• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black & White US Trailer

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
  • I've found that it's really difficult to promote a Pokémon game in any media without it looking childish to some people. But they did a pretty good job on this trailer.

I especially like the "New beginning" part. They're clearly trying to show Pokémon in a new light in these games, a bit more mature and advanced.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, that trailer was a bore... still cant wait

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Pokémon Black and White english trailer #2

SO here is the new trailer:

How do you like it? Discuss!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The other trailer thread is still alive, so why have two active trailer threads when you can have one covering both trailers. :D

This one seems to cover the things that don't really interest me (like battles), so I prefer the first trailer, iirc, cause it showed more landscape.~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the first trailer better than the newer one because it shows more of the gameplay on the field rather than in the battles.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • First trailer definitely dominates compared to the second, but it does cover what the first one only touched up on for a few seconds which were some of the new battling features.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    I think both trailers were neat,they covered different things and in some ways,I like the second trailer better because of the Pokemon battling.

So far,I like all the English names for the new Pokemon,the only one I'm not so crazy about is Gothitelle,but that could be because I would rather use Jynx.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • I think both trailers were neat,they covered different things and in some ways,I like the second trailer better because of the Pokemon battling.

So far,I like all the English names for the new Pokemon,the only one I'm not so crazy about is Gothitelle,but that could be because I would rather use Jynx.

I liked the first trailer better. This one is rather short and it doesn't cover something new. (the first one didn't too o.0) And at a certain moment the music makes a weird loop.

Snowflakes

GONNA HATE?
    Years
  • First trailer kicks the second trailer's butt~
    But, the first trailer is more of a theatrical presentation and the second one is just showing off the new features that we'll miss if we don't buy it. Or something like that. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    I liked the first trailer better. This one is rather short and it doesn't cover something new. (the first one didn't too o.0) And at a certain moment the music makes a weird loop.
    Well,since I don't even have a Japanese version,I liked watching the Pokemon battles more,but that doesn't mean I didn't like the first trailer,its just that I was more anxious for the new battles than the new places right now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wonder when they are going to begin advertising the game and what trailer would they use though I imagine they will use the first one or maybe both.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • I feel like they should keep triple battles as a secret since that might drive some people away from actually purchasing this game (introducing it first in the ad looks like they are running out of ideas), but I'm glad they showed faster IR communication.

Years
  • I feel like they should keep triple battles as a secret since that might drive some people away from actually purchasing this game (introducing it first in the ad looks like they are running out of ideas), but I'm glad they showed faster IR communication.
    The people who say they're running out of ideas aren't the target audience; it's the kids who think these new triple battles are totally awesome. Personally, I like how they implemented some new mechanics rather than simply adding an extra Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    If they were to combine the trailers, it would be alot better. We would get all that information in 1.

infernaperoxx

sinnoh champ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    best pokemon trailer ever. epic 3d graphics. i cant wait until this game comes out.

Back