• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautiful Disaster

Is a frigin Absol fan
Years
  • I don't have any questions,answers etc but i know this;
    I'm sure everyone knows it already,but if you get a ditto,you would be able to breed it with EVERY pokemon except for the legendarys.(Rotom and Manaphy does not count,They are breedable.)
    I hope this helps :D

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I was wondering.

How are some Egg Moves Passed down?

If I had a Male Clefable and it had Seismic Toss, Meteor Mash, Present, and Softboiled, which moves would be bred into the Cleffa?

Dark Shaymin

Banned
    Years
  • Shiny Breeding-the Masuda Method.

How does the Masuda Method work? Does it really work? Does anyone know?

About how many times does it take before you get a shiny?

Last edited:

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • Basically, get a Pokemon from a different region of the game that does not use the same language as you do. Like, obtaining a Japanese Ditto would increase your chances of hatching shiny Pokemon, with your American Pokemon.

It's a method that people use because it's a lot less stressful than using the Pokeadar method, which involves chaining multiple Pokemon.

Here are some articles and a good website for this type of information for you:

Masuda Method
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

PokeRadar
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PokéRadar

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • I'm really not to sure if I'm posting this in the right thread, but hey, I'll ask anyway.
    I used to do breeding back before I lost my Diamond game, but I never really understood IVs and EVs. I still don't, but I caught a Chansey and I was looking at it's IVs and I was wondering if they're good...

HP - 9
    Speed - 23
    Attack - 13
    Sp. Atk - 25
    Defense - 30
    Sp. Def - 30

>_<
    If I remember rightly, 31 is the max IV value, so I'm assuming this Chansey has good Def/Sp. Def stats right? It's nature is Calm aswell if that means anything xD!

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm really not to sure if I'm posting this in the right thread, but hey, I'll ask anyway.
    I used to do breeding back before I lost my Diamond game, but I never really understood IVs and EVs. I still don't, but I caught a Chansey and I was looking at it's IVs and I was wondering if they're good...

HP - 9
    Speed - 23
    Attack - 13
    Sp. Atk - 25
    Defense - 30
    Sp. Def - 30

>_<
    If I remember rightly, 31 is the max IV value, so I'm assuming this Chansey has good Def/Sp. Def stats right? It's nature is Calm aswell if that means anything xD!

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread xD

Your question is alright in this sticky, and if you wanted to, it could've been in the Quick Questions and Answers sticky instead.

Anyways, Chansey is mostly good in Sp. Defense and HP, so your Sp. Defence IVs are pretty good. However, your HP IVs are really low. Calm nature is actually a great nature for your Chansey as it raises Sp. Defense, but lowers Attack which is fine as Chansey isn't good in attack either way. It'd be best to keep it as that nature, but you'd probably have to find a new Chansey with better IVs in HP if you want to EV train it or whatnot. So basically you should try to find a Chansey that has good IVs in both HP and Sp. Defense [30 IVs is fine]. For natures, try to find a Chansey that has the nature of Calm, Sassy, Careful or a neutral nature.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years

• Your question is alright in this sticky, and if you wanted to, it could've been in the Quick Questions and Answers sticky instead.

Anyways, Chansey is mostly good in Sp. Defense and HP, so your Sp. Defence IVs are pretty good. However, your HP IVs are really low. Calm nature is actually a great nature for your Chansey as it raises Sp. Defense, but lowers Attack which is fine as Chansey isn't good in attack either way. It'd be best to keep it as that nature, but you'd probably have to find a new Chansey with better IVs in HP if you want to EV train it or whatnot. So basically you should try to find a Chansey that has good IVs in both HP and Sp. Defense [30 IVs is fine]. For natures, try to find a Chansey that has the nature of Calm, Sassy, Careful or a neutral nature.

=D!

Thanks for your reply it, it's greatly appreciated ;)

I'll go out and find a Chansey with better HP IVs.

hunterzhorizon

Noob, Needs Teacher.
    Years
  • I have got a few questions.
    1. how do you get a blazkin with batton pass?(mate with eevee?)
    2. Also when you mate 2 different pokemon(not ditto) does male or female determain then speices..?

3. same as question one BUT, how does syther get batton pass?
    PM me pleas..

Last edited:

-Lewis

Blaze
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Currently breeding for a female Chimchar so I can breed it with my male Blaziken and have a Chimchar with Blaze Kick.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Whats the chain which will allow me to Get fake out on Aipom on Platinum, before the E4?

also if the Adult ambipon hgad technician, will the baby have Run away/Technician?

Years
  • If by before the Elite Four (and Champion), you meant before the National Dex, to get Fake Out on Aipom before then, you have to breed a female Aipom with a male Glameow. I don't see any other Pre-National dex chains that allow it.

Abilities are random regardless of the parents'.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok. I have a question. Is there a way to catch Aipom pre-national dex on diamond???

Because i really want to breed it for fake out, but i need the aipom first

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • i just meant so i could use it to defeat the E4 the first time, and im on Platinum so i cant get Glameow..Which is a bummer. (my wifi sucks)
    Thanks anyway

I anyone Can find a way of gettin Fake out on aipom on plat. without national dex or trading then ill be VERY grateful

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry Resultz, There doesn't appear to be a way

i just meant so i could use it to defeat the E4 the first time, and im on Platinum so i cant get Glameow..Which is a bummer. (my wifi sucks)
    Thanks anyway

I anyone Can find a way of gettin Fake out on aipom on plat. without national dex or trading then ill be VERY grateful

Sorry, there's no way to get Fake Out on Aipom without the National Pokedex or trading. Once you get the Nat'l Dex though, it's pretty easy.

Meowth (Fake Out [Level - 9]) -> Aipom
    Glameow (Fake Out [Auto]) -> Aipom
    Skitty (Fake Out [Auto]) -> Aipom
    Makuhita (Fake Out [Level - 13]) -> Spinda -> Aipom
    Sableye (Fake Out [Level - 18]) -> Spinda -> Aipom
    Sableye (Fake Out [Level - 18]) -> Chimchar -> Aipom
    Sableye (Fake Out [Level - 18]) -> Buneary -> Aipom
    Makuhita (Fake Out [Level - 13]) -> Chimchar -> Aipom
    Makuhita (Fake Out [Level - 13]) -> Buneary -> Aipom

Years
  • Sorry, there's no way to get Fake Out on Aipom without the National Pokedex or trading. Once you get the Nat'l Dex though, it's pretty easy.

Meowth (Fake Out [Level - 9]) -> Aipom
    Glameow (Fake Out [Auto]) -> Aipom
    Skitty (Fake Out [Auto]) -> Aipom
    Makuhita (Fake Out [Level - 13]) -> Spinda -> Aipom
    Sableye (Fake Out [Level - 18]) -> Spinda -> Aipom
    Sableye (Fake Out [Level - 18]) -> Chimchar -> Aipom
    Sableye (Fake Out [Level - 18]) -> Buneary -> Aipom
    Makuhita (Fake Out [Level - 13]) -> Chimchar -> Aipom
    Makuhita (Fake Out [Level - 13]) -> Buneary -> Aipom

Someone forgot Smeargle, Seel and Spinda to name most missing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back