• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Boing

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Hallo Leute! みなさん、こんにちは! Good day to you all!

If it wasn't totally obvious from my username my name is Aiden. I'm currently 19 living in Berlin, Germany studying Electronics and Electrical Engineering as an apprenticeship with Siemens. I originally come from Broadstairs, a small seaside town in the very south-east of England.

My main interests and hobbies include Music, Anime and Graphics. I also play video games a lot, my two most played games being Minecraft (mostly on PC's servers) and League of Legends, however I'm not limited to these two genres, having also played Skyrim and a variety of Star Wars inspired games, and many Nintendo games; Legend of Zelda ftw!

I don't want to say too much here, as I want you guys to ask me stuff! I'm open to any questions; let's make this an AMA. You can ask me any question, no matter how vulgar, intimate, sensitive.

I'll probably end up adding information here, so if you run out of ideas, there'll probably be pointers here that appear so often. Ask away!

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

What are some of your favorite animes to watch?

Are you excited for the new Star Wars movie?

How did you discover PC?

Who is your favorite League of Legends champ?

Are you still into Pokemon, if so what are some of your favorites?

Circuit

Years
    Hey buddy!

Hey there :D

What are some of your favorite animes to watch?

Hmm, my favourite anime thus far would have to be Code Geass. My cousin got me into it whilst I visited her for a holiday. I ended up binge watching it throughout the remainder of the holiday. I enjoy it every time I watch it. However currently I am watching, and enjoying, Arslan Senki, Owari no Seraph, Kekkai Sensen and Black Bullet. They are all very good so far.

Are you excited for the new Star Wars movie?

HELLS YEAH!! The latest trailer dragged me on board the hype train when I saw Han and Chewie! I think I will likely also be flying home to go and see it in the cinema with my dad, that's how excited I am haha

How did you discover PC?

Oooohh... That's a long time ago... Back in 2008, I believe I had just learnt what a forum was, and I was also currently super obsessed with Pokémon Sapphire and Colosseum. So I ended up searching google for Pokémon forums. I browsed a few, trying to see what they were like and ended up settling on PC on whim I guess. I did find my old account, and if you want to see it (for whatever reason) the username is *Firestar* but I created a new one for my fresh start I guess.

Who is your favorite League of Legends champ?

Ahri. She was the first 6300 champ I bought. My first penta, my first main, my first Waifu lmao. I did stop playing her a while ago, in favour of Xerath and Veigar mid, but she's back to my main again. I think the main reason she is my favourite is simply because when I first played with my friends and we skyped, I'd shout "RASENGAN" every time I pressed q. Was quite the show.

Are you still into Pokemon, if so what are some of your favorites?

I still play, if that's what you mean. I need to actually get into competitive battling though. My favourite Pokémon? I'm not too sure. Gen V put me off Pokémon greatly. Then Gen VI got me back into it. With that, Jolteon became a very much appreciated member of my team, almost soloing the E4 first run through. Absol is another very likeable Pokémon for me. But my absolute favourite would be Salamence I think. It was the strongest member of my competitive team way back for a small Gen IV tournament which I won, and I also got a shiny as a prize with Hydro Pump. Yeah, Salamence tops the list, followed by Jolteon and Absol :)

Circuit

Years
    Do you like sports? If yes then which one is your favorite?

I particularly enjoy Table Tennis and Fencing. Here in Berlin I'm going to look for a Fencing club, hopefully join it and have some fun. I'd say Fencing is my favourite because it's different, exertive and satisfying to win at.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    what are some of your favorite genres of music?
    also, how have your studies been thus far? i'm kinda looking into electrical engineering

Circuit

Years
    what are some of your favorite genres of music?

I'd say my absolute favourite would have to be the Rock/Metal genres. But I will listen to most music; I'm not overly picky. I grew up with the music my mum listened to mostly, so she got me into some alternative and country music like Shania Twain and a-Ha. But since I discovered bands like Nirvana and Queen, I've listened more and more to styles resembling those, eventually getting into the metal genre too.

also, how have your studies been thus far? i'm kinda looking into electrical engineering

My studies so far have given me mixed feelings. For this apprenticeship we do a mixture of school (theory work) and workshop (practical work). It's good, and I enjoy the work we do, and the theory is very interesting. The main problem with it I have is the lack of work we sometimes have. But that's more a problem with this apprenticeship, than the subject. Overall I've found this to be good though. If you're in Europe, you can apply for this scheme too, but you'd have to apply next February now.

