• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Shaymin, timid
    28/26/31/30/30/24 (spd last)
    Should I keep this? :s

(speed could be better and the hp-type is fighting, not ice or fire :[
    but the other stats are very nice.. difficult choice :s)

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    Vulpix Egg Move

This feels like the right section for this, but if not, feel free to correct me.

Does anyone know if their is a way to make sure a Vulpix will know Energy Ball when it hatches? If so please tell me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Yes, there is a way.

Breed a female Vulpix with a male Nuzleaf, Seedot or Shiftry.
    Nuzleaf, Seedot and Shiftry learn it through TM.

J-Dubb

Scizor Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2009
    Question if i get a t-tar with counter from emerald and transfer it over to platinum and breed it will the lavitar eggs learn counter

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    My understanding is that for any offspring, it inherits 3/6 IVs from its parents. The first is any random IV from either parent, the second is any except HP, and the 3rd is any except HP or defense. This makes it harder to pass on HP and Defense IVs... is that correct?

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    my recent egg hatching

Hello again, simple advice seeking really. I was given Riolu egg from the main story which recently hatched with the following, 'Adamant nature and Inner Focus'
    I have seen alot of movesets with these two as priority, i was wondering if this pokemon was worth training as it hasnt got any breeding moves. Any advice on a moveset without egg/breeding moves would help thanks in advance.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Hello again, simple advice seeking really. I was given Riolu egg from the main story which recently hatched with the following, 'Adamant nature and Inner Focus'
    I have seen alot of movesets with these two as priority, i was wondering if this pokemon was worth training as it hasnt got any breeding moves. Any advice on a moveset without egg/breeding moves would help thanks in advance.

*Merges with sticky*

Well if you are planning to use it in competitive battling then i highly suggest you check its ivs to see if they are good. If the rest are bad then you will have to rebreed anyways.

Lucario@Life Orb
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 DEF
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Inner Focus
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Extremespeed
    - Stone Edge / Crunch (if you have bad ivs you might aswell rebreed for this too)/ Ice Punch

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    I am pretty new with competitive battles but i am planning to ev train and breed heavily in the next few days. Is getting a pokemon up to lvl 50 the only way to accuratly work out its ivs? as that seems like it could take a long while.

Years
    Actually, it's lv. 100, but yes. That's the only way to check out its IVs accurately.

However, Wi-fi battling does have a feature that automatically raises your Pokemon to lv. 100 for the battle. You could then go on an IV checker like Serebii's and calculate your IVs there. There is a thread in the Wi-fi Center's Battle Stadium set aside just for this purpose.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi everyone! I'm new to breeding so I need some help with this.

If I'm trying to get a Cyndaquil, who should I pair with my lvl 100 Typhlosion?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back