• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tek

Years
  • Name: Josh Varela
    Partner pokemon: tyranitar
    Topic: sun for cherrim is what I think a spring pokemon is.

Hopefully this is filled out right, I just started pokemon breeding and I find it a lot of fun. Nice to meet everyone.

Name: Josh Varela
    Partner pokemon: tyranitar
    Topic: sun for cherrim is what I think a spring pokemon is.

Hopefully this is filled out right, I just started pokemon breeding and I find it a lot of fun. Nice to meet everyone.

Welcome to the club, mrpopo. How's Dende these days? XD

Guys, what are we doing for June? Was it flower Pokemon, or...? I want to breed something, but I don't know what. So suggestions are very welcome ^^

Well summer's here now, which means many things. But one one new thing is that the pools are open again! So here's a thought: breed a Pokémon that a Swimmer uses.

Here's a list:

What do you guys think?

Good luck on your shiny hunt, Tek! That blue looks great on Psyduck, I have to say.

Thanks, I'll need it! Glad he didn't get a poop-green sprite like a lot of Pokémon did.

How cool would've been if shiny Golduck was golden/yellow though?

Heh, that would be neat color scheme for Golduck. I kind of like Golduck's shiny as is, too. The pale blue looks nice.

Welp, I think it's time for a new topic! What game(s) do you do your breeding on? Have you always used the same game?

As for me, I currently do my breeding on HG, which is the first game I ever bothered with breeding. I actually do more breeding than battling on it now. And the battling that I have done recently was to level up my breeding pairs! But, I will soon be changing it up.

I'm going to trade my "Ditto ranch" over to my Japanese SS, so I can get custom order foreign-language parents on demand :] I've also got a ton of TMs and Heart Scales to trade over, which will be a pain, but will definitely help with breeding.

I think I will Pokébank my existing breeding pairs and trade them over to Y version (once it arrives). Except for my Shroomish-Parasect pair, since Shroomish lost False Swipe as an egg move after gen IV.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Is it too late for the flower breeding? The 6 iv Maracus is proving hard to get since ive been busy lately. The calculater says 69 eggs need to be hatched to get it. Im currently breeding in x and its the first time im actually breeding in the games.

Tek

Years
  • Is it too late for the flower breeding? The 6 iv Maracus is proving hard to get since ive been busy lately. The calculater says 69 eggs need to be hatched to get it. Im currently breeding in x and its the first time im actually breeding in the games.

Technically, yes, that was last month's project. You can still turn it in, of course. But I will recommend the club owner fine you 1 million dollars for being late.

Really, though: breed it up! We're here to share our breeds and breeding stories :]

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
    Years
  • I am currently trying to re-breed my current battle team but I have an idea of a swimmer pokemon I want to breed and its not difficult to get it. I just hope it wont take long to get 6 ivs on the pokemon i want. Wish me luck.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    What game(s) do you do your breeding on? Have you always used the same game?

I do my breeding on X, since gen 6 breeding mechanics are so great. I've got my Destiny Knot and my Everstones, and a few days ago I got the Oval Charm. All my Pokemon are there too, since I've already transported almost everything I had from gen 5. It's true that I started breeding in B2, but not long after I started getting some results, X/Y came out, and I kinda stopped playing B2 ever since.

I am currently trying to re-breed my current battle team but I have an idea of a swimmer pokemon I want to breed and its not difficult to get it. I just hope it wont take long to get 6 ivs on the pokemon i want. Wish me luck.

Good luck! Are you trying to breed IVed versions of your in-game team? Just curious what they are :)

As for the swimmer Pokemon, I am so torn between all the Water-types! I'll have to think it through, haha.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    What game(s) do you do your breeding on? Have you always used the same game?

I breed on Emerald, HG, Platinum, white, black 2, and both X an Y (but mostly X now until ORAS comes out)

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
    Years
  • What game(s) do you do your breeding on? Have you always used the same game?

I do my breeding on X, since gen 6 breeding mechanics are so great. I've got my Destiny Knot and my Everstones, and a few days ago I got the Oval Charm. All my Pokemon are there too, since I've already transported almost everything I had from gen 5. It's true that I started breeding in B2, but not long after I started getting some results, X/Y came out, and I kinda stopped playing B2 ever since.

Good luck! Are you trying to breed IVed versions of your in-game team? Just curious what they are :)

As for the swimmer Pokemon, I am so torn between all the Water-types! I'll have to think it through, haha.

I am trying to get better Ivs and thanks

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    hey guys sorry ive been slacking on our club i just started summer vacation yesterday

No problem man. I haven't been active here either. But good to see you around.
    Now if I read the posts above correctly, we're doing a Pokémon a swimming trainer has?. So I did a quick tentacool; just because I won't have much time for breeding.

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
    Years
  • Name: Sushimmi
    Partner Pokemon: Can I pick Spewpa?
    Currently: I own only two games in the franchise - Sapphire and X. No point breeding in Sapphire now and breeding is really easy in Gen 6.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Name: Sushimmi
    Partner Pokemon: Can I pick Spewpa?
    Currently: I own only two games in the franchise - Sapphire and X. No point breeding in Sapphire now and breeding is really easy in Gen 6.

