• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bloated/swelled/bulged batteries

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Has this ever happened to anyone where their phone battery...bloated? Bulged? Swollen? etc?

It's happened to me twice and...let me just say. It's terrible this is something that can happen. I now fear it'll happen again when I get a new phone.

Years
    my old Huawei phone from 2018, just before this Xiaomi i have now. that one hurt bcs it was a Christmas gift from my aunt. the battery started bloating and it got really laggy after 2 years of charging it overnight every night. i believed those techies saying modern batteries are smarter than older ones and they'll know when to stop charging. i guess it is true, but perhaps not for my mid range phone.

when i eventually need to upgrade (hopefully not in the near future), i'll want a phone with super fast charging, at least 80W or so, so i don't have to wait too long. that used to be the reason why i charged my phone overnight: because i forgot to charge throughout the day and was under 10% before i went to bed. i already had experience with my phone dying throughout the night and my alarm not sounding, so i could not risk foregoing juicing up.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My PSP had this happen. The cover for the compartment came off and the plastic shell around the battery had split, so I removed it immediately and got it recycled. I've recently got a replacement though that's working nicely.

Back