• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bobby Kotick is destroying video games!

Years
  • Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision, is murdering the gaming industry. He did it with Guitar Hero, releasing game after game until people were sick of it. Now he's fired the President of Infinity Ward! It's rumored that he did so because IW refused to make another Call of Duty game before 2010 ends. Activision must think that IW are pushovers, because after Activision purchased Blizzard, and they demanded WoW Cataclysm was released before 2010 and Blizzard basically said "Shove it up your ass Kotick, we're Blizzard, it'll be done when it's done."

I despise Bobby Kotick with a white hot burning passion! In an interview he even said that he got into the gaming industry to take the fun OUT of video games.

It's only a matter of time before Activision buys out your favorite game developer and crashes them into the ground.

Discuss.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Surely by Activision you mean Nintendo and by Bobby Kotick you mean shigeru miyamoto??

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Surely by Activision you mean Nintendo and by Bobby Kotick you mean shigeru miyamoto??

Oh you sly fox, you. ;)

But at least he released several great games in the past.

I'm not sure what to think about this Kotick guy, do you have a link to that interview you mentioned?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    The modern gaming market is already a depressing wilderness of gritty fratcore titles tailored toward closet sadists: the sick man of the entertainment industry. This guy is just speeding up the illness.

Years
  • Oh you sly fox, you. ;)

But at least he released several great games in the past.

I'm not sure what to think about this Kotick guy, do you have a link to that interview you mentioned?

I misspoke when I said he wanted to take the fun out of video games, he actually said "Take all the fun out of making video games." But in my eyes that's even worse! Happy developers make good games. Kotick is an a-hole, a world renowned a-hole.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/ne...ick-Wants-to-Take-the-Fun-Out-of-Making-Games

Another interview:

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/ne...on-CEO-Says-He-Would-Raise-Prices-Even-Higher

Just look at him, that evil smirk, those dead eyes.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Ahh, so he's the guy who ate Blizzard? This man is my new least-favorite figure in today's gaming world.
    Needs moar retirement. Or death. With fire. >.>

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I misspoke when I said he wanted to take the fun out of video games, he actually said "Take all the fun out of making video games." But in my eyes that's even worse! Happy developers make good games. Kotick is an a-hole, a world renowned a-hole.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/ne...ick-Wants-to-Take-the-Fun-Out-of-Making-Games

Another interview:

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/ne...on-CEO-Says-He-Would-Raise-Prices-Even-Higher

Just look at him, that evil smirk, those dead eyes.

It's a wonder that Activision has any employees while working under a guy like that. At least I know one place I'll never accept a job. XD

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • So he's what Wada is to Squeenix, right?

Interesting. Funny how people like this get to become the guys who pushes creators around.

Years
  • Meh, it could be worse... he did steer Activision out of bankruptcy, and several great titles probably would have never made it to us if he hadn't.
    Examples, please?

I mean, I can name -good- games that Activision have published since Kotick took over, but nothing I'd consider "great".

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I hate activision in general.
    They plan to make people pay online fees for the next Call of Duty game.
    Well, they can say goodbye to the 360 playerbase.
    I doubt anyone's gonna want to pay more money on top of their xbl subscription.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Personally I think he's a great boss, detirmined, hungry for success and motivated.

Years
  • Examples, please?

I mean, I can name -good- games that Activision have published since Kotick took over, but nothing I'd consider "great".

You do know he's been around Activision since 1991, right?

Though it seems most of the IP Activision has come across since the mid-90's is stuff where they didn't publish the original, but are publishing the second installment or later.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision, is murdering the gaming industry. He did it with Guitar Hero, releasing game after game until people were sick of it. Now he's fired the President of Infinity Ward! It's rumored that he did so because IW refused to make another Call of Duty game before 2010 ends. Activision must think that IW are pushovers, because after Activision purchased Blizzard, and they demanded WoW Cataclysm was released before 2010 and Blizzard basically said "Shove it up your ass Kotick, we're Blizzard, it'll be done when it's done."

I despise Bobby Kotick with a white hot burning passion! In an interview he even said that he got into the gaming industry to take the fun OUT of video games.

It's only a matter of time before Activision buys out your favorite game developer and crashes them into the ground.

Discuss.

Is this the same guy who sold that broken-in-half excuse of a game called MW2?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    He strikes me as someone motivated solely by profit, who will accordingly pander to what the idiot majority demands rather than what people with real opinions would actually see favourably.
    I can't really call this a bad thing since that's the corporate norm... but it's not good either.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    If you're going to create a topic specifically to complain about the situation between Activision and Infinity Ward, wouldn't it be better to actually post a link to the article in question in the first post? And don't get me wrong. This topic was created because of that. We're not idiots here.

Anyway, it's like Tim Schafer said, 'Getting mad at Activision is like getting mad at an ape for throwing fecal matter. It's just how the beast communicates.'.

Personally, I really don't care because it's just one more step toward the gaming apocalypse that Moviebob mentioned on youtube. More fun for me.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • He strikes me as someone motivated solely by profit, who will accordingly pander to what the idiot majority demands rather than what people with real opinions would actually see favourably.
    I can't really call this a bad thing since that's the corporate norm... but it's not good either.

Just because something's the norm doesn't mean it's good...

Back