Welcome to the club! And yes you can pick spewpa if you want to.

Sabeleyes

Pokemon breeder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Name: Sabeleyes
    Partener: Sableye
    Current topic; I own Pokemon Diamond, Platinum and white.

I breed alot on white and there is every possibility of me getting a 3DS to breed on ORAS

Correct me if I posted on an outdated topic :p

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Name: Sabeleyes
    Partener: Sableye
    Current topic; I own Pokemon Diamond, Platinum and white.

I breed alot on white and there is every possibility of me getting a 3DS to breed on ORAS

Correct me if I posted on an outdated topic :p

Welcome! Great to see you here!
    I do t believe you're outdated for the current topic. So you're fine. :)

Tek

Years
  • I picked a Skrelp to breed. I really like its design.

Spoiler:

Premier Ball Skrelp
    Sassy Female Lv 1
    Water Gun/Smokescreen/Water Pulse/Toxic Spikes
    31 HP|x|31 DEF|31 S-ATK|x|x

Spoiler:

I chose to pass down Toxic Spikes for use in Double Battles and such.

I've also got some non project-related breeds that I'll share later if I get a chance :]

Last edited:

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • I picked a Skrelp to breed. I really like its design.

Spoiler:

Premier Ball Skrelp
    Sassy Female Lv 1
    Water Gun/Smokescreen/Water Pulse/Toxic Spikes
    31 HP|x|31 DEF|31 S-ATK|x|x

Spoiler:

I chose to pass down Toxic Spikes for use in Double Battles and such.

I've also got some non project-related breeds that I'll share later if I get a chance :]

Nice job bro :D maybe we can battle soon 2 test it when it hits 50

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Oi - I'd love to be a part of the club :D

Name: Polar
    Pokemon Partners: Chesnaught, Mismagius.

I spend a ludicrous amount of time breeding, with over 2-3,000 something eggs hatched, but when I get exactly what I'm shooting for it always feels worth it in a battle. I make anywhere from 1-4 different versions of pokemon I really like for battles, so breeding the right one for every build can take some time.

ie; I spent about a week breeding ralts, because I had an idea for Gallade and Gardevoir. I had to start in B/W, beause I wanted Ally Switch on one or two of them (I play doubles) and that can only be bred into the Ralts evolution line if it's TM'd on in fifth gen games. SO - I put ally switch on a female ralts with 3 IV's, transferred it up and brought it out of bank into Y, and started the lonnnng grind... I wanted a different nature for both Gallade and both Gardevoir, so everyone would have to have minimum 1 different parent. And since Gallade can be only male, and I didn't want Male Gardevoirs to compliment my Male Gallades, I had to watch Gender as well as IV's. And ability for the females, because I wanted trace over synchronize on Gardevoirs. Without rambling any longer, I eventually got the results of a Jolly Male Gallade and an Adamant Male Gallade, with Disable, Feint, and Shadow Sneak between the two of them. As well as, A timid gardevoir and a bold gardevoir (both female) with Trace, and Heal Pulse, Skill Swap, Ally Switch, and Encore between the two of them. The Gallades had 5 IV's minus Sp Atk, and the Gardevoir had 5 IV's minus Atk. They worked beautifully in their trial runs online. :')

I still have leftovers from that project if anyone wants any actually. I know it's hard to get Ally Switch onto a few things especially - with it no longer being a TM and all.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Oi - I'd love to be a part of the club :D

Name: Polar
    Pokemon Partners: Chesnaught, Mismagius.

I spend a ludicrous amount of time breeding, with over 2-3,000 something eggs hatched, but when I get exactly what I'm shooting for it always feels worth it in a battle. I make anywhere from 1-4 different versions of pokemon I really like for battles, so breeding the right one for every build can take some time.

ie; I spent about a week breeding ralts, because I had an idea for Gallade and Gardevoir. I had to start in B/W, beause I wanted Ally Switch on one or two of them (I play doubles) and that can only be bred into the Ralts evolution line if it's TM'd on in fifth gen games. SO - I put ally switch on a female ralts with 3 IV's, transferred it up and brought it out of bank into Y, and started the lonnnng grind... I wanted a different nature for both Gallade and both Gardevoir, so everyone would have to have minimum 1 different parent. And since Gallade can be only male, and I didn't want Male Gardevoirs to compliment my Male Gallades, I had to watch Gender as well as IV's. And ability for the females, because I wanted trace over synchronize on Gardevoirs. Without rambling any longer, I eventually got the results of a Jolly Male Gallade and an Adamant Male Gallade, with Disable, Feint, and Shadow Sneak between the two of them. As well as, A timid gardevoir and a bold gardevoir (both female) with Trace, and Heal Pulse, Skill Swap, Ally Switch, and Encore between the two of them. The Gallades had 5 IV's minus Sp Atk, and the Gardevoir had 5 IV's minus Atk. They worked beautifully in their trial runs online. :')

I still have leftovers from that project if anyone wants any actually. I know it's hard to get Ally Switch onto a few things especially - with it no longer being a TM and all.

That's some story. Good to hear that your ralts came out the way you wanted them to.

And Welcome! :)

Back