• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I like Pokemon Breeding a lot so I'll sign up for this club.
    Name: OuterTsuchinoko
    Partner Pokemon: Hopefully soon to be a shiny Pichu.
    I wish GF would make eggs unique to species or specific pokemon. I think it would be a small detail that would be much appreciated. I would love to see a Togepi egg that looks like Togepi's actual shell.

My current and first actual breeding project is for a shiny Pichu that knows Volt Tackle and Fake Out (both moves learned through breeding). I have bred for shinies plenty of times in the past, but never have I done it for moves too, which is why I call this my first real project. I originally was going to evolve it into a Raichu, but I recently changed my mind as I want to try Little Cup battling and I like Pichu as a shiny better as well.

Allow me to greet you as well. So welcome to the Breeder's Club!

I myself haven't been doing much breeding apart from the Motherhen challenge which involves me starting with level 1 pokemon and raising them to level 100. Maybe afterwards I'll breed competitive versions of some of my favourite mons in each of my three separate play throughs.

Years
  • Hoi! I shall be the first to greet you. :3 Welcome to the breeders club! If you have any questions or need help with getting a poke with an HA or just getting a certain pokemon in general I'm sure someone here, including myself, would be more than willing to help out!

Also, have you tried little cup before? Like, at all?
    Thanks for the warm welcome from both of you, it is appreciated.

To answer your question I have never tried Little Cup yet at all. Heck I haven't even really tried real competitive battling yet either. I just haven't ever been into battling all that much aside from the main game.

I have a couple questions though.
    1.What does that acronym HA mean?
    2.How can I quote more than one persons post so I can have an easier time replying to multiple people?

Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcome from both of you, it is appreciated.

To answer your question I have never tried Little Cup yet at all. Heck I haven't even really tried real competitive battling yet either. I just haven't ever been into battling all that much aside from the main game.

I have a couple questions though.
    1.What does that acronym HA mean?
    2.How can I quote more than one persons post so I can have an easier time replying to multiple people?

HA Stands for Hidden Ability. So say... with Blaziken it's normal ability is Blaze, while it's hidden ability is Speed Boost.

As for the quoting multiple people... I'm not 100% sure. It probably has something to do with the "Multi Quote" Option, but I'm honestly not too sure. I haven't ever really had a reason to multi quote

Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcome from both of you, it is appreciated.

As the former junior member of this club, allow me to greet you as well! Hello and welcome!

I see you are starting your competitive career, the same as me. Maybe I'll battle you some time. As for the competitive shiny breeding, it can be lengthy, if you're going for egg moves, natures, IV, and all that, but wow, is it rewarding! I've only done it once so far, for a ZardX, but it looks so cool in its greenish-blueness!

So you go get that shiny Pichu. Good luck!

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Welcome to the new folks! Hope you'll have a nice time here, shiny breeding is a pain unless you REALLY want it. My Charmander breeding run took forever and nearly burnt me out on pokemon, my Froakie run was less painful but still annoying. I tend to just breed for IV/Nature/Egg moves these days.

I always liked the Pikachu line but wish they werent so fragile and weak, Raichu improves things but still considering hes the series mascot and all youd think theyd buff him a little.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Fissure No Guard Machamp?

Also, is it possible you have more 6 IV Ditto's laying around?

I can clone some more Dittos if needed, I have Adamant, Jolly, Modest, Timid if you want them? Obviously trade times are between 9-5PM UK (GMT+1) Mon-Friday, PM me to let me know when you want them and your FC (Cant remember if I still have you on or not).

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    If you are waiting right now then we can try REALLY fast before I have to go. If you don't have my FC though then I can wait till I get home from school in about... 9 ish hours from right now

Im ready now but would probably need your FC. Add it to your profile!

Wont be about in 9ish hours so will have to wait until tomorrow.

Years
  • Im ready now but would probably need your FC. Add it to your profile!

Wont be about in 9ish hours so will have to wait until tomorrow.

But... I can see my friend code when I put my mouse over my little DS symbol that's on my posts...

And alright. Just send me a message, hopefully I'll be up.

Years
  • Yes, finally got my shiny Pichu! It took 801 eggs which isn't bad. I had taken a little break and was hunting on my HG for Ho-Oh and decided to break from that hunt for a few days. I went to AS and the first egg of the day was the shiny Pichu. I was surprised. Once again I'm proven that shinies always come when I least expect them.

I named him Angle because of how angular Pichu's ears are compared to Pikachu and Raichu. He's a Jolly nature and he's quick to flee so he's a little scaredy cat. Now I can start super training him and get him ready for my team. I'm not evolving him either as I want to use him for Little Cup. Still have to decide on the rest of his moveset too.

Attachments

• Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins
      20160411_124535.jpg
      239.9 KB · Views: 2
    Years
  • Yes, finally got my shiny Pichu! It took 801 eggs which isn't bad. I had taken a little break and was hunting on my HG for Ho-Oh and decided to break from that hunt for a few days. I went to AS and the first egg of the day was the shiny Pichu. I was surprised. Once again I'm proven that shinies always come when I least expect them.

I named him Angle because of how angular Pichu's ears are compared to Pikachu and Raichu. He's a Jolly nature and he's quick to flee so he's a little scaredy cat. Now I can start super training him and get him ready for my team. I'm not evolving him either as I want to use him for Little Cup. Still have to decide on the rest of his moveset too.

Wish I could help with that. ;-; Not really sure what Pichu can do exactly.

Years
  • Wish I could help with that. ;-; Not really sure what Pichu can do exactly.
    The moveset I'm going with him is Volt Tackle, Fake Out, Light Screen and Iron Tail. I won't be able to use my shiny Pichu for LC though since I completely forgot that level 5 is the cap and I leveled him up to 6 before I realized. So I'm gonna use one of my other many Pichus. Do you know anything about LC that would be useful for me?

Years
  • The moveset I'm going with him is Volt Tackle, Fake Out, Light Screen and Iron Tail. I won't be able to use my shiny Pichu for LC though since I completely forgot that level 5 is the cap and I leveled him up to 6 before I realized. So I'm gonna use one of my other many Pichus. Do you know anything about LC that would be useful for me?

Um... main thing that I can think of is Berry Juice is SO helpful. Apparently even more so than Oran Berry. And I believe that Sitrus Berry is useless do to such low health. And... hmmm... that's all I can really say for sure. Not sure if Eviolite is able to be used. Also I think that Toxic is also not that great either.

Years
  • Um... main thing that I can think of is Berry Juice is SO helpful. Apparently even more so than Oran Berry. And I believe that Sitrus Berry is useless do to such low health. And... hmmm... that's all I can really say for sure. Not sure if Eviolite is able to be used. Also I think that Toxic is also not that great either.
    I read somewhere too that Sitrus Berry is useless, and that the other two are better. Do you battle LC? If so wanna be my first test battle once I get a team of three ready?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Hmm you've made me want to breed something but still not sure what...still thinking electric type of some sort.

Years
  • Grats on the shiny Pichu, shame about the nature. What IV's did you get?
    Jolly nature is exactly what I bred for. As for IVs I don't know yet. I haven't played up to the Battle Resort to be able to check. Still have Victory Road and the Delta Episode to do. Oddly enough I've been playing ORAS since release and never played the Delta Episode yet even after playing three times through 8 badges. And I've managed to avoid spoilers for it this whole time so I'm very excited to play through it soon. I was going to try and reach it today, but then I got caught up with my Ho-Oh hunt in HG.

Back