• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Birds, Dogs, Regis, or Lake Trio?

Which Trio do you prefer?

• Birds - Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • Dogs - Entei, Rakou, Suicune

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • Regis - Regice, Regirock, Registeel

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Lake Trio - Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • None. They all suxorz.

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • yeah, did a search, wasn't here... so... which legendary trios do you prefer?

IMO, i prefer the birds. they were the original trio, their names are from the spanish 123, and i just think they're awesome.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    I like the bird trio just because of their designs, plus they are part of the original 150 Pokemon. Not that I have a problem with the others. :\ *cough* Nosepass *cough*

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • The correct term supposed to be is:

Legendary Mirages(Birds)
    Legendary Beasts("Dogs")

I like the Regis.

I like the Regis because of their robotic form. Their shape looks very natural and alienic.

Last edited:

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Birds. What the heck ARE the Regis? O_o They're so weird and scary looking. If I ever encountered one of those in the Pokemon world, I would turn and run the other way. Scary looking things.

But yes, I rather like Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Dogs?

DOGS?!

I like Raikou and Suicune, so I'll go with the GSC Beasts.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    Dogs?

DOGS?!

Dude like everyone gets It wrong no thank to 4kids

the lake trio because they are deep in many ways xD

the regis bring back memories of trying to catch them

the dogs er whatever and the birds are neh

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The birds and beasts are obviously superior to the rest. XD

Personally, I can't stand the lake trio. They all look alike, have the same typing, and their names give no means of matching them. I can't even tell which is which, so why should I bother catching all three if they're so similar?

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
  • well...
    I dislike the regi's apart from regice >_< but the others ruin it
    the lake trio have terrible moves but as a team oddly are all good at one thing and play a part XD lol
    bird trio are the origionals is my close secong favourite because of all the positive things stated above XD
    my favourite is the beasts or as you said dogs =P
    cause they are all-rounded and there cool XD

EDIT: timjerr you have a point BUT look at the stats I think uxie has high defense,azelf speed and mesprit attack
    forgive me f I'm wrong

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Birds. What the heck ARE the Regis? O_o They're so weird and scary looking. If I ever encountered one of those in the Pokemon world, I would turn and run the other way. Scary looking things.

But yes, I rather like Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno.

Regis are golems. Made from the elements of the earth and was made alive by whatnots.

Haha. I like your style Scientist. Especially with nabisco.:laugh:

Years
  • I don't really care for any of the legendaries lsited here. If they aren't made to look cutsey and failing at that (the lake trio) then they're severely overcompensating like every guy you've ever seen driving a hummer. They all suxorz.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • I've got to go with the legendary birds. I like their designs the best, and Articuno is the only one of any of the pokemon listed I have ever used in a team... even if it was only for one Gym and the elite four on my Red :/

Years
  • Reason why I like the birds; because they are original and powerful. Together as a group, they are almost unbeatable with a variety of different types and attacks!

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i love the dogs - they're the most creative and original, to me.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    The Scientist said:
    Dogs?

DOGS?!

Entei may possibly be based on the mythical chinese guardian lion-dogs, or Aterui.

Raikou is based on the 雷獣 raijuu, a thunder demon of Japanese lore. A raijuu may take the shape of a wolf.

Suicune resembles a manned wolf in its body type as well as some of it's habits.

I think I made my point here. However, I call them the 'Legendary Beasts'.

Anyway, my favorite is the Lake Trio. I just love all three of them, unlike the rest where I usually dislike at least one. The birds; Moltres (it looks like a flaming chicken. . WTF? XD). The beasts; Entei (I hate the look on its face. . It reminds me of a cat/dog/thing that has a smushed-in face. The Regis; I hate Regirock, Regigigas, and Registeel (they look stupid as hell).

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I like the beasts and the lake trio because two out of the three of each trio are competitively viable. (The same can be said for the Regis, but I don't like Regirock :3)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I like the lake trio the most, with the legendary beasts at second place.
    Not only does Azelf, Raikou, and Suicune own, but they actually have a part in the main storyline. The regis and birds are just side quests saying "I'm legendary, now catch me."

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I'll always be a fan of the legendary birds, because they were the original trio. But I do agree with Luck; there was really no background on them. They were just there to catch.

Back