• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Blaziken Tera Raid solo strats?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • The new tera 7-star raid was announced; Blaziken with Flying tera type. What is everyone planning to try for the raid?

I was thinking of trying Slowbro again, since it resists both Blaze Kick and Acrobatics (or Brave Bird) and did well against Cinderace. I imagine Blaziken will Bulk Up at least once during the raid (hopefully not spamming it like Cinderance did). Planning to steal Speed Boost on T1 and then use Iron Defense, and hopefully rack up stats quick for Stored Power. Not wanting to use Oblivious or Own Tempo, since that would prevent NPC Pokémon from being able to Intimidate. Blaziken covers any Rock or Ice types that are good against Flying type with it's Blaze Kick and Acrobatics, so I see a lot of people online talking about Electric and Dragon types to be good against it. Could possibly see a physically defensive Salamence working. I have some other ideas as well (Bellibolt or Qwilfish), but these seem like a good start for non-legendary.

80.png

Slowbro
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Tera: Psychic
    Held Item: Shell Bell
    - Skill Swap
    - Iron Defense
    - Nasty Plot
    - Stored Power

373.png

Salamence
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
    Tera: Electric
    Held Item: Shell Bell
    - Dragon Dance
    - Thunder Fang
    - Breaking Swipe
    - Iron Defense

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Miraidon will be really good, this is just like Hisuian Samurott so the same build should work in this event as well.

Miraidon
    Ability: Hadron Engine
    Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    Tera: Electric
    Held Item: Metronome
    - Calm Mind
    - Metal Sound
    - Electro Drift
    - Parabolic Charge

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Only played the raid once, but my Slowbro strat worked. I even had the wrong held item and tera type, yet still won. Might try some other mons before connecting for the new paradox raids.

Back