• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Buddy System!! (Confirmed, Daily article in OP)

Years
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Here I was just casually thinking it would be cool if we could have a Pokémon following our avatar like in HGSS as a just for fun thing, and Niantic's making it a useful feature instead.

Not only would it be helpful for gathering candies of a hard to find Pokémon, but it'll make Pidgey grinding that much easier.

Edit: according to this, some Pokémon will ride on your shoulder. Which is adorable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    This could be nice.

Pokemon Go is losing players now, a big update is needed to keep the players and to maybe get some back that went inactive. Unfortunately this would be a small update.

The biggest thing i can think of would be to add gen2, obviously after adding the missing gen1 legendarys. Trading and breeding would also be rather big.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    That would amazing, I walk a lot anyway and this would definately make me even more active

Years
    If it's true then this will be great! shame they didn't introduce it sooner though when I was stuck with a Psyduck that was 1 candy away from becoming a Golduck for almost a month.

Years
    If it's true then this will be great! shame they didn't introduce it sooner though when I was stuck with a Psyduck that was 1 candy away from becoming a Golduck for almost a month.

That suuuuucks.

I have a Lapras I'll finally be able to get candy for. Though, nothing will change it's horrible Frost Breath/Dragon Pulse moveset. =(

Years
    That suuuuucks.

I have a Lapras I'll finally be able to get candy for. Though, nothing will change it's horrible Frost Breath/Dragon Pulse moveset. =(

I know, it was so frustrating but thankfully I hatched a Psyduck finally and evolved it and Golduck is now my highest CP so it worked out in the end.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Very much looking forward to this coming out. No telling when that will be of course.

Years
    Well, rumor has it Labor Day is going to bring a large update of some sort.

Lots of ridiculous things are rumored to be in said update, most of which I think will not be. But the Buddy System is very likely, imo.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I like this feature, as I live in a small place where there isn't much stuff. I can always walk to have candies for the Pokemon I want to evolve!

The first one I want to use is Cubone, as Marowak is my favorite Pokemon and I only need ONE more candy!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This is a pretty nice idea to have for the game. Walking with pokemon has always been big and now being able to get much desired candy will lead to a pretty good update. I'm excited for it and glad to hear something like this is happening! Hope it releases soon!

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Aww, I was hoping our Buddy would follow us around the map screen too... But, I guess they'd need walking animations for all the land-bound Pokémon then, so I can see why they stuck to just the profile page.
    Maybe in the future?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Glad to see this officially confirmed, gives me a bit of hope that it won't be far away!

I'm glad they don't follow the avatar around on the map, to be honest, as that seems like a lot of clutter getting in the way of me easily spotting wild pokemon, especially considering how enormous some pokemon are.

Years
    This is gonna be so good, it's a great way of evolving the rarer Pokemon that people have only found once *cough* Vulpix and Growlithe *cough*. I hope it's not too easy either, I want to evolve my rarer Pokemon but I want to work for it too. Also, it's a shame that it doesn't appear like the Pokemon will actually appear with you on the map which would have been cool, but this will be a great feature nonetheless.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Right now I need this feature for squirtle only need 2 more candy, but by time it's added I probably will use it for geodude first.

Back