• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    I'm breeding a female adamant scyther with a ditto.
    I'm trying to get another adamant scyther but i've hatched about 10 eggs or so
    and not a single one was an adamant.

Am I doing something wrong?

Syrex

Years
    When breeding two pokemon of the same nature, will the egg come out to be the same nature?

Syrex

Years
    -sigh- I'm still having trouble breeding...

I have a male and female of the same nature that is the same pokemon and the female is holding an everstone. but yet, I've hatched about 30 or so eggs and haven't gotten the same nature of the parents.

I thought the everstone will increase that chance to 50%? If that's the case, shouldn't I already have the hatched pokemon with the nature of the parents?

Syrex

Years
    I got the female right outside of solaceon and I hatched the male scyther. Both have adamant nature.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Whoa there. If you're breeding the Scyther with a Ditto, the everstone trick will only work if it's attached to the Ditto and not the female Scyther. If your Ditto isn't Adamant, I'd suggest mating the female Scyther with Adamant nature (with an everstone attached) to a different bug pokemon. It should do the trick within 5 eggs or so.

Edit: Oh, I see. You'll just have to keep breeding for the Adamant Scyther. Make sure the female is holding the everstone, unless you're using an Adamant Ditto, which should be the one holding the everstone.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    No, only the Ditto or the female Scyther needs to be adamant. The other pokemon could be gluttons for all we care and it would still work. (Note: There is no such thing as a gluttonous nature. xP)

Syrex

Years
    Thanks so much. I got my Scyther breeding with a male Silcoon.

Let's just hope the eggs hatch to what I want them to be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back