• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I perfer Black, only for 2 reasons: Im a techy-head, and Reshiram :3 But I am also getting White so I can get Braviary :]

miley810

Assassin
    Years
    Thanks Forever.Looks like black is the better catch for me.It seems like the cuter pokemon are one it,and Reshiam.But then of corse Reuiniclus is on black,but if the both have Audio then I'm fine.I like white forest...but black city seems nice 2.hmmm well I have 2 weeks 2 diside cause around the end of then we will be pre-ordering mine.I like black's Souryuu city better.Looks like I'll pick black.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'll be getting White. The concept of the "White Forest" got me interested. If possible I might purchase the third game as well.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Black mainly 'cause of Reshiram xDD;. I don't really care too much for the exclusive pokemon in White =/

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I am getting Black because black is one of my favorite colors and I like the white legendary better :3

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Assuming I have the money (I have about $65 for video games right now) I'll get both. To me, the version differences are minimal (even the eighth gym is basically the same.)

Dances with noone.
    Years
    I think I am going to purchase pokemon black, originally I had white planned but now that I know about the differences black city has gotten me interested.

Chadlington

Aka Will Vailencourt
    Years
    Yea im the name...just the opposited though. I had planned for black...but now i think i want white. I'll have to see which one my friend wants. X|

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Thank you Zackraa for that image!

White for me because of the more Triple Battles, they look better to me than Rotation. Zekrom and Braviary are awesome, and I'd rather catch Pokemon in White Forest than battle them in Black City. (even though it looks pretty cool.)

I might end up getting Black later, though.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    ★ Which game are you getting and why?
    I pre-ordered Black, primarily because of Black City. Cities are way cooler than forests and Black City looks awesome.

★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have and if so, what makes you prefer that game?[/s]

★ If you're getting both, why?
    I may get White some time in the future, though that is unlikely. I will just trade for the exclusives.

★ Or are you waiting for the third game?
    I will almost definitely buy Grey (or whatever they decide to call it) when it comes out as well.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Ah, White is taking over.

I wonder, if Zekrom was in Black, would I have prefered it? At first sight it was Zekrom I liked but even before seeing the Legends, at the game titles revelations, I said it was Black I'd go with. So I sorta had to prefer Reshiram and I now fully do. It's awesome! But I'm missing out on Braviary and Petilil, though you can trade for one in-game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    I'll be getting white, pretty much just for Braviary. Although I'm also buying my girlfriend a copy of Black so we can play through the games and trade together.

Back