• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Bottomless bags are tough to dig through

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Is anyone else bothered by the fact that in DPP you no longer have a PC storage for items, and instead you have to make Pokemon hold them just so they aren't flooding the bag? I hate that it takes forever to scroll down to the bottom since my bag is always so full of stuff. Plus, in DPP there are many more items than in previous gens, so that's more stuff to crowd up your bag.

Does anyone else find this a bit silly?

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    I agree completely. It's so annoying, when I just want a Hyper Potion and I have to scroll all the way down.

PHC

Years
    Yea, i pick up every pokeball i see,and crap i store in my pc lol.
    but they made more room so i guesse its ok

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    There's a thing called the "Select Button".
    You can use it to drag important items up to the top of your bag for quick usage.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    There's a thing called the "Select Button".
    You can use it to drag important items up to the top of your bag for quick usage.
    Yeah, I've got things like Max Repels up top, but since I'm frequently switching out the hold items my Pokemon have, they're constantly bunched at the bottom. That's when it gets annoying to scroll. All the other stuff is kept organized.

Touch screen or use select to scroll. It's not that hard. :D
    The touch screen doesn't really make the scrolling any faster, for me at least.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I agree. I always get annoyed by this. Sometimes I'll need something in the very bottom of my bag, and forget what I was looking for when I get halfway down XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    At least u dont have to delete things and you can carry every item. Just drag the most important things to the top.

Valeran

Miserable Memories
    Years
    The touch screen scroller makes it scroll the wrong way for me more often than not.

The lack of item PC was the first thing I noticed aabout this Gen, while annoying, I don't recall using the PC back in R/B/Y and G/S/C much aside from storing the Exp Share, since it was just annoying back then.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I LOVE the bottomless bag. In Sapphire the limited bag storage really annoyed me. The only thing I used the PC Storage for was to keep heart scales safe. =/

Kaoruneko

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I really dont know...see using the ball on the touchscreen is faster, but i dont like using that so i would say the storage in the last game was great...though i always filled my bag up too fast. it depends how far i am in the game, now that i beat it i would love to have a storage unit.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
    Limitless bag is awesome! I get so annoyed in Emerald when I find an item but my bag is full so I have to use something just to pick the new thing up.

Scrolling takes about 3 seconds... don't be so impatient! ;)

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    It really does annoy me! But I generally use the touch screen to scroll or move a useless item near the top and move it down, seeing as that scrolls so much faster.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I agree. I didn't know they had taken this feature out until I tried to store a bunch of items in my PC yesterday :/
    I hope they bring it back in the next Gen

Years
    I like the bottomless bag, but it would be cool if you could take some stuff out and put it in the pc too. I think they should do a combination.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    I like having a bottomless bag and all, but the thing that really badgers me is how long it can take to find one item that's at the bottom of your bag.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Yeah kinda,it gets annoying,but it saves time so you don't have to leave an item on the floor and rush to go get it back after you deposited/sold some.Using the select button saved loads of time from digging/scrolling up and down.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I actually much prefer the bottomless bag given to us in D/P/Pt. Not only do I not have a mess of items in my PC, it allows me to have the items I might need on-hand all the time. The only thing that should have been improved with Platinum is the normal scroll speed. Though you do get a faster scroll speed by pressing select, anyway.

Tip for those who are complaining about item placement/having to dig for items: move the items you're more likely to use to the top of the list. Makes everything so much easier. ^^

Years
    It's a plus and minus type of thing. It's more so on the plus for me because I have everything I've ever gotten with me at all times. Granted it may take a few seconds to get to the exact thing I want, but at least I know I have it. Were as if I still had the option to put things in the PC I'd lose track if I put it in or not, or even if I ever got it.

Back