Into graphic design eh? For how long and what sparked your interest in it?

I've been into graphic design for quite some time... Three? No, four years now. What actually got me into graphic design to start was PC's abundance of awesome graphic artists all making sweet looking tags way back when. I eventually decided I wanted to make my own, and not keep asking for them all the time, so I downloaded GIMP and got started. Now I use the free version of PS CS2 released by Adobe. I have a shop which features more recent stuff I've made in A&D.

Hey Ninja.

Hey :D

How does living in Germany compare to living in the UK?

That's a good question. I really like living here. Berlin is such a great city. It is very open and not at all like London, which I feel is imposing, and claustrophobic at times. The people don't change much however. Like in most capital cities, the average citizen is quite rude, and uncaring. They will push you, shove you to the ground and so on, just to get to where they're going quicker. Where I lived in the UK, there wasn't an awful lot to do in free time. So being here is quite liberating, and allows me to go out and find a heap-ton of things to occupy myself with. There is also always something new to see. But I do also miss my family and friends very much. Being so far away, I don't see anyone very often at all. Last time I was home was last Christmas, and I won't be home again until Christmas this year. I think I miss my cats most of all, and with the situation I'm in, it's not really feasible to get one here. But after 3 more years, I will be moving back to the UK and given a job there, so I'll be able to get a cat then :3
    The other really big thing is that I get my accommodation paid for. It's really great. And I get paid for learning here too. Earning my own money feels great, and I wouldn't go back to learning in uni now, after experiencing this.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    Did you bother to learn any German before you left England? Will you ever learn German? Why did you go to Germany if you haven't learned the language

Circuit

Years
    Did you bother to learn any German before you left England? Will you ever learn German? Why did you go to Germany if you haven't learned the language

Nope, I did not learn any German before I came here. I was however given a 6 week long intensive course in German before my apprenticeship began. It is kind of compulsory that I learn German, as my course is IN German. The final exams are also in German. I came to Germany without knowing German simply because I gained a spot on this apprenticeship, and the opportunity seemed too good to pass up. Seriously, I am one of six people chosen for this course, out of around 1200 applicants. I knew we'd be taught German, which put my mind at ease a bit, and I've been able to grasp the language relatively well over the past 8 months. It is a very difficult language, on par with Japanese which I also studied for two years, and I think that had I not pushed myself to learn it, I would be struggling right now, but I feel like I'm in a good spot.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    Nope, I did not learn any German before I came here. I was however given a 6 week long intensive course in German before my apprenticeship began. It is kind of compulsory that I learn German, as my course is IN German. The final exams are also in German. I came to Germany without knowing German simply because I gained a spot on this apprenticeship, and the opportunity seemed too good to pass up. Seriously, I am one of six people chosen for this course, out of around 1200 applicants. I knew we'd be taught German, which put my mind at ease a bit, and I've been able to grasp the language relatively well over the past 8 months. It is a very difficult language, on par with Japanese which I also studied for two years, and I think that had I not pushed myself to learn it, I would be struggling right now, but I feel like I'm in a good spot.

Let's do a test, what does my username mean in German?

Circuit

Years
    Well congratulations, you can German

Not too well yet, but I'm constantly pushing myself to learn. For example, my computer has German Windows installed, and everything I do outside my flat will involve German, so I'm always using it pretty much.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What's your shoe size???

Have you ever fed bread to a duck and/or thrown bread in a duck pond???

Have you ever gone out of your way to find a seat in a busy train station only to have found someone then steals your wallet???

Why NinjaAiden???

Why is your shop out of unicorns???

Your sigs/themes are really pretty when did you start making art???

Who was your favourite SAO character???

What video game would you live in if you had to enter one???

Pikachu or Raichu???

Favourite flavour of slushie???

Where on PC would you want to mod???

What's your favourite sandwich filling???

Do you value emblems at all???

How is your relationship with your father???

