus says that there was a chaos that its egg was in. I'm pretty sure Arceus must have dispelled the chaos or something, because something had to create that before Arceus even came along. Also, remember that it might just be part of the Sinnoh people's myths, not actually what happened.
    He was probably made by something or a collision in space. :l

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
    Years
    I wonder why he seems to need the Unown to make them though?
    The answer here is simple. He/She/It doesn't need the Unown, they are just attracted to powers beyond understanding. This is also a reason they appeared during Dialga's and Palkia's cataclysmic battle. They also appeared while Memory Entei was attacking Ash and his friends(iirc).

Anything I just said up there is completebullshi- and I made it up on the spot. We all know Smeargle created the Universe by painting it :/

Years
    Well maybe Arceus created "this" universe and these legendaries are a part of a different universe that has just come to Earth? Similar to Deoxys basically...

And there have always been some overlap, like Lugia was the Guardian of the Seas and then Kyogre became the true leader of the water. And also Ho-Oh created the three legendary dogs and Mew "created" Mewtwo but yet Arceus technically created all pokemon.

So there are overlap and they will probably just ignore it. Or they'll keep Arceus as the strongest and just introduce other legendaries who have their role in their regions, but not as big of a role as the big four: Arceus, Dialga, Giratina, Palkia

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    He was probably made by something or a collision in space. :l
    What would have collided in space, and what is 'something' supposed to be? That was kind of contradictory to what you said before, because you said that it would be stupid if something was bigger that Arceus because Arceus created the universe. But here you're saying that something made Arceus or a collision in space created Arceus, which in turn created the universe. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    The answer here is simple. He/She/It doesn't need the Unown, they are just attracted to powers beyond understanding. This is also a reason they appeared during Dialga's and Palkia's cataclysmic battle. They also appeared while Memory Entei was attacking Ash and his friends(iirc).

I never thought of it that way. Nice answer.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Guys, this thread is so off-topic, it's ridiculous.
    We're supposed to be talking about possible new legends, not speculating over how Arceus works.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Back on topic (I suggest heading on over to Pokemon General and re-purposing this there), who said we have to go beyond Arceus? Just make new legendaries. Zek/Reshi's symbolism beyond Yin/Yang is as-of-yet unrevealed. Who says they have to be part of something bigger than Arceus?
    It's like saying Pokemon look like Digimon. =/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The interesting thing is that I read that Yin and Yang were created by Pangu...which Arceus is based on...so did Arceus maybe create Rashiram and Zekrom too and maybe Latias and Latios :o!
    I don't think we will ever have something beyond Arceus...I think they will most likely just give it stronger formes if they want to make a stronger Arceus...

The S

The Reverend
    Years

Well, in many real world myths, there was chaos or some sort of primordial void prior to any creator deities, and the deity(ies) was/were spawned within it. The same could hold true with Arceus.

Back on topic (I suggest heading on over to Pokemon General and re-purposing this there), who said we have to go beyond Arceus? Just make new legendaries. Zek/Reshi's symbolism beyond Yin/Yang is as-of-yet unrevealed. Who says they have to be part of something bigger than Arceus?
    It's like saying Pokemon look like Digimon. =/

The idea wasn't that the new version mascots were supposed to be bigger than Arceus, but that some other Legend beyond them, possibly as an event Pokémon, would be, since the games have a history of one-upping its previous version's Legends.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah you guys are getting a bit off-topic, which is where I see this thread going. As Åzurε said, I think this thread would be better suited to Pokemon General (where you'll have more freedom to discuss this, as in, being allowed to discuss Arceus as a whole, in comparison to here, where you can't), rather than here, because yes, you are speculating on future legendaries, however, with a topic like this, it's easy to get off-topic and start discussing Arceus as a whole instead of legendaries.

If you'd like to continue this discussion, you could discuss it in Pokemon General, in the third game legendary thread (although I'm not suggesting that something after Arceus would be in the third game, but, you never know), or more specifically, the legendaries discussion thread, where you are free to speculate on new legendaries, too.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back