• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • ThwackX

Usually, 2-3 IVs from either parent are passed down to the offspring. The other 3-4 IVs are randomly generated.

So, it is possibly that the offspring inherits some bad IVs, so it is best to use parents with high IVs in crucial stats as possible.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Hey! Don't blame me. << I may have been here since '05, but if you've bothered to actually look at where I post, it is definitely not in any of the gaming sections lol. I'm an artist and a roleplayer, as well as an author of fanfiction. Up until recently I wasn't big on breeding, and I've only JUST gotten in to IV breeding. Plus with these new forum changes and all, I wasn't even sure where to go to begin with. I thought it would've been in here, having to do with breeding and all, but I guess not. Sorry~

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I need a female snorunt, but all i keep getting is males.
    I'm breeding a froslass with a ditto.
    Is it just my luck or something more?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Is it possible for a Pokemon to inherit more than one egg move. For instance, a Shinx with both Fire Fang and Ice Fang? And if so, how do you do it?

Years
  • I breeded my female salamence with a male Gyarados and I got a Naughty Bagon with these breed moves:

Hydro Pump
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Rage
    Bite

What do you think?
    I don't see any reason why Hydro Pump and Dragon Rage would be on the same set. The only use Hydro Pump has on Salamance is Choice Specs and a Naughty nature isn't suited for that. Bite's obviously going to go. It's up to you whether you should keep Flamethrower or use Fire Blast. Dragon Dance is fine Just my two cents.
    Is it possible for a Pokemon to inherit more than one egg move. For instance, a Shinx with both Fire Fang and Ice Fang? And if so, how do you do it?

Yes. The father knows both of the egg moves.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
  • I think my question is a little newbish. If a one of the parents have good IVs will the offspring have a good chance of having them too? If so, does the parent have to have a specfic gender. I am new to IV breeding as im breeding for a good Larvitar so im asking this.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Okay, so I'm getting into egg-moves (building towards IV's) and am wondering what chain will be required to get Ice/Fire/Thunder fang(s) on a Shinx. Anyone any help?

If you want a Pokemon to learn an egg move, the male has to have it in his move set when bred with the female. (Ex: If Charmander has Outrage listed as an egg move it's father happened to know the move, than the Charmander will be born knowing that move). So all you need to do is to find a male Pokemon that knows the moves Fire/Ice/Thunderfang, and breed it to a female Shinx/Luxio/Luxray (because females determine the species produced).

Currently, here is a list of all Pokemon that know those moves and can breed with the Shinx line:

Growlithe/Arcanine
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Houndour/Houndoom
    Electrike/Manetric
    Glaceon
    Mamoswine

These Pokemon can learn the fang moves by breeding as well:
    Rhyhorn/Rhydon
    Snubbull/Granbull
    Poochyena/Mightyena
    Mawile

Years
  • I don't see any reason why Hydro Pump and Dragon Rage would be on the same set. The only use Hydro Pump has on Salamance is Choice Specs and a Naughty nature isn't suited for that. Bite's obviously going to go. It's up to you whether you should keep Flamethrower or use Fire Blast. Dragon Dance is fine Just my two cents.

Yes. The father knows both of the egg moves.

You got to realize that bagon was at lv 5, now its at lv 70 it has:

Hydro Pump
    Earthquake
    Thunder fang
    Dragon Claw

I breed it Hydro Pump to throw my opponents off, just to have one with different move set

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Another question regarding egg moves...

Does the father have to know the attack to be passed down or capable of learning it?

Thanks in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back