• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    No, Unown isn't breedable (same as most legendaries and all baby Pokémon).

EDIT: As well as Nidorina and Nidoqueen, for some reason :\

liketoys0000

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    ugh, the no-URL thing killed my previous attempt at this post since I quoted a URL, lol.

1. If your pokemon had more than one IV @ 31, is it random which of the multiple possible characteristic phrases you get? For example, if you had all 31s, then the phrase could be, "Often dozes off," "Likes to thrash about," "Capable of taking hits," "Mischevious," "Somewhat vain," or "Alert to sounds." Which is chosen? Or is it random?

2. Not sure if you really have to be at level 100 to confirm that the IVs are at 31. If you check and record the ranges on serebii after each level, and combine the highest minimums with the lowest maximums, you can confirm one value if they're the same number, and I've been able to do it in the lvl 20s. For example, at level 15 you get 20-31, then 15-28, then 28-31. From this, you know the value must be 28. (it's usually not that easy) This only assumes that the serebii ranges are always correct. They seem to be, but I'm not sure.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Messed up breeding :S

ok i have a Swellow and a jolly ditto in daycare (ditto is holding everstone)

i get 6 eggs and when they hatch the tailows are all lonely. Am i doing something wrong?
    I know there is only 50% chance but 6 lonely:S

AuraTrainer

What about me?
    Years
    You Know, I really don;t know the whole deal about breading other then the fact that you get your egg and hatch it. It could just be you have bad luck or maybe you did do something wrong, I don't know. So you know, I really, can;'t help you ^_^ sorry man but if I find out I'll tell you.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I think that only works if the pokemon holding the everstone is female.

Years
    Perhaps as a trade off for the whole 1/2048 chance of breeding a shiny thing?

...Yeah, I don't even know anymore. That's how those Game Freak guys made it and you'll just have to deal.

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
    How are the members of the hitmon family able to get egg moves? Like getting bullet punch on hitmontop.
    I'm sorry if it is an easy question but it doesn't make sense to me.

Years
    No. Pokemon Hatched from eggs start out with 0 EVs.

(Parents do pass down their IVs though, but since you didn't ask about that, I'll just leave it alone)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Im completely new to breeding but if you put ditto in the day-care with any random pokemon will the egg hatch into anything?

Yes, if you put a Male Pokémon with a Ditto or a Female Pokémon with a Ditto, it will still be able to make an egg. However, Ditto will not be able to make an egg with pokémon that have no genders such as Giratina, Darkrai, etc. So basically any pokémon are compatible with it, except for those pokémon without genders. Some pokemon who are genderless will work, but just most of the time with lengendaries, it wouldn't.

Last edited:

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years

Yes, if you put a Male Pokémon with a Ditto or a Female Pokémon with a Ditto, it will still be able to make an egg. However, Ditto will not be able to make an egg with pokémon that have no genders such as Latios, Latias, etc. So basically any pokémon are compatible with it, except for those pokémon without genders.

Some Pokémon just can't be bred, but Ditto certainly works with genderless pokes in general-- I've had no problems breeding Porygon or Magnemite. Also Latios and Latias technically do have genders (one is set male and the other female).

Dean 1214

The Fire Trainer
    Years
    Yes, if you put a Male Pokémon with a Ditto or a Female Pokémon with a Ditto, it will still be able to make an egg. However, Ditto will not be able to make an egg with pokémon that have no genders such as Giratina, Darkrai, etc. So basically any pokémon are compatible with it, except for those pokémon without genders. Some pokemon who are genderless will work, but just most of the time with lengendaries, it wouldn't.
    So your saying if I put a ditto and an Infernape in the day care, then I'll have a chimchar?So there's no chance it'll be a ditto?If that's so, then I'd be very happy.

Just in case you didn't notice already, I'm new to breeding.
    I was hoping for a chimchar, so I tried a female abra and a female raticate, but I only ended up with three rattatas and three abras.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years

Ok thanks that helps heaps!

UltimaWeapon

UltimaPoke
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2011
    So your saying if I put a ditto and an Infernape in the day care, then I'll have a chimchar?So there's no chance it'll be a ditto?If that's so, then I'd be very happy.

Just in case you didn't notice already, I'm new to breeding.
    I was hoping for a chimchar, so I tried a female abra and a female raticate, but I only ended up with three rattatas and three abras.

The egg will always be the species of the mother when not breeding with Ditto.

Breeding a male/femal Charizard with a Ditto will get you a Charmander.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back