Do you want fries with that???

~ fin. ~

Circuit

Years
    What's your shoe size???

UK size 9, EU size 43, and US I'm not sure...

Have you ever fed bread to a duck and/or thrown bread in a duck pond???

Yes I have! Many times. I hope to go feed ducks again in May, when my mum is here to visit! There's a lovely garden with some ducks in and a river.

Have you ever gone out of your way to find a seat in a busy train station only to have found someone then steals your wallet???

Not at a train station, but I believe that has happened to me at a bus station before. It was super busy, and we were looking for a place to sit, and this man offered to get up for me (I was like, 7 or 8). When we got on the bus I realised I'd lost my wallet. I lost £17 that day, and little me was quite upset haha.

Why NinjaAiden???

It's a pun on the game Ninja Gaiden. You can see the resemblance. The reason I actually chose it though is because my friends and I would always quote this one video (nin10doh) and there's a joke with Ninja Gaiden in it, but my friends would change it to Ninja Aiden and we'd all laugh. That's why I chose it. My username here used to be *Firestar* way back in the day, but that account is old, so I made this one, a fresh start.

Why is your shop out of unicorns???

Because, unfortunately, someone decided to let them out. The investigation is still ongoing.

Your sigs/themes are really pretty when did you start making art???

I started making graphics way back in 2011 when I kept looking around the A&D area and seeing people like Dukey making insanely awesome sigs and there was me who wanted to get in on the action, and not just request stuff from everyone. I downloaded GIMP (because I wasn't the pirate I am today) and got started. It was tough, because everyone was insanely good and all I could do was slap pics on top of one another.

Who was your favourite SAO character???

Eeeehhhh. Probably Sinon or Klein. I personally didn't find SAO that amazing though shot for unpopular opinion

What video game would you live in if you had to enter one???

That's tough, because there are so many cool video games. I'd probably say The Legend of Zelda world right now, but that could change in the near future.

Pikachu or Raichu???

Raichu. He's like the cooler older brother, who is actually capable of doing all the things Pikachu tries to do. Plus Pikachu is overrated *shrugs*

Favourite flavour of slushie???

HOW DOES ONE HAVE A FAVOURITE??? Erm, I'm gonna say the flavour where you mixed the blue and red one together. That was the best.

Where on PC would you want to mod???

That's a really hard question. I enjoy being in so many areas on PC that I'm not super sure how to answer. I'd probably say I'd like to be a mod in A&D, simply because it's where I hang around the most, and have the most input. I already want to start organising competitions and so on there, so it seems like the most logical answer for me. But PC is just awesome. If I was asked to mod anywhere I'd be super happy haha.

What's your favourite sandwich filling???

That's a choice between two that I won't make now. The first is a Turkey Breast, Gammon and Cranberry sauce, with the sandwich lightly toasted. The second is a sandwich I designed a while ago; Peppered Mackerel, peashoots, red and yellow pepper and lettuce. They are both amazing sandwiches.

Do you value emblems at all???

I like the idea, and think they are a nice quirk to PC. I don't exactly value them in the way that the more emblems, the more valuable a user. I think they could be a system that gives a little more to those that collect them however. Small rewards for having so many and so on. For example, collecting ten emblems could give you a small portion of the Silver Tier rewards. Not all, not many, but you get the idea. Going on until you get to 100 when you start to get small portions of Gold Tier rewards. There is a problem with my idea I've noticed already, is that people may see the donations as a so-called "pay-to-win" system, which would be detrimental to both the emblems and to donations.

Basically, Emblems are nice, but could perhaps use a little fine-tuning to make them more prominent on PC.

How is your relationship with your father???

My dad is awesome. Shares my love of computers and is very geeky and we get on really well. My mum met in 2003, when I was 7, and he's been super awesome to me ever since. He helped me build my first computer, he used to play Worms on PC with me all the time, and even bought me a DS for Christmas one time, that pushed my Nintendo fanboying over the edge haha.

My biological dad can burn in hell, enough said :P

Do you want fries with that???
    I wish, but I'm not allowed to eat them at the moment ;-;

Phew! That was exhausting! Thanks for the questions, these were really interesting to answer haha

Back