• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Big Court, Small Court, Red Court, Blue Court

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Well in Nimbasa City, there are two courts where people play sport, namely Football, Basketball and Tennis (there are more) and you can go and visit these courts and support these sports, or battle some of the sportsmen if that's what you do. Some of these are actually very good training opportunities since they're tough, which is a good thing for training late game where you're training for the second elite four run or something.

What do you think about these courts?

I think it's a different thing in the Pokemon games, and I think it really does work for Nimbasa City, since it's such a big place with lots of attractions and stuff. I'm not even a sports person myself and I really enjoyed coming here to battle some of those people for training and stuff. I think it would be better if you could battle more in one sitting, instead of just battling one or two of them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't really like them.

I went to the larger and the smaller one and I couldn't find anything that really interested me about either. If they were actually in the middle of playing the sports instead of the sprites just standing there, then maaaybe. Because well, if Castelia can have people running that avoid you, then Nimbasa should! :(

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I love them, if only because they're great training - some of the most solid levelling in the game right there, without the risk factor of the Elite Four. :D

Also it's kind of cool how they have the glowy lines on the ground :3

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years

Honestly, I hate that. I prefer outdoor sports to be played on the grass or turf, not some high-tech field. Is it even a field?
    I honestly don't know what it's made of. It looks like some kind of faux turf. But still, indoor soccer is kind of cool, though the baseball diamond looked kinda lame. The high-tech goals and stuff are nice, too, but mostly I'm just there for the training. I ran around each different field once just to see what it was like the first time, and since then I've stuck to the immediate vicinity of the teleporter where the Trainers are.

Also like Nica said, it'd be nice if you could see them playing sports. Especially when you go in and the security guys are like 'DERP NO THERE'S A GAME ON LOL'. You should be able to go up to the stands (which you can do anyway for no apparent particular reason) and at least watch them make a few passes/shoot a couple hoops.

Years
    I think that the Sports places are really cool! The are different. They are really good places to train. I like battling the sports players.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

I went to the larger and the smaller one and I couldn't find anything that really interested me about either. If they were actually in the middle of playing the sports instead of the sprites just standing there, then maaaybe. Because well, if Castelia can have people running that avoid you, then Nimbasa should! :(

I agree in every way @_@ I was like OMGOMG SPORTS ARENA LETS PLAY SOME BBALL!! and then i walk on and nothing is happening, and only like one or two guys verse you.... such a let down.

Buut pretty cool they added sports players. :D

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Well in Nimbasa City, there are two courts where people play sport, namely Football, Basketball and Tennis (there are more) and you can go and visit these courts and support these sports, or battle some of the sportsmen if that's what you do. Some of these are actually very good training opportunities since they're tough, which is a good thing for training late game where you're training for the second elite four run or something.

What do you think about these courts?

I think it's a different thing in the Pokemon games, and I think it really does work for Nimbasa City, since it's such a big place with lots of attractions and stuff. I'm not even a sports person myself and I really enjoyed coming here to battle some of those people for training and stuff. I think it would be better if you could battle more in one sitting, instead of just battling one or two of them.

Sounds like a very interesting idea. We've had "marathon"-ish events being present in the Pokemon games for a while, and adding courts for more renowned sports helps to add more realism to the Pokemon games, IMO. I remember how excited I got when I found out got spoiled about the basketball Trainer class sprite. In POKEMON. ^^ It's already weird for Mario to become affiliated with such sports, but in Pokemon it seems even weirder, considering Pokemon is supposed to be a bit more realistic. XD Though it would be better if you could battle them more often.

Just static sprites...? -.- Well, that's a let-down. Sports are all about moving! Hopefully, Gray can bring more dynamic overworld movements to them?

Also, it would help if there was more diversity among the players...as Kirbychu said that they're all of the same race. People of various ethnic and racial groups play all kinds of sports, and displaying this diversity within the sports players in the game would help to further this notion.. :\

Yes, I know it's 30+ one day, Forever and Kaori, but cut some slack, plz! T_T

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years

I agree with you. The sports players just stand there and don't say much.

What I don't understand is that they keep mentioning how people and pokemon play sports, but there are no pokemon outside of their pokeballs on the field. Wouldn't that make more sense?

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I think the developers could've been a little more creative with the sports stadiums. Instead of having the sprites stand there on the field, they could've installed a feature where you could buy a ticket for maybe $50 (or whatever currency in the Pokemon world is called) and watch a short game between two teams, the outcome of the game being completely random.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I loved the idea, but not so much the execution. Like other people pointed out, it was kinda silly to see them all being static and stuff when they could've done a lot more with at least trying to make them move around. I loved how they essentially became the VS Seeker for B/W with the rebattleable trainers and whatnot. But I also didn't like how ugly the field was. I was so excited to see like an actual basketball court or football field but nooooo...

Also, I wish you could like at least watch them move around if you went up into the stands. That would at least make that part cool. :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I liked the concepts of the big and small stadiums. It really brings out the reference that there are a lot of sports fans in the US. I also like how the trainers there are rebattleable, but what sucks is that they can only be battled once a day.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Dr. Seuss reference anyone??

Anyway, I can't really give my full opinion on the courts. I believe I've only entered one of the courts once, and it was at the time the trainers there just talked. If I remember correctly, there were only two or three people who really talked, and it wasn't really that interesting to be honest. I don't think it's something I'd look forward to going to in the game each day, even if battles take place there. The court designs aren't too interesting (you can't even sit on the bleachers >:<) and I expected as Vrai said, a little movement given to the trainers.

Back