• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I decided to start with Pokemon Black, because it's.. ummm, Black. :DDD;
    No real reason. Instinct?

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    - Pokemon White.
    - Why?
    - Easy..
    - Version Exclusives :D

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Third Game Waiters?

Well, as we all know, to date every generation of Pokemon games has released a third game that is better than the previous two games, ie: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum. So I was wondering weather or not your going to wait for the third game to jump into the fifth generation, I know I am.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • I always buy the game on release and if there's an extra one later on, i'll simply get that too =]

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I like to have two games, one to use as my main game (Platinum, HG, future Grey) and one for challenges or that I can reset anytime for whatever reason (Diamond, SS, Black)

Years
  • Off topic for a quick second, has it been confirmed that it will be called grey?

But, I will get the third installment for this generation.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I really wanted the game when it was released so I didn't hold back and wait for the third game. I really liked the other third installments for generations I have played, so I'll most likely wind up getting this one too once it's out and provided it's a little different than B&W. :)

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I'd presume it would be called grey, yeah. I bought White, and I've never only bought the third in a generation. I probably will get this one though as I'm enjoying White a whole lot!

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • Gamefreak did announce that there is no confirmation that they will be releasing a 3rd part to generation 5 so we shall wait and see

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    After all the hype, I couldn't see myself NOT getting one of the originals. Plus, it's fun to get the paired one and have a friend with the other one, you get to compare (:

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Well the haven't confirmed anything about a third game true, but c'mon, every other generation, and nintendo is a company, out to get money, what better way to do that than creating a third game with Kyurem as its focus.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i got both of the originals because i am super impatient and then i will get the third game when it is out

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • OMG OMG I just randomly saw someone playing Black/White in an elevator, of all places; I seriously thought I'd have to wait until I got Gray Version to see a Generation 5 game in person! The game does look good with its shiny graphics... (and I'm glad I finally saw someone here with a DS rather than another annoying DS-lookalike cell phone for the umpteenth time)

Anyway, I plan on waiting for Gray Version, particularly due to the poor economy these days, and a few more games that I am prioritizing anyway. I might as well wait for Gray Version to save money rather than buying Black and Gray Versions.

If I had extra money and the current Wii/DS games were going to remain on store shelves for years to come, I'd get Black Version almost in an instant, while purchasing Gray Version upon its release as well.

Furthermore, I haven't even played Platinum and HeartGold yet, so waiting for Gray should give me ample time to complete my journeys in Sinnoh and Johto, respectively. Additionally, I'm anticipating the possible enhanced gameplay and aesthetic features (and hopeful corrections of BW's flaws) that accompany Gray Version.

Another reason why I'm waiting for Gray Version is that if I were to get Black Version now, I'd most likely be wishing to play Gray upon its release. Consequently, I'd probably use up money to buy it, leaving Black Version "useless". A similar thing happened when I had Sapphire Version and learned of Emerald's release. I pored over the Battle Frontier and the availability of Groudon and Kyogre in one game, as well as new Johto Pokemon. At first, I thought I would never have the chance to play Emerald due to it essentially being "redundant", but an unfortunate loss of Sapphire gave me an excuse to purchase it. I wish to avoid that "ogling" of Gray Version and just purchase the "newest enhanced Pokemon version" all in one go and avert any semblance of "redundancy".

Lastly, I prefer being self-sufficient, so hopefully Gray Version will include Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyuremu all in one game, so I will not have to depend on a trade from another player. Granted, I will have to trade for BW version exclusives, but I assume players will be more willing to part with lesser version exclusives as they are breedable, reobtainable, and do not have the valuable legendary status attached, as opposed to the limited, available-one-time-only Tao Dragons of Unova. By that token, all I have to do is presumably obtain a lesser version exclusive of my own game, rather than having to chalk up something that amounts to a legendary Pokemon's value.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, as we all know, to date every generation of Pokemon games has released a third game that is better than the previous two games, ie: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum. So I was wondering weather or not your going to wait for the third game to jump into the fifth generation, I know I am.

Considering many people in "Black or White" are mentioning whether they're waiting for the third game or not, then it's best that this thread is merged with that one, otherwise having two threads to pretty much cover the same thing would be awkward.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Although I would hope to get all 3 versions, I choose Black. I like Whimsicott and Reshiram. I don't regret getting White at all. I can easily trade for the exclusives and I'm looking forward to seeing Black City. Most I know around here have White. Minority game ftw. Plus I get to shout das racist at White players

Back