• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BLACK OR WHITE

which one

• Total voters

Wham

In-Your-Face Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • White Forest. I've never really played black though actually, I just got White because my friend Bailey has Black

Years
  • if black city had other building to enter rather than 10ft black boxes than it would seem much better. And white forest is much better than black city when it is fully formed

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    White Forest has more stuff in the long run. Although Black City has lots of powerfull pokemon to fight, White Forest has wild pokemon to capture, some really rare as well. Plus, there is no limit to the amount you can catch.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I have the pokemon black game with 10 full trainers, but it's not worth the hype IMO. It has cool designs and cool music, but trainers there usually don't offer much, you have to fight all 10 of them everyday for them to stay there... it's just too much hassle. Plus items there are generally too expensive (50000 for a luxury ball? What in the world?????)

You also have access to more pokemon in white forest. Personally I don't have much problem with that because friends can trade me pokemon, but again, having to fight 10 trainers everyday to keep them there is a major turnoff for Black City.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • NO, this is not a which game you have or which game is better because this is not the thread. All because you have a certain game it doesn't mean that you have to go with that game exclusive automatically. Now here is the question:

Which do you like/prefer Black City or White Forest?

I have Pokemon White and many people expected me to like White Forest, well I do not. I like how Black City looks, especially when its night time and I love how the city glows. As for White Forest, I talked to many NPC and they pretty much all want to go back to Black City because the White Forest is rather boring.

:t354:TG

It depends what you like, if you like fighting people rather than collecting pokemon than choose black, if you are a person that likes collecting pokemon to complete the poke'dex than choose white.

Ghast

Lopsided Cie'th
    Years
  • I have the pokemon black game with 10 full trainers, but it's not worth the hype IMO. It has cool designs and cool music, but trainers there usually don't offer much, you have to fight all 10 of them everyday for them to stay there... it's just too much hassle. Plus items there are generally too expensive (50000 for a luxury ball? What in the world?????)

You also have access to more pokemon in white forest. Personally I don't have much problem with that because friends can trade me pokemon, but again, having to fight 10 trainers everyday to keep them there is a major turnoff for Black City.

I agree with this^. I didn't play the game for about a week and I went to Black City and all the people were gone. :/ But collecting Pokemon is no prob for me. I only train and catch the ones I like anyways.

But I still voted for Black City because it looks cool at night and White Forest is just kinda... bleh... to me. Once there is a pokemon game with lit-up trees, I will vote for the forest. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I choose the game with the Black City because, although white forest is nice, I would surrender the ability to get Gothitelle!

Deerling

Season PoKéMoN
    Years
  • Definately White Forest. I'm such a junkie for battles and capturing any PoKeMoN in my path.

Nephilim

Resounding Sounds.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Black City. Once you get the city to start growing and all, it can be an incredibly useful grinding grounds if you have nowhere else to go. The environment resembles that if your traditional bustling city whatnot, and plus, it just looks cool overall.

I would love to experience White forest, but in the end, I don't think it might be for me. :( I believe in White forest, the kinds of pokemon that appear there is dependent on the kind of people that you have invited over from Black City, which would initially imply that you wouldn't really find much in White forest in the first place.

I would rather stick with grinding with a few trainers here and there than being in an area where I'd find relatively few trainers and pokemon initially. People who have white version can correct me on this, but it seems initially kinda boring. :(

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Black City does look cool n' all, but I don't like how you can't enter some of the houses, it just feels so weird and reminds me of some of the older games. I'm looking at you Slateport and Saffron

White forest does give you the ability to catch some rare Pokémon, so I'd rather that then more battles.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I wasn't really bothered about version differences before these two came out. But White appealed more to me because of White forest. strange how i ended up getting black first. plus White has Iris.

boyblunder

[span=“background:#dc4b3 8 url('https://i.imgur.co
    Years
  • Black City, I like the layout and market.
    Also the powerful trainers.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I haven't reached White Forest yet, but on another game I been in Black City but I didn't really enjoy it much. White Forest sounds more interesting to me, but I can't be sure until I've been there. I think both aren't really amazing, they could have done a lot better imo, because they are good ideas.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
  • I personally prefer both (Go Go BW), and maybe both places will appear in the third game of Generation V or they will introduce a new place and that's when I will murder beat up everyone that is responsible for the creation of 'the' new place.

And if both places will be in the third game, it would be cool to have a city in black on one side and a forest on one side, technology meets nature :) (Wasn't that phrase in HG/SS? x.x)

Back