• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'll probably end up getting Black since it seems to be the more dominant game and I use dominant loosely there.I've always followed the trend where Red > Blue, Ruby > Sapphire (though I ended up getting Sapphire later anyway), FireRed > LeafGreen (I later got a copy of LeafGreen) and Diamond > Pearl. The only exception is the original Johto games where I chose Silver for whatever reason over Gold.

Based on the trend, I will be getting Black.
    That's my trend too, though Reshiram's design is so awful that it calls for an exception this generation. :)

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
    Black, like the idea of a neon city style adventure! Just hoping I can go to Kanto then I'm good what ever version!!

Volumknappen

Legendary Pokenoob
    Years
    I really don't know. Haven't had the time to "research" the two games yet. Every time I'd bought new Pokemon games its just been random. But i also think I'm going to wait a month or two before looking deeper into this since they may come out with more information later anyways.

solastalgia

dancing through life
    Years
    I've always gotten the "underdog" game, hehe. Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl... so I'll probably end up getting White. It really depends on the exclusives though. No WAY am I getting both, though, I'll just force one of my friends to get the other version and trade any exclusives. :P

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Okay, Gochiruzeru (aka the goth dress thing) is a Black exclusive, and Rankurusu (eg the one stuck in a green gummy bear) is a White exclusive. Rankurusu and Zekrom in one game? White it is. :3

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    i will be getting black based of the version exclusives revealed so far, That Gochiruzeru (gothic pokemon) is Black exclusive and Rankurusu (the weird baby in a jelly suit) is White exclusive.

and i like the look of Black City. though i do prefer Zekrom over Reshiram

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    I'll probably end up getting Black since it seems to be the more dominant game and I use dominant loosely there.I've always followed the trend where Red > Blue, Ruby > Sapphire (though I ended up getting Sapphire later anyway), FireRed > LeafGreen (I later got a copy of LeafGreen) and Diamond > Pearl. The only exception is the original Johto games where I chose Silver for whatever reason over Gold.

Based on the trend, I will be getting Black.
    are you reading my mind!? i did the exact same thing, though i got silver because when i got gold and tried it out it wasn't working, so i went to return it

I'm most likely getting black, though i will probably get white sometime later

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I'll probably get both, if not Black because Reshiram is a white dragon with blue eyes...I'll probably nickname mine "BEWD" if the whole name is too long. <_< after all that new bat looks like a flying Kuriboh from the back. Though Zekrom is a black dragon with red eyes too... <_<

now I can't make up my mind!! >_<

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm going to get White, mainly because of Rankusuuru. But I'll end up getting Black after its been out for a while.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    139 People chose the wrong game...

WHITE POWER!

I've always gotten the "underdog" game, hehe. Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl... so I'll probably end up getting White. It really depends on the exclusives though. No WAY am I getting both, though, I'll just force one of my friends to get the other version and trade any exclusives. :P

Blue wasn't the underdog...Neither was Sapphire... Red and Ruby were the underdogs...

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I will be getting White and my brother will be getting Black, but I'm giving him Zekrom for Reshiram since I like Reshiram more.
    If I'm going to spend ~$70 on something, it's gonna be on Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    White will be primary. My decision was due to Rankurusu. I guess that means, in Black, Koromori will be my Psychic-type...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Im aiming more towards white ATM, I like the Natural look of White over the Technological look of Black, but seeing how they both seem to be very different this time around I may get both, also exclusive Pokemon will factor in too.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Man, so far everything I've wanted has been included in Pokemon Black... except the mascot. This is rather difficult to choose this time around. Got a preorder in for White... but it looks like I'm going to have to change it to black. I can always get Zekrom somewhere else. :r

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back