• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Boy or girl pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephro

_____ Type User
Years
  • I always tend to use boy pokemon since when i breed with a ditto it passes on the moves and i never need a girl to pass on the same type of pokemon. So i was wonderin what you guys prefer? Boy or Girl? and how come? Thanks

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
  • Depends on the Pokemon, if it's something like a Meganium I like it to be a girl, but if it's something like a Tyranitar I like it be male.

Although in most cases I have Pokemon in both genders for breeding purposes.

Chorus.EXE

Winner is Justice!
    Years
  • eh, I always want them to be boys...But, I can't hope for Jinx become Male, it's hopeless, so, depend on pokemon :D

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • I don't really care what gender it is. But sometimes I prefer one over the other depending on what Pokemon it is.
    Just don't use a female Mr.Mime...

Psyrose

I Want Ur Soul
    Years
  • It depends by what pokemon it is. But i prefer female Pokemon when im not breeding. :P

mesmerized

Que Quowle
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2010
    I've never had a preference for pokemon; they all fight the same.

But I guess it would be cool to have a team full of EV trained females to kick some man-pokebutt. haha

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Gender is usually irrelivant to me; I could have an entirely female team and it'd kick as much ass if they were all males.

IMO, nature and abilities are much more important than gender. XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I don't really care.

BUT, i seem to always get Female pokemon on my LeafGreen, i.e. magikarp is always female and jolly/adamant.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • I used to care a lot about gender and would always get boys (cuz the girls are stupid) But now that I'm into competitive battling I could care less. Some pokemon just kinda look more male than others so sometimes I base it off that. And all of my bird pokemon I like female.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Not picky about gender unless I end up with something like a Male Gardevoir.
    That's just freaky, imo.

Years
  • Being that I always use Ditto for breeding, I don't care when it's breeding related. It typically depends on the stats, and the type of pokemon it is. For example, if I have an espeon, I'd prefer it to be female, since espeon comes as more of a female pokemon to me.

Also, since they sometimes have slight stat differences with genders, I might like one's stats more than the others :P

Although, that may just be a coincidence, as I have caught about 40 bidoof, half and half (took a while -_-), and looked at their stats to see this theory, and by the results, I still guess that gender may have a part in it.

Years
  • Most of my teams have been Male-dominated in the past but it also depends on the Pokemon for me.

I know I'm going old school here but off the top of my head, I prefer a Butterfree to be a female rather than a male.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back