• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2020
    My biggest disappointment? Same issue I've had with every other Pokemon game--the postgame bores me to tears. I always end up starting anew as soon as I beat the Champion.

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Biggest disappointment with X/Y is that I'm still waiting for Pokemon Bank 2 full weeks after it's scheduled release date.

I too, think they should have incorporated more post-E4 adventures like when they added the Sevii Islands to FR/LG. There's definitely plenty to do if you're into collecting shinies and fulfilling the National Pokedex, but I always like having NPC trainers to fight. I kinda miss the VS. Seeker.

Years
  • Oh, here's one other that I haven't seen mentioned yet: how easy it is to max out your Trainer Card and get it to the highest level compared to other games.

It only has three objectives - defeat Diantha (and AZ for that matter), complete the Kalos Dex by only seeing all the Pokémon (excluding the legendary birds you can't get without trading) and get the Oval Charm, and defeat any of the Battle Chatelaines in the Super Modes (whether it be Single, Double, Triple or Rotation). Every other game had at least one mundane objective to getting all the stars (i.e. getting a 100 win streak in the Battle Tower in the Gen IV games), but not so much here.

UniVolt

All about attack
    Years
  • My biggest disappointment is that the girl character has more clothing options than the male. I'm a big fan of customization but the guy really has a few options of stuff in different colours, the girl has different hats, tshirts, skirts, shoes, bags etc.

Also the post game is a little lack luster. Once pokemon bank is out I'm going to restart the game and go the female.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I was disappointed with the rivals. I never got to face Serena early enough to see her unevolved starter form. I wished Trevor and Tierno didn't have the other 2 Kanto starters that I didn't pick.

I didn't like how Tierno's progress was never gauged against you. I think if there was a new Contest feature involving dancing, it would have been fun to compete with him. From battling against Serena, completing the Pokedex against Trevor, and experiencing a lot of storymode alongside Shauna, Tierno didn't offer much.

I don't like how Ditto is such an exclusive Friend Safari pokemon. I think it should have been the "free" bingo spot, where when you first walk into the Friend Safari, you just start off with one even if you've never met any friends.

The payouts of Battle Chateau Writs and Sushi High Roller are disappoint.

There are many interfaces which can be organized, such as your Bag pockets or even the pause menu buttons. Yet you can't organize things like the "Organize Pokemon" in your PC to be the default instead of Deposit/Withdraw. Can't organize your favorite clothes to be on top of the junk you bought for cloth completion. Can't organize your favorite Friend Safaris on top. I seriously don't get why out of everything, the pause menu was given that option.

Pinta77

Lack of legendaries and stuff to do after you beat the game. Other than that the game was pretty impressive

Outlier

The Battle Maison sucks. I like how the BP are awarded to us after every battle now, but having to deal with the NPC's cheap tactics like using accuracy reducing items just ruins the whole experience for me. Once I get all the items I want I'll never go there again.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    What really disappointed me was the lack of events to do in the bost game ! after the elite 4 the game seemed kinda pointless and there are not many new areas to explore !

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • Hmm, well don't think bad of me if I had expected that by now that when then make a new generation, that they could at least remake each region depending on what generation is currently happening. I know that sounds a little maybe a lot, need but c'mon, anything is they could add even closely related to what was mentioned. That would be cool.

UniVolt

All about attack
    Years
  • I don't like how Ditto is such an exclusive Friend Safari pokemon. I think it should have been the "free" bingo spot, where when you first walk into the Friend Safari, you just start off with one even if you've never met any friends.

I didn't know Ditto was an exclusive FS pokemon. I caught mines in the hidden village.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I was dissapointed on how easy breeding has become. With methods to pass abilities, ivs, natures, and to get ahold of shinies, I feel it took away the rewarding feel of that perfect pokemon. Same goes for the the ev training system.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Accidentally wonder trading a Scyther that I didn't know it was shiny until the last minute.

Years
  • Well, to be honest I dislike the lack of post game. But that isn't nearly as bad as what I think is the biggest issue IMO and Only opion based so please don't argue with me. I miss the old trading style of Pokemon black and white, It was amazing and you could actually somewhat communicate with people (By the use of smiles sad face happy face heart and exclamation mark) it made communication much easier. Sure, there is voice chat but not everyone speaks your launguage, and I'm not a fan of voice chat.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I was dissapointed on how easy breeding has become. With methods to pass abilities, ivs, natures, and to get ahold of shinies, I feel it took away the rewarding feel of that perfect pokemon. Same goes for the the ev training system.

I've never understood why people think that making grinding easier is a bad thing....

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    I've never understood why people think that making grinding easier is a bad thing....
    One way too look at it;
    Those who posses a effective seecret power, become the elite.
    With the seecret now beeing more common knowleage, the power is less.

I still think its fairly complicated even dough its become easier. But now I can at least comprehend the basics of Iv breeding super training.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • So far it's the framerate. BW was so fast, and XY has a lot of hiccups, especially when using a graphically intensive move.

Back