• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Bullet

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

BLACK BULLET

In a near future, humans have been defeated by the viral parasites named Gastrea. Humans have been exiled into a small territory and live in despair, side-by-side in terror.

Living in this world trapped in darkness is a boy named Rentaro, who is a member of the Civil Security, an organization specializing in fighting against the Gastrea. With his partner, Enju, they fight thanks to their peculiar powers and are used to completing dangerous tasks. They receive a top secret mission from the government to prevent the destruction of Tokyo...

(Source)

Information

Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Wednesday Apr 8, 2014
    Genres: Action, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Seinen

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    You should write your impressions in there too, sis. Now I do not know if this is a 'watch it nao!' or 'get to it sometime' anime. ;;

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    The premise is interesting and it does seem to have potential.

The first episode was a nice introduction so standard plot fare here, but it does feel a tad rushed. Characters are introduced, some background information here and there, and some fighting with guns! (and super powered loli). However, the first episode shows off a grotesque scene involving a spider, so those weak stomached around spiders, beware!

All in all, I'll be following the series. It also reminds me of a bit of Guilty Crown, so that's partly why I'm sticking with it.

TwilightBlade

Years
    My initial impressions on the first episode:

It's off to a good start. I do like the post-apocalyptic environment, the virus and demonic-looking Gastrea. It has just the kind of environment I dig. The fact that Initiatos, the ones who fight the Gastrea, are very young girls because the events took place about 11 years ago. The male protagonist is alright, and his role reminds me of Psycho-Pass and Guilty Crown.

However, I felt it was rather rushed when it delve into exposition at the end of the episode. The masked man was also introduced too early for me, and the protagonist didn't even mention such a suspicious figure to his boss (who seemed like a childhood friend, maybe?). I liked the supporting character who seemed like a scientist. She looks like a lot of fun.

derozio

Years
    @laptrap - Dunno what to say to that besides 'that's stupid'.

I'm on fence. Already have a lot of series I'm watching. Mekaku is new addition. So I'm kinda hesitant.

Edit - well okay I will give it a shot. Guilty crown comparison scares me as GC was terrible. ;;

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Already have a lot of series I'm watching.

That was my problem. I just happened to like 20 airing things more than it.

This seems less hilarious than GC was. I'll keep an ear to the thread on it to see if it gets that cray cray, will pick it up if it does.

Actually, somebody just tell me if it does.

derozio

Years
    Why not just put it on-hold instead of dropping it? :#

and if it goes GC route I'd rather not watch it. Still, episode 1. Won't hurt to check it out today.

TwilightBlade

Years
    Guilty Crown was all over the place towards the end, but I liked the premise of the show. Only time will tell if this one is promosing.

The male protagonist, Rentaro, shares voices with Eren Jaeger, Shu Ouma, and Yukine though! Take what you will from it. XD

Yo, double posting isn't necessary..

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I just saw the first episode. The premise looks interesting so I'll just stick with it for now unless it turns really bad, and then I'll drop it. I already have a lot of things I'm watching so might as well pick up another one if it isn't horribly bad >.>

Zet

Years
    Well I'm glad I didn't make the thread earlier in the week. Mine would have looked bland.

The first episode was interesting, I just hope the next few will keep me hooked until the end.

Jessze

nerdin' around
    Years
    I watched the first episode & thought: Wow, what a waste of potential! The story idea, background and plot alone would be enough to rival SNK's! And the animation they have there isn't at all bad either! If they worked hard enough with both of those, they could've easily made a beautiful and epic anime.

But watching just one episode.. I feel like they're being.. sloppy. There's no mood or feel, and even though the characters all seem easy to go into depth with.. They just, don't go far enough? I can't feel any connection to the characters at all.. And the way they set things up for each scene leaves much to be desired.

It's really.. just BORING to watch through the episode. The animation for a few of the action scenes was the only real plus side.. There just doesn't seem to be any.. draw.. And even though they have a good set-up for something unique and different.. Everything feels kinda plain :\

Not sure how to describe it any better than that, but I REALLY hope Episode 2 is better than the first, lol. Otherwise I'm just gonna drop it D:

Saber of Yellow

King of Knights
    Years
    I liked it.

I know how these kinda series go with, they start out all light hearted and then it gets pretty depressing xP

First episode was exactly what I expected. Really looking forward to this series:D

Years
    Not sure how to describe it any better than that, but I REALLY hope Episode 2 is better than the first, lol. Otherwise I'm just gonna drop it D:

Have you watched the second episode by now? :P I thought the second episode was much better in terms of content than the first. There were moments where it really tugged on the heartstrings, and seeing as the first impression of the series was that it was just going to be about humanity's survival, it was surprising and welcoming that they started to introduce the Cursed Children. I'm looking forward to future episodes and seeing where this goes (:

Years
    Second episode was a big improvement...
    It's finally less Eotenas-like and more original-like.
    I would like the idea of Ren saving the Cursed Children.

I think that's what he might be going for :P I can see him being the type of impulsive individual who would rather save the Cursed Children than the world. Actually let me rephrase, the Cursed Children, I think, would be a higher priority than merely saving humanity.

TwilightBlade

Years
    Next two episodes were an improvement over the first. I didn't expect the Cursed Children to be scorned. I didn't think Enju's identity at her school would have been discovered so quickly. Poor baby. Ahh, these episodes intensified just how much normal people loathe the young girls or see them as tools.

I enjoyed the villain's presence in episode 2, but felt the scenes were rushed in episode 3. Somehow, Rentaro recovered from near-fatal wounds in like, the next scene, wat. He's got to have incredible healing powers. I wonder if the female scientist operated on him the same way the masked villain was describing about his own power.

Back