• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Man, so far everything I've wanted has been included in Pokemon Black... except the mascot. This is rather difficult to choose this time around. Got a preorder in for White... but it looks like I'm going to have to change it to black. I can always get Zekrom somewhere else. :r

I'll give you Zekrom if I don't like him I don't use starters anyways... Just remind me when the games come out and I'll trade it to you whenever I get him...

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Man, so far everything I've wanted has been included in Pokemon Black... except the mascot. This is rather difficult to choose this time around. Got a preorder in for White... but it looks like I'm going to have to change it to black. I can always get Zekrom somewhere else. :r

Sort of applies to me. I love Zekrom and Rankurushu, yet I also want that Black city. I might even get both, lol. xD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'll give you Zekrom if I don't like him I don't use starters anyways... Just remind me when the games come out and I'll trade it to you whenever I get him...

Well thank you for that, I'll make sure to remember. :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Haha, I might end up doing that myself. I haven't gotten all versions of a gen since Red and Blue came out. :0

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • Actually saying that, I ended up skipping out on R/S (I got Emerald however) until I got Diamond and Pearl and realised I needed them for Seviper and Zangoose. But I'm a get a bit crazy when they release a new lot of Pokémon games, usually wind up playing one more than the other too :P

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    if i had to chose right now with out knowing the version exclusives, i would chose white because zekron just looks sick and i feel that reshiram just looks plain ugly, but i do want to know the version exclusives first.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I will be getting White and my fiance will be getting Black. They will be releasing in Spring of 2011 here in America and that is when our wedding is scheduled. Chances are, if I like the game (I am sure I will) then I will also be getting the third counterpart seeing as those typically have more to them and would provide more replayability.

Reason I say that is because I have Heart Gold and I refuse to restart it. I probably won't restart White either which is why the third game will be almost an essential.

Glane Lettuce and Tomato

The One and Only Muffin Man
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    I'm getting Black.
    I've always gotten the "first" version..well, first.
    Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, and HeartGold. (Not FireRed, unfortunately).

I may buy them both at the same time, but even if I do that, Black will be my primary game.
    White will be saved for awhile after I've beaten Black and don't want to start over in it.
    That's what I just did with SoulSilver.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Err... I don't know.

I like the look of different areas in both games, and I don't really care about the exclusives/mascot... I'll probably end up getting one and have a friend get the other so we can trade and whatnot.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Hehe..It just dawned on me that Reshiram looks kinda like Dragoon from Beyblade lol.

Anyway,since I like Reshiram, and I am curious to the Black City, I will be gettingblack, though this time,I may just have to buy White to be a curious son of a B**** and see the differences.I only got the other game in the past if I lost thee first one or it broke.(Bought yellow then Backtracked to Red,Then my friend gave me blue,Lost Silverx2 so bought Goldx2 and Crystalx2, Bought and lost Rubyx2 so got Saphirex2[one i still have] and emeraldx3[batteries died out and I couldnt save...best game IMO] Fire Red was the only game I bought once and kept up with and since then, Diamond, Platinum and Heartgold[only because every store I went to was sould out of Soul SIlver]

Then buy the third game for the final updates.xD Im one troubled Pokemon fan.....12 years strong.

Dark Rukario

Lanturn Lover
    Years
  • Even though I love Zekrom, I'm leaning towards the rustic old-style feel of the towns in White version. Since we don't know if this will apply to most cities yet, I probably won't know exactly what version I want until it actually comes out and you can see everything.

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    I'll be doing my usual thing: getting both. But Black will be my Primary version, Reshiram is epic

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    Well I'm going to buy both but right now. My position at the moment,White.
    I like Zekrom more than Reshiram so there was that. But I still had to figure out which I want to play first. The next decision maker was Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru and seeing how they are version exclusive I had to go with Rankurusu. So my answer for now will be "White